Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Rindou status: still best girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Real excited for Erina to be a confirmed succubus

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eej posted:

Real excited for Erina to be a confirmed succubus

That's Rindou though?

E: Guessing Souma took first in the poll again.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
souma is probably one of the best shonen main characters in a long time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elfgames posted:

souma is probably one of the best shonen main characters in a long time.

I like that he gets along well or has chemistry with virtually every character he interacts with and none of it seems forced. Him bonding with Nao over their love of disgusting food was one of the best quick interactions in the series. He's got a good personality and he's fun, about the only criticism I'd levy against him is that he doesn't have many visible character flaws or moments of weakness. I think that'll change at some point though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Spoilers are out and I think the results of the popularity poll just dropped.

1. Erina 3350
2. Hisako 3081
3. Alice 3042
4. Soma 2795
5. Megumi 1892
6. Shinomiya 1669
7. Rindou 1353
8. Takumi 1207
9. Mito 743
10. Hayama 737

I'm...actually kind of stunned, really.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe Takumi lost to Rindou.

Not that I don't agree with the ranking, but shocked nonetheless.

EDIT: WAIT WHAT THE gently caress HISAKO AT 2?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

EDIT: WAIT WHAT THE gently caress HISAKO AT 2?

Y-san from Chiba Prefecture just found a new waifu maybe?

Wasn't Hisako's rank usually lower? I don't remember.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I figured the face-turn would put Erina over the top.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wasn't she pretty high up there even when she was resolutely awful all the time?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wasn't she pretty high up there even when she was resolutely awful all the time?

Second place every time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I guess Jump readers have a teacher fetish, or something.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They like dorky types. Her face turn added way more moe dorky characteristics.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Same tbh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tsunderes, man. inexplicably, they can't seem to get enough of tsunderes over there.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

tsunderes, man. inexplicably, they can't seem to get enough of tsunderes over there.

I miss the age of kugimiya

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Look, if you don't like Erina after seeing her super hype to finally play a card game with more than two people, I don't know what to say.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like her fine now, but for most of the manga she was just plain awful. also, she was barely around and very rarely interacted with souma despite supposedly being the heroine.

food nazi is terrible, but i'm not sure that anything less drastic would have worked to get erina involved with the story.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

...i actually had to look up who hisako was...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I know who Hisako was. I still can't believe she is the second most popular character. Like how is that even remotely a thing. Everyone on that list is more entertaining then her.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
hisako is good. not alice-good, but good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I know who Hisako was. I still can't believe she is the second most popular character. Like how is that even remotely a thing. Everyone on that list is more entertaining then her.

"She's cute" is like 60% of it. Stagiere and actually being a friend with Souma without being in love with him probably make up the other 40%.

Also Hayama is like the exact opposite of entertaining after that match, dude singlehandedly brought down an entire arc for like 8 chapters.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 16, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also Hayama is like the exact opposite of entertaining after that match, dude singlehandedly brought down an entire arc for like 8 chapters.

To be fair it's not like the arc wasn't in the crapper already at that point

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Agreed with the first three sentences but Hayama is also on the list so I cannot agree with that last sentence.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok Everyone on that list but Hayama is more entertaining.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Yes but he's hot which is enough for some people.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just re-read the whole manga (insomnia gives me time for stupid stuff like that) and both Erina and Hisako are good characters. They also bounce off Soma in funny ways and make silly faces, which is good.

All characters are good, actually, except Hayama the boring and the Elite 10/Central members with no personalities.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

It helps the japanese nerds pretend that the girls who call them creeps and tell them to drop dead are secretly in love with them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Legit though the only person Erina was tsundere towards was Alice.

She flat out didn't like Souma and wanted him to fail everything all the way up until Kuga. The term for that is rear end in a top hat.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

She flat out didn't like Souma and wanted him to fail everything all the way up until Kuga. The term for that is rear end in a top hat.

he kinda started it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elfgames posted:

he kinda started it.

"Hey let me cook something first before you fail me out with the rest of the people that just left" and "hey that was actually better than you thought right" aren't really the most vile forms of provocation.

Now, being a diner plebeian, on the other hand...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just want a delinquent.

When will Megumi become dark Megumi, is what I want to know.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

They know Dark Megumi would be too powerful, she shall remain a distant dream...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Booooooooooring! Bring on Shin Megumi.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/203/4036/1

Ahaha, "You cooked the best dish!" "No, you did!" "No, you!" "No, you!"

Nope, still love this manga :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Everybody Wins! :yayclod:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

i'm of the opinion that tsunderes are assholes regardless of how often they go dere.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Would you say they are domestic abusers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

Would you say they are domestic abusers.

i know that's bait, but occasionally, yeah. sometimes tsunderes are very physically abusive. it is generally supposed to be a joke, though i don't think it is executed particularly well most of the time.

fictional characters with fictional character traits can be dicks sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

"She's cute" is like 60% of it. Stagiere and actually being a friend with Souma without being in love with him probably make up the other 40%.

It's because she's adorkable like Erina is. That isn't to say every single character in this series isn't kind of a dork.