Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Achamp posted:

It's not their fault if you don't read the ToS. Not eligible for exchanges, gifting, or upgrades. Fresh cash only.

Jesus Derek. Say it with me. Iron. Clad.

Yeah, I went back and read it after buying a pair. I contacted concierge and got the "gently caress you! No take-backs, no refunds. Like ever. Read the ToS" response :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
in the last 2 years i never had any problems with any SC build, but 2.6.1b simply cannot load up on my system. It constantly crashes whenever i try to launch. i deleted and re-downloaded the client, veryfied and re-veryfied but nothing seems to help. (Windows 10, up to date as well as all drivers)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Well, apparently if you buy one of the 2 ship packages in the Valentines Day sale, you cannot gift one of them :allears:

Wait, what ? No. Your joking, right ? Valentine gifts you cant share ?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

aleksendr posted:

Wait, what ? No. Your joking, right ? Valentine gifts you cant share ?

It's a gift from CIG to the now lonely and divorced backers.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

yeah, about frickin time :colbert:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

:stare:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

in the last 2 years i never had any problems with any SC build, but 2.6.1b simply cannot load up on my system. It constantly crashes whenever i try to launch. i deleted and re-downloaded the client, veryfied and re-veryfied but nothing seems to help. (Windows 10, up to date as well as all drivers)

Have you reported it on the issue council using suitably deferential language for bothering them with your problems?

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
I took the liberty to update that bogus graph that has been floating around for years:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do we really need to have screenshots of posts with nothing about SC from completely unrelated subreddits?

~dreams~ posts are wonderful but stuff like the above is pretty creepy

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

That sounds like a free thousand pounds, there. Do it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Do we really need to have screenshots of posts with nothing about SC from completely unrelated subreddits?

put mirificus on ignore, he does nothing but spam the thread with that crap all day

it's not creepy, it's boring

e:

Shadowlyger posted:

That sounds like a free thousand pounds, there. Do it.
please don't quote mirificus posts unless there is something actually funny in his screenshot (which is never btw)

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

chochmah posted:

I took the liberty to update that bogus graph that has been floating around for years:

Wow. If you cherrypick a bunch of games with notoriously long dev times, average them, and then pretend that average applies to all AAA games, then SC is right on track!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Personally I heard Blizzard didn't even start working on the mmo netcode until 6 months before release. Just had to layer it in.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just just finished watching the Uncharted 4 LP, what a pretty game, and that's with a console. Makes me wonder what the future holds for graphical fidelity, and if Uncharted could be modded into a space MMO in less than 6 years.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Personally I heard Blizzard didn't even start working on the mmo netcode until 6 months before release. Just had to layer it in.

It's not even that. If you look at it properly, most of the "start dates" are the same year that the previous title was released.

So that means Star Citizen has been in development for 14 years.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that they think modeling oxygen usage and flow is a better idea than just having an oxygen meter, or the fact that people believe that's what they're actually doing.

Since you were of the latter persuasion I would say that is the funnier option.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Well, if they are dedicated to "archiving" then they should have no problem making those resources available on their "not-a-hate" sub.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

Since you were of the latter persuasion I would say that is the funnier option.

:negative: yeah that's fair. I don't recall ever having an opinion on the "fully modeled bloodstream and oxygen levels" thing before I started posting here, so I'm not sure if I wasn't aware of it or if I'm blocking it out due to the overwhelming shame.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

chochmah posted:

Pff. Lacks space program.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Layer it in makes me laugh every time.

pictured: cake in beta and release candidate phases.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013

I think it's a little unfair to start the star citizen bar in 2011. It should be 2012 or arguably 2013, because most other games don't count tech demoes as development.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Roeben posted:

I think it's a little unfair to start the star citizen bar in 2011. It should be 2012 or arguably 2013, because most other games don't count tech demoes as development.

Wait, if you don't count tech demos as development doesn't that put Star Citizen's start date somewhere around 2018?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Roeben posted:

Hence “pre-production.”
It would arguably look even worse for SC if you hunted down those dates for all games and subtracted them… :D

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Bonjour, c'est ici les posts à propos de Marine Le pen ?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Yeah, let's try to avoid that.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Did you try to power off / power on your internet box ?

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013

Chalks posted:

Wait, if you don't count tech demos as development doesn't that put Star Citizen's start date somewhere around 2018?

Touché

Tippis posted:

Hence “pre-production.”
It would arguably look even worse for SC if you hunted down those dates for all games and subtracted them… :D

I see, in that case you could also argue pre-production started somewhere in late 2010, as they worked on it for more then a year with a tiny team before they announced SQ42.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

commandos are already moving away from 3.0 hype to 3.1 hype because it'll be the patch where CIG gets the ship they've been loving up since day one right lmao

3.1 is old news. Already in the bag. I personally am waiting for 4.0 because it brings the long awaited features:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

3.1 is old news. Already in the bag. I personally am waiting for 4.0 because it brings the long awaited features:

Have unironically read this, and also that its coming at the end of the year, Q1 2018 at the latest.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Citcon2018 hype

Just imagine that 4.0 presentation!!1

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Well, apparently if you buy one of the 2 ship packages in the Valentines Day sale, you cannot gift one of them :allears:

This is the best way to do Valentine's Day.

1: dumb enough to think this was a good idea
2: dumb enough actually buy it
3: tell significant other about it
4: be unable to gift it
5: try to explain you'll just have to keep it for yourself
6+: dumb enough to buy another that can be gifted because loving hell or high water you're not giving away two ships to the so!!

Keep on ruining the relationships of the last 500 people who still believe. :allears:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
They're bitching about it on RSI. But some fanboys are in there saying you should have expected that as its a package, you can't split up packages to gift. Do your homework. Enjoy two of the same ship.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Today is the anniversary of the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 split into two products sold separately

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/15/10997622/star-citizen-made-a-big-change-in-how-its-sold

I'm baking a cake now in its honor. I hope I can get the CR to drop in and spit on it for me and then try to cut it but maul it like an angry bear instead. Then sell me a jpeg and gently caress me before burning down my house and shouting "send us more cookies next time!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Wow. If you cherrypick a bunch of games with notoriously long dev times, average them, and then pretend that average applies to all AAA games, then SC is right on track!

Not only that, but that assumes that each of those titles were the ONLY titles being processed by each studio while they were locked in death march mode, like CIG. Because places like Blizzard and Bethesda would never work on multiple titles at onc...Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So the valentines thing was that the ships are a couple, not the people buying them

:lol: