Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just chasin' bad guys

Edit: oh right they don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So far good Luthor poo poo.

e: Kara is so bad at being a reporter.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 14, 2017

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Kara should have stared at motollo for a little longer. Could have made things extra dramatic.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow. This is gonna be interesting.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Well next week's episode looks weird and possibly dumb but maybe good.

Who's this chucker that showed up at the end of the episode? Is he a thing?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He said it himself; he's Mr. Mxyzptlk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Kinda dissapointed he wasn't wearing a tiny hat.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hey, they actually remembered they have someone else with superpowers that isn't affected by Kryptonite.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So, in how many versions of the Superman canon did Lex and Clark start out as friends?

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 14, 2017

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I wonder what caused the show to get off-schedule, since next week's is explicitly their Valentine's Day episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They aired their thanksgiving episode after thanksgiving too. Seems like a deliberate choice on their part.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snapper Carr still owns.

I want to see Alex use Lex's war suit. Too bad it blew up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

So far good Luthor poo poo.

e: Kara is so bad at being a reporter.

She's better than iris.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well that was a pretty good new episode of Supergirl. Lot of surprise guest stars though. First, Metallo comes to free Lillian. Then Cyborg Henshaw comes as the secret person that got the flawed Kryptonite. Then Martian Manhunter makes surprise appearance to help Supergirl.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

howe_sam posted:

So, I how many versions of the Superman canon did Lex and Clark start out as friends?

Luthor was just a standard-issue evil scientist originally. Then in the 1960s they did a Superboy story where Clark and Lex were pals until Clark accidentally made Lex's hair fall out. That was the origin until the 1980s when Lex was reworked into a business tycoon rather than a mad scientist, and Superboy was removed from continuity.

And then of course Smallville went back to Clark and Lex being teenage friends.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jfc cookie pan superman looks soooooo bad

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Supergirl finally defeated the real villain, Fake News.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Another good episode. This show is definitely hitting its seasonal stride right now.

Selachian posted:

Luthor was just a standard-issue evil scientist originally. Then in the 1960s they did a Superboy story where Clark and Lex were pals until Clark accidentally made Lex's hair fall out. That was the origin until the 1980s when Lex was reworked into a business tycoon rather than a mad scientist, and Superboy was removed from continuity.

And then of course Smallville went back to Clark and Lex being teenage friends.
Before the New 52 reboot, the most up-to-date comics origin for Superman was the Secret Origin arc by Geoff Johns, which followed the Smallville example and had Clark and Lex as being friends from the same town. And now that Superman is the active Superman in the rebooted universe instead of its own original N52 Superman...so, technically, current comics canon Clark and Lex did indeed start out as friends.

(...Except Lex doesn't remember this because he's still the N52 Lex.)

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

BrianWilly posted:

Another good episode. This show is definitely hitting its seasonal stride right now.

Before the New 52 reboot, the most up-to-date comics origin for Superman was the Secret Origin arc by Geoff Johns, which followed the Smallville example and had Clark and Lex as being friends from the same town. And now that Superman is the active Superman in the rebooted universe instead of its own original N52 Superman...so, technically, current comics canon Clark and Lex did indeed start out as friends.

(...Except Lex doesn't remember this because he's still the N52 Lex.)

Welcome to DC Comics everyone!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Also, Kara still has more romantic chemistry with Lena Luthor than she does with any of the guys she's been put together with. Not that Mon-El has been terrible, but seriously, every time Kara visits Lena's office there are sparks flying all over the place.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Selachian posted:

Also, Kara still has more romantic chemistry with Lena Luthor than she does with any of the guys she's been put together with. Not that Mon-El has been terrible, but seriously, every time Kara visits Lena's office there are sparks flying all over the place.

Mostly all from Lena, that top she was wearing at the end of last night's episode, yowza.

When Lillian found that cube in Lex's vault, my first thought was Motherbox, but I don't think that's where they're going.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I think the show should shift to just be everyone in the bar hanging out. " Of course I knew I'm psychic".

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Can we just have Kara and Barry get together.

