Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Good Samaritan let a young crash victim take shelter in his car - which was then cut to pieces by rescue workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

What? I don't get it. The man was just a bystander who wasn't involved in the accident at all with his car, yes? And he offered crash victim shelter in his perfectly fine car? And then rescue crew cut her out of it even though she could just use doors normally? Did they do it because they were bored? They lifted her out with helicopter?? What??? Is this Onion like site? That article is missing some very important information.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

No, our Onion like site is the Waterford Whisper. :v:
I can only assume that the emergency services thought she was seriously injured and wanted to move her as little as possible so they had to dismantle the car to do it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yeah cutting the roof off & lifting her out that way sounds like they were worried about a spinal fracture or something and they were trying to avoid moving her around.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
No good deed goes unpunished.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

SinineSiil posted:

What? I don't get it. The man was just a bystander who wasn't involved in the accident at all with his car, yes? And he offered crash victim shelter in his perfectly fine car? And then rescue crew cut her out of it even though she could just use doors normally? Did they do it because they were bored? They lifted her out with helicopter?? What??? Is this Onion like site? That article is missing some very important information.

Yeah, like did she try and get out normally and the Emergency crews told her to stop and not move? Was she starting to complain of neck or back pain? Did she pass out so they couldn't talk to her? What a dumb article.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yep. Looks like a guy that would do all that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDlg2JZXp4A

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

US television needs to chill the gently caress out.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

SinineSiil posted:

This was told to me by emergency services after I did a similar thing, do not let an accident victim in your car unless it's like freezing conditions etc or victim is at risk otherwise, they will cut your car to pieces if there is any reason to

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If I had car ripping open equipment I would use it every chance I got too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/830523761153687553/photo/1

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Absurd Alhazred posted:

US television needs to chill the gently caress out.

confirm

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011
Upset tailor sends woman 'penis shirt'

A PERTH woman involved in a legal spat with a tailor over a $2000 suit she claimed was “swimming on her” was delivered a shirt emblazoned with dozens of ejaculating penises as a “gift” from the company’s boss.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...e7040b04ded5162

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lewis Skolnick posted:

Upset tailor sends woman 'penis shirt'

A PERTH woman involved in a legal spat with a tailor over a $2000 suit she claimed was “swimming on her” was delivered a shirt emblazoned with dozens of ejaculating penises as a “gift” from the company’s boss.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...e7040b04ded5162

Is this article just an excuse to post a pic of her rear end, then?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

it translates to Blowjob in Greek apparently

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BoonyPC posted:

it translates to Blowjob in Greek apparently

See also:
https://twitter.com/Botanygeek/status/748451064542826496
https://twitter.com/AniasKitchen/status/748609307248316417
Ukip party's banners leave Asians in stitches

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ain't language grand? :allears:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
IPUK(e) isn't that bad either.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
German woman 'decapitated lover with circular saw in bizarre sex game'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/14/german-woman-decapitated-lover-circular-saw-bizarre-sex-game/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like how she brings her new guy to the room where the dismembered body is, and he actually helps her hide the body.

She sure knows how to pick them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The headline makes it out to be BDSM gone wrong. I was not expecting a tale of revenge.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

The headline makes it out to be BDSM gone wrong. I was not expecting a tale of revenge.

How does sex with a circular saw go right?! :psyduck:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Castration and thus elimination of the gene that drives one to desire sex with a circular saw.

It's a self-solving problem.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

She cut off his head after he was dead, what the gently caress. Clearly this is some kind of supernatural monster hunting scenario.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GrossMurpel posted:

She cut off his head after he was dead, what the gently caress. Clearly this is some kind of supernatural monster hunting scenario.

