Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hahaha! Found a manual of Maces & Flails on clvl 11 OgBe. I will play an ogre right despite the devs best efforts!

EDIT: ...and dead to a three floor shaft.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Mu. posted:

I try not to play Tabmasters.

Maybe hold off on condemning them as the worst race, then.

They're not as mindless as similar level minotaurs/gargoyles/hill orcs, though. As you noted their escape options are generally pretty bad so if you just blindly charge into fights then you're going to die horribly when something really big and scary comes into view and you're hip deep in chaff.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hello Mu, that was the best post in Crawl thread and that includes me melting down over how long Pan takes every 50 pages

My suggestion to you is to download trunk and play as the frog race. They are terrible, they have bad stats, and they have a lovely blink. They are poo poo and I loving hate them, and they replaced High Elves who are not poo poo or bad.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Why do potions of blood disappear? You should be able to preserve that poo poo. Man vampires are annoying.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

Hello Mu, that was the best post in Crawl thread and that includes me melting down over how long Pan takes every 50 pages

My suggestion to you is to download trunk and play as the frog race. They are terrible, they have bad stats, and they have a lovely blink. They are poo poo and I loving hate them, and they replaced High Elves who are not poo poo or bad.

I'm actually kind of amazed at how disappointed I am in frogs. I feel like they were assembled based on less-used niches rather than fun mechanics.

Like does anyone actually enjoy them more because they have low stats?

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
So I went into a game ONLY to see Ignition. It was never taken real seriously, it was just a Tengu Fire Elementalist of Vehumet. So, I'm not very busy trying to win.

76594 | Vaults:5 | Identified the +14 crystal plate armour "Qaxet" {rF+} (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
81456 | D:8 | Became a worshipper of Cheibriados the Contemplative
89968 | Crypt:3 | Was forgiven by Vehumet (thanks, amulet of faith)
92370 | D:5 | Bought the +0 pair of fencer's gloves {+Riposte Dex+3} for 1360 gold pieces
92644 | D:4 | Bought the +10 large shield of Ignorance {rN+ Int-4} for 744 gold pieces

Not noted is me simply brute-forcing Snake Pit 4 without rPoison. It went about as well as you might expect with 0 * of Chei piety, Vehumet wrath.. but hell it was fun.

Currently: +9 ice dragon scales, shield of resistance. Early on, I could still cast Ignition and Orb of Destruction - I probably have my unusual luck with randart statsticks to thank for that - they were actually useful outside of boosting. My demon trident, in particular, is actually just as good as a staff of wizardry for my miscast chances. Also have steam dragon scales to thank for that transition, enchanted to +5 I found myself taking considerably less damage than a +5 randart rpois/sinv leather armor, highly recommend that or swamp dragon scales if you need a little extra sturdiness but not a lot (stone giants still loving hurt of course) since you're murdering most from afar. As a Tengu I've been able to Demon Trident poke the yellow/grey danger remnants left after a magical murder spree. Staying as Vehumet would have been highly advised, but goons advised me to be Fun. For comparison's sake, before switching gods Firestorm was rapidly dropping from ~50% failure rate, I think it approached ~17% near the very end?

pre:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20-a0-641-g673355a (webtiles) character file.

LordSloth the Ruinous (Tengu Fire Elementalist)    Turns: 92720, Time: 07:22:55

Health: 158/158    AC: 34    Str: 32    XL:     26   Next: 20%
Magic:  63/63      EV: 17    Int: 48    God:    Cheibriados [*****.]
Gold:   1064       SH: 19    Dex: 33    Spells: 2/59 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis .   a - +9 demon trident of the Hawk {drain, Str+5 Int+4}
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   s - +14 crystal plate armour "Qaxet" {rF+}
rNeg     . . .     Faith    .   P - +2 shield of Resistance {rF+ rC+ MR+}
rPois    .         Spirit   .   n - +2 hat
rElec    .         Reflect  .   W - scarf {rC+ rF+}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   q - +0 pair of fencer's gloves {+Riposte Dex+3}
MR       ++...                  (boots unavailable)
Stlth    ..........             X - amulet of Idwog {RegenMP rC+ MP+9}
Regen    0.4/turn               t - ring "Ydwoaw" {rC+ Str+4 Int+4 Dex+3}
MPRegen  0.6/turn               g - ring "Tiupal" {rC+ MP+9 Int+3}

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
b - Bolt of Fire          Conj/Fire      ########..   1%          6    None
f - Fireball              Conj/Fire      ########..   1%          5    None
i - Ignition              Fire           ########..   21%         8    ##.....
j - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ########..   2%          7    None
k - Force Lance           Conj/Tloc      ########     1%          4    None
l - Chain Lightning       Conj/Air       ########..   63%         8    ##.....
q - Ring of Flames        Chrm/Fire      ########..   21%         7    None
r - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #######...   2%          3    None
F - Fire Storm            Conj/Fire      ########..   99%         9    ####...
Full CPA dump: http://pastebin.com/5Cs31fFK
Full IDS dump: http://pastebin.com/azSYuKP1
Not smart enough to seperately save a dump pre-god switch summary: I was lucky with stat randarts some of which were just as good as wizardry, whereas I didn't find actual wizardry rings, so it should be viable for others - though Deep Elves aren't really suited strength/apt wise. Speaking to a random Discord comment about casting in plate: It's true, it's possible! Even without Chei or Vehumet! That person's gargoyle had a crazy strength of near 40, but about 12 int. So they'd probably only be able to get Stone Arrow online moderately easily, and Iron Shot with some real effort. Of course, dragon armors are a lot more practical, since many of them are less encumbering than chainmail.

YOU TOO CAN DO SOMETHING STUPID TODAY! Vehumet's wrath is only random castings of Firestorm and Lehudib's Crystal Spear,* nothing to be concerned about, and surely he won't act at the worst possible moment!
*Your wrath may vary, wrath may be held to terms and conditions of experience level, people afraid of traveling slowly need not apply to Cheibriados today

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Neat trick: drop conjure flame in front of yourself and use lesser beckoning to pull enemy into it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Carcer posted:

They're not as mindless as similar level minotaurs/gargoyles/hill orcs, though. As you noted their escape options are generally pretty bad so if you just blindly charge into fights then you're going to die horribly when something really big and scary comes into view and you're hip deep in chaff.

I think a couple of people may have misinterpreted the tone of Mu's post. You weren't supposed to take it that seriously. And it was a Good Post too.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I don't know what it is with floor god that keeps turning my "hybrid" attempts into blaster casters, but I had shatter castable with brilliance by the time I hit Vaults so I guess I'm a beefy blaster caster now.

code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20-a0-642-g4ff03ff (webtiles) character file.

bananaken the Metallomancer (DgEE)                 Turns: 83568, Time: 08:06:01

Health: 218/218    AC: 38    Str: 17    XL:     25   Next: 72%
Magic:  43/43      EV: 18    Int: 53    God:    
Gold:   2000       SH:  9    Dex: 21    Spells: 0/46 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis .   a - +9 demon whip (flame)
rCold    + . .     Gourm    .   V - +8 fire dragon scales
rNeg     + . .     Faith    .   P - +3 warlock's mirror {reflect}
rPois    +         Spirit   .   e - +2 helmet {Int+3}
rElec    .         Reflect  +   W - +2 cloak of Hide-and-Seek {rPois Int+5}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   C - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
MR       +++++                  q - +2 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    +++.......             J - amulet "Edeziuze" {+Rage rC++ Str+2 Int+5}
Regen    0.5/turn               b - ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               k - ring of Emuthrodghiqe {rN+ MR+ Str-5 Int+8 Dex+5}

@: quick
A: talons 1, blink, high mp 1, shaggy fur 1, wild magic 1
}: 3/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, silver
a: Blink, Evoke Berserk Rage

a - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ########..   1%          7    ###....
b - Stone Arrow           Conj/Erth      ######       1%          3    None
c - Passwall              Tmut/Erth      ########..   1%          2    None
d - Petrify               Tmut/Erth      ########     1%          4    None
e - Lee's Rapid Deconstr  Erth           ########..   1%          5    None
f - Iron Shot             Conj/Erth      ########..   1%          6    None
g - Sublimation of Blood  Necr           #######...   1%          2    None
h - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #######...   1%          3    None
i - Shatter               Erth           ########..   10%         9    ######.
j - Silence               Hex/Air        #######...   3%          5    None
Not sure if I could do better about weapon choice, I think I'm committed at this point to it but I could use a brand scroll on it and hope I get something better for Zot?

