Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

I'd watch it because regardless of outcome there is a near 100% chance that a very wealthy egotist would get embarrassed and although I try and be a humble, decent man I still really want to see that because I am a flawed human being. I wish it was because I'm a life-long combat sports fan but it isn't.

It's a situation where both guys will come out much richer and the loser will suffer no career repercussions at all because he's not even a boxer. It's also stupid and pointless and bad for both sports.

Strongly dislike on all levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
loving seriously?

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831653801027260416

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

how did they used to do it? fight pass seems like the best way to quickly access all of the ufc fights to be honest. though i hope fighters and coaches arent paying for it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

how did they used to do it? fight pass seems like the best way to quickly access all of the ufc fights to be honest. though i hope fighters and coaches arent paying for it

they would send the coaches a zip file with copies of the videos

he elaborates in response to his tweet, he has to pay for his own fight pass sub it sounds like

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I.N.R.I posted:

he said that camps used to get links to tape they could download but now they'll have to pay for fight pass because it's not free for coaches or fighters lmao

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

I.N.R.I posted:

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831653999296122880

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831654577061572608

https://twitter.com/SixGunGibson/status/831654845941551107

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
they got like, 400 fighters? at a tenner a month that's a cool 4k going walking every month you can have for the low low cost of mildly disgruntling every fighter under contract to you

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

big money big clit posted:

It's a situation where both guys will come out much richer and the loser will suffer no career repercussions at all because he's not even a boxer. It's also stupid and pointless and bad for both sports.

Strongly dislike on all levels.

Yeah there is not much schadenfreude to be had there except the one in a million chance Floyd loses embarrassingly

I think people who were expecting a fun fight would be disappointed, people who expected Floyd to clown on him and look great would be disappointed, people who thought Conor would do surprisingly well would be disappointed, and it would be stupid for everyone except the guys making money off it i guess

Also i still dont think itll happen and its stupid, the way everyones talking about it like its actually gonna happen is unnerving

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should give them free access and listen to their suggestions on how to improve it with stuff like improved rewinding and maybe even an employee specific feature that lets u draw arrows on stuff like in those dan hardy videos. which should benefit everyone and make everyone happy including the ufc probably. they should also release a ps4 app since i want it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

they should give them free access and listen to their suggestions on how to improve it with stuff like improved rewinding and maybe even an employee specific feature that lets u draw arrows on stuff like in those dan hardy videos. which should benefit everyone and make everyone happy including the ufc probably. they should also release a ps4 app since i want it

Yeah they really need to sort out a PS4 app

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

Also i still dont think itll happen and its stupid, the way everyones talking about it like its actually gonna happen is unnerving

i get it, and same, but the more i think about it the more it makes sense. conor will lose easily. conor has lost before. conor will make stupid money. conor's career in mma is in no way negatively effected. floyd gets his 50 in a match that makes the berto fight look dangerous and also makes a billion dollars. it makes sense.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

His defense is impeccable

lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's no slow mode

Wait I found it

No....hold on, this is just a mark hunt playlist

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Dad Dan Kelly vs Rashad is on the 209 card... when was this booked?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Make a separate thread for Conor/Floyd because it's loving dumb

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Dangersim posted:

Make a separate thread for conor/Floyd because it's loving dumb

Not the opinion I would have guessed you held

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Novum posted:

Not the opinion I would have guessed you held

it would make conor look ineffectual and stupid, of course he hates it.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
I imagine the UFC (WME-IMG) have to be a bit nervous. I'm sure Conor and Floyd want to do this without their involvement so they can have a larger share of the pie. If the UFC challenge this in court it'll tie up their mega-star and it's possible they could end up with the Ali act being extended to cover MMA.

But I honestly believe Floyd when he says he is retired. Unless he gets rolled by the tax man again I don't see him fighting.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What if the fight was against a non boxer that he'd easily beat with no risk to himself or his body.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Work Friend Keven posted:

What if the fight was against a non boxer that he'd easily beat with no risk to himself or his body.

He fought Berto. So you are probably right.

Nifft fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 15, 2017

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

it would make conor look ineffectual and stupid, of course he hates it.

No its just dumb

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

New topic: Fedor is absolutely one of the top 5 fighters of all time. Discuss

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dangersim posted:

dangersim confirmed as paid kremlin poster

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SquirrelGrip posted:

Dad Dan Kelly vs Rashad is on the 209 card... when was this booked?

It was officially announced today, but it's been talked about for a while. Dan Kelly's going to win.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
dangersim employing the same tactic as conor when it comes to title defences, change the subject

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

take that poo poo to the b-league thread

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Dumb question: if you are competing in boxing and then kick a dude in the head (which is explicitly against the rules and therefore not possible for your opponent to anticipate), is there a potential for criminal charges, or does the legal structure that lets consenting people kick each others' asses in the ring protect the kicker in this situation?

Generally speaking yes. The law still applies to sports like anything else and if something goes beyond the inherent aspects of the competition a person could be liable.

That been said commissions, tribunals and the like go to great lengths to keep it in house and outside of the courts.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i was worried about precedent when the worst poster in the thread made fun of the second worst poster in the thread and a new moderator took action

I appreciate you ranking me 3rd worst or better.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

It was officially announced today, but it's been talked about for a while. Dan Kelly's going to win.

yeah probably, but because rashad

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Why the heck is Rashad still fighting at all, let alone still fighting in the UFC?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

People have gone to jail for loving with the gloves in boxing

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LobsterMobster posted:

take that poo poo to the b-league thread

thank you

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Why the heck is Rashad still fighting at all, let alone still fighting in the UFC?

He KO'D chuck liddell

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

i get it, and same, but the more i think about it the more it makes sense. conor will lose easily. conor has lost before. conor will make stupid money. conor's career in mma is in no way negatively effected. floyd gets his 50 in a match that makes the berto fight look dangerous and also makes a billion dollars. it makes sense.

If Floyd cared about getting to 50 wins there are plenty over overmatched boxers he could have faught by now, and made 100 million doing it, so I'm not sure why he'd choose to cap off his legacy by fighting a guy from a different sport who just recently got beat up by Nick Diaz.

Plus UFC management will never sign off on any split that Floyd would be happy with.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 15, 2017

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Because he'll make more money fighting conor then he would fighting a random boxer, it's not complicated.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

If Floyd cared about getting to 50 wins there are plenty over overmatched boxers he could have faught by now, and made 100 million doing it, so I'm not sure why he'd choose to cap off his legacy by fighting a guy from a different sport who just recently got beat up by Nick Diaz.

Plus UFC management will never sign off on any split that Floyd would be happy with.

the money between him fighting conor and anyone else not named manny pacquiao or ggg isn't even on the same planet and the conor fight contains a near zero risk.

e: also, conor would settle for less than pacquiao for drat sure

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dangersim posted:

Because he'll make more money fighting conor then he would fighting a random boxer, it's not complicated.

If he cared about more money he'd have probably fought in the last year and a half.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Why are you arguing about a fight that isnt happening and that wont happen?

Barao and choi is apparently off as well as jj wtf ufc, make some cool fights already.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If he cared about more money he'd have probably fought in the last year and a half.

His last PPV didn't do as well as he hoped. This one would be an immense pile of money against what should be an easy opponent to get him to 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Why are you arguing about a fight that isnt happening and that wont happen?

we are inbetween 208 and another card that is worse on paper.

• Locked thread