Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I have gotta watch these movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah I have to rewatch the original because I don't remember anything about real wizards, and then watch the sequel.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Scudworth posted:

I have gotta watch these movies.

they're really entertaining and also incredibly dumb

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Leospeare posted:

The part at the end of Now You See Me, where The Gruffalo says "Magic is really real, come be wizards with me", is in a mid- or post-credits scene, which I'm guessing is why about half of the reactions to Griffin's spoiler are "WTF I don't remember that" and the other half are "Oh yeah, that did happen."

I remember it being immediately before the credits but it's also an incredibly forgettable film overall.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Don't really dig the idea that magicians and wizards are friends. I feel like there's an unexplored rivalry there.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Reading Mary Smirl's revealing stories from the past on the Still Buffering page and I just found out Travis and Tey constantly fought when they were younger to the point where one of them got their foot run over at a gas station.

I don't know how these families are real.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did anyone watch the Livestream?
I'm at work until after it is over.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's not for another hour.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Do I have to have a seeso account to watch the premiere? Or is it only on Facebook

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

zimbomonkey posted:

Do I have to have a seeso account to watch the premiere? Or is it only on Facebook

It's on Facebook Live.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
im excited for this show to be really good and if not to lie about it so i don't hurt their feelings

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Stream is live now, and free: https://www.facebook.com/seesotv

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
They've got the promo image up before the stream starts, and man, they photoshopped Justin to hell. He looks about 20 pounds thinner than any time I've seen him recently.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Show just started

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
MOTHERFUCKING TARANTULA EPISODE HELL YEAH

I love those little spider puppers so goddamn much

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Blast off into cybersex

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Joe Biden

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

We've been hacked

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Guys this show is actually good

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Promo episode trip report: It's familiar, but not too familiar, but not too not familiar :q:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't do a hit!

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
that was very funny. you can tell how nervous they were to be doing TV, but the jokes still land just as well as on the podcast.

my favourite was justin not being able to blackmail the mayor without cracking up at himself.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That was loving great, honestly.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

That was really good and now I'm bummed there's only 6 episodes.

Also where was my final yahoo??

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Think 20k views will convince Seeso that this was a good great idea?

Also lol at photoshopped Justin. That was probably the most bizarre aspect of this preview

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Man, Facebook live videos are annoying. I missed the start of the episode because it for stuck on the promo image, and I only realized it had started from the comments. Then I didn't realize they were using an entirely separate live video for the Q&A till they cut off the episode live stream.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

That was really good. The live q&a is laggy as all gently caress though.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
"Unscripted Nathan For You" is probably the perfect way to describe this show

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm gonna go out and buy a rancho right now.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The best line was "I just had an interesting thought: actually, gently caress this."

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I think that if you're a fan of The Brothers McElroy you probably enjoyed that episode; I know I did. I think it was a very honest distillation of the MBMBaM podcast. In fact, I think that even if I didn't know who they were previously I still probably would have liked it.

Martian Manfucker posted:

that was very funny. you can tell how nervous they were to be doing TV, but the jokes still land just as well as on the podcast.

my favourite was justin not being able to blackmail the mayor without cracking up at himself.

Agree and agree. That was the funniest part for me too

Maybe it's just because I'm a newer fan, but I've never seen/heard any of the brothers get legitimately mad at one another the way that Travis did with Justin at the beginning. It was interesting that they chose to put that in the beginning of their first episode. Maybe to make them seem more brotherly?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

timp posted:

I think that if you're a fan of The Brothers McElroy you probably enjoyed that episode; I know I did. I think it was a very honest distillation of the MBMBaM podcast. In fact, I think that even if I didn't know who they were previously I still probably would have liked it.

Agree and agree. That was the funniest part for me too

Maybe it's just because I'm a newer fan, but I've never seen/heard any of the brothers get legitimately mad at one another the way that Travis did with Justin at the beginning. It was interesting that they chose to put that in the beginning of their first episode. Maybe to make them seem more brotherly?

They don't get actually mad ever and even when they do I'm still not 100% sure they're not just extremely dedicated to pretending to fight for a goof.

The only other time I think of is the infamous Gushie Tapes when Travis and Griffin really got into it about whether or not a character named Gushie existed on Quantum Leap and they ended up having to cut it out of the show

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Ranchos are the hot, new, SAFE toy that kids won't eat! Because, yesterday President LBJ rose above the prejudice of millennia! Dan, Alex, this is yours!!?

https://m.facebook.com/therealranchos/

Serf
May 5, 2011

purple death ray posted:

They don't get actually mad ever and even when they do I'm still not 100% sure they're not just extremely dedicated to pretending to fight for a goof.

The only other time I think of is the infamous Gushie Tapes when Travis and Griffin really got into it about whether or not a character named Gushie existed on Quantum Leap and they ended up having to cut it out of the show

One day we will hear the Gushie Tapes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

pee out my butt posted:

I'm gonna go out and buy a rancho right now.

Many ranchos are very docile and are only slightly more high maintenance than a pet rock.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

purple death ray posted:

The tone in Travis's voice when he said "Don't you ever do that again" was pretty genuine. The way they explained it as not enough to create tension between brothers but enough to create tension between coworkers sounds about right.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

timp posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm a newer fan, but I've never seen/heard any of the brothers get legitimately mad at one another the way that Travis did with Justin at the beginning.

As mentioned, The Gushie Tapes episode
http://www.maximumfun.org/my-brother-my-brother-and-me/mbmbam-278-gushie-tapes

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Welp, guess I'm gonna have to get a Seeso subscription.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is from a 1987 guide called "How To Win At Super Mario Bros" but I'm 99% sure it was actually written by Griffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What a good, good mushroom boy.