Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ok, we need the factories here first before they can be nationalized. We take this one step at a time.

We should help companies like Tesla, which is building multiple factories in America and hiring many Americans and driving the technological innovation that keeps America top dog in general.

Versus companies like ExxonMobile, who couldn't give less of a poo poo and try to make backdoor deals with nefarious states all the time in pursuit of that dollar and also gently caress you we're gonna dump oil everywhere lol.

As long as we're just pipe dreaming haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

fyodor posted:

Oh look the SCHOOL BUS DRIVER wants to tell me about "good guy."

I'm DEEPLY concerned about the appearance of moral integrity!!!!

*defends Donald Trump and the GOP*

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
*Sees 5+ new pages in thread and comes in to see what may have happened.*

*quickly notes that half of the posts are typical Misanthrope idiocy*

:yikes:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

I really love when posters try to make a point by completely belittling someone's profession, definitely makes them look like the good guy.

No, the Communists are for the workers don't you see

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's an important fallacy in this call for guaranteed income

If you have no factories, no jobs, nothing in your country, where is this money coming from and why do they need to keep giving it to you? You'll burn everything down? Burn down what? They've built their worldwide corporate empire and they just leave you with the ashes and go to New Zealand or India

Tourist Dollars. People love to come to America to see the ruins of Detroit.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

*Sees 5+ new pages in thread and comes in to see what may have happened.*

*quickly notes that half of the posts are typical Misanthrope idiocy*

:yikes:

may i see a more interesting page from your diary that isnt *le me checking gbs pol thread for millionth time*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hey man don't lump those liberals in with me. :ussr:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"I like that a self-professed rapist, con-man and all-around degenerate scumbag is president. It is morally pure. I bathe in it." -forums poster Spunky Psycho Ho

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

fyodor posted:

"I like that a self-professed rapist, con-man and all-around degenerate scumbag is president. It is morally pure. I bathe in it." -forums poster Spunky Psycho Ho

It was a lovely election with 2 flawed candidates, one just happened to be slightly better (less worse?) than the other

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like your guys gay argument keep it up

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
These current reactions regarding Russia reminds me of when Republicans flipped their lids when Obama wanted to open up diplomatic relations with Iran

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Thank you The New York Times, CNN, and The Huffington Post.
The return of real journalism!
YOU ARE ALL AMERICAN HEROES.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Clearly the answer is to enslave the robots for us and mine us bitcoin.

Which is what I've already been doing for the past month in preparation for the collapse of the US dollar so I will be the next world leader, suck on that :smug:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i think it is a bad thing that a branch of government may be unduly influenced and that legislators and intelligence agencies should maybe ask questions thank you

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It was a lovely election with 2 flawed candidates, one just happened to be slightly better (less worse?) than the other

hahahahahahhahah you clearly made the right choice, brainiac!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There were actually more than 2 candidates, everyone should have voted for Jill Stein :downs:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

i think it is a bad thing that a branch of government may be unduly influenced and that legislators and intelligence agencies should maybe ask questions thank you

If you read the article they did ask questions and found no evidence of cooperation between Russia and Trump. Of course, that's not an exciting headline though :(

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

There were actually more than 2 candidates, everyone should have voted for Jill Stein :downs:

lol i did

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

If you read the article they did ask questions and found no evidence of cooperation between Russia and Trump. Of course, that's not an exciting headline though :(

if you read the article it is an ongoing investigation that became relevant again in light of Flynn

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

fyodor posted:

hahahahahahhahah you clearly made the right choice, brainiac!

One was talking hard economy and one was calling me racist, was literally a no-brainer

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

if you read the article it is an ongoing investigation that became relevant again in light of Flynn

Ah, the guy that Trump fired asked to resign after the President found out he had misled officials about his conversations with a Russian envoy and could be vulnerable to blackmai? That guy?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

The guy who handles scheduling and approves timecards for a delivery company has some pretty serious opinions on extremely complicated economic concepts

Your posts read like a kid in a community college econ course.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

Ah, the guy that Trump asked to resign?

yes the guy who was asked to resign because plausible deniability was compromised

edit- lol why do you believe the lie that he just found this out two days ago that was immediately debunked

