Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there a particular reason why some bosses show up so much? I feel like I've fought Barthandelus and Rubicante like half a dozen times each so far, and there are tons of bosses I've only seen once or twice.

I mean I guess it's easier / cheaper to reuse assets, but it's not like they are going out of their way to cut corners to that extent everywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Presumably because they're popular bosses.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
For a very confusing moment, I wondered why Cloud was delivering today's valentine's present.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I really wish the MP party screen would refresh whenever someone changes an ability. It sucks trying to guess if someone is going to swap out Shellga for Protectga, or if you should do it instead

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

U-DO Burger posted:

Jesus, I don't know how people are doing this CM without native SBs or synergy. I do okay until I reach Kraken, and then Ink hits my party for like 4000 and guarantees a wipe.

All I can say is that having a good staple of 5* abilities and using Vessel of Fate as my RW really did the job. Just DPS the gently caress out of the fight and say gently caress it to the usual damage mitigation. Seriously, even with Shellga up, you're going to take a shitload of damage anyway and without a real medica to come back from it a second AOE will finish you off. I didn't bring either Protectga or Shellga. Gaia Cross was my only mitigation strat just so I could funnel heals into WoL.

You then sit back and S/L as many times as needed until you get the right RNG to not take a single attack AOE. It's cheese, but it worked for me and saved me 50 mythril.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

U-DO Burger posted:

I really wish the MP party screen would refresh whenever someone changes an ability. It sucks trying to guess if someone is going to swap out Shellga for Protectga, or if you should do it instead
It does! It didn't used to, but as of the recent MP UI update (with adding "Beginners welcome!" etc) character changes will update.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It does! It didn't used to, but as of the recent MP UI update (with adding "Beginners welcome!" etc) character changes will update.

Not always. In fact, it usually doesn't for me. Also, it never seems to update things like changing characters; it just sometimes shows when you change abilities.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Consensus seems to be S/L the Ult+ fight until you don't get inked to death. Meh, 2 orbs just aren't worth it.

Oh, well now I feel dumb for not noticing. Cool, next event should have smoother fights.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

FF13 has a lot of boss fights, pick literally any other one :negative:
Early RK was nonstop Manasvin, Dreadnought and Anima. Dahaka is the mote boss. We've had the Eidolons to death. Not into Orphan territory yet. Not a whole lot left. Jabberwocky, Havoc Skytank, Proudclad and Tiamat will show in events before nightmare.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

paperwind posted:

You then sit back and S/L as many times as needed until you get the right RNG to not take a single attack AOE. It's cheese, but it worked for me and saved me 50 mythril.

Even with a couple of soul breaks, this is basically the tactic.

Unmitigated AoE Fira? S/L
Ink? S/L
etc.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Is there a schedule for future torment dungeons? I'm finally at a point where I've been able to beat some of them, and I'm pumped to get Aegis Strike for my holy knight killsquad crew.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

Oh, well now I feel dumb for not noticing. Cool, next event should have smoother fights.

Well to make you feel better I've done every MP multiple times, and I haven't seen anything update even once. And that's with coordinating with people on discord.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I got lucky, in that I drew Orlandeau's OSB last month and he can one-shot the last couple bosses with a Shout buff. Kraken might be a real son of a bitch, I wouldn't know. I actually didn't realize he'd be THAT effective and if I'd had to wait more than a turn either time I'd have been hosed. I almost fled so I could stick some blink healers on my team.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Adel posted:

For a very confusing moment, I wondered why Cloud was delivering today's valentine's present.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Varance posted:

Early RK was nonstop Manasvin, Dreadnought and Anima. Dahaka is the mote boss. We've had the Eidolons to death. Not into Orphan territory yet. Not a whole lot left. Jabberwocky, Havoc Skytank, Proudclad and Tiamat will show in events before nightmare.

Dreadnought or Proudclad would make for an interesting Torment fight.

The biggest question is "why are you making one of FF13's many, many doom timer fights a Torment dungeon", I feel. Like, Bart is annoying, sure, but it's the idea that you're timed on what is essentially a giant meat sponge is just... hideous.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Doom timer + ultimate dispel on a torment fight is just gross. Can't even imagine how bad that 250 is gonna suck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Having that infamous "not authorized by Google Play Service" glitch this morning. How long does this typically take to fix itself?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Alxprit posted:

Having that infamous "not authorized by Google Play Service" glitch this morning. How long does this typically take to fix itself?

Doesn't take too long usually. 30-60 minutes is the worst I've had.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Alxprit posted:

Had it this morning, it's already gone.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Alxprit posted:

A fix that worked for me was moving your clock up an hour and then opening the app. Once it lets you in, reset your clock to the network.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dungeon Update + Lucky Draw tonight. My body is ready for disappointment!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Cardinal/11, god bless

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ugh. Still can't do cid mission mote ifrit. Too bad I have quistis' bsb, cause I'm too busy using her as a healer to survive. No medica is really bad too.

