Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Places of Power info

Hooray! My completely irrational decision to 7* Savage Opress and Darth Maul will be useful for something! My Vader is in decent shape, too, so that just leaves two weeks to get Phasma and Palpatine caught up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Maul is a really scary leader on a team of sith.

IGD we're going to attempt a heroic tank again, I'll kick it off right after I make this post. Remember that in heroic you can use as many teams as you like, however, there's no refresh. Consult the spreadsheet linked above.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Hooray! My completely irrational decision to 7* Savage Opress and Darth Maul will be useful for something! My Vader is in decent shape, too, so that just leaves two weeks to get Phasma and Palpatine caught up.

I'm jealous, my irrational choices include Luke, Poe, E Scout, Dathcha, Jawa Scav, Dengar, Eeth, RP, Cad Bane, Poggle, and Asajj. At some point or another, most of these have been sorta useful, but overall, really wish I could redistribute those resources (mostly the mk3 callers and detonators tbh...although the creds would be pretty handy too).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
To be honest Asajj is legit good character whose only weakness is having no sygergy with any of they decent factions. If only they made her Sith...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

To be honest Asajj is legit good character whose only weakness is having no sygergy with any of they decent factions. If only they made her Sith...

To be honest, Asajj is legit ok character whose only weakness is having no synergy with any of the decent factions and needs at least 1 zeta to be mediocre

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
IGD is currently fighting the heroic tank and we have 2 open spots for anyone interested.

Hugh hasn't logged in for a week. Has anyone heard from him? Maybe send a PM.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but you probably have about 350k+ AP at this point. With the latest round of announcements from CG (e.g. release timetable), I think it's fair to say they don't want to/can't fix the cheating problem, which means we won't see tournaments again. At some point, they will probably give you something you can do with AP, but when that happens, you should have enough GW bux saved up to buy quite a lot of it (although you should totally be buying ships with GW right now). If you're on an iPhone, this probably isn't for you, but if you're on Android, I'd recommend you download an emulator and log into the game that way. Go to the bronzium datapacks, hold your mouse steady with one hand, and slam the poo poo out of the buy button with the other. Rewards will fly past your face so fast that you won't even register them. Why? Well, you can actually get a lot of good poo poo out of there. I just spent about 75k, and that made me around 1500 shard shop salvage (I desperately need mk5 droid callers, so this is cool), completed a raid disc (just needed mk3 callers, which I got) and a scanner (random salvage), got a Plo Koon (so like 25 shards) and a couple other heroes, and a ton of lowbie salvage, some of which I won't ever need, but some of which I am constantly farming. This lets me focus on farming important things, like stun cuffs and guns.
You can even get some pretty decent items (unlikely), like mk3 holo projectors or mk3 carbantis (full items). You can't get anything that costs 10 to farm (and can't be farmed for less), but basically everything else is on the table.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
OK, I think it is time to get more serious about the heroic tank. I think we can do it, but we can't have guys in guild who aren't helping. The folks that aren't contributing damage should move to QGJ, I suspect with like 4 or 5 guys from there we should be able to do the heroic tank no problem (we may even be able to do it now). I went through the list of members and made a spreadsheet with the damage numbers as of 11:30 AM EST:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSNvSvidgmMubRuiFjnIFddnez9A8KG83iSjlMvAlBQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you are at the bottom of that list, you need to log in and do some damage or you should move to QGJ. Can we get a couple of QGJ guys who have *good* heroic tank teams to move over ASAP? We have 2 slots plus Hughlander who we can kick because he hasn't logged in for a week. If we have more demand, I will start kicking people who haven't done *any* AAT damage later today. Sorry to be a dick about this, but I want to stay with IGD, and if we can't get our act together and start doing the tank, I'm going to move elsewhere.

Edit: QGJ guys who want to move, my ally code is 242-933-929. Shoot me an ally invite and I will invite you to guild.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I got the guilds mixed up and thought igd was the not as hardcore raid guild. I'll move to qgj.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Field Mousepad posted:

I got the guilds mixed up and thought igd was the not as hardcore raid guild. I'll move to qgj.

IGD isn't a hardcore raid guild... but uh... we do raid, and there is a reasonable expectation that you also raid so that we can overcome hard poo poo.

If you don't want to participate in raids, QGJ is also not the place to be, as they also raid.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I do raid, I was looking to join the more lowbie friendly of the two is all. I'm lvl 83 so I'm only able to contribute so much atm.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
How close are you?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

How close are you?

We got P1 down, stalling out on P2 atm.

But only about half the guild is even on the board by an appreciable amount. We also have like 10 people who are barely active/functionally inactive. .

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

How close are you?

About halfway through p2, I think we might have to throw a few rebel teams at it

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

two_step posted:

About halfway through p2, I think we might have to throw a few rebel teams at it

P4 is pretty brutal compared to normal, if you have to commit rebel squads you're not going to have anything left to finish with, try and do everything you can to avoid the top 5 guys using up their teams.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Normally, I would try to jump in and bring over some Foxtrot people, but 1) we're in the middle of an AAT right now, and 2) we're hitting max AATs this week, so we can't really help all that much. I'm trying to see if there's anyone from other TI guilds that wants to merc, but some guilds don't let you do that (each TI guild has it's own rules), so I'm trying to find out without getting in hot water (I can't just post in our general chat -- the way I'd normally communicate with other TI guilds -- about this, is what I'm saying).

