Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

DrBox posted:

You can actually deploy wherever your faction has a "front". When you go to deploy just zoom out (B on my controller) and pick a different front. So if you're doing 1v1 you can still dump your war assets into the domination zone if you want.

I'm not sure why I typed all that because it truly doesn't matter.

You do get a 20% bonus for placing your stuff where the game mode is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I feel like Lawbringer is pretty good because he recovers so fast from parries that it's REALLY difficult to punish him. So do safe attacks from long range and then escape unharmed even if you gently caress up and then punish their attacks. This is mostly from my perspective of playing against a good LB as a Raider. He recovers fast enough that you can't get a guaranteed GB after parry if they're good, which is a big part of how Raiders get hits in.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

People really don't like fighting against the Shugoki!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I don't get the game until tomorrow. What are you doing to make these people upset?

I can't wait to practice with Suge Knight.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
First dominion game I joined one team was a premade of folks with prestige levels, mine random level 1 and 2 guys. I hope they look into some sort of matchmaking algorithm for this at some point.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
So a warden just stood there in front of me passively and then lighting struck me and took all my health? Dominion 4v4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gaj posted:

So a warden just stood there in front of me passively and then lighting struck me and took all my health? Dominion 4v4

did you gently caress with zeus. don't do that.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Gaj posted:

He may have catapulted you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So anyone have some streamers to recommend that are skilled but not incredibly salty?

Trillhouse posted:

I don't get the game until tomorrow. What are you doing to make these people upset?

I can't wait to practice with Suge Knight.

Just playing the hero normally. Seems like he annoys people a lot because they don't realize how to play around his passive stance. Also his guardbreak+heavy combo sends people flying so I often get environmental kills with it without even trying. Gravity is the number 1 way to make people hate your guts in this game.

VVV It should take a page from Bomberman and just start flooding the map with explosions until someone dies.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 15, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game should probably give the player with more health the win when there's a a time out. It's retarded that if I'm at full health and the other guy is near death he can just camp a ledge and force a draw.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Holy heck I cannot keep up with nearly anyone I've encountered in this game.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
For anyone interested in Lawbringer, here's a video of guy who won a big1v1 tourney playing him versus another high level player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nrUoGcNfxM

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Internet Kraken posted:

People really don't like fighting against the Shugoki!

Can confirm!

So here's the thing with that: There was a bug during an earlier version where people would join up in a degenerated lobby. The game would never start, so people would queue in, sit around for a while and jump back out since it wasn't doing anything. It was temporarily fixed by nuking the degenerated lobbies as they appear, but it takes a few before they're detected and killed. That error is the temporary workaround to keep people from getting in a degenerated lobby until the server kills it. a *real* fix should be coming much sooner than later, from what I understand. Yeah the error is dumb, it would have been nice if it was automatically hidden but it was a hasty fix until the real one makes the whole situation obsolete anyway.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

For anyone interested in Lawbringer, here's a video of guy who won a big1v1 tourney playing him versus another high level player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nrUoGcNfxM

Watching this video it shows that the lawbringer really doesn't get much of anything for free, but the shove seems to beat other shoves which is cool. On top of that it seems you can only get a side heavy off a guard break or flip

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just beat the campaign and its the richest most well thought out plot ever with a compelling villain whose reasons are well explained.

Yer lucky I like multiplayer For Honor!!!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Played a bunch of Valkyrie (well, enough to hit level 11), she's very fun but so complicated, it's going to take a LOT of practice to get good with her. And I always forget to trip people, sigh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i like the nobushi but peacemakers gently caress me the hell up

too fast to block reliably so i gotta dodge them but the good ones stick on me like glue

hidden stance saves me a lot from other characters but fast attackers like assasins who can block or dodge my attempts to stab em at range give me a lot of trouble

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the quality of players at launch is also much higher than it was during the betas... people are dodging and blocking so much better now

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Zzulu posted:

the quality of players at launch is also much higher than it was during the betas... people are dodging and blocking so much better now

Actually, they carried player stats over from the betas. If you played well in the betas your skill level is matching you with other good people.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

loving lmao at one costume pack costing literally almost 40 American dollars.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Indecisive posted:

Played a bunch of Valkyrie (well, enough to hit level 11), she's very fun but so complicated, it's going to take a LOT of practice to get good with her. And I always forget to trip people, sigh

I've been playing a bunch of Shugoki but I really wanna learn Valkyrie too. She seems a lot more complex though. I'm not used to having more than two potential combos! :qq:

EDIT: What exactly is the point of the Valk's legsweep? It doesn't seem to do any damage or drain stamina, and I don't think you're fast enough to capitalize on it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 15, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah Valkyrie is complicated but seems like she has a lot of potential, at least in certain gamemodes

Like just the fact that she has full guard during her charge is awesome and something players rarely use, or the fact that her full guard also works as an attack canceller or all her sweet trips and poo poo. But everything needs setup and it can be hard to pull off in the heat of the moment unless you've learned those moves by heart

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Anybody get stuck on the initializing screen on uPlay on PC? I just got this thing installed and can't seem to connect to uPlay. Is Hard involved in this game at all or just Siege?

