Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I've been practicing a lot while my game is downloading and sigoki rarely gets staggered and can trade hits like a champ. Also guard breaking through your enemies attack so they can't counter rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Eton Mess Renewal posted:

Missed the beta and thinking about picking this up, what does the combat gameplay/control feel like in multiplayer?

guerilla warfare with swords

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Sigoki is broken and I don't know how people are not doing well on him. he's a lot faster than you would think, barely ever gets staggered, has a lot of health, a decent move pool and hits like a truck.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like how I have orders specific to the elimination mode but can't complete them because matchmaking puts me in skirmish instead.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He is slow, easily avoided, has short range and a limited moveset

his "unavoidable attack" is the most telegraphed attack in the game

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
I am really digging Valkyrie.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
Pubbies are such a helpfull bunch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH179zHctIg

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Zzulu posted:

He is slow, easily avoided, has short range and a limited moveset

his "unavoidable attack" is the most telegraphed attack in the game

The unavoidable attack has a few ways to get it in -- either a risky bet that the guy will attempt to jump into it and let your superarmor suck up the hit while you let it fly, or drain his stamina completely with a few smacks and a headbutt, throw 'em to the ground and let her rip.
Dealing with a Conqueror is tricky because he's so easy to block, but I'll be damned if his grab special isn't just perfect for shield guys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Lawbringer is so much fun and more deep than Warden, I may have to main him instead. Hard choice. So much fun.

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I've been practicing a lot while my game is downloading and sigoki rarely gets staggered and can trade hits like a champ. Also guard breaking through your enemies attack so they can't counter rules.

Shugoki is my least favorite opponent as lawbringer. Pretty much forces me to parry to get a hit in.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Pretty much forces me to parry to get a hit in.

this is p much how you should be playing lawbringer anyway

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Haroshia posted:

He's like the worst parts of all the vanguards put into one class. His damage primarily comes from huge telegraphed directional combos, that as far as I can tell can't change direction mid-combo. The risk of parrying just doesn't have enough reward. Basically he has to set up unblockables with light>heavy>heavy. That's two big chances to parry. Light doesn't chain into heavy fast enough to get around players that aren't poo poo. To add insult to injury rather than just letting him parry from any direction into an unblockable he can ONLY do that on an overhead. His side attacks are parryable spear pushes that although cool as gently caress looking are like a much harder to set up Raider tackle.

As far as I can see the best thing about him is the shove from block draining the gently caress out of their stamina and stopping combos, but a parry does that AND has more punish for other classes. I just don't see his purpose besides being awesome.

I'll keep maining him until I hate myself

I fought a lawbringer who kept blurring my vision with something and when I was blind he'd land his hardest hits

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Internet Kraken posted:

Matchmaking is working perfectly fine :shepface:

To be fair, sometimes bots are way better than players. It's so random whether a bot will be completely useless or the top scoring player on the team though. I have no idea what the algorithm is for the bots difficulty level

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Zzulu posted:

I fought a lawbringer who kept blurring my vision with something and when I was blind he'd land his hardest hits

His top heavy is a stun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zzulu posted:

To be fair, sometimes bots are way better than players. It's so random whether a bot will be completely useless or the top scoring player on the team though. I have no idea what the algorithm is for the bots difficulty level

I got into a match that was 4 humans vs. 4 bots. Every other player on my team died within the first 30 seconds.

EDIT: I just played Lawbringer vs. Shugoki and it was pathetic. Two extremely huge dudes that ran out of stamina at the drop of a hat. It wasn't an epic battle of colossus but rather two lethargic oafs wheezing and puffing as they tried to bash one another.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Feb 14, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: I just played Lawbringer vs. Shugoki and it was pathetic. Two extremely huge dudes that ran out of stamina at the drop of a hat. It wasn't an epic battle of colossus but rather two lethargic oafs wheezing and puffing as they tried to bash one another.

rip kimbo that was a good fight

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
This game is amazing. I'm so hooked! Wish the matchmaking and UI wasn't garbage but the gameplay is worth it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this is p much how you should be playing lawbringer anyway

Against people who aren't shugoki you can block, combo block into grab, and combo grab into chain. The parry is nice but its not your only option.

But Shugoki can just eat the first hit of the combo and whomp you back.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Only significant bug I've seen so far is that one of my orders is in French. Heh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how I have orders specific to the elimination mode but can't complete them because matchmaking puts me in skirmish instead.

Its ultra dumb because if anything they should mix skirmish in with the dominion playlist, not the elimination one.