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

two_step posted:

OK, I think it is time to get more serious about the heroic tank. I think we can do it, but we can't have guys in guild who aren't helping. The folks that aren't contributing damage should move to QGJ, I suspect with like 4 or 5 guys from there we should be able to do the heroic tank no problem (we may even be able to do it now). I went through the list of members and made a spreadsheet with the damage numbers as of 11:30 AM EST:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSNvSvidgmMubRuiFjnIFddnez9A8KG83iSjlMvAlBQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you are at the bottom of that list, you need to log in and do some damage or you should move to QGJ. Can we get a couple of QGJ guys who have *good* heroic tank teams to move over ASAP? We have 2 slots plus Hughlander who we can kick because he hasn't logged in for a week. If we have more demand, I will start kicking people who haven't done *any* AAT damage later today. Sorry to be a dick about this, but I want to stay with IGD, and if we can't get our act together and start doing the tank, I'm going to move elsewhere.

Edit: QGJ guys who want to move, my ally code is 242-933-929. Shoot me an ally invite and I will invite you to guild.

I'm on that list and logged in to do some damage but it isn't and won't be enough to make a difference. I'm a casual player and don't have the will to invest the time to build the teams needed for heroic tank. If you want me to move over to QGJ I'm cool with that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Trampus posted:

I'm on that list and logged in to do some damage but it isn't and won't be enough to make a difference. I'm a casual player and don't have the will to invest the time to build the teams needed for heroic tank. If you want me to move over to QGJ I'm cool with that.

Time investment to build a roster in this game is essentially months to years. I've been playing since Ep VII dropped, with a 3 month hiatus in between and I still need 2 characters (Ayala & Chirpa) to have the 4 ideal squads for each phase, not to mention gearing them all past VIII, which will take another 6 months, probably. A lot of more recent players, barring spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on this game, will struggle to contribute to Heroic AAT, and that's nothing against them, their F2P status, or the ultimately casual nature of this game... Access to higher levels in this game just comes through dedication and longevity of play.

That being said, we -do- need to reshuffle our goon guild distribution. Older players with deeper rosters need to move over to IGD, younger/newer players should move to QGJ.

A player only needs 1 team to do Heroic Rancor, so I don't feel like we're shooting anyone in the foot by reshuffling. It might take QGJ some time to get AAT back to farm, but the rewards for normal AAT are basically a joke.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 14, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Some things y'all should know

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/92794/sith-faction-pass/p1?new=1

Taran_Wanderer posted:

So...you should read this...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 14, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo those DOOKU changes!

Unique: Flawless Riposte

ZETA: Count Dooku gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and recovers 10% Protection whenever he counterattacks.

annnnnnnd gently caress

Now I have to farm Savage Oppress.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 14, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo those DOOKU changes!

Unique: Flawless Riposte

ZETA: Count Dooku gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and recovers 10% Protection whenever he counterattacks.

annnnnnnd gently caress

Now I have to farm Savage Oppress.

Lol, yeah, well, I got 3* Savage and 4* Maul, that counts for something, right? Maul is almost G9 though, so that counts for something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Lol, yeah, well, I got 3* Savage and 4* Maul, that counts for something, right? Maul is almost G9 though, so that counts for something.

My Dooku is Gear X and I need to save up for his special Omega.

Maybe zetaing him is a bad idea right now, but I'll be damned if I'm not turned the gently caress on by his loving counter-attack protection regeneration.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
how do i get a guild invite?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Haha, wow. I guess that moves Savage up a bit on the Omega priority list. Guess I'm also going to work on Dooku now instead of Phasma. Think Sith can hold their own in the arena, now?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

jhorphear posted:

how do i get a guild invite?

you need to post your ally code and an officer will add you and invite you.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

my ally code is 299-181-358 can i get an invite please

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

jhorphear posted:

my ally code is 299-181-358 can i get an invite please

We have two flavors of guild, one that's trying to push heroic tank, and one that's more for casual/new players. Which would you prefer?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Bah Gawd those changes, I knew having g10 savage/ g10 sidious would pay off eventually! (no I didn't I did those before I even got a clue in this game). I'd already been working on maul for power of hatred shenanigans in the tank raid, and more damage for my zader is great as he's part of my pvp team. Now to focus on farming up dooku!