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 15, 2017

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

One was talking hard economy and one was calling me racist, was literally a no-brainer

lol

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

yes the guy who was asked to resign because plausible deniability was compromised

So Trump fired a guy that lied about having communications with Russia, and that somehow now means Trump himself has ties to Russia and is compromised? We need to come up with a witty name for this current left version of the Tea Party conspiracy theorists.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
if you want to understand what is really happening in the world, remember that nixon was sunk after taping microphones to some desks, while this will not hurt trump in any way.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

So Trump fired a guy that lied about having communications with Russia, and that somehow now means Trump himself has ties to Russia and is compromised? We need to come up with a witty name for this current left version of the Tea Party conspiracy theorists.

he was briefed about it months ago, pence went around denying it because he was misled, and then only fired because they got caught in a lie. did you not follow this at all?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's not fairrrrrrrrrrrr he didn't tell me he was an intelligence officer!!!

By regulation they have to introduce themselves as Lastname, Firstname Lastname

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That means we have to have factories here! Trump!

:cripes:

Just FYI, we are starting to manufacture things in the USA again, for the same reason we were able to keep auto manufacturing in the US in the first place - robots! Do you think they're putting humans on the assembly lines in all these battery factories popping up everywhere?

Why would anyone build a factory overseas, and then ship goods across the ocean, when they could just build the poo poo local with a machine factory and only have to hire maintenance technicians and essential administrative personnel?

We will manufacture in the states again, but we won't do it with American workers, because American workers expect to be paid more than their labor is worth relative to a machine or foreign worker. You're not going to save the manufacturing jobs without banning both, and if you ban both you better believe people will give up on the US market. Higher taxes will drive some companies out, but most will stay because our market is still going to be lucrative. Force companies to take an operating loss for the sake of maintaining a tradition that's not even 200 years old and watch how fast they flee.

"Full Time Employment" made the industrial revolution work, but we don't need it anymore and it's loving dumb that we keep coming up with excuses to keep everyone working around the clock. We don't need more operations managers!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 15, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

tenspott posted:

Your posts read like a kid in a community college econ course.

let me guess: you work in payroll

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

he was briefed about it months ago, pence went around denying it because he was misled, and then only fired because they got caught in a lie. did you not follow this at all?

No matter how much I may or may not dislike Trump, without knowing what information he was briefed with, I won't fault him for either not acting rashly and immediately and/or waiting until further verification.

And it wasn't months ago, it was 24 days ago when it came out that Flynn had discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

let me guess: you work in payroll

And you are a college student? I answered bud

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

And you are a college student? I answered bud

I'm 32, didn't go to college

I work in the IT department in a position that actually occasionally gets up and does work that can't be accomplished with 19 y/o excel expert's macro collection

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Russian ties is the leftist version of Kenya birth certificates

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

I work in the IT department in a position that actually occasionally gets up and does work that can't be accomplished with 19 y/o excel expert's macro collection

Okay you're ragging on me, and you work in IT, "DID YOU TRY RESETTING"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's also routing, problem solving, interactions with clients, training new staff. It's a job all right. Should I be ashamed to work?

"Well, carl is going on vacation next week, so I'd better click approve on his request, and then send an email to our DL asking somebody to fill in for him with a link right to the internal company system that handles scheduling. I'll CC the client on it so they know Carl won't be the one they're talking to. This is a very hard and demanding job."

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

omfg and you're making fun of other people's jobs? lmfao.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

Russian ties is the leftist version of Kenya birth certificates

Except the part where the national security advisor resigned a month into the job and the president's own party is calling for investigations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Okay you're ragging on me, and you work in IT, "DID YOU TRY RESETTING"

i don't primarily answer phone calls for a living and resetting people's computers is a lot harder than checking my email for contractor extensions and hitting an "approve" button a couple of times a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

"Well, carl is going on vacation next week, so I'd better click approve on his request, and then send an email to our DL asking somebody to fill in for him with a link right to the internal company system that handles scheduling. I'll CC the client on it so they know Carl won't be the one they're talking to. This is a very hard and demanding job."

Lmao, I route 350+ orders in real time a day while I argue with an IT guy

• Locked thread