I remember reading about a dude in Florida that committed suicide by cutting off his own head with a chainsaw. This apparently involved an electric saw and a timed switch, like the kind that turns lights on and off when you're on vacation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There was a goon that had a story about someone he knew that committed suicide by tying a running chainsaw to a tree at neck height and then ran at it.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Wikipedia posted:

2008: David Phyall, 50, the last resident in a block of flats due to be demolished in Bishopstoke, near Southampton, Hampshire, England, decapitated himself with a chainsaw to highlight the injustice of being forced to move out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/chainsaw-death-was-carefully-thought-through-suicide-1025503.html

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I remember reading about a dude in Florida that committed suicide by cutting off his own head with a chainsaw. This apparently involved an electric saw and a timed switch, like the kind that turns lights on and off when you're on vacation.

Back in the 90s there was a Darwin Award for some macho men (I think in Spain or Central/South America) who were having a competition to see who was toughest while drunk. The winner decapitated himself with a chainsaw.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well, he wasn't tough enough apparently.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Back in the 90s there was a Darwin Award for some macho men (I think in Spain or Central/South America) who were having a competition to see who was toughest while drunk. The winner decapitated himself with a chainsaw.

Similarly there was a Darwin Awarded for competitton on who was the machoest by heavily stepping/jumping on a live anti-tank mine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Der Kyhe posted:

Similarly there was a Darwin Awarded for competitton on who was the machoest by heavily stepping/jumping on a live anti-tank mine.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was Russian Roulette, but rather than a revolver they would stomp on an old mine they had found. Consequently, the "loser" just blew up the whole table.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.

Faraj also happens to mean vagina in Malay. It's not spelled the same, but it's pronounced the same as the former party leader's surname.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

quote:

A man cut off his own head with a chainsaw in a carefully thought out suicide [...]

Sergeant Mark Carter said he found Mr Phyall in the lounge with blood spattering the walls, floor and a cabinet.

Central Hampshire deputy coroner Simon Burge said to the officer: "It must have been a huge shock to you."

Sgt Carter replied: "In some ways it was sir."

Stiffest upper lip in Central Hampshire.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

QueenOfMistakes posted:

Faraj also happens to mean vagina in Malay. It's not spelled the same, but it's pronounced the same as the former party leader's surname.

You can summarise the whole thing with "Man named Vagina is leader of the Queef Party".

bitterandtwisted posted:

It definitely reads like something out of a British comedy sketch.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Feb 16, 2017

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Without details as to her injuries it is hard to do anything but speculate. Spinal fractures are very dangerous obviously. Anything in the cervical spine in particularly bad, with a C1/C2 fracture that affects the spinal cord can potentially be like hitting the off switch on someone's vital functions.

The idea is that someone could have a fracture that hasn't yet damaged the spinal cord could exacerbate their injury by performing a certain movement. There are all sorts of ambulance/ED urban legends about the guy someone cleared medically and then 3 days later turned his head and died instantly. I have no first hand knowledge of this happening though.

However there are a bunch of different spinal immobilization devices specifically for extricating people with suspected spinal injuries. The fact that the patient was wandering around means they had already put themselves through a significant range of movement post injury and getting someone in a sling so a helicopter could lift them seems like it would be more difficult then spinally immobilizing someone...

I am not from the same country as this dude but if I were this guy I would claim for damages regardless of what his lawyer says. Accompanied with an official complaint to the ambulance service, health/ambulance minister, and local relevant council representative. Government agencies/politicians hate bad publicity and will usually stall then settle before it goes to court in my experience. You might even get the money if the emegencies services were justified in what they did.

Edit - actually one conceivable explanation could be that the patient required aeromedical evacuation because local medical facilities weren't equipped to manage her injuries. Then it (sort of) makes sense to move her the minimal amount of times necessary. The area looks pretty rural on wikipedia and a very lazy googling doesnt turn up any major hospitals in the first 3 results I bothered to look at.

turntabler has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Feb 17, 2017

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

HA HA HA

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

bitterandtwisted posted:

I loving love this stoic British beat cop, just from this sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Almost since the day the first Dutch sailors glimpsed what F. Scott Fitzgerald famously described as "a fresh, green breast of the new world," New Yorkers have realized that the state in many ways actually has, well, two breasts: upstate and downstate. And for centuries, great thinkers have been contemplating its cleavage.