Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

homullus posted:

I think Andromeda is going to be pretty good because I didn't have the problems with ME1, ME2, or ME3 that others have cited, so even if it's a cash grab, it will still probably be pretty good. They were all pretty good games with some great moments. I agree that the lack of gameplay footage is weird, but doesn't tell me anything about anything because there isn't anything to comment on. The lack of footage doesn't mean the game is amazing, that's for sure.
This right here.
There's plenty people, myself include who just want more Mass Effect. As has been mentioned earlier, there's not exactly an abundance of space opera RPGs to selecet from.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The overall tone of the thread could be right, Andromeda might suck after all, and it wouldn't change the fact that this is a poo poo thread that should be gassed :v:
Also this.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bioware has a pretty much perfect track record of "games that I enjoyed" so I see no reason to doubt them now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jinkies, that OG Mass Effect thread is gold. Greatest :psyduck: post so far:

"Is there any way to make Shephard a white guy? I've gone through every combination I can think of and I can make him any race/ethnicity/whatever other than a white guy. The closest I can get is a persian looking dude. It may sound stupid, but I have a really hard time getting into RPG's if I can't make the character look at least something like me."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Sentinel Red posted:

"Is there any way to make Shephard a white guy? I've gone through every combination I can think of and I can make him any race/ethnicity/whatever other than a white guy. The closest I can get is a persian looking dude. It may sound stupid, but I have a really hard time getting into RPG's if I can't make the character look at least something like me."

What even the gently caress? :psyduck:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Like, did they not use the different head layouts or skin tones at all?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sentinel Red posted:

Choose your character's background:

Sole Survivor
War Hero
Ruthless
Member of the Aryan Brotherhood

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BexGu posted:

This thread is starved for new content and is hyper detailing every last thing.

This isn't hyper detailing, this is self flagellating.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

The level of oohing and aahing over a couple still frames is reaching Star Citizen ship.jpg proportions.

Yea, this isn't happening, if these posts of yours are actually serious you're the one who is crazy.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Sentinel Red posted:

i hope this person isn't still posting

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

AriadneThread posted:

i hope this person isn't still posting

they migrated to reddit and then to voat

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

what expression is any face in those screens

at all
it's called RBF

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy gently caress, another one:

"Also, I sympathize with the guy who couldn't make his character an acceptably white guy. I have never had a problem making a character who looks practically identical to me in a game with a decent character customization engine. I'm a bald white guy, relatively average looking. I could be a preset. Mass Effect even has an option for a scar on the left eyebrow, which I have, and said "hell yes!" when I selected. However, no amount of tweaking would get my guy looking less Asian. All the eye choices that weren't jarringly unlike my eyes (which are not unusual by any means) were pronouncedly Asian-looking. Kind of a bummer."

Perhaps my copy auto updated to v1.1 immediately on install, and that included the White Supremacist sliders or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is wanting me to buy archives just to go through that thread.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

guys i think that this game

will be

good??????

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Holy gently caress, another one:

"Also, I sympathize with the guy who couldn't make his character an acceptably white guy. I have never had a problem making a character who looks practically identical to me in a game with a decent character customization engine. I'm a bald white guy, relatively average looking. I could be a preset. Mass Effect even has an option for a scar on the left eyebrow, which I have, and said "hell yes!" when I selected. However, no amount of tweaking would get my guy looking less Asian. All the eye choices that weren't jarringly unlike my eyes (which are not unusual by any means) were pronouncedly Asian-looking. Kind of a bummer."

Perhaps my copy auto updated to v1.1 immediately on install, and that included the White Supremacist sliders or something.

2007 was a different time, huh?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

"Acceptably white" made me do a spit take.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Okay, last one, I promise.

"I hope there's an option to throw Ashley into a sun at some point. I cannot stand her rear end."

It's kind of amazing to think it's coming up on ten years (TEN YEARS!) since it was released, it really doesn't feel like it at all.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sentinel Red posted:

Okay, last one, I promise.

"I hope there's an option to throw Ashley into a sun at some point. I cannot stand her rear end."

It's kind of amazing to think it's coming up on ten years (TEN YEARS!) since it was released, it really doesn't feel like it at all.

well, at least that guy got what he wanted :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder if people in that thread were bemoaning not being able to romance Garrus or Tali

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sapozhnik posted:

well, at least that guy got what he wanted :v:

Personally, I regret torching her. It was only much later it occurred to me that if you're in a life or death struggle against pure, concentrated evil, you want a moron called Ashley Williams on your team.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Honestly, I just hope that there is some amazing facial hair options. I only play as male characters in bioware games because I dig my guys having huge handlebar mustaches and monster mutton chops.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Deakul posted:

guys i think that this game

will be

good??????

We're a month out and I'd like to be seeing more gameplay footage, that would make me feel better about this game.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Shepard's facial hair options are all pathetic and shameful.

