Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Smeed posted:

You can ignore it and the issue will literally disappear from your life. And then you won't have to waste your time reporting and asking Blizzard to nanny the kind of behavior exhibited by children (a significant portion of blizzards customer base, I imagine) since the dawn of time.

CyberBullying Is Fuckign Retarded And Shows That Some People Dont Know How To Turn A loving Computer Screen Off Haha Come On Now

from this - https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285675739372728320?lang=en . That's an incredibly bad argument and you're just wrong that people should have to put up w/ abuse to play a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mute them or block them then. Holy poo poo get the gently caress over it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I cant believe that people are rude on the internet?? Hello??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If you get mad about getting chatbanned from Overwatch you should probably close the game, maybe turn on Netflix or something.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At least I'm assuming that's why anybody might be offended enough at the idea of reporting a jerk on the internet to go off on it for pages and pages.

If they're just being offended at someone else being offended by someone else then it's one of those times where they gotta step back and ask themselves why they've found themselves in that predicament.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
It's pretty sad that something as unsporting as "gg ez" became prolific enough for Blizzard to put a tongue-in-cheek wordfilter on it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Enallyniv posted:

It's pretty sad that something as unsporting as "gg ez" became prolific enough for Blizzard to put a tongue-in-cheek wordfilter on it.

Really? What is it?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Really? What is it?

It rotates through several different sayings.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Enallyniv posted:

the filter itself is perfect tho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh wait, is that where the stuff like "mommy says someone my age shouldn't wet the bed" comes from? I thought it was some chatbot thing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bleck posted:

I don't know what you mean.

they increased the splash damage of the rockets ages ago

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh wait, is that where the stuff like "mommy says someone my age shouldn't wet the bed" comes from? I thought it was some chatbot thing.
Nope it's a word filter.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Nihilarian posted:

:yeah:

RBA Starblade posted:

Yep that's the filter.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I think the filter is the perfect way to handle that stuff. It makes people without any sportsmanship look as stupid as they probably are and you don't have to ban people or actively police them.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Enallyniv posted:

Has anyone else has the experience lately of "gg ez" not even being used appropriately anymore? Like, when my team gets completely stomped I almost never see it, but then people will throw it out after winning a fairly close match where we pushed it almost to the third point on a payload and didn't quite get it all the way

It can't have been THAT ez for you buddy we pushed it right past the first two points

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
is there somewhere that has screenshots or videos of all the golden guns for different skins from a 1st person perspective? i'll finally have enough points at the end of this season to get one and I'm not sure which one I want. Torn between Zen/Lucio/Rein/Pharah but really I'd like to see all of them and pick if there's somewhere that has them all in one place

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Astroniomix posted:

Nope it's a word filter.

Holy crap, and here I though it was some meme about making you feel bad for being beaten by a kid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Enallyniv posted:

:yeah:

Yep that's the filter.

Beautiful.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Unbelievably White posted:

Holy crap, and here I though it was some meme about making you feel bad for being beaten by a kid

gently caress, you are dumb

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
What are we on now, Hook 2.5? Whatever it is, it sucks and I hate it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Finally, we have a Dadaist hero.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Nihilarian posted:

now people just say "2ez" or "raped"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Hargrimm posted:

What are we on now, Hook 2.5? Whatever it is, it sucks and I hate it.

If I were that McCree, I'd be tempted to jump down and type "hog just kill me that was bs"

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
The filter used to be funny but now people just use it all the time, because everyone's seen the filter enough that they know the other team knows exactly what they're trying to say anyway. It really doesn't matter to them that some filter regurgigates "Well played. I salute you all." on their behalf, because it's clear they're saying 'gg ez'.

Better choice now would be to make it eat what you say entirely when you try to say gg ez, ez, or any variation thereof, and if people say 'e z' or what have you to try and get around it, have it be a reportable offense (like how you can get banned for evading chat filters in other games). Problem solved.