Cause Iris is boring.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I like that Hank passively reads Alex's mind enough to know she's into chicks before she even knows it but somehow never bothered to check to see if Lena was actively in cahoots with her mother or not. When they specifically called back to his mind reading I was sure he was going to put it all to rest by reading Lena but nope.

Hopefully we've not put the whole "Kara is upset with James being Guardian" thing to rest and move on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure Hank only knew about Alex because they've been in close proximity for a long time, and he probably picked up background thoughts over that time, Lena he'd have to actively go in.

BlueBayou posted:

Can we just have Kara and Barry get together.

Cause Iris is boring.

They need to reveal in Supergirl's universe, the West's are the Gordons and Jim is Commissiar Gordon and Iris is Babs.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also did Mon El come out as bisexual. Cause that's the impression I got when he was like " Oh is that a thing here?" and then is all everyone fucks everyone on Daxum.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mortanis posted:

Hopefully we've not put the whole "Kara is upset with James being Guardian" thing to rest and move on.

That seemed to be what they were going for, especially with James acting as an ad hoc DEO agent most of this episode. The thing that stuck out to me though was that I thought Maggie already knew and/or didn't care that he was Guardian. Why did Alex tell him not to tell her? Because she'd arrest him on sight?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't even like looking at cyborg henshaw. That mask thing looks so dumb.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Wait, Winn didn't know about Alex and Maggie? Are we really supposed to believe he doesn't read tumblr?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Licarn posted:

Wait, Winn didn't know about Alex and Maggie? Are we really supposed to believe he doesn't read tumblr?

presumably he got tumblr savior to block the whole Clanvers stuff after being turned down.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

They need to reveal in Supergirl's universe, the West's are the Gordons and Jim is Commissiar Gordon and Iris is Babs.

Haha, I remember suggesting something similar in the Flash thread. It'd be really fun if the Arrow and Flash characters had Earth S counterparts for us to see. :D

Don't even have to have the names, either. Jay Garrick is Henry Allen's doppelganger, after all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny to see Lex's comic book as gently caress battle suit in the storage locker.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also, they had The Black Mercy.

Edit:

Huh, apparently they already did a episode around it.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 15, 2017

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Also, they had The Black Mercy which I will be surprised if we do not get a episode called " For the Woman who has Everything".

We already did?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

We already did?

Yeah I didn't watch all of season 1.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I didn't watch all of season 1.

I think that was the first "oh my god they're willing to do the weird stuff" episode.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Maxwell Lord was a main villain?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Mostly all from Lena, that top she was wearing at the end of last night's episode, yowza.

Word.

The way she picked up a knight at the end of the episode, I'm pretty sure she's going to be the driving force behind Checkmate on her Earth. It'd make sense, since she'd want to go up against CADMUS.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Chokes McGee posted:

The way she picked up a knight at the end of the episode, I'm pretty sure she's going to be the driving force behind Checkmate on her Earth. It'd make sense, since she'd want to go up against CADMUS.

I love that they set up the scene at the beginning with Lex and his mom showing that Lex is a chess master and have Lex invite Lena to play. You think Lex is going to dominate her and it will be the start of her abuse, making it look like she's always been the victim. Then they end with Lena showing almost prodigy level skill at chess implying she is quite capable of playing the long game and knows exactly what she's doing.

So Checkmate, what's that? She's still a good guy or is this the start of a heel turn?

Also, when she has her hair back, she reminds me so much of Ursa from Superman II: the Wrath of Zod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

I love that they set up the scene at the beginning with Lex and his mom showing that Lex is a chess master and have Lex invite Lena to play. You think Lex is going to dominate her and it will be the start of her abuse, making it look like she's always been the victim. Then they end with Lena showing almost prodigy level skill at chess implying she is quite capable of playing the long game and knows exactly what she's doing.

So Checkmate, what's that? She's still a good guy or is this the start of a heel turn?

Also, when she has her hair back, she reminds me so much of Ursa from Superman II: the Wrath of Zod.

Checkmate was actually what Waller's organization was called in the comics, not ARGUS. They were less mustache twirling evil than Arrow and much more shades-of-grey DCAU. So, more of a tweener I guess: out for the greater good but willing to get her hands dirty.