Groetgaffel posted:

There's plenty people, myself include who just want more Mass Effect. As has been mentioned earlier, there's not exactly an abundance of space opera RPGs to selecet from.
My ideal ME game wouldn't have Shepard or the Reapers at all. It would be a sandbox game with a bunch of more-or-less self-contained storylines like "stop rogue mechs," "kill a space pirate," "take the Blue Suns down a peg" like in ME1 and ME2. And lots of cute space babes.

If I was going to anything truly new it would be romance options...for the other characters. You can bang everyone on your ship. They can bang each other. There are 3PS missions, vehicle combat missions, and Lunchroom Gossip you have to navigate.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Shepard's facial hair options are all pathetic and shameful.

My ideal ME game wouldn't have Shepard or the Reapers at all. It would be a sandbox game with a bunch of more-or-less self-contained storylines like "stop rogue mechs," "kill a space pirate," "take the Blue Suns down a peg" like in ME1 and ME2. And lots of cute space babes.

If I was going to anything truly new it would be romance options...for the other characters. You can bang everyone on your ship. They can bang each other. There are 3PS missions, vehicle combat missions, and Lunchroom Gossip you have to navigate.

A space/soap opera

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You can't sit with us.

Nothing personal, we're dextro-amino.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

SgtSteel91 posted:

I wonder if people in that thread were bemoaning not being able to romance Garrus or Tali

Nah, I didn't start posting until the ME2 thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
For those of you who haven't played ME3 or whichever one,
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/mass-effect-trilogy/
Greenman Gaming is a legit site that's selling the trilogy pack for 10 bucks - redeemable on Origin.

Pretty good price. You don't get all the DLCs for every game, but, umm, you should pick up the dlcs elsewhere since Origin refuses to play nice with them. *pirate smiley*

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ah, the ME2 hype thread. I think I remember joking about the junk in Tali's trunk in that thread.

How far we've...er...come?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

marshmallow creep posted:

Ah, the ME2 hype thread. I think I remember joking about the junk in Tali's trunk in that thread.

How far we've...er...come?

everyone was very excited for ME2, and the ME2 thread as a whole was filled with people going "man this game is bonkers I can't wait to see how it plays out in ME3"

so yeah

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Serf posted:

Bioware has a pretty much perfect track record of "games that I enjoyed" so I see no reason to doubt them now.

Great bioware Games Like: ME3, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age Inqusition, That Bad Starwar MMO

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Great bioware Games Like: ME3, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age Inqusition, That Bad Starwar MMO

ME:3 was good and fun besides the ending. Multiplayer was also fun.

DA:2 I got nothing

DA:I was ok, combat dragged, but enjoyed the characters and story for the most part.

SWTOR has been pretty good for a while now.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yes to all of them?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pattonesque posted:

everyone was very excited for ME2, and the ME2 thread as a whole was filled with people going "man this game is bonkers I can't wait to see how it plays out in ME3"

so yeah

I remember the optimism of the Mass Effect 2 threads. Then the disappointment of the Mass Effect 3 threads. It was especially funny how bitchy certain parts of Bioware were about fans not liking their poo poo ending.

I really hope Andromeda is a stand alone game and they aren't making a new trilogy. I don't mind new games set in the same area as Andromeda but if they aren't willing to commit on different endings because they don't want to write more for the sequel, they shouldn't do it as a trilogy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who can honestly hate the ending to ME3 in 2017, it's one of the most spectacular and interesting failures in video game narratives ever. How boring and forgettable it would be if everything just ended on some predictably boring note, much like how everybody will soon forget about Mass Effect: Andromeda, confirmed to have crafting and things you can gently caress.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

quote:

Frank Diaz ‏@diazfr78
And hopefully higher difficulty = more agreesive AI and not just HP sponge?

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon
There are changes to both behavior and stats based on difficulty.

Another pair of screenshots

Happy Valentine's Day, from EA

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Serf posted:

Yes to all of them?

If you honestly enjoyed Dragon Age 2 there's no hope left for you.

Serf
May 5, 2011

If you honestly enjoyed Dragon Age 2 there's no hope left for you.

It's actually my favorite of the Dragon Age games so far.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Spacebump posted:

I remember the optimism of the Mass Effect 2 threads. Then the disappointment of the Mass Effect 3 threads. It was especially funny how bitchy certain parts of Bioware were about fans not liking their poo poo ending.

I really hope Andromeda is a stand alone game and they aren't making a new trilogy. I don't mind new games set in the same area as Andromeda but if they aren't willing to commit on different endings because they don't want to write more for the sequel, they shouldn't do it as a trilogy.
When ME3 came out there were 2 threads, one nonspoiler and one about how lovely the ending was. There was even a banner ad with THE ENDS ARE BAD, which is still my favorite banner ad to this day.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That banner was around forever oh my God. When did it finally drop from circulation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sentinel Red posted:

This is amazing.

He probably also tells women and minorities who want better representation in videogames to quit whining.