Bleck posted:

You know how Junkrat (and Widowmaker's) movement abilities are slightly weighted so that they always land on viable spaces? They should use that to make it so that Junkrats mine-jumping towards a Pharah home in on her slightly, and if they get near enough, they grab ahold of her and just start bappin' her in the head while she panics. Yes!

Here it is, the best idea

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

The filter used to be funny but now people just use it all the time, because everyone's seen the filter enough that they know the other team knows exactly what they're trying to say anyway. It really doesn't matter to them that some filter regurgigates "Well played. I salute you all." on their behalf, because it's clear they're saying 'gg ez'.

Better choice now would be to make it eat what you say entirely when you try to say gg ez, ez, or any variation thereof, and if people say 'e z' or what have you to try and get around it, have it be a reportable offense (like how you can get banned for evading chat filters in other games). Problem solved.

Here it is, the best idea

It's 4 letters and not even a slur

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

ImPureAwesome posted:

It's 4 letters and not even a slur

Sure, but it's unsporting enough that even Blizzard saw fit to do something. It's a lovely, immature thing to say after a match, and tell me you've never felt even slightly irritated that four players on the enemy team instantly go "EEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ LOL" "KEK EZ" "gg ez"?

If you see enough of a problem to replace it with a filter, and that filter becomes useless, the next step is to remove it entirely.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I haven't been able to play a single game during the Year of the Cock event. Did the game fork over a free loot box for the event when it started that when I do get to log in next month I'll at least be able to snag?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think you get the free event box unless you logged in during the event

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Sure, but it's unsporting enough that even Blizzard saw fit to do something. It's a lovely, immature thing to say after a match, and tell me you've never felt even slightly irritated that four players on the enemy team instantly go "EEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ LOL" "KEK EZ" "gg ez"?

If you see enough of a problem to replace it with a filter, and that filter becomes useless, the next step is to remove it entirely.

It's pretty easy to ignore for me I'd usually rather think about what I could have done better that match

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I spam the chat filter win, lose or draw.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Whenever someone says gg ez I just remember stuff like Combat EX from BroodWar and smile (at their immaturity):

https://youtu.be/0dqYxpxegrk

EDIT: I guess I'm "immune" to poo poo talk because I hear all of it in Combat-EX's voice.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 15, 2017

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Hello thread, what is the best way to make sure d.va's ult does good things for my team?

thank you in advance

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
figure out which direction you want them to run, then figure out where you need to put it to get them to run that way.don't worry about killing ppl

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Up Circle posted:

Hello thread, what is the best way to make sure d.va's ult does good things for my team?

thank you in advance

I usually use it to counter whatever ult I think is the most devastating.

Or with CC.

Also play around with when you should jump out after sending it flying to mess with people. One of the best D.V.A ults I've had was on Volskaya B where I jumped out near the end of my boost and it ended with a teamkill right on the point after everyone ran for vertical cover.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 15, 2017

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Up Circle posted:

thank you in advance

Sling it in the air at such an absurd angle that by the time everyone looks up to try and figure out where the gently caress it even is, they're already dead.

:catstare:

citation: every bullshit DVA ult I've been on the receiving end of

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Up Circle posted:

thank you in advance

combo it with another ult that stops people from getting away. earthshatter, blizzard, and graviton surge are all good for this

alternatively you can use it to stall for time by keeping the enemy team off a point for a few seconds

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

alternatively you can use it to stall for time by keeping the enemy team off a point for a few seconds

Yeah this. It's really good when, say, they're about to get the payload to a point (or YOU'RE about to get the payload to a point) and you're about to go into overtime and need everyone off the point, NOW. Just slam dunk your ult on it and they have no choice but to run for the hills.

The slinging-your-payload-into-the-air is good for that as well since it makes it harder to take cover when it's exploding in the sky.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

don't put it right on the payload if the other team can get to it because that lets you hide from the explosion by crouching behind the payload itself. the los breaks for self destruct are a little wonky

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
It's funny watching people attempt to tea bag your body now and not realise the crouch spam was tweaked. Oh you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i dont think they care that crouch spam was nerfed