But instead they should just each be their own playlist because what the gently caress ubisoft.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Once you get into an Elimination game, remember you can vote between matches. I just finished an order by voting for elim every game and got 5 in a row.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm enjoying that depending on whose comments you believe Lawbringer is either great or crap and Shugoki is either great or crap.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Just bought the game to continued my non-stop rage about guard break.

Is the valk worth learning? loving the spear/shield concept.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Yeah I'd like to hear some opinions from Valkyrie players. How does she work in practice? Judging from some (lovely) youtube videos she seems to have a Warden-style tackle that looks useful.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Still going to take a while to learn Valk, but chaining from double light attack into a leg sweep owns

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all the valks ive faced have been free kills

but thats probably because no one can play them very well yet

i hope

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ohsosad posted:

Just bought the game to continued my non-stop rage about guard break.

Is the valk worth learning? loving the spear/shield concept.

Magical Zero posted:

Yeah I'd like to hear some opinions from Valkyrie players. How does she work in practice? Judging from some (lovely) youtube videos she seems to have a Warden-style tackle that looks useful.

Valk seems quite solid so far. The breadth of her moveset is a bit overwhelming at first, so it's best to go about learning her one by one. You've got very fast light attacks/chains as well as fast and long-ranged dodge attacks, which should be your bread and butter. You've got superior block on your light attacks as well, which makes them even safer and allows you to trade favourably.

Next up is the deflect, which leads into a quite potent yet fast bleeding attack. This seems to be more powerful than any followup after a parry that I've found yet, so deflecting probably should be your primary reaction to incoming heavies rather than parrying. Even if you miss the timing and just dodge normally, you can still followup with a regular light dodge-attack.

Your guardbreak leads into a stunning headbutt, which can be charged to stagger the opponent back further. This can be followed with either a dodge-attack or the leg-sweep. The latter throws the enemy backwards even further, but can also only be followed by a forwards dodge attack.

Last is your fullblock stance. This can be charged into a running shieldbash that either staggers or prones depending on how long you charge it. It's pretty good as a counterattack, since the combination of backwards-dodge+blockstance moves you back far enough to avoid almost any attack. The fully charged shieldbash can be followed by a guaranteed sideways heavy.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
So, the story mode.
The Warden just might be the dumbest protagonist. Maybe this crazy woman who gets off on killing nonresisting people and masturbates over the concept of predators isn't actually fighting for peace?

makes u think

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I like how I'm six missions in and the stupid game is still stopping to give me tutorial popups for basic game mechanics. Not to mention I've seen the same tutorial popup multiple times.

e: like gently caress I'm playing on Realistic difficulty too. How is ubisoft so bad at basic interface stuff?

Garrand fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 14, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

1500 posted:

I am really digging Valkyrie.

A grave?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I've been half paying attention to the fact this exists, and it's release has caught me by surprise.

Which also means, the fact it's 4vs4 rather than double digits of players and persistent player corpses ala Chivalry has caught me by surprise.

Though I should have really expected tiny teams the second I heard they were making more "Hero" style classes way back when :downs: It still looks really cool and I expect I'll be splurging on it, though by it's nature means I can't as readily just hop in and wildly flail my way towards completing the objective as a dead average man among many :v:

A quick google search turned up that you can at least play whatever class you want regardless of faction (by way of someone bitching on reddit that they had it's not restricted), if that's the case for launch/most game modes, that will be a pleasant bonus for me.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

For fucks sake ubisoft. You included a turret section in your medieval warfare game.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I played mostly nobushi during the beta so I decided on focusing conquerer to start. I figured they were opposing play styles and would help me learn to be more rounded.

I am getting destroyed.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So it's great that people are already abusing gear to get revenge mode super fast and basically never die because of it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

OctaMurk posted:

heh lmao at this guy here

wait a second

i did this too

poo poo!

same re: Tom Clancey's The Division

I am literal poo poo at this game and all games. Picking it up as soon as the store opens, PSN: mr_dread

TheHero
Feb 13, 2017
How are the KB+M controls? I'm assuming using a controller is probably the best approach?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Keyboard and mouse are excellent

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm quite keen on KB+M after trying both a DS2 and 360 pad. I'm also bad though.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Me and one of my buddies tried both Controller and M+K and both decided to go with Keyboard, blocking just feels much more effortless and precise. Another buddy of mine stuck with a controller, but he never tried m+k, because 'this is designed to be played with a controller'. :shrug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Am I seeing things or is the mythic outfit for conquerors shooting fire out of its back? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My 'blem for the full launch:

Given the lack of visibility, I had to step up and make it chunkier as opposed to my beta one:

I think it looks nicer though.