Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Welp. I win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
3/11: Penelo's SSB, Irvine's Pentabreak, and Quistis BSB!

Good haul, especially since I needed a medica for FFXII and had already moted up Quistis due to pulling Mighty Guard VIII.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I really need FF12 synergy (I have a couple items for Basch and that's it) so I pulled 3 FF8 items instead. However one of them was Zell BSB so no complaints! (One was cutting trigger, which is hilarious but is at least +10 attack for squall).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

5/11: Sorceress Gown, Bismarck, Cardinal (4th one), Zeus Mace, Zeus Mace.

I'm actually considering just turning Penelo into my mage team support now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
2/11. Red Scorpion and Crescent Wish. Which would be good relics... if they weren't already dupes. Oh well, reforged the latter into a Crescent Wish+++. 126 MAG and 147 MND is a pretty decent stat stick.

I'd consider pulling on Fujin 2 but both of those are relics are already on there. Shame, I really wanted any of Quistis' three other relics.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It turns out Laguna's Machine Gun actually has a sweet as hell custom attack animation when you attack with it. It uses the default gun sprite, but you get machine gun SFX and it sprays bullet casings everywhere. I've never seen it despite owning it for a long time because I've never used a skill with a standard attack animation on Laguna before :sweatdrop:

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

U-DO Burger posted:

1/11, Irvine's SSB. I'm impressed with how consistent my poo poo luck is on Lucky Draws

Coming up to the G5 change last year, I think I whiffed on half a dozen lucky/nightmare draws in a row. I nearly stopped playing.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Crescent Wish and Cloud Staff.

Already have Penelo bsb, but this can relegate her to a support spot for CM's, and a native hastega/medica on a Wrathing White mage is good. Crescent Wish is a medica for VIII, a thing I didn't have so no complaints :v

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Is the boost from Laguna's Sirius shout-equivalent? It's almost a shame I have shout instead of OK BSB, since in the last month I've pulled attack ups for him, Sazh, and Quina from various dollar pulls and lucky draws.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Sega 32X posted:

Is the boost from Laguna's Sirius shout-equivalent? It's almost a shame I have shout instead of OK BSB, since in the last month I've pulled attack ups for him, Sazh, and Quina from various dollar pulls and lucky draws.

Yep, Laguna's SSB is +50% ATK to the party.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Laguna's Machine Gun and Irvine's Bismarck. Both look kind of underwhelming.

But GIMME ALL YER GUNZ

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
2/11 on the Lucky Draw, OSB for Rinoa and my first OSB! Also Squalls SSB that doesn't look very impressive but should help with synergy on the next event.

At 105 mythril left, which is enough for the 1 draw on FF8 and FF7 events I was budgeting for. Now I just need to save up for the Anniversary stuff.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
drat. I guess my amazing ffiv draw will be haunting me. 1/11, I got larsa's ssb. It's a hastega so that's pretty cool, and it's a medica that doesn't overwrite shout like penelo's war dance which is also cool. But it's a non-bsb curaga level medica, of which I have a ton. Also I have fran's reverse wall though, so he won't be taking my support spot in that realm.

Still 5* white and support could be useful later on.

Edit:

U-DO Burger posted:

1/11, Irvine's SSB. I'm impressed with how consistent my poo poo luck is on Lucky Draws

Is that his hyper break? That's not a bad pull. It single handidly makes poo poo characters amazing. Irvine is now my support staple because of it, even though I have bsb + tailwind ramza and reverse wall + attack/mag boostga gordon.

Like, people in multiplayer loving love stacking hyper break. It helps so much, and you have no idea how hilarious it is to get people incredible'ing irvine of all loving characters.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 15, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i finally got a healing burst!

only it doesn't heal!

:negative:

actually it'll probably be occasionally useful for that MND/MAG buff. but strange vision is an odd one.

Beasteh posted:

Cardinal

oh yeah and one of those too

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

2/11, Beast Killer and Defender. These are, uh, pretty poo poo.

Can't even get excited about a hastega for CMs because I already had Edea's. Not even useful for its stats since the only mage in VIII who can use it is the one I have no decent SBs for.

I needed a stat stick for XII at least. Reallllly hoping this lovely pull streak ends before the anniversary banners hit.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

1/11, Cloud Staff.

Can't complain, it's a hastega and medica and I need more of both.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm starting to flood out with items, and I was wondering what the best way to pare poo poo down was. Everything I have is 3* or over, but I'm starting to get more and more 4* and higher stuff. Is it worth trying to combine a lot of the 3* stuff to make it better and have more realm coverage, or just start selling poo poo and only keeping the 4* + stuff?

Should I be buying more inventory space?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

3/11, Squall's OSB (cool, don't really ever use Squall and I have a lot of physical OSBs now but hey whatever), Jupiter's Staff, and Baltier's SSB.

I'll never complain about an OSB but this is one I really don't see getting a lot of use out of unless the boss is weak to ice.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

2/11, dupe Squall BSB, dupe Vaan SSB.

The gacha has been absolutely crushing me lately. It's very unfortunate.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I finally decided to go after Ifrit after all these months.

My goodness Squall and Rinoa tore him apart. Sadly I do not have a good medica for VIII(just a shared one), so doing the CM is probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 15, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ugh. 1/11. And it's a Bismarck. Which I already have.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm starting to flood out with items, and I was wondering what the best way to pare poo poo down was. Everything I have is 3* or over, but I'm starting to get more and more 4* and higher stuff. Is it worth trying to combine a lot of the 3* stuff to make it better and have more realm coverage, or just start selling poo poo and only keeping the 4* + stuff?

