Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Echophonic posted:

What's the deal with Kagero? I just got a 4* one. Is the advantage against Infantry really that big of a boost that she's up there with Ol' Pineapple Head?

Yes, actually. Considering that cavalry options are lackluster and fliers are scared of him, infantry is about all you ever see. So while she looks like a "infantry tech" unit, right now she just destroys everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Philip Rivers posted:

+4 Mt isn't really a small amount

Ok, but that's the same boost in damage that most weapons get between 4* and 5* and she's not getting anything new on the weapon like most other characters do. I'm just saying, Nowi isn't getting anything special by upgrading, she's just going to be Slightly Better Nowi, which is nice, but 4* Nowi should still be able to eat swords just fine

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Can't really dismiss +4 as trivial. 5* Robin attack actually gets stuff done whereas 4* can really fall short when it comes to ohko'ing.

That said I rarely see Nowi double so you'll get worse returns out of her upgrade than someone with actual speed. Nowi is usually much more lethal when she tags people with that -res aura and iirc you can get the full one at 4* anyway so it should be good enough? I've never taken my 4* into arena personally

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 15, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Rascyc posted:

Can't really dismiss +4 as trivial. 5* Robin attack actually gets stuff done whereas 4* can really fall short when it comes to ohko'ing.

I have a -4 Attack Robin and he still gets stuff done. He wouldn't one-hit KO even if he was +4 instead of -4.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Idk that's completely opposite my experience. My 4* robin is garbo and a liability against all red swords. Maybe an atk buff?

5* robins kill my poo poo good :(

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Rascyc posted:

Idk that's completely opposite my experience. My 4* robin is garbo and a liability against all red swords. Maybe an atk buff?

Yeah I use a 4* Robin and I use him as a tanky distraction for my heavy hitters, he's not super powerful on his own unless he has the advantage. That's part of the reason I was hoping that Nowi was *that* good, since then I could phase him out until I got a chance to upgrade him

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hmm, this banner vanishes tonight, huh? I'm pondering one last pull on it, but then again having two pulls on the NEXT might be interesting, too.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Maybe it's cause the red swords that stick out in my memory are like Lucina+3s and poo poo grumble

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Big news! Kinda.

• Half cost Training Tower and 0 cost skill switching are being made permanent.
  • Release event bonuses (the free orbs I guess) have been extended to mid-March.
  • Starting next week, there will be some sort of new Training Tower reward on Mondays.
  • They're looking at making some kind of change to experience gain in March. Specifically, for when killing lower level enemies.

This is from the Japanese twitter, btw.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 15, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Oil of Paris posted:

Yeah I use a 4* Robin and I use him as a tanky distraction for my heavy hitters, he's not super powerful on his own unless he has the advantage. That's part of the reason I was hoping that Nowi was *that* good, since then I could phase him out until I got a chance to upgrade him

If what you want is a better tank, then Nowi is definitely that. Though against Falchions she'll perform much the same as Robin. She could get 1 swing in before going down though. I read somewhere that she doesn't get 1-shot by Falchion at 5* but she probably does at 4*.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

Big news! Kinda.

• Half cost Training Tower and 0 cost skill switching are being made permanent.
  • Release event bonuses (the free orbs I guess) have been extended to mid-March.
  • Starting next week, there will be some sort of new Training Tower reward on Mondays.
  • They're looking at making some kind of change to experience gain in March. Specifically, for when killing lower level enemies.

It was an in game notification as well but mysteriously disappeared a few minutes ago.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

acumen posted:

It was an in game notification as well but mysteriously disappeared a few minutes ago.

It is still there. You just need to tap on it to get the full text.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Trihugger posted:

If what you want is a better tank, then Nowi is definitely that. Though against Falchions she'll perform much the same as Robin. She could get 1 swing in before going down though. I read somewhere that she doesn't get 1-shot by Falchion at 5* but she probably does at 4*.

It's kinda immaterial that she doesn't get one shot by Falchion users, since they double her and she can't take 2 hits. Corrin (F) can actually go a round with a Lucina, since she's a good 7 points faster. Nowi's better at tanking magic though.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Clarste posted:

Big news! Kinda.

[*]Starting next week, there will be some sort of new Training Tower reward on Mondays.

hero feathers, mark my words

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Mirthless posted:

hero feathers, mark my words

Making it so despite the lowered stamina cost, people spend more money refreshing stamina for the tower. Of course, it has to be at least like 10 feathers per stamina to be worth it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I figured they were gonna keep the training tower changes

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Giving at least some method to grind feathers, even if it's extremely slow, would be a better solution than making them solely come from a piddly 15 per day at login and arena rewards (which you get more of if you're whaling and don't need them) once a week.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Personally I wish they gave shards more often because sometimes leveling units is annoying.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Clarste posted:

Big news! Kinda.

Half cost Training Tower and 0 cost skill switching are being made permanent.

I'm actually astounded that Nintendo realized this would be a problem.

Clarste posted:

Release event bonuses (the free orbs I guess) have been extended to mid-March.

But this is the real problem. Are people going to keep playing when they start getting 1 free orb per week instead of 15?

Edit: Oh, I'd like to thank everyone that mentioned Kagero. I hadn't reaslized she had effective against infantry and ignored her. She's a murder machine.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 15, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Realized that my 4* Nino is +Atk/-Def, after getting her to lvl 20 real quick to check what her IVs at 5* would be, so add another potential candidate to my list.

Lucina, Young Tiki, Camilla, Kagero is one possible line-up. Lucina, Young Tiki, Nino and Kagero being the other.

Having a better split of magic/ranged would be nice, but I'll still wait for the next banners at least.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DalaranJ posted:

I'm actually astounded that Nintendo realized this would be a problem.

But this is the real problem. Are people going to keep playing when they start getting 1 free orb per week instead of 15?

Edit: Oh, I'd like to thank everyone that mentioned Kagero. I hadn't reaslized she had effective against infantry and ignored her. She's a murder machine.

I imagine the daily orbs are probably going to be rotated the way freemium currency in other mobiles - giveaways during events that last two weeks to a month, with 5-10 day gaps in between

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ephraim is infantry.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Tired Moritz posted:

Ephraim is infantry.

And Julia is green, I'm 0 for 2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Banner characters are the only new people

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well pulled Eirika, and she's my first 5 star so I'll take it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Did two summons, got 5* Eirika plus 4* Jacob, Roy, Nowi, and Sheena none of which I had yet. Eirika's skills seem... underwhelming.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Julia seems cool, dunno what to make of her yet but 22 attack at level 1 seems enormous

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dumped 67 orbs in and didn't get any 5*s

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ephraim doth protest too much.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Is it me or the game super drat laggy?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Ephraim is infantry.

His gimmick is -def. He has both threaten and seal defense, along with moonbow.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Julia seems cool, dunno what to make of her yet but 22 attack at level 1 seems enormous

She'll need it if she's going to counter Nowi, which is the reason she exists.

I can't believe they went with another two red banner.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
gachas suck

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Three full pulls and nothing even remotely good

great

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Picked up a Linde. She seems real good with that burst heal on her attack.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Decide to take a full summon.

3 grey orbs, a red and a green.

:negative:

EDIT: 5* Jeorge. I don't even remember who this guy is.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 15, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Ephraim complaining about incest shippers is a level of meta I never expected fire emblem to get to

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ephraim is my dude but I only got 1 blue stone in the whole first two sets. :( I'm almost back up to 20 though so I'll do one more before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
A full summon.

Three dupes(Cecilia and Est and loving Matthew).
3* Odin, 3* Clarine.

You know, I think I don't like this gatcha either much.