Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

breaks posted:

I'm in my 30s man I'm pretty fuckin slow, back in the day we had separate keybinds for all chat and team chat

Not this newflanged hit tab poo poo

PS thanks

We're all a man in his 30s, man.

I figured out the chat button just 15 hours in. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't get it either, but I asked my team how to do it and was properly informed :3:

Not that I use it much

My main form of communication is hipthrusting at people

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zzulu posted:

My main form of communication is hipthrusting at people

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
So any cheats surfaced yet? Just wondering whether I should grab ps4 or pc..

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://fat.gfycat.com/UnimportantFrenchAlaskanhusky.webm

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I don't like putting down my controller to make words anyway.

Though, I consider playing Valkyrie with m+kb, because I can't for the life of me get to the facebuttons in time for dodges and guard breaks. I'd rather have them on LB and R3, but I have no idea how to custom rebind a controller.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

hit tab to all-chat is one of the biggest pile of turds about this game. cycling through chat modes is literally the worst. just give us separate key bindings for gently caress sake, even making it shift+t instead of t+tab would be better.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

its cool when every death you get in a domination is because a teammate "helps" you against another player.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Been playing the campaign. It's not totally awful? A bit cliche but better than I expected.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Been playing the campaign. It's not totally awful? A bit cliche but better than I expected.

Its not the worst, Appolyon is actually kinda cool just her thought process is never really explained or expounded on. She's some kinda war grandma.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Anyone know if it's possible to change characters mid-campaign? I started up the Viking chapter, but don't really like the lady raider's VO.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to change characters mid-campaign? I started up the Viking chapter, but don't really like the lady raider's VO.

Not as far as I know, whoever you pick (very briefly) will show up in the others campaigns as well.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Buyer's remorse here. I feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer already. It doesn't seem like there's that much to learn in combat. I'm not amazing, but it feels like whatever class I play, I get ahead by parrying and getting free hits in.

As for game modes, elimination and domination are either a dull victory lap or a boring curb stomp. Matchmaking always seems to give up and puts me in a game of people with level 40 gear (how have they gotten that much already?). Brawl is okay, when people aren't making the matches drag on by watching 1v1s.

Hopefully there'll be more entertaining modes in the future.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Promontory posted:

Brawl is okay, when people aren't making the matches drag on by watching 1v1s.

It's called HONOR it's right there in the name

Sepah
May 13, 2014
Does the Steam version of the game activate on Uplay?

I tried the Beta and it seemed like that was what it did, was wondering if the full version does that as well.

GMG has a discount for a Uplay key, so if the Steam version just launches Uplay, I'll probably go for that.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Man, you can win as Lawbringer but you really have to put in the work. It is incredibly satisfying to win with him but I am mostly downing people due to guardbreak mixups. Shove is pretty great at dictating the pace of a fight and the mixup you get after it is interesting to play with but the best thing you can do is guardbreak into a side heavy attack. The parry attacks are pretty disappointing, I just fish for the guardbreak instead. I have ended up mostly blocking instead, just to get the shoves off and shoot for throws. I really wish there was something like the stunning tap the raider has, I was under the impression this was the stun debuff character. If he is a grappler, that is cool too but I wish when I get that command grab that I would have more to look forward to than a light attack.

1v1 he struggles but it must be said that he is a monster with a team. He might not have a follow up to the flip but a teammate will happily eat their health for you.

Both shove and the command grab are fun to use but it really feels like he is missing something that the rest of his kit doesn't provide. It is really fun to guess right but there is not currently much reward there.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Promontory posted:

Buyer's remorse here. I feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer already. It doesn't seem like there's that much to learn in combat. I'm not amazing, but it feels like whatever class I play, I get ahead by parrying and getting free hits in.

As for game modes, elimination and domination are either a dull victory lap or a boring curb stomp. Matchmaking always seems to give up and puts me in a game of people with level 40 gear (how have they gotten that much already?). Brawl is okay, when people aren't making the matches drag on by watching 1v1s.

Didn't you try the open beta? It was the same thing

pretty crazy that you mastered the combat system in a day, personally I haven't even mastered one class yet

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Feb 15, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Heh, the only way you'd be stuck watching matches drag on in brawl is if you died before anyone else in the game, so my advice is to get good :cool:

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

Sepah posted:

Does the Steam version of the game activate on Uplay?

Yes

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Zzulu posted:

pretty crazy that you mastered the combat system in a day, personally I haven't even mastered one class yet

Yeah anyone who even remotely thinks they have "solved" combat this early on has no idea what they are talking about.

Although speaking of solving combat, time to start counting frame startups for moves cause I am sick and need help.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Didn't say I mastered it, I just parry a lot. My main complaint is that the game modes are dull and not very exciting to play. Why not have a castle assault/defense or something, instead of battling over zones or just deathmatching?

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

This game is p much a fighting game with swords that's better than Soul Caliber. (gently caress pressing a button to block. )

That's like saying you are tired of seeing the same characters and stages in one of those.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Tenasscity posted:

This game is p much a fighting game with swords that's better than Soul Caliber. (gently caress pressing a button to block. )

That's like saying you are tired of seeing the same characters and stages in one of those.

Man ryu vs ken again?? I mean its good for 25 years and all but i duno 1v1 just not much going on ya know!!??

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Promontory posted:

Dominion instantly gets more exciting when people know their roles. You don't need everyone understanding what's going on, just 2 guys on each side is all it takes to bring some structure to the match. Think of any ball based sport where the proper way to play is dudes spread out on a field, but toddlers play it with everyone chasing the ball. That's what's happening in Dominion at the moment.