Also double firaja before my characters can even build half an atb bar, and he's not even under 70% yet? Complete bullshit. And each one does over 2k with shellga, moderate fire resists, fullbreak, magic breakdown and hyperbreak? What the hell.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Sprite141 posted:

Ugh. Still can't do cid mission mote ifrit. Too bad I have quistis' bsb, cause I'm too busy using her as a healer to survive. No medica is really bad too.

Also double firaja before my characters can even build half an atb bar, and he's not even under 70% yet? Complete bullshit. And each one does over 2k with shellga, moderate fire resists, fullbreak, magic breakdown and hyperbreak? What the hell.

Mote Ifrit is just a colossal bullshit boss. I was amazed when I beat him with my A team and every time I try to CM the fight I get destroyed.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Red Soul CM is a fucko just by sheer lack of ability options. No ninja for a sleep dependent fight? Only one magic user on really evasive enemies? booooooooooo.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Mote Ifrit is just a colossal bullshit boss. I was amazed when I beat him with my A team and every time I try to CM the fight I get destroyed.

Just tried it a second time and mastered it. :hellyeah:

I just made quistis heal with selphie non-stop. Selphie had a shared cura medica, and they both had curaja. I almost wiped a few times but for the most part he didn't spam meteor and aoe firaja so I was ok!

Oddly enough his hellfire was his weakest move, didn't even go over 1k damage. Everything else did though holy poo poo. At 10% he almost focus fired rinoa down with 3 out of his 4 punch combos. Or maybe it was 2 and one of them crit, I forget.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Sprite141 posted:

Seifer with blaze armlet and your best defensive armor, in backrow with draw fire + magic lure, permanently defending. You're welcome

e: oh you got it never mind. That's how I did it back in the day without a medica

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Red Soul CM is a fucko just by sheer lack of ability options. No ninja for a sleep dependent fight? Only one magic user on really evasive enemies? booooooooooo.

On the other hand, if you were lucky enough to get Maria BSB, you don't need other mages :getin:

There will never be a FF2 ninja, but a second mage will happen with the next event.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

No, you have leon too. 5* dark and momento mori, it's poo poo but it works. People have used him as a dark mage on that fight. Firion can also use black magic. 1*, which is exactly enough to use sleep.

I used firion, gordon, minwu, ricard and maria. Ricard without shout did little damage, even though I timed it so his dragoon dives could hit by sleeping enemies early enough. I brought maria bsb as a rw instead of shout.

I had minwu's medica and gordon's wallbreak so I was ok. I put minwu's staff on maria and egged her up till she could hit the max amount of times with the 1st bsb command. Gordon brought fullbreak and faith.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
1/11 on the lucky draw but what a 1.

Quistis items still elude me but I will take it!

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Despite having nothing from FF12 on the banner, all I got was the same gun for Laguna I got from the last dungeon update. Better a whiff here than on a 50-mythril banner, I guess.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got a Bismark dupe and Zell's BSB.

EHhhhhhhhhhhhn? How's Zell's BSB?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Lucky Draw netted me Rinoa and Selphie's bursts :aaa: No idea how good the former is, but I'm pumped to have Strange Vision.

^^^ Zell's bsb is really fuckin good

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Cosmic Afro posted:

I got a Bismark dupe and Zell's BSB.

EHhhhhhhhhhhhn? How's Zell's BSB?

Zell's BSB is insane, congrats on what is probably the second best draw on the banner.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I somehow got Penelo's BSB, despite having Aerith's better BSB. Still makes someone incredibly viable though.

Also got Laguna's SSB, which will need Ice stuff.

But yeah, for a sorta high-end team before RS, would a team of Tyro/Ramza/Faris/Aerith/Beatrix be suitable? I mean, having two supports might be an issue but it might work.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Valentine's Gift 3 gave me exactly enough mythril to pull on this banner:

3/11, Dupe Machine Gun VIII for Laguna (My Gacha loves Laguna), Kagenui for Vaan, and Ashe's BSB :woop:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

2/11: Edea's Sorceress Gown (Dupe), Seifer's Almasy Revolver

:smugjones:

Oh well, they can't all be winners.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

1/11, Irvine's SSB. I'm impressed with how consistent my poo poo luck is on Lucky Draws

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
1/11, Squall's Twin Lance. Not great, but I'll make it work.

I'll need to pull on Vayne 1 just to have any XII synergy. Still looking forward to pulling on Fujin/Raijin 1 on Thursday. My mythril reserves are gonna be shallow for 2nd Anniversary, though. Bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I got Jupiter's Staff for Shantotto and a second copy of Vaan's OSB. I've never even used Shantotto before.

• Locked thread