Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont get high before i drive because im paranoid about getting pulled over and have the officer start smelling things through those big oink oink nostrils. if it werent for that it's probably the only drug i actually feel makes me a better (or at least safer) driver than when i am sober but not worth getting a dui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Poland Spring posted:

man boy howdy do i like weed hoo boy

wow

When i dab too much my mouth feels like your av

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

500 bad things posted:

man I'm the square in this thread, never get high before or at work, never get high before I drive.

I have two young children who are not old enough to be in school yet, so they're home with me all day. I don't smoke until after they go to bed. Unless I get a migraine, and then I have a tiny bit of CBD, but I also don't drive anywhere.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dmitri-9 posted:

What state lets you consume on premises?

I live in California and I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be doing it. Cops here have a hard-on now for doing the roadside nhtsa tests if they suspect any weed has been or is near your car.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Probation sucks.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
nvm

Aging Millenial fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 15, 2017

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
I need to poo poo but I'm really digging Michael Jackon's Bad at the moment. Hurry up Mike hurry man

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
When I was a younger lad I lived for the blunt ride. There is something very tranquil about burning and watching the scenery go by. The last time I got pulled over smoking in a car was while a friend was driving, the cop made it a point to say if he was "in a worse mood' he'd charge him with a DUI so it really put a damper on smoke rides for me. Smoking before driving however, is a national past-time, and is actually encouraged by AAA; so I'm not sure what you guys are on about.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gay Weed Dad posted:

When I was a younger lad I lived for the blunt ride. There is something very tranquil about burning and watching the scenery go by. The last time I got pulled over smoking in a car was while a friend was driving, the cop made it a point to say if he was "in a worse mood' he'd charge him with a DUI so it really put a damper on smoke rides for me. Smoking before driving however, is a national past-time, and is actually encouraged by AAA; so I'm not sure what you guys are on about.

Mellows are getting harshed out here by these cops bro.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I like to guess which minivan has a xannied out driver as I hit my three footer that's hidden inside a life-size mannequin that I have buckled into my passenger seat in the carpool lane.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
there's nothing like cruising a j on a winding country road

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Vermont has some awesome winding-through-mountain-forests roads that are amazing to smoke on. Unfortunately Vermont also has similar roads where you will get pulled over for doing 32 in a 30, and it's very hard to know which is which.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't like driving high because i become acutely aware that i am in control of many tons of aluminum and steel traveling at a high rate of speed and in less than a second i could kill somebody or do something to really ruin my or somebody else's day

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mozi posted:

i don't like driving high because i become acutely aware that i am in control of many tons of aluminum and steel traveling at a high rate of speed and in less than a second i could kill somebody or do something to really ruin my or somebody else's day

same except instead of self-awareness it makes me acutely aware of how many people drive like psychos with the ingrained assumption that other people will get out of their way in order to avoid being rear-ended in the right lane at 85MPH

one of the truest things my dad ever taught me is that driving is 5% watching what you're doing and 95% watching what everyone around you is doing, and always assume that if someone has an opportunity to do something douchey you'll have to react to, they're going to do it.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Aging Millenial posted:

So how often do you guys take a tolerance break and for how long?
For a while, I'd do something like 2 months on, 2 months off. I'll smoke nightly for several weeks, then go, "I should probably cut back," and take a break for a couple of months. I've been smoking pretty regularly since the election, though.

500 bad things posted:

man I'm the square in this thread, never get high before or at work, never get high before I drive.
Probably a good idea, but I'm guilty of smoking at work and driving (and since I'm a delivery driver, it's the same thing for me). I used to only do it after dark on nights when I had to work to midnight or later, but the people in my current city are horrendous drivers (it's a college town, so there's a combination of kids that have only been driving for a couple of years and people visiting from out of town that have no idea what they're doing or where they're going, that and the city has some of the worst street layouts/design I've ever seen) and I get bad road rage, so I take a hit if I feel like I'm getting too stressed. I have the benefit of being a white male, though.

I don't like driving high during daylight hours when there's a lot of other drivers around, though. But I do have the uncanny ability to always drive exactly the speed limit while high, even if I don't know what the limit is. I'll be going along, see a sign that says "Speed Limit 40 MPH", realize "Oh poo poo, I haven't been paying attention to my speed!" then look down and see that I'm driving exactly 40 MPH.

My only problem is every once in a while, I'll forget where I'm at when I'm driving. Like, I know I'm in a car driving, duh, but I lose track of what street I'm on, what part of town I'm in, a couple of times even forgot what city I was in. I don't panic, though, I just know if I keep going the way I'm going, I'll see something familiar that reminds me where I am and what I'm doing. (Also, I just realized there's another explanation for the inexplicable driving here)

Kelp Me! posted:

one of the truest things my dad ever taught me is that driving is 5% watching what you're doing and 95% watching what everyone around you is doing, and always assume that if someone has an opportunity to do something douchey you'll have to react to, they're going to do it.
Exactly. People here have a tendency to not plan their routes ahead of time at all, so there's lots of cars darting between lanes unexpectedly, and I'm getting pretty good at figuring out who's going to cut in front with no signal or whatever.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Got home early and I have a four day weekend. Current high status:

Floofed.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
My father in law has a shirt that looks like camouflage when you first see it, but then if you pay closer attention is a bunch of buds photoshopped together into a collage resembling camouflage. He does not smoke weed. I find this amusing.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SopWATh posted:

My father in law has a shirt that looks like camouflage when you first see it, but then if you pay closer attention is a bunch of buds photoshopped together into a collage resembling camouflage. He does not smoke weed. I find this amusing.
How sure are you that he isn't just an incredibly secret stoner

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPM85MCgqXo

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Gonna pick some stuff up on the way home. Anyone have any recommendations on daytime and nighttime strains?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

:cry:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

This is me literally every time I pick up

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oscar Wild posted:

Gonna pick some stuff up on the way home. Anyone have any recommendations on daytime and nighttime strains?
Night: Ray Charles
Day, if you want something mellow-but-not-sleep/couchlock: Booger (you will feel dumb asking for this or at least I did!!! But it's very good.)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Anyone else here like weed after a big day?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Tendai posted:

Night: Ray Charles
Day, if you want something mellow-but-not-sleep/couchlock: Booger (you will feel dumb asking for this or at least I did!!! But it's very good.)

Ended up getting some obama kush indica strain and some Allen wrench sativa, I also got a couple prerolls as a promotion. I've only had the obama, and it's great, sleeping easy and not drinking.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oscar Wild posted:

Ended up getting some obama kush indica strain and some Allen wrench sativa, I also got a couple prerolls as a promotion. I've only had the obama, and it's great, sleeping easy and not drinking.

Thanks, Obama :v:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Last night I found out what a Moonrock is

A nug of Girl Scout Cookie strain covered in hash oil and then rolled around generously in kief

Highly recommended for people with a high tolerance

jesus christ

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yesterday I saw a proper "weed junky" here in the legal wild west, a goony man stood outside of a dispensary in Seattle waving around an old USB adapter and saying "trade you this for a piece of weed... just a little piece of weed"

I extended the courtesy of not asking his username

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

yesterday I saw a proper "weed junky" here in the legal wild west, a goony man stood outside of a dispensary in Seattle waving around an old USB adapter and saying "trade you this for a piece of weed... just a little piece of weed"

I extended the courtesy of not asking his username

Little did you know that USB contained the secret to everlasting happiness, all you needed to do was show a bit of empathy and generosity.

Now you are doomed to misery for the rest of your days.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol at weed junky

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk if it was legal or not but the dispensary I was at in San Diego let me hit their dab rig ($3 a hit normally but they let me get a free one) right before I left

but honestly so what? You drink at a bar before leaving no one is going to stop you unless you're visibly too drunk to drive.

Kelp Me! posted:

same except instead of self-awareness it makes me acutely aware of how many people drive like psychos with the ingrained assumption that other people will get out of their way in order to avoid being rear-ended in the right lane at 85MPH

Yeah I always assume that if someone is able to do a dumbfuck thing they'll do it. I try to avoid any situation where I am relying on someone else to not do a dumbshit thing like change lanes right when you are turning right + crashing into you.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's good advice no matter if you are always high or never touched a weed in your life

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The other thing is, if somebody does crash into me I'd rather be sober to deal with it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mozi posted:

The other thing is, if somebody does crash into me I'd rather be sober to deal with it.

No you'd rather be drunk. Drunk folks do WAY better in crashes in terms of injury, like significantly better

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
First time I bought weed was at a medicinal dispensary and they had free samples of some edible. Me being naive to weed ate one and then went to my friend's kid's birthday party where I had an awesome buzz going and was hanging out playing with the kids and it was awesome. Didn't realize until afterwards that lol I was stoned (because I didn't expect it). So yeah I guess the first time I was high on weed was at a kid's birthday party. Now I sound like a weed junky.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

500 bad things posted:

First time I bought weed was at a medicinal dispensary and they had free samples of some edible. Me being naive to weed ate one and then went to my friend's kid's birthday party where I had an awesome buzz going and was hanging out playing with the kids and it was awesome. Didn't realize until afterwards that lol I was stoned (because I didn't expect it). So yeah I guess the first time I was high on weed was at a kid's birthday party. Now I sound like a weed junky.

Nah you sound like a fourteen year old who got high for the first time at a party except you were way older

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

purple death ray posted:

Nah you sound like a fourteen year old who got high for the first time at a party except you were way older

Yeah I guess it feels worse because the kids were like 3

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
First time I got high like a dumb 14 y/o I was 12.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Get the weed paranoia that the 3 year olds are smarter than you and telepathic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
First time high stories go!

Chillin with my foster family foster sis calls me and bro out into the back yard and offers us a hit off the joint. we're like poo poo why not 5 minutes later we're taking drags and "blowing fire" at each other laughing at the shapes the smoke made and then went inside where I proceeded to eat 3/4ths of a tray of corn bread getting lost in the texture of the cornbread breaking down on my tounge and repeating it until i realized how through of a beating I had put on the cornbread.