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

We have two flavors of guild, one that's trying to push heroic tank, and one that's more for casual/new players. Which would you prefer?

im putting in work but am still low level ( 34 ) so i can go into the newbie guild if space is an issue

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but you probably have about 350k+ AP at this point. With the latest round of announcements from CG (e.g. release timetable), I think it's fair to say they don't want to/can't fix the cheating problem, which means we won't see tournaments again. At some point, they will probably give you something you can do with AP, but when that happens, you should have enough GW bux saved up to buy quite a lot of it (although you should totally be buying ships with GW right now). If you're on an iPhone, this probably isn't for you, but if you're on Android, I'd recommend you download an emulator and log into the game that way. Go to the bronzium datapacks, hold your mouse steady with one hand, and slam the poo poo out of the buy button with the other. Rewards will fly past your face so fast that you won't even register them. Why? Well, you can actually get a lot of good poo poo out of there. I just spent about 75k, and that made me around 1500 shard shop salvage (I desperately need mk5 droid callers, so this is cool), completed a raid disc (just needed mk3 callers, which I got) and a scanner (random salvage), got a Plo Koon (so like 25 shards) and a couple other heroes, and a ton of lowbie salvage, some of which I won't ever need, but some of which I am constantly farming. This lets me focus on farming important things, like stun cuffs and guns.
You can even get some pretty decent items (unlikely), like mk3 holo projectors or mk3 carbantis (full items). You can't get anything that costs 10 to farm (and can't be farmed for less), but basically everything else is on the table.

I feel like a lot of people missed this, so I'm posting it again. After ~350k AP, I've now gained ~5k shard shop tokens. I also got a whole bunch of magnaguard, jkg, Plo, and Stormtrooper shards, so mostly worthless there. I got about 30 each mk1 furnaces, mk1 baws, mk2 binoc salvage, and mk2 binocs (which are basically just one each of the first three things)...those are the items you endlessly farm for Scanners. I could craft a few more scanners just by farming some mk5 blastech weapon mods. No mk3 holos, but I did get a full mk8 blastech (all put together includes a laptop and an mk3 caller). Also got some mk4 laptops and syringes. Got about a dozen mk1 holos and mk1 chedaks (these go into a lot of things), and some mk 3 detonators and mk1 zaltins (these go into lots of stuff).

All in all, if you've got some time, I'd recommend it, especially if you can just spam click on a computer. You can do it on a phone, but my phone loads things just a little bit slower, so it takes longer.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So.... Zader/Zooku/Palp/TFP +1... (Fett? RG/Shore? Kylo? Someone else?)

Seems good.

In particular, Dooku under Zader seems like a hard counter to ST Han, to say nothing of just having another source of shock and stuns...

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Whitey Snipes posted:

No, they aren't. I'm one of the people who left IGD to do HAAT and since I've just finished my first one I can say it's a lot harder than I realised, G10 teams are barely good enough, I carried my weight in P3 with my G11 Empire team but my G10 modded rebels that score 4.5m in T6 tank couldn't even get past 300k in P4.

'Close to' is having 5-6 people who can do 2.5m+ across the entire raid, 10-20 who can do at least 1m and the remainder 300k-500k. You need all 50 people participating unless you have some truly ludicrous teams like G11 clones.

It's a nice thought having two goon guilds who can both compete but it's not realistic.

Goddamn what rebels team you running? My G11 rebels team can only hit 3.5m on T6 tank

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Ahdinko posted:

Goddamn what rebels team you running? My G11 rebels team can only hit 3.5m on T6 tank

I use Phasma instead of Ackbar since there's no need for his dispel, consistent speed down and the TM boost made up for the loss of Tactical Genius. Doesn't work on HAAT though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Whitey Snipes posted:

I use Phasma instead of Ackbar since there's no need for his dispel, consistent speed down and the TM boost made up for the loss of Tactical Genius. Doesn't work on HAAT though.

Also you want Phasma for P1

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Applied to IGD as Ahdinko, ally code 645-941-871 if someone could accept please :)

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 15, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Sith are delayed by at least a day. :(.

Here are the bug fixes for the update...some important things:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58960/the-bugs-bin-update-2-14

"Darth Maul: “Whirling Blades” now applies the Daze effect before determining if a unit can counter attack or not.
Darth Vader: "Inspiring Through Fear" will no longer reduce Turn Meter twice on attacks from characters who are both Empire and Sith.
Darth Vader: "Inspiring Through Fear" will no longer reduce Turn Meter when attacks are Evaded."

"Fixed an issue where TIE Reaper was removing enemy Capital Ship Turn Meter even after he was defeated."

(P.S. Zader is still worth it...Reaper is not).

e: I'm disappointed some bugs are missing. If you have a minute, please upvote my reddit post and post on the attached post in the forums
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5u4ruw/several_bugs_tfp_ship_reinforcements_fotf_tie/

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 15, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
All right Mal, I've got over 500k ally points. You think I should sink all of it?

IGD, would it help if we opened up to friends and family to fill our empty slots? Or can we recruit 5 burley hitters from the forums?

Also, is the Rancor we started morning or night damage?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

All right Mal, I've got over 500k ally points. You think I should sink all of it?

IGD, would it help if we opened up to friends and family to fill our empty slots? Or can we recruit 5 burley hitters from the forums?

Also, is the Rancor we started morning or night damage?

damage starts at 8 am pacific

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Since no QGJ goons seem to want to move over, we should recruit 5 or so dudes with deep enough rosters to contribute to heroic AAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Question about Vader Zeta and Palpatine: does the secondary damage to rebels, Jedi, and people with Shock when Palp casts shock trigger TM reduction? What about the end-of turn damage to anyone with shock?