Should I be buying more inventory space?

Are you using the vault? If that's filling up too, it's definitely worth tossing a mythril or two at it - you get 50 extra vault spaces per, as opposed to 5 regular inventory slots (don't spend mythril on regular slots).

At a certain point, it's really not worth keeping 3* stuff around, except for a few of the ones that offer elemental damage bonuses and stuff, since those can still be handy when upgraded and under synergy.

I'm at the point now where I don't even bother combining 90% of the 4* stuff I get - once I've got enough natural 5* physical weapons to equip 4 people with synergy bonuses in a given realm, 3 and 4* physical weapons are basically useless for that realm, aside from weird edge cases if a character you use a lot has strict weapon type limitations or something. Same for magic gear and armor, though it will probably take you a pretty long time before you have enough 5* armor to start tossing 3 and 4* ones.

Basically, once I've got 4 physical weapons, 4 magic weapons, and 1 mind weapon for a realm, I am essentially "done" with it, since I can run a physical team, mage team, or hybrid team with full synergy, and at that point I pretty much mulch any 3 or 4* weapons for that realm, because none of them are ever going to be competitive stat-wise, no matter how many times you combine them.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

In a vacuum this is a pretty good pull, considering I didn't have Ark Blast yet. But it's still hilarious how I got two of them along with one of the less useful relics and the expected joke item of the banner. I immediately combined the daggers and Rosetta'd them up to 19/20, so it should be useful for shoring up weaker synergies. My FF12 stuff is not hurting much.

It'll be hard to master Ark Blast quickly next Sunday, but the combined daggers should make it a little easier. I was just hoping I could keep Fujin and Raijin working together to get them both to 65 but I guess I can always burn some extra eggs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Rinoa's Shooting Star and Orichalcum Dirk(dupe). Pretty blah, but I don't mind a blah draw on this banner.

I really wish I would get stronger mage relics that aren't thrown.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
2/11. Squall's OSB and Fran's Imperil Lightning SSB.

Glad to get a new OSB, but unfortunately I don't have Squall's En-Ice SB or Laguna's Imperil Ice. On the other hand, I do have some +Ice armor from FF II, so that'll help out.

Pretty happy about getting Fran's Imperil Lightning, since that'll pair nicely with Reno's BSB I got from the Torment Lucky Draw. :science:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
2/11, Penelo and Selphie's BSBs. Really wanted Ashe's BSB but uh yeah I will certainly take that.

I went from no healer bursts to 4 healer bursts this year, it's a little ridiculous.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Beasteh posted:

Cardinal/11, god bless

I did it, I jinxed myself

3/11, Cardinal, Ashe's Defiance x2

Another burst for XII is always welcome and I have +40% lightning from gear so :toot: for an ever stronger mage meta I guess

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Jupiter staff/11. I really just wanted something for synergy...

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Consistent bad luck in luckies. I willingly trade this for good luck on TGCid and Anniversaries. Debating about a pull on 8 still... I should have enough mythril left for anniversary if I just make one pull.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

gently caress Ifrit I can't even A-team him jesus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I want to draw but I don't know what I'd really be chasing. My general apathy for draws lately is concerning given the general motto of Always Be Drawing.

Squall OSB would complete my Squall set, I guess? I don't have Orichalcum Dirk yet- does that still hold up? What's everyone else after here?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Vaan's BSB owns and I'd strongly urge pulling on every single banner it appears on (it never recurs on XII banners to this day in JP so fests/luckies are your only shot)

The other big ticket items are the OSBs, Zell/Quistis/Ashe BSBs, Irvine's hyper break, Selphie's dreamstage (and BSB I guess but it's not a heal) and Penelo's stuff.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

2/11: Edea's Sorceress Gown and Zell's Crystal Glove.

Could've gotten better, could've gotten dupes for Bismark & Crescent Wish.

Thankfully, Zell's Combat King SSB is to his Burst what Ramza's Tailwind is to Shout (A good SB simply overshadowed by an Awesome one) and with Edea's Dark Imperil I can just pull a "Devotion + Memento Mori + RW!Metamorphose" Combo on anything lacking Dark Resistance along with my native set of Stackable Magic Buffs.

Now I have to decide which Vayne Banner I should try pulling and risk getting only defensive gear...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

2/11. Squall's OSB and Fran's Imperil Lightning SSB.

Glad to get a new OSB, but unfortunately I don't have Squall's En-Ice SB or Laguna's Imperil Ice. On the other hand, I do have some +Ice armor from FF II, so that'll help out.

Pretty happy about getting Fran's Imperil Lightning, since that'll pair nicely with Reno's BSB I got from the Torment Lucky Draw. :science:
FFII has ice armor? What rarity is it?

Squall's En-Ice should be on the next Keeper's Choice, though he later gets a BSB alternative

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Traitor's Bow and Ashe's burst :woop:

Also no crap for Quistis and Edea justifies me for going all in on their banner on Sunday.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Sesq posted:

Traitor's Bow and Ashe's burst :woop:

Also no crap for Quistis and Edea justifies me for going all in on their banner on Sunday.

Congrats on the Tag Team.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

1/11 Zell s BSB. I'm good with that.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
1/11 cutting trigger turd. also 10 items that went straight into the garbage

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
My first OSB with Rinoa's Twin Viper and Aldebaran for Balthier! Honestly, I can't complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just downloaded this and I want to keep playing, but it keeps crashing on me, anyone have any idea why? When it does crash it's always before or after battles. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by the way.

• Locked thread