Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I loved boxing as a kid but once MMA really got rolling around 2005 I stopped watching anything but the big fights (I watched floyd/pac the day after)

but if Conor and Floyd were to actually fight I'd watch it for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I absolutely won't watch since it will cost 96 dollars and will be the biggest freak show of all time, also it will continue to ruin the UFC via everyone going into business for themselves (something we've already seen start to happen) greatly lowering quality of matchmaking. And I can't even be happy about evil zuffa & Dana being forced to bow to talent since they sold.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

I absolutely won't watch since it will cost 96 dollars and will be the biggest freak show of all time, also it will continue to ruin the UFC via everyone going into business for themselves (something we've already seen start to happen) greatly lowering quality of matchmaking. And I can't even be happy about evil zuffa & Dana being forced to bow to talent since they sold.

yep

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i will get very drunk at a buffalo wild wings and watch it

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I will watch it at home on the computer

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

How amazing would it be if he just walk off KOed Floyd, though?

How amazing would it be if jase1 gave inri 300 dollars?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

NAC Commissioner:

“There is a lot of real stuff going on. It still seems like a long shot, but when there is a lot of money involved, people tend to figure it out. There are a lot of cooks in the kitchen, but I’m not sure if we’re going to eat."

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

handsome only face posted:

I will watch it at home on the computer

We rather sit at computer

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Actually I'll buy it if the undercard really insane and at least one person writes goldenpalace.com on their body.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dana White told TMZ that there is no deal.

So, I guess we can expect him to call a massive press conference tomorrow to announce the date of the match.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/831623711551848449

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

charity is love

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Remember when Shinya Aoki fought that kickboxer under mixed rules in Dream and got hilariously knocked out after acting like a loving idiot in the kickboxing round? They should make Conor vs Floyd a mixed rules match for the most potential hilarity.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
it'd be funny if floyd managed to get a GNP stoppage

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If the fight ever happens (it won't) it will only happen with rules that are most favorable to Floyd Mayweather, because he generates more money per fight than the GDP of some small nations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaleski posted:

Remember when Shinya Aoki fought that kickboxer under mixed rules in Dream and got hilariously knocked out after acting like a loving idiot in the kickboxing round? They should make Conor vs Floyd a mixed rules match for the most potential hilarity.

That kickboxer was "Jienotsu" Nagashima and everyone should watch that fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGjmRXA0xc

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What would happen if Conor was losing the fight and decided to just throw a head kick and knock Floyd out. He would be disqualified, but he'd still get paid, right?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He'd lose by the bad rules of boxing but win by the rules and judgment of literally everywhere else in the known and unknown universe.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tsyni posted:

What would happen if Conor was losing the fight and decided to just throw a head kick and knock Floyd out. He would be disqualified, but he'd still get paid, right?

Dumb question: if you are competing in boxing and then kick a dude in the head (which is explicitly against the rules and therefore not possible for your opponent to anticipate), is there a potential for criminal charges, or does the legal structure that lets consenting people kick each others' asses in the ring protect the kicker in this situation?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Remember when someone asked James Toney if he knew how to check kicks and he was like "Yeah man I know Czech kicks, karate kicks, roundhouse kicks..."

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Tsyni posted:

Floyd would probably have something in the bout agreement that would result in financial penalties for Conor should he do anything like that.

That said, I can't imagine Conor actually cares about winning or losing so long as he gets a huge pay day out of the match.

It's a really stupid fight and I'd rather see Conor defend his lightweight belt against either Tony or Khabib.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Remember when someone asked James Toney if he knew how to check kicks and he was like "Yeah man I know Czech kicks, karate kicks, roundhouse kicks..."

My favorite was his story of his dad being a "death fighter" and him being a gold belt level grappler.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I remember side check kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5mq6cEDO4

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Rigel posted:

Its not the WWE. The UFC does not have a "make sure Conor is a long-term active champion" option.

You misread what I wrote. I'm was referring to how Khabib won't make the UFC any money whether you compare him to McGregor or some other champion because no one cares about it. Besides Khabib will never beat McGregor because Khabib is always hurt and Conor never defends his belts.

And actually they do have options as far as keeping him a long term champion. They feed him cans and just print money off people desperate to watch McGregor knock someone out.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dumb question: if you are competing in boxing and then kick a dude in the head (which is explicitly against the rules and therefore not possible for your opponent to anticipate), is there a potential for criminal charges, or does the legal structure that lets consenting people kick each others' asses in the ring protect the kicker in this situation?

He has never ko'd with a headkick

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

this

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I thought conor was having a baby and all this fight talk had to go on hold

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Conor vs Floyd is really stupid and i genuinely wouldnt really care to watch it. Most likely i will end up watching it at someones house who duped everyone into pitching in for the $100 PPV but my preferred scenario is I look for an illegal stream at home and its hard to find a good one so instead of watching I jack off to Playboy non-nude edition

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Trast posted:

I understand why Conor wants to do this. I'm not sure why the UFC would be on board past a short term gain. Having their bell cow get pointed by a past his prime boxer hurts the brand.

it wont matter at all .. its not like theres a precedent for people to compare it to, except for maybe ali vs inoki and ali came out of it alright

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

Strongly agree

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

manyak posted:

Conor vs Floyd is really stupid and i genuinely wouldnt really care to watch it. Most likely i will end up watching it at someones house who duped everyone into pitching in for the $100 PPV but my preferred scenario is I look for an illegal stream at home and its hard to find a good one so instead of watching I jack off to Playboy non-nude edition

I got bad ( or good?) news for you

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/14/515164287/playboy-snaps-out-of-its-never-nude-phase

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

"There is nothing good or bad, but jacking off makes it so." - Einstein.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Me (joking, using irony) nice, would watch this fight but I'm busy jacking off to playboy(reference to Jose aldo)
Old psp, only weeks ago: make another joke or ref like maybe... where's your juijitsu now playboy. Just the classic twisted yet smart stuff that this forum is famous for.
Current psp, now: (completely earnest) nice actually when you do this for real, as I know you will and I also will, you will have an easier time due to playboy reversing its no nudity stance. Anyone want to discuss different lubes for jacking? Sex shops have dedicated jack lubes with cool sex names now. I use ManSauce myself but a lot of my real life social group is partial to Big Spurt.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I would watch it but it seems dumb and I can't imagine Connor will fare well in a conventional boxing match against one of the best boxers of all time. He's been out-boxed by Nate Diaz, and Floyd is a big step up, even if he is past his prime.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Dedicated jack lubes

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I'd watch it because regardless of outcome there is a near 100% chance that a very wealthy egotist would get embarrassed and although I try and be a humble, decent man I still really want to see that because I am a flawed human being. I wish it was because I'm a life-long combat sports fan but it isn't.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Is there a way to Favorite or save Streamable videos other than bookmarking the link in Chrome? These are cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If you right-click the video you can download it

source: I right-clicked the video

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rigel posted:

Dana said that if they did it, the UFC would want the boxing match to be at the top of a card filled with MMA fights. How would they do that, logistically? Can you quickly replace a cage with a ring, or would they just have to fight in a ring, pride style?

The octagon is so big that they could put the post mounts under the canvas and, for the last fight, lift up the canvas over the holes and install the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
His defense is impeccable

Floyd Mayweather posted:

Although there has been several rumors circulating thru media suggesting that I will have an upcoming fight, I'd like to set that record straight and state that there has been no deals made on my behalf in regards to a bout with any fighter at this time. I am happily retired and enjoying my life! Rest assured that if any changes come about, I will be the first to let the world know!

• Locked thread