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

apple posted:

I don't know what it is with floor god that keeps turning my "hybrid" attempts into blaster casters, but I had shatter castable with brilliance by the time I hit Vaults so I guess I'm a beefy blaster caster now.

code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20-a0-642-g4ff03ff (webtiles) character file.

bananaken the Metallomancer (DgEE)                 Turns: 83568, Time: 08:06:01

Health: 218/218    AC: 38    Str: 17    XL:     25   Next: 72%
Magic:  43/43      EV: 18    Int: 53    God:    
Gold:   2000       SH:  9    Dex: 21    Spells: 0/46 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis .   a - +9 demon whip (flame)
MR       +++++                  q - +2 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    +++.......             J - amulet "Edeziuze" {+Rage rC++ Str+2 Int+5}
Regen    0.5/turn               b - ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               k - ring of Emuthrodghiqe {rN+ MR+ Str-5 Int+8 Dex+5}

a - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ########..   1%          7    ###....
b - Stone Arrow           Conj/Erth      ######       1%          3    None
c - Passwall              Tmut/Erth      ########..   1%          2    None
d - Petrify               Tmut/Erth      ########     1%          4    None
e - Lee's Rapid Deconstr  Erth           ########..   1%          5    None
f - Iron Shot             Conj/Erth      ########..   1%          6    None
g - Sublimation of Blood  Necr           #######...   1%          2    None
h - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #######...   1%          3    None
i - Shatter               Erth           ########..   10%         9    ######.
j - Silence               Hex/Air        #######...   3%          5    None
Not sure if I could do better about weapon choice, I think I'm committed at this point to it but I could use a brand scroll on it and hope I get something better for Zot?

Those are some balling caster artefacts you've come across. I'm currently trying to get a Mummy of Gozag up and running again and I'd kill for some of that stuff.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Around what level do demonspawn generally pick up their tier 3 mutation? I'm worried that I might have missed mine since I'm level 15 and have got Mutation Resistance early on.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Around what level do demonspawn generally pick up their tier 3 mutation? I'm worried that I might have missed mine since I'm level 15 and have got Mutation Resistance early on.

It's pretty random. It can't be blocked by mutation resistance though.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
You can't rMut out of a DS mutation. RNG can gently caress you till late game though. You will get a 'mutation' a total of 15 (18 for monstrous) times for the complete set, so most games you will have 12 levels with no mutations. You will get all them at 27 though.

I don't play as many DS as others do, but I normally don't pick up my first tier 3 till about 18 or so.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Cool, thanks.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

I think a couple of people may have misinterpreted the tone of Mu's post. You weren't supposed to take it that seriously. And it was a Good Post too.

I reserve my right to misinterpret things on the internet and make an rear end out of myself.

Its also important to note you can never lose Ds mutations, they're as permanent as any other races innate mutations.

Can Ds mutations be boosted by random mutations? Can you get a level of, say, black scales from Ds mutation and then get one from a purple chunk?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Yes, but you can't get conflicting mutations, e.g. if you already have Black Scales 1 as your DS mutation, you can only get Black Scale upgrades as your scales mutations from random mutation (because you can only have a max of three ranks in all your scales combined.)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mu why did I have to shoot TSO's dog

apple
May 18, 2003

Tried splatting my DgEE in a Zig but I changed my mind and finished with 3 runes:

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/bananaken/morgue-bananaken-20170214-192144.txt

code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20-a0-645-g0ac6e19 (webtiles) character file.

1636557 bananaken the Metallomancer (level 27, 246/246 HPs)
             Began as a Demigod Earth Elementalist on Feb 13, 2017.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Feb 14, 2017!

The game lasted 09:24:27 (93141 turns).

bananaken the Metallomancer (DgEE)                 Turns: 93141, Time: 09:24:28

Health: 246/246    AC: 40    Str: 22    XL:     27
Magic:  45/45      EV: 22    Int: 45    God:    
Gold:   2574       SH:  8    Dex: 18    Spells: 5/51 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis +   b - staff of earth
MR       ++++.                  q - +2 pair of boots {run}
Stlth    +.........             J - amulet "Edeziuze" {+Rage rC++ Str+2 Int+5}
Regen    0.6/turn               N - ring of Jele Luh {rPois rN+ SInv}
MPRegen  0.3/turn               Z - ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}

0: Orb of Zot
If I had better planning on my skills and items I could probably easily do 15 runes but I wasn't comfortable going into extended with just shatter and a mediocre weapon for killing things. First demigod victory though :toot: they're pretty fun and force you to find alternatives to god abilities.

I didn't get malmutated a single time, quite lucky even as a blasty caster since I was in line of sight of neqoxecs and OOFs multiple times.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Rename frogs to hopgoblins and give other races cool rando mutations like Ds and Dr.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
RENAME VAMPIRES TO poo poo POOP FART FACES

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Why are Dogberts a race.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Decrepus posted:

Why are Dogberts a race.

Idk they kinda suck tho. All of the new races suck aside from vine stalker.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I need you to wear this scarf Dogbert

Its dungeon policy

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Pacra posted:

The two new gods Uskayaw and Hepliaklqana sound like a blast.

