Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
This will forever be the best thing Dooph has ever been associated with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbtVL5Wej4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what a loving dumbass way to carry the ic belt.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

honestly i think its because people care more about the spot than the people involved. put someone they give a poo poo about in crews' position and I'd bet you they wouldn't cheer

Like in general I can understand the reaction to chairshots themselves because they're exciting and just kinda own. The "fit a leg into a chair and go to town on it" stuff is a different beast entirely and when I see cheers for it I just get kinda weirded out because it doesn't have any of the things that make chairshots cool.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

For what it's worth the guy next to me at the Seattle show last week had to ask if Ziggler was heel or not so that may play into it a little as well.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

tnx

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Oh Snapple! posted:

Like in general I can understand the reaction to chairshots themselves because they're exciting and just kinda own. The "fit a leg into a chair and go to town on it" stuff is a different beast entirely and when I see cheers for it I just get kinda weirded out because it doesn't have any of the things that make chairshots cool.

and i agree its the lamest thing you can do with a chair but apollo and kallisto are even lamer than that

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Apologize to The Club.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senerio posted:

Apologize to The Club.

Only if they keep the Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds gimmick.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and i agree its the lamest thing you can do with a chair but apollo and kallisto are even lamer than that

...god, what a fuckup

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Dolph Ziggler was now literally perpetrated by people within our own government.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DoctorGonzo posted:

Kofi did it better.

Seems like Dolph is the one who should have gotten all the backstage heat that Miz did early in his career. He's like everything people thought Miz would be.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think anybody, least of all Sami is gonna get heat for talking poo poo about Trump. There's been no indication that the company is punishing people for it and disciplining/firing a guy with Syrian heritage for being against Trump strikes me as the kinda thing that could really REALLY blow up in WWE's face in a bad PR way.

The only thing Sami got backstage heat for, he kinda deserved and that's coming from Sami Zayn Fan Numero Uno.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

I don't think anybody, least of all Sami is gonna get heat for talking poo poo about Trump. There's been no indication that the company is punishing people for it and disciplining/firing a guy with Syrian heritage for being against Trump strikes me as the kinda thing that could really REALLY blow up in WWE's face in a bad PR way.

The only thing Sami got backstage heat for, he kinda deserved and that's coming from Sami Zayn Fan Numero Uno.

Wait, when did we find out what it was for? What'd he do?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching Beyond the Mat and god drat Vince is crazy.

Puke debuted on WWE tv?

Its great to see young Russo and Cornette.

Edit: And young Heyman!

Edit2: drat is sad to see Foley right now.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 16, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wait, when did we find out what it was for? What'd he do?

He bitched about somebody on 205 Live using the Blue Thunder Bomb.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He bitched about somebody on 205 Live using the Blue Thunder Bomb.

UK Tournament, actually. The WWE twitter tagged him in with a clip of somebody using the BTB and he said "Why innovate when you can create?"

It was a really snotty off-message tweet during a new product that WWE was trying to give a big push and is further underscored by the fact that he didn't invent the Blue Thunder Bomb. It was just a bad look for him and tbh he kinda deserved a rap on the knuckles for it. And it only equated to him looking like a dork in a couple backstage segments - it didn't affect his actual push or his in-ring results at all.

I will say one other thing about Sami - he's fought Rusev twice now and both times it was relatively nothing TV matches where Rusev got heat for a long time and Sami Outta Nowhered him with the Helluva Kick to get the pin, which is a drat waste of those two. If Sami does somehow get the US Belt, I really hope he has an extended feud with Handsome Rusev.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That's really stupid and petty of Zayn. I hate it when wrestlers do that. It was funny when Regal called Jericho out over it when Jericho did it to Dawson (though tbf Jericho was only responding to Dawson doing the same).

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Watching Beyond the Mat and god drat Vince is crazy.

Puke debuted on WWE tv?

Its great to see young Russo and Cornette.

Edit: And young Heyman!

Edit2: drat is sad to see Foley right now.

That makes you lose a lot of respect for Foley. Why would he have his kids there for that? Even if everything went as it was planned and Foley only got hit with a chair 4 times, that was all it took to make his family cry. They were already leaving after the 3rd or 4th chair shot.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Raskolnikov38 posted:

honestly i think its because people care more about the spot than the people involved. put someone they give a poo poo about in crews' position and I'd bet you they wouldn't cheer

Nah. They've been cheering every heel move Ziggler has made lately. Maybe it is partially due to the faces not being cared about, but I think it's more about people wanting to see someone gently caress poo poo up no matter who the target is.

I said it a few weeks back but the Smackdown crowd's bloodlust makes me think of old ECW crowds.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Foley is carny as hell. If he could he would be still taking insane bumps.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Every day I wake up and realize I live in a world where Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho are not friends.

If they aren't friends, what chance do any of us have? What hope do we have? Why go on living?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The crowd was chanting "Thank you Ziggler" at Elimination Chamber after he chair pummeled Apollo. I didn't think Crews was *that* disliked

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mom

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Phoenix is a racist city

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I butt typed this weird

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
I was surrounded by people at the Seattle show last week just cheering Ziggler beating on Crews, including one guy screaming about Kallisto being a little kid that shouldn't be in the ring. There are always assholes everywhere sure but I was still a little sad for my city

Wait am I arguing that people should be more mark-ish suddenly or less

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

People who cheer Ziggler are in a weird bad spot between marks who cheer faces and smarks who cheer for good wrestlers.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

MFW I got the whole world in my hands

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Awww, he looks so happy. :)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The new face of fear

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Gulak vs Metalik on 205 live ruled.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Baron Corbyn posted:

People who cheer Ziggler are in a weird bad spot between marks who cheer faces and smarks who cheer for good wrestlers.
Someone in line for the ROH show I was at legit thought that Ziggler vs Sami would have been the Ricky Steamboat vs Macho Man and make that Survivor Series a GOAT show.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Face swap please.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

It's neat how Bray's evolved his look through the years

RIP party shirts

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Phoenix is a racist city

That's what I assumed, but then Naomi got 'you deserve it' chants. Whatsupwitdat? I still don't know what was going on with the crowd for the handicap match.

Also this might be a pretty unique and controversial opinion, but Dolph Ziggler sucks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wait now didnt everyone here love Dolph last time he was supposed to be a heel and cashed in on ADR

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/17381979077

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

*in an extremely Luke Harper voice*

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

• Locked thread