Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Space Flower posted:

you're rather fixated on posting this interpretation everywhere and every day for supposedly not wanting to revisit it again.

I mean it's a pretty lovely part of the manga. People should know to avoid that part at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Srice posted:

I'm now feeling good, about avoiding the dragons

same my man

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The rest of the show has been really good so far which is why I'm mad they adapted that at all

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
All I want is for my cute domestic gay show to be entirely unproblematic...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oxide's spinning it really, really harshly. The anime plays it as the younger dragon thinking about maybe kissing her puppy crush and then not doing so, and the second bit is the older dragon running through reasons for the human who summoned her to keep her around, then desparately throwing out "but my body!" at the end and being resoundingly rebuffed.

Like, it's not entirely unproblematic, but it's a little irritating to see it reduced to "DRAGON SHOW IS PEDOPHILE APOLOGIA," especially when it's doing so much stuff really well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

I'm now feeling good, about avoiding the dragons

Hell.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oxide's spinning it really, really harshly. The anime plays it as the younger dragon thinking about maybe kissing her puppy crush and then not doing so, and the second bit is the older dragon running through reasons for the human who summoned her to keep her around, then desparately throwing out "but my body!" at the end and being resoundingly rebuffed.

Like, it's not entirely unproblematic, but it's a little irritating to see it reduced to "DRAGON SHOW IS PEDOPHILE APOLOGIA," especially when it's doing so much stuff really well.

The creator is horny for children.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like the dragon show so far

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't believe the show is. Creator can deal with his own problems.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

You're being too generous to the show, but I'm not going to get into a big argument on why that poo poo is creepy.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, you'll just continue to post the same thing, get rebuffed, and act detached

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*in extremely south park voice* maybe the answer lies... somewhere in the middle...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for real though i didnt think it was that bad. not worse than anything that happened in the first ep.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do yall think tail eating is a metaphor for oral sex

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

*in extremely south park voice* maybe the answer lies... somewhere in the middle...

Ah, shoot 'em between the eyes. Gotcha :wink:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

do yall think tail eating is a metaphor for oral sex

Oh come on it's obviously anal, keep up

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
the smut made by the guy, well, it has tags that I block. The dragonmaid, is cool.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nice self own

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Stairmaster posted:

nice self own

Smut can be good, and cool.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

I can't believe that you're a pervert

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Red Minjo posted:

you don't need to explain smut to stair

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

littleorv posted:

I can't believe that you're a pervert

I've read that LN

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spiritus Nox posted:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Latest from Kyoto Animation. Absurdist comedy about gay dragons + heartwarming family story. It's real good, although the latest episode wasn't 100 percent successful in defusing some of the skeevier aspects of the source manga.

I've seen the show, I just didn't think that was Kanna because- where's her horns? I don't think I've seen her human form without horns until now, unless I missed a scene when she's in class.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder now what the origin of the word smut is.

Also :rip: everyone in jail for watching dragon maid.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dragon maid is a good show and the new episode had a weird first half that i can understand people getting put off by

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

late Middle English (in the sense ‘defile, corrupt, make obscene’): related to German schmutzen ; compare with smudge

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

I've seen the show, I just didn't think that was Kanna because- where's her horns? I don't think I've seen her human form without horns until now, unless I missed a scene when she's in class.

When she was in class she didn't have them either.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

smut

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
butte smutte

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

Also :rip: everyone in jail for watching dragon maid.

Hello chumbler my pal, I finished Qualia the Purple and it was quite the ride.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

butte smutte

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
everyone say smut so i can see your avs react to it

Stexils