I have a rather odd request - could anyone talk about their trip reports/game stories, esp with the above two gods? It's been two years since I've played but I'm -still- a bit burnt out on crawl, would rather live through games vicariously.

I ascended a 4 rune TrFi^Uska the other day almost entirely on the back of their paralysis reward at 3 stars. The ultimate example follows:

Clear Zot 5, the OoFs gave me magic related malmuts and shouting 2, so I won the lottery. Grab the Orb, strut through two guardians on my way out of the lungs. Instant I step out, some fiends, OoFs, a pan lord, and two moths of wrath spawn and Hammer the gently caress out of me as I quaff heal wounds and crawl up the stairs.

The panlord, their summoned shining eye, an OoF, and the moths follow me, eye paralyzes me, moth berserks me. I'm at 50 HP. Chat is hooting and hollering. One turn of getting beaten up. Two turns. Three. Paralysis wears off on the fourth, I'm at two stars of faith from the combat. Punch the eye, three stars, everything freezes. One-shot everything else before berserk wears off, sit on an up stair, regen awhile, proceed to win.

Also fought the swamp 4 end vault at its entrance, maxed faith, and then used Grand Finale to one shot the Lemaean Hydra aka Ultimate Trollbane :hellyeah:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Carcer posted:

unless u have vamp axe(and oka)

then u slam your face into the tab key until u win in 00:37:04

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Mu. posted:

I think that playing formicids will actually make you a better player overall, or at least a more cautious one, because having to rely on really inconsistent escape measures makes you approach every situation like a paranoid loon. The only species that I have a lower winrate with is mummies (Fo 3.7%, Mu 2.9%). This species is too hard. The devs don't know what they're doing.

Morgues: VSAM, FoEE, MfIE.

~

In all seriousness I am once more hooked on Crawl and even though it is a very different game now than it was Back In My Day I think the vast majority of the changes are positive.

Bonus points for wielding a slice of pizza, yet leaving the dungeon while hungry

EDIT: haha, reading through these things cracks me up:

6775 | D:5 | XOM: confusion
6778 | D:5 | pls xom no

It gets better:

52349 | Depths:1 | XOM: polymorph red very ugly thing -> golden dragon
52350 | Depths:1 | xom please
52361 | Depths:1 | Killed a golden dragon
52368 | Depths:1 | XOM: confuse monster(s)
52390 | Depths:1 | XOM: noise
52635 | Depths:2 | whaaaaaat
52658 | Depths:1 | XOM: potion effect (agility)
52759 | Depths:2 | XOM: potion effect (curing)
52768 | Depths:1 | XOM: medium Fire miscast
53027 | Depths:2 | XOM: harmless Summ miscast
53045 | Depths:2 | XOM: confuse monster(s)
53065 | Depths:2 | XOM: swap monsters
53066 | Depths:2 | XOMMMM
53070 | Depths:2 | XOM: 1-stop teleportation journey
53071 | Depths:2 | PLEASE

Kaedric fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 14, 2017

dpeg
Jul 18, 2008
As far as I see it, you should never go to SA to look out for useful feedback or even interesting ideas; I certainly don't

Mu. posted:

I haven't played Crawl in about 5 years, but I picked it up again recently.
Hey! You're not forgotten. Welcome back :) Hope you enjoy your stay...

quote:

Formicid: I do not think I have been more frustrated in this game than when I played a formicid. I believe they are the worst species in the game. ... Eventually I realised that my mistake was trying to build hybrids while worshiping these extremely bad new Gods, when the truth of course is to lean on your earth aptitude as a pure spellcaster and worship Sif Muna, the best god in the game. ... This species is too hard. The devs don't know what they're doing.
Absolutely! But did they ever know??

I love Fo but I'm a sucker for despair. An excellent addition, in my opinion. I'm sure by "worst" you mean power, not design. :)

Vs is also pretty cool to play, in my opinion. Currently running one of SteelNeuron's new Council God with one rune, trying to convince people to add it to trunk.

quote:

In all seriousness I am once more hooked on Crawl and even though it is a very different game now than it was Back In My Day I think the vast majority of the changes are positive.
This is all nice and dandy, but SA etiquette demands that you at least notionally complain about removal of either "rMut or HE or Singularity (a spell you've never seen).

