Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't see Pence escaping from this poo poo either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Stop white knighting Melania to make cheap shots at N4I; this isn't the eastern Russia spin thread and it's definitely not the personal drama thread.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
C'mon conway lets see your name on the list

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

She was a teenager that hosed old wrinkly balls trump

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

I hope it's just a bluff and it ends up being some kind of Batman-level poo poo that's like "I didn't know until you told me just now." Just for that extra schadenfreude.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

only one name is out so far, and -surprise- Paul Manafort

quote:

The officials said that one of the advisers picked up on the calls was Paul Manafort, who was Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman for several months last year and had worked as a political consultant in Russia and Ukraine. The officials declined to identify the other Trump associates on the calls.

The call logs and intercepted communications are part of a larger trove of information that the F.B.I. is sifting through as it investigates the links between Mr. Trump’s associates and the Russian government, as well as the D.N.C. hack, according to federal law enforcement officials. As part of its inquiry, the F.B.I. has obtained banking and travel records and conducted interviews, the officials said.

Mr. Manafort, who has not been charged with any crimes, dismissed the accounts of the American officials in a telephone interview on Tuesday. “This is absurd,” he said. “I have no idea what this is referring to. I have never knowingly spoken to Russian intelligence officers, and I have never been involved with anything to do with the Russian government or the Putin administration or any other issues under investigation today.”

Mr. Manafort added, “It’s not like these people wear badges that say, ‘I’m a Russian intelligence officer.’”

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

yo donnie why aren't you tweeting about how unfair this is

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

actually OBAMACARE

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

He's getting tired of autistically screeching "fake news" over and over again. God drat, like we have no poo poo Russian compromised people running our loving white house right now. gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-uhX0hCpY

#hillaryknew

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

like seriously look how collected and calm she was there and how he's flailing about, i just don't understand how you could look at those two and go 'yep, he's the one i want'

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
and she still lost somehow lol (please dont debate why etc. we all know by now)

man I hope the democrats shape up for 2018 and 2020 but its not looking too great atm but there's still time

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

actually OBAMACARE

No, actually my electoral vote count!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah i just can't understand how you see a dude go 'NO YOU ARE' to a really loving serious allegation and think that's the man you want in charge, but i'm a filthy uneducated foreigner so i'll bow out

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

and she still lost somehow lol (please dont debate why etc. we all know by now)

man I hope the democrats shape up for 2018 and 2020 but its not looking too great atm but there's still time

theres enough faces making an appearance now that its not looking as bad as it was

plus Sanders is sticking around and firing up the old people in the DNC, which is really making a difference in the local level stuff.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

also you've now got literal russian plants in the white house, if that doesn't slow the GOP down nothing ever will

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

theres enough faces making an appearance now that its not looking as bad as it was

plus Sanders is sticking around and firing up the old people in the DNC, which is really making a difference in the local level stuff.

there's really something to be said about professionals in their 40's and 50's coming out and getting politically active for the first time. we had a lawyer show up to our most recent meeting and offer to give legal advice. she said she couldn't sit on the sidelines and assume things would work out for the best any more.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So am I misreading things or did the New York Times publish a front page article accusing high-level members of the Trump election campaign of no-poo poo treason?

I know we joke a lot about nothing mattering, but where the gently caress do we go if the Times story is legit?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah but the leadership is still resisting any kind of push and the 'old guard' already has 80% of the DNC leadership votes needed for their guy and its not even the election yet

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/tom-perez-democratic-national-committee-votes-235016

He could go left, but I see him as a standard centrist so far.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

So am I misreading things or did the New York Times publish a front page article accusing high-level members of the Trump election campaign of no-poo poo treason?

I know we joke a lot about nothing mattering, but where the gently caress do we go if the Times story is legit?

Nope that's exactly where we're at now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEs9KUQ4qo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Our CIA right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBz1Q8iC_Ho

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey Putin. Useful idiot means a dupe who doesn't know what's up, not a literal idiot.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Zeroisanumber posted:

It has to be heard over the previously mentioned autistic screeching of "FAKE NEWS" first so

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Yeah but the leadership is still resisting any kind of push and the 'old guard' already has 80% of the DNC leadership votes needed for their guy and its not even the election yet

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/tom-perez-democratic-national-committee-votes-235016

He could go left, but I see him as a standard centrist so far.