Your hero's specialization is explained under renown on your moveset. This sheet lays it out better though.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 15, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Promontory posted:

lol "I've seen everything the game has to offer" "It doesn't seem like there's much to learn in combat" this is one of those games that's super easy to pick up and play, but has a huge skill ceiling. You clearly haven't given it a chance. I'm getting to duels now where feinting is the only way to win, as everything else is too easy to parry / block. poo poo feels so drat satisfying.

I hate going against an opponent who is a turd at playing and just stands there frozen scared when you're just rebuffing all their attacks. They don't even adapt and change tactics, they keep using the same rehashed combos and wondering why it doesn't work.

Also, gently caress people who whinge and cry over the fact I enjoy playing Orochi. I've had people call me noobs for picking Orochi, so next round I pick the Raider since he's the direct opposite of Orochi, and I STILL kick their rear end. People gotta come to grips with the fact that things aren't unbalanced, you just suck.

Getting thrown off a ledge? Doesn't phase me. Getting 3v1'd? Doesn't phase me. Having a big manbaby cry about how unbalanced a certain hero is or how game mechanics are broken (guard break, I'm looking at you) makes me super loving salty, since 100% of the time they don't know what they're talking about.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 15, 2017

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I get the feeling that if you're a beat-em-up veteran you're probably going to be frustrated with the lack of options at high end play, but for your average player there's enough depth to the combat to keep the gameplay feeling pretty fresh for a while. I'm probably about 12 hours into the multiplayer (Inclusive of beta time), and I still feel like I have a tenuous grasp on the combat at best and I've only been playing the Warden so far. Winning fights and the process of learning the enemy's patterns is enough to keep me coming back.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I am balls-out terrible at this game but I still have a positive kdr in pvp because as it turns out a lot of people are also steaming dogshit at stabbing mans. Also I am not very honoraburu at all which helps quite a bit. PSN: mr_dread

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sometime i just stand on a point as a conqueror with the points ability equipped and pretend the point is my house and that all intruders of the wrong color will be attacked

i win most of those games actually, because we accumulate points so fast when i chill there. The enemy basically has to dislodge me from there if they want to win

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gets pretty boring if they never attack tho :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok I am tired out of my mind which may be effecting this, but for the Valkyrie the shield tackle cancel it says you can hit r1 to cancel it into that leaping brad pitt troy strike, or square to guardbreak cancel it and I just can't get it working for the life of me for either of them.

*ed*

course as I write it i figure one part of it out, so has to be shield tackle full charge to cancel into leaping spear, but still can't figure out the guard break portion.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 15, 2017

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I am beyond terrible at this game. Got a few hours in on the Warden last night. Occasionally seemed like I was getting the hang of it then I'd just get destroyed again. Think I need to be more patient: block more, try and counter. Part of my issue was trying to attack too much and just getting slaughtered.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zzulu posted:

sometime i just stand on a point as a conqueror with the points ability equipped and pretend the point is my house and that all intruders of the wrong color will be attacked

i win most of those games actually, because we accumulate points so fast when i chill there. The enemy basically has to dislodge me from there if they want to win

I guess what you're trying to say is... You're basically Shrek, and the zone is your swamp???

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok I am tired out of my mind which may be effecting this, but for the Valkyrie the shield tackle cancel it says you can hit r1 to cancel it into that leaping brad pitt troy strike, or square to guardbreak cancel it and I just can't get it working for the life of me for either of them.

*ed*

course as I write it i figure one part of it out, so has to be shield tackle full charge to cancel into leaping spear, but still can't figure out the guard break portion.

Ya, I am at the same page here. I can get the strike no problem but the cancel into a guard break, like what the warden has, I cannot seem to get.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Can you armor break the conquerors shield bash and the valks shield tackle?

I thought orange moves like that could only be dodged or parried if they're an attack.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you have to dodge them.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, what's the purpose of a cancel from shield tackle into armor break then, if not to stop an incoming armor break?

I tried to learn the cancel yesterday, but I could also only get shield tackle into leaping attack to work. I thought maybe the uncharged tackle was the armor break until I saw your posts.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Anyone have any special voodoo magic to unfuck uPlay? It was fine when I was playing Siege on Sunday but ever since For Honor dropped I can't connect. The launcher gets stuck on "Initializing" and then the connection fails. I've made rules for the launcher in my firewall. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, rebooted about a billion times between here and there. Even tried to run the launcher as an admin. No dice. The last option is port forwarding but I set my router up years ago and forgot the username and password I assigned so if I do that I'm gonna have to reset the box and then have my roommates bitch at me when their wifi quits working. I don't think that will help as it was working last week when I played Siege. Nothing has changed about my routers configuration since then.

Anybody got a magic bullet for this kinda poo poo?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Donnerberg posted:

Okay, what's the purpose of a cancel from shield tackle into armor break then, if not to stop an incoming armor break?

I tried to learn the cancel yesterday, but I could also only get shield tackle into leaping attack to work. I assumed the uncharged tackle was the armor break until I saw your posts.

Armor breaks catch dodges

I mean my experience is the shield tackle also catches dodges but

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Oh, I see. That awesome! I've had people dodge my shield tackle and poo poo all over me. Back to practicing the cancel then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Judging from a few streams it seems like Lawbringer really, really shits on enemy stamina. I don't think he'll be considered underpowered for much longer.