Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

He's the first member of the DK crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lol @ the people who still think 205 Live suck after it has had two weeks of amazing content

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Incessant Excess posted:

Don't you get paid less if you're not on TV? I find the 'Emma was playing 4D chess all along' theory kinda hard to believe.

I agree to the extent that I don't think she was being a puppet master, but she'd be far from the first wrestler to sandbag an angle because it was complete dog poo poo. Austin got himself fired completely just because he felt a match was too good to give away with free.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ostentatious posted:

lol @ the people who still think 205 Live suck after it has had two weeks of amazing content

Three actually

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Go RV! posted:

I'll be so glad when Vince dies so that we can get rid of this absolutely loving bizarre verbiage.

"Vince McMahon has been compromised to a permanent end."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Jack Gallagher has been around for well over that time. Nice try though.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think Emma originally got moved up way too quick. People didnt really get her NXT gimmick and I dont think she did either. I remember they put her at the announce table and they asked her to tell them about herself and she was so nervous and flustered, lots of ums and ya knows and basically just said she likes to have fun. I thought she was about to break down.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
But she'd been working well as Evil Emma for months, and there was really no reason to change. Whatever shortfalls she may have had in the past are well behind her; this whole Emmalina thing has just been them pissing away a perfectly decent worker for months because someone in the back thought it'd be a laugh, and I don't blame Emma for sandbagging it, either consciously or subconsciously.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

pressedbunny posted:

But she'd been working well as Evil Emma for months, and there was really no reason to change. Whatever shortfalls she may have had in the past are well behind her; this whole Emmalina thing has just been them pissing away a perfectly decent worker for months because someone in the back thought it'd be a laugh, and I don't blame Emma for sandbagging it, either consciously or subconsciously.

She had surgery for a ruptured disc in May, just nine months ago, any additional time off was a very very good thing.

Another good thing, James Ellsworth!

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 15, 2017

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jack had the biggest pop of the 205 night other than Metallic in the building. Neville did not have a lot of heat sadly, Dars goofy heel reactions got a much bigger response, but that's to be expected from how many kids were in the crowd. The big smark group who was sitting under then Mania sign tried to start two or three Mexican raves during the main, which pissed me off after they got the whole arena chanting in Spanish for Metallic. Everyone around me was really into Neville's heel mannerisms, just not enough to really get into booing him until he killed that innocent umbrella.

I think the issue might be in the psychology of his matches. He should be doing a lot more cutting off cool flips than taking them (and his opponents should be going faster and doing more of them). With the current match pacing I think it's just hard for people to engage with him in the ring, but if the faces were going faster and he was stopping them shorter I think that would be fixed.

Also sad to note is how the pop Miz got for coming out for the Dark Main blew even Metallic out if the water. Until you can make that kind of comparison its hard to see just how damaged the cruisers were by thier mishandling. Its gonna take a long time to fix them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The cruiserweights have replaced the Divas as the designated piss-break segment

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Pleased to have been completely wrong about this:

Cubone posted:

*eyes roll back into head, body rises into the air as if puppeteered by invisible strings. jaw slackens and an unearthly voice rings out*
Bray is going into a blowoff feud with Harper. Neither one of them will be anywhere near the main event.
btw

Once upon a time I was a golden-hearted boy full of unwavering optimism and good faith, before time and retail jobs took their dark toll. Restore my faith, evil corporate entity. Make me bo-lieve

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol this is some insane revisionist history just because someone brought up their knees in a spot. If poo poo like this meant you'd fire people then Jack Swagger, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, and more people would be out the door by now for doing far worse.

You also have to fire Charlotte for how many times she tried to knock Bailey's head clean off her loving shoulders through botched knees and moonsaults

Best part of Smackdown for me was the surprise Luke Harper appearance when the lights came on and Bray Wyatt's "oh poo poo, this guy is gonna wreck me right before I have to defend the title" expression instead of just laughing it off or trying to intimidate him

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's like someone Photoshopped a ten year olds face onto that body, Christ it's so bright. :stonk:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
are those stretch marks lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll give it to WWE that I loving loathed Baron but in the last few months they've booked him so well that I've come around on the guy.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Man it must suck to be a cruiser in WWE. Poor souls are stuck travelling to Raw every week for a dumb 6 minute segment, before their real show on Tuesday where they might actually get some time. More travelling than the rest of the roster for a fraction of the time/overness.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Minidust posted:

Man it must suck to be a cruiser in WWE. Poor souls are stuck travelling to Raw every week for a dumb 6 minute segment, before their real show on Tuesday where they might actually get some time. More travelling than the rest of the roster for a fraction of the time/overness.