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Council God is indeed cool as hell and deserves to be in trunk

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
So I didn't realise it because the wiki hadn't been updated, but weapon weightings are gone (since .18), and dex and str are now the sole stat deciders of accuracy and damage? Just checked the learndb and:

Damage =
Approximately: 1d(base*strength_bonus)*skill_bonus + random2(to_dam + slaying + 1) + various bonuses. Weapon {brand} is applied after monster AC reduction.
Strength bonus is usually < 1.5 (see str), skill bonus (both from weapon and Fighting skills) is randomized, averaging about 2.0 at max skill
Damage bonuses include +1d10 for might and -1d5 when Starving.

To Hit =
mhit is random2(15+dex/2 + random2(fighting+1) + random2(weapon skill +1) + weapon enchantment + weapon base accuracy + slaying - 3 if starving - 1d(aevp) – 1d(asp) -5 if vertigo + 2*(eyes mut + 0.5) -6 vs invisible targets )

So for anyone going a heavy slow weapon with low accuracy it's much better to get dex, and if you're using light weapons strength will help more? And all my battle axe wielding strength characters were gimping themselves? It would be nice if this were explained more in the game somewhere.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Remove frogs (boring) add dogs (better) and council god (great)

Crawl .20: new god, frog, dog

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Make the Council god only worshipable by Barachians and Cynos.
Crawl .20: Home of the Frog Dog God.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

dpeg posted:

This is all nice and dandy, but SA etiquette demands that you at least notionally complain about removal of either "rMut or HE or Singularity (a spell you've never seen).

Re-implement Singularity, and balance it by making it Hexes/Translocations and perhaps giving it Dragon's Call-style MP drain/cooldown. That'll incidentally make the changes to the conjurer book more palatable.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Goffer posted:

So for anyone going a heavy slow weapon with low accuracy it's much better to get dex, and if you're using light weapons strength will help more? And all my battle axe wielding strength characters were gimping themselves? It would be nice if this were explained more in the game somewhere.
No. You should basically not be thinking about stats in terms of "better or worse" for weapons, and you shouldn't care about accuracy at all. Take stats for primarily for spell use if you're using spells, otherwise Str is for using heavier armor, Dex is for EV. Str's affect on weapons matters more than Dex's does but I have been of the opinion that Str is often better than dex on pure melee guys for a while in general.

If anything Str is better on dudes with bigger weapons IMO, but that's largely because bigger weapons are better in general.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 15, 2017

apple
May 18, 2003

Ferrinus posted:

Re-implement Singularity, and balance it by making it Hexes/Translocations and perhaps giving it Dragon's Call-style MP drain/cooldown. That'll incidentally make the changes to the conjurer book more palatable.

Speaking of the conjurer book it's hilarious that battlesphere ended up in the book of power instead; it's already the best book you can find for blasty casters (Annihilations doesn't count since it's unnecessary/overkill for 3 runes) and now you get battlesphere on top of that which is great but it makes an already incredible book.. even better? It means a early find of book of power provides you with battlesphere to upgrade your magic dart and on top of that you have the rest of your nukes laid out for you for the rest of the game.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

apple posted:

Speaking of the conjurer book it's hilarious that battlesphere ended up in the book of power instead; it's already the best book you can find for blasty casters (Annihilations doesn't count since it's unnecessary/overkill for 3 runes) and now you get battlesphere on top of that which is great but it makes an already incredible book.. even better? It means a early find of book of power provides you with battlesphere to upgrade your magic dart and on top of that you have the rest of your nukes laid out for you for the rest of the game.

Also it means that Conjurer is now a dumb, bad start, instead of a reasonable alternative to FE for blasty casters.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey devs, do you think you could make the dancing weapon sprite a little more distinct? Once the corpses start piling up, it's hard to pick out the little red music note from the bloodstains on the other tiles containing weapons.

apple
May 18, 2003

LogicNinja posted:

Also it means that Conjurer is now a dumb, bad start, instead of a reasonable alternative to FE for blasty casters.

I can understand if there were a suitable replacement for battlesphere but prism is very fiddly and tedious to use properly, makes a ton of noise and force lance just doesn't work well as a replacement. It definitely stings to not have a MP efficient way of dishing out guaranteed hits and they should fill that void better somehow (maybe by just bringing back battlesphere).

e: Also force lance + prism as synergy is kinda suspect IMO, if your combo relies on force lance knocking something into a prism you're wasting 8 MP if you miss with force lance...

apple fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 15, 2017

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Force Lance is best for slamming Emperor Scorpions and other midgame melee threats into walls repeatedly while they can't touch you.

Like getting revenge on a bully, it feels good to draw it out.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Still not sure why frogs don't have innate apportation via tongues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dpeg posted:

re-implement singularity, but instead it sucks up malmutations instead, and also HEs are there too for some reason????

• Locked thread