IIRC Tom Perez was actually regarded as one of the more progressive members of Obama's cabinet, and was very well regarded by organized labor during his tenure as Labor secretary. He's really only centrist by comparison, and the fact that he's promoted by Obama and other establishment figures.

Edit: Frankly though I couldn't give less of a poo poo about the ideological standing of the DNC head. What I want is someone who's going to be able to effectively rebuild state and local parties, and coordinate with labor and progressive groups to mount an actual challenge to Republican legislative dominance.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

what the gently caress

quote:

Mr. Manafort, who has not been charged with any crimes, dismissed the officials’ accounts in a telephone interview on Tuesday. “This is absurd,” he said. “I have no idea what this is referring to. I have never knowingly spoken to Russian intelligence officers, and I have never been involved with anything to do with the Russian government or the Putin administration or any other issues under investigation today.”

He added, “It’s not like these people wear badges that say, ‘I’m a Russian intelligence officer.’”

This could be read as an admission of unknowing guilt.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Edit: Frankly though I couldn't give less of a poo poo about the ideological standing of the DNC head. What I want is someone who's going to be able to effectively rebuild state and local parties, and coordinate with labor and progressive groups to mount an actual challenge to Republican legislative dominance.

Yeah this. There's a restless energy out there and if someone could harness it...

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7rOUSvYM8

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Two Finger posted:

what the gently caress

This could be read as an admission of unknowing guilt.

That's kinda how I read it, too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://nypost.com/2017/02/12/trumps-white-house-eyes-potential-foes-in-2020-election/

Kinda surprised to see Chris Murphy on there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Manafort straight up worked for viktor yanukovych, didnt he?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

quote:

“Trump is obsessed with running for re-election.”
shocker

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
He's loving highly optimistic here on day 24 or whatever

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they're gonna have to drag him from the office

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Ryand-Smith posted:

I am not a rabid rah pro Israel type but I have to point out these things. Israel will need the Jordan valley because as we all know Israel is the size of Long Island New York and if they don't have radars on the top of Jordan valley they are effectively defenseless against any attack from their east.
:what:
You realize that they occupied the West Bank and the Sinai in the Six-Day War, right? And that the relative strength of the Israeli military is at least a couple of orders of magnitude greater today than it was then—and that's not even factoring in the virtually-assured likelihood of US assistance? And that every single state on their borders is a hush-hush ally of convenience and/or so wracked with internal turmoil that they hold zero capacity to realize any silly dreams of acquiring Israeli territory?

I'm genuinely curious where the sentiment of Israel being unable to defend itself without occupying the Jordan Valley is coming from. Not the thread for broader I/P discussion, but hopefully mention of basic military capacities isn't too far out there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

RIP my account, platinum and av

Its ok, if youre wrong and she isn't gone, you won't have to wait long for economic collapse and inflation. In that future re-regging will be cheaper than your canned-sunshine funeral.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they're gonna have to drag him from the office

You'd think they'd use a stretcher or gurney. :rip:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:stare:

https://twitter.com/mkady/status/831723374825074688

That's Trump's nominee for labor secretary and Politico has the video of his wife telling Oprah that he beats her, though politico has only said they've 'reviewed' the tape.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Manafort straight up worked for viktor yanukovych, didnt he?
And ISI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/13/515020244/why-is-russia-helping-anti-u-s-insurgents-in-afghanistan posted:

Russia is supporting anti-U.S. insurgents in Afghanistan — and through them, terrorists, top U.S. national security leaders say.

What isn't clear is why.

The top American commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Nicholson, stopped short of detailing everything the U.S. knows about the Russian return to Afghanistan in an appearance before a Senate panel last week. But he did confirm some lawmakers' accounts of what U.S. intelligence has established about the relationship.

"If Russia is cozying up to the Taliban — and that's a kind word — if they are giving equipment that we have some evidence that the Taliban is getting ... and other things that we can't mention in this unclassified setting? And the Taliban is also associated with al-Qaida? Therefore Russia indirectly is helping al-Qaida in Afghanistan," said Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.

"Your logic is absolutely sound, sir," Nicholson said.

• Locked thread