If they're doing another CWC this year I really hope everyone rejects the offer to sign based on their shoddy cruiserweight booking over the past year

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

are those stretch marks lol

Homeboy is like 6'8. When you grow that tall you get stretch marks. I empathize.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Minidust posted:

SD runs house shows on Mondays and RAW runs them on Tuesdays

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/iLikeSamiZayn/status/831979589714993171

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I feel like Corbin underwent a subtle character shift.
He's still a balding overgrown teenager who might as well be wrestling in a dirty slipknot tee, but instead of doing it because he wants people to look at him and think he's a cool badass, he's doing it because he's absolutely certain that he IS a cool badass and that this is just what cool badasses do. It doesn't matter that he's obviously wrong, it only matters that he believes in it. LONE WOLF.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

not that i blame him but is sami trying to get future endeavored

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cubone posted:

He's still a balding overgrown teenager who might as well be wrestling in a dirty slipknot tee, but instead of doing it because he wants people to look at him and think he's a cool badass, he's doing it because he's absolutely certain that he IS a cool badass and that this is just what cool badasses do. It doesn't matter that he's obviously wrong, it only matters that he believes in it. LONE WOLF.

Yah a shift from being poo poo to being even more poo poo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like to imagine Linda's hand is actually Vince's and I smile.

Welp thanks for reading

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I loving love you Sami Zayn.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They don't fire people anymore. They keep them around forever and humiliate them on TV until they've lost all hope for life and then fire them.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yah a shift from being poo poo to being even more poo poo.

Savage invective. Worthy of The Lone Wolf himself.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i hope so

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He has heat backstage but by having heat he keeps getting featured on RAW and is winning matches so maybe he realizes the only way to get a push is to keep the heat on him backstage cause WWE is a crazy backwards company.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

idgi

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Cubone posted:

Somebody on this forum once described him as "My son, Baron Corbin" and I have been referring to him as such ever since. It's perfect. I am so proud of my son and his metal wrestler award and I just wish he'd call every once in a while to say hi but he's doing his big boy wrestling job now and getting all of that aggression out in a healthy way and I hope it brings him peace. We love you, son.

Also seriously BRAY loving WYATT IS CHAMPION and I am stoked as hell, guys.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Samis booking will be the victim of The Trump Administration that will haunt me most

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Strawberry Panda posted:

He has heat backstage but by having heat he keeps getting featured on RAW and is winning matches so maybe he realizes the only way to get a push is to keep the heat on him backstage cause WWE is a crazy backwards company.

With Rollins gone he's the #2 fulltime babyface on Raw so he ain't going anywhere.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

The_Rob posted:

Homeboy is like 6'8. When you grow that tall you get stretch marks. I empathize.

Also was an offensive lineman so I imagine he was very fat. Corbin got 10x better when he started wearing a shirt.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kid on the left is me watching Raw.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Congressional Representative Seth Moulton recently stated that disgraced former National Security Advisor to the Trump Administration Michael Flynn's admission of speaking in secret to Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak regarding economic sanctions placed on Russia by former United States President Barack Obama (in response to the annexation of the Ukrainian territory of Crimea by the Russian Federation) could constitute treason if his actions amounted to conspiring with Russia against the interests of the United States or her allies.

The man in the image is actor Jeffrey Tambor, portraying the character George Bluth Sr. on the television series Arrested Development, who, having secretly built palaces for Sadam Hussein, downplayed the severity of what's considered a very serious offense by qualifying that "there's a good chance [he] may have committed some light treason".

The timing of tweeting the latter so soon after the former implies Sami Zayn was drawing a humorous parallel mocking the Trump administration's downplaying of the seriousness of Flynn's actions.

"Future endeavored" is a colloquialism referring to being released from a contract, alluding to the tendency of corporations' public statements announcing the termination of contracts to contain amicable language wishing the person whose contract is being terminated well in "future endeavors." Zayn is employed as an independent contractor for World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., an American publicly traded, privately controlled entertainment company owned and operated by the McMahon family, who are friends of President Trump, contributed to his campaign, and have obtained a position of executive power in his cabinet as Administrator of the Small Business Administration.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Honestly, it looks like they're putting Sami in Rollins' place during Fastlane, so if Sami and Tripsy have a good match at Wrestlemania, Vince might think 'holy poo poo, he looks strong, so I'll push him to the moon'

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Venomous posted:

Honestly, it looks like they're putting Sami in Rollins' place during Fastlane, so if Sami and Tripsy have a good match at Wrestlemania, Vince might think 'holy poo poo, he looks strong, so I'll push him to the moon'

And that's how HHHs 15th title run began

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Sami Zayn owns and I'm glad he gets to gently caress with the orange man

• Locked thread