Anyway, HARD FIX YOUR loving DUMB BROKE GAME!

Edit: yep Siege is broken too. HAAAAARRRRD!!!!!

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 15, 2017

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001
Anyone else having FPS issues recently? I was playing fine this morning, before and after the new nvidia driver. Got home from work and my FPS halved. I can't maintain 60fps now, it dips down to 40. This should not be happening...(i7 6950x, 2x Titan XP, 64gb ram). I've reinstalled drivers and the game, no dice.

[edit]gently caress sake, game was on borderless windowed and I didn't realize. Fullscreen fixed it

DarkEnigma fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Feb 15, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://gfycat.com/DownrightMintyFowl

The heck, why are elephants not in multiplayer

WHY CAN I NOT CRUSH MY ENEMIES WITH AN ELEPHANT

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Is there a campaign in this game and if so is it any good? I dislike people u see

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

beergod posted:

Is there a campaign in this game and if so is it any good? I dislike people u see

The game has single player but its absolutely not worth playing just for that. You really shouldn't buy this game if you don't intend of playing the multiplayer.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There is a campaign and it is mediocre, for this is a multiplayer game you see

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hated every chapter that didn't let you play as a warden, which is 2/3 of'em.

it probably didn't help that i was playing realistic so i had no loving clue what way any attacks were coming non beta characters/orochis.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Roobanguy posted:

i hated every chapter that didn't let you play as a warden, which is 2/3 of'em.

it probably didn't help that i was playing realistic so i had no loving clue what way any attacks were coming non beta characters/orochis.

I love warden, but the campaign introduced me to my soul mate Lawbringer and for that I am eternally grateful.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Good lord, Berserker is a lot of fun. If you stop blocking for any reason other than you're killing her, she will poo poo out a gently caress ton of damage all over your face

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

aegof posted:

Holy heck I cannot keep up with nearly anyone I've encountered in this game.

I was in the same boat you are in earlier today.

Just pick a hero you like and practice it apparently I'm really good at the beserker but it took a lot of losing over and over again.

This game is really fun when it "clicks" for you. I haven't run into any Heroes that I would consider broken but they're definitely are Heroes that are better than others right now but as long as they keep up with balance changes I don't see this being a problem for too much longer.

All in all I really love this game even when I'm having scrub moments and crying in the corner of my room.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
uhh so my game literally wont boot up to anything other than a black loving screen anymore and i reinstalled 3x. jesus loving christ can any dev just deliver said promised game just once. :fuckoff:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Try updating teh drivers or sacrificing an adorable lamb to satan

Qubee
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT-bE8XLCBE

these loving plays are beautiful. I want to get to this level of good.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
This game is fun. Swinging around a poison-tipped naginata is very, very satisfying. Kind of sad that you can't have a woman as some of the classes, though. I was totally excited to play a gigantic Japanese bandit queen, but that class is male only.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

That prompt sets me off. There's another one for timing out a session or something too.

Don't tell us the matchmaker stopped, just restart the matchmaking!

I guess that's asking too much from the people who made the worst menus of 2017.

breaks
May 12, 2001

So seriously how the gently caress do you all chat in this on PC?

Like 20+ hours and I still don't know

Thanks ubisoft UI/UX team

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cephas posted:

This game is fun. Swinging around a poison-tipped naginata is very, very satisfying. Kind of sad that you can't have a woman as some of the classes, though. I was totally excited to play a gigantic Japanese bandit queen, but that class is male only.

On the flipside, you can't have a man as some of the other classes.

breaks posted:

So seriously how the gently caress do you all chat in this on PC?

You press T to open chat and then press tab to change between team and all chat like literally every other video game ever made

breaks posted:

Like 20+ hours and I still don't know

Dude how slow are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

I'm in my 30s man I'm pretty fuckin slow, back in the day we had separate keybinds for all chat and team chat

Not this newflanged hit tab poo poo

PS thanks