Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dexo posted:

you are misreading the white hair. It's not old person white hair, it's person who will be "evil" white hair.

Anybody who had their first sexual awakening watching Dr. Blight in Captain Planet knows white hair means more than just old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Zore posted:

Isn't Cora like Ryder's dad's age?

It might just be the white hair, but her design screams 'older mentor' not 'bang buddy'.

Well, all of the characters are over a thousand years old or whatever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mass Effect is my favorite anime.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Zore posted:

Isn't Cora like Ryder's dad's age?

It might just be the white hair, but her design screams 'older mentor' not 'bang buddy'.
She's the Tilda Swinton of the team, would bang.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
guy from Silicon Valley is playing someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-57qulMCE

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FjEF1p_G4

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pattonesque posted:

Oh my god Kumail's gonna be a salarian :swoon:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Oh my god Kumail's gonna be a salarian :swoon:

He's not the pilot but I guess is someone else?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

I think an episode of Silicon Valley literally called the Mass Effect 3 Endings awful so good to see Bioware agreeing now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Launch IMAX Showing on March 17 for Extra Life Edmonton

https://www.onlinebookings.edmontonscience.com/Selection.aspx?item=2419&sch=449439

Mass Effect: Andromeda Showcase

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 7:00 PM
Running Time: 3 hours
Presented by Extra Life and TELUS World of Science Edmonton, with support from Bioware catch an exclusive sneak peek of Bioware s newest entry into the award winning Mass Effect franchise like you ve never seen before in the IMAX Theatre on Alberta s largest screen!
Mass Effect Andromeda will take players far beyond the boundaries of the Milky Way Galaxy into the unknown realms of the Andromeda galaxy. Become a Pathfinder and lead humanities search for a new home.
After the presentation there will also be the chance to play some of your favorite games in the IMAX.

Regardless of how you feel about Mass Effect, playing a game on an IMAX must be sick.

quote:

Vaaron Hunter ‏@savetheking96
@courtneywoods I heard you wrote Reyes? Is this true?

Courtney Woods‏@courtneywoods
@savetheking96 This is true! :)

We still haven't actually met Reyes, but somehow fan-detectives have figured out who wrote him/her. Courtney Woods was a writer on DAI: Descent.

quote:

Tal Peleg ‏@the_Ur_Quan
Today was my last day on @masseffect. Proud & grateful to be part of it; it's banging. Formally joining the new-IP after some good time off!

Sounds like development is wrapping up and they'll be going gold soon. And the new IP is supposed to launch something like March of next year.

And then there's this:

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/831749296647188480

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

marshmallow creep posted:

Regardless of how you feel about Mass Effect, playing a game on an IMAX must be sick.

MMMMmmmm, yeah. Gotta love them upscaled graphics.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Drifter posted:

MMMMmmmm, yeah. Gotta love them upscaled graphics.

In their defense the raw source assets might have a resolution suitable for Imax that they then scale down for the disc/digital release package.

Edit: well more suitable anyway.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 15, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Oh man I'm looking forward to seeing more of this game.I hope they show some more of the open-world stuff.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Pops Mgee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjB_1lzbOw

Game needs more Farscape alums besides Claudia Black.
Yes, but also

Pops Mgee posted:

Game needs more Claudia Black.
She's one of my favourite voice actresses, and I dream of one day playing a game where she voices the main character.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Why can't we have a Farscape rpg?
God, I wish. Let CDProjekt Red do it after Cyberbunk 2077. It might even come out before I die of old age.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

BexGu posted:

That's a shame, cause a female Krogan teammate would give a nice and different perspective of the species/genophage to interact with.

please no, no more genophage poo poo and no more quarian/geth tensions after three games where the plots ended one way or another

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
They mentioned they'd have a plot reason why the genophage wasn't an issue anymore

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pattonesque posted:

They mentioned they'd have a plot reason why the genophage wasn't an issue anymore

I'd figure the thousands of years of travel with an AI that has nothing to do but monitor life support systems could spare some clock cycles to come up with a Cure for the Genophage.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pattonesque posted:

My guess would be someone born off Tuchanka evolved an immunity and they struck out to Andromeda with their clan. The whole thing with Mordin was that they had to continually modify the Genophage because the Krogan kept biologically developing a way around it, and that only worked to infect the ones on Tuchanka.

Done, no more Genophage in Andromeda and they can handwave any bullshit like lower birthrates or whatever if they don't want to make Krogan imperialism a thing.

Dexo posted:

I'd figure the thousands of years of travel with an AI that has nothing to do but monitor life support systems could spare some clock cycles to come up with a Cure for the Genophage.

Its only been 600 years.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

Turns out all you gotta do is put a krogan in cryosleep for 500 years. Mordin died for nothing!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Didn't the Genophage just reduce the Krogan birthrate down the same level as everyone else, with the idea that without it they would develop out of their imperialist, warlike ways?

But the way it reduced it was making almost all of their births stillborn, so they all became fatalists and didn't give a poo poo anymore about their future?

Maybe the Krogran who came aboard the AI are the ones who will try to rebuild their future with the Genophage?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zore posted:

My guess would be someone born off Tuchanka evolved an immunity and they struck out to Andromeda with their clan. The whole thing with Mordin was that they had to continually modify the Genophage because the Krogan kept biologically developing a way around it, and that only worked to infect the ones on Tuchanka.

Done, no more Genophage in Andromeda and they can handwave any bullshit like lower birthrates or whatever if they don't want to make Krogan imperialism a thing.

Its only been 600 years.

We both know the real answer will be "The Relic artifacts fix it"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SgtSteel91 posted:

Didn't the Genophage just reduce the Krogan birthrate down the same level as everyone else, with the idea that without it they would develop out of their imperialist, warlike ways?

But the way it reduced it was making almost all of their births stillborn, so they all became fatalists and didn't give a poo poo anymore about their future?

Maybe the Krogran who came aboard the AI are the ones who will try to rebuild their future with the Genophage?

Basically yeah. Krogan can give birth to 1000 infants a year, and the Genophage made it so only 1/1000 births were live which theoretically placed their survival rate at the pre-industrial Krogan survival rate.

The issue was the Krogan still kept killing each other because they're all afflicted with the blood rage and Krogan culture is all kinds of hosed up so without their insane birthrate and all the stillborns they shattered. Remember at one point they had a functioning society then nuked themselves to oblivion, all the Krogan who survived have a medical condition called the blood rage that would have had them locked in a mental institution during their peak and then the Salarians rolled in and uplifted them to space.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 15, 2017

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Mass Effect: Andromeda - this thread is the cloaca

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zore posted:

Basically yeah. Krogan can give birth to 1000 infants a year, and the Genophage made it so only 1/1000 births were live which theoretically placed their survival rate at the pre-industrial Krogan survival rate.

The issue was the Krogan still kept killing each other because they're all afflicted with the blood rage and Krogan culture is all kinds of hosed up so without their insane birthrate and all the stillborns they shattered. Remember at one point they had a functioning society then nuked themselves to oblivion, all the Krogan who survived have a medical condition called the blood rage that would have had them locked in a mental institution during their peak and then the Salarians rolled in and uplifted them to space.

Basically the Krogan are a mess as a species and probably can't realistically coexist with other life sans Genophage. hosed up but true.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

exquisite tea posted:

I'm worried that nobody on the Andromeda team will capture the core of what made the combat loop in ME3 so satisfying and instead devote all their time and efforts to characters shouting out memes in the heat of battle.

Pfft. I don't see why you'd ever think that's a problem. Why, don't we just look at the Bioware Facebook page to make it clear that everything will be just fi-

oh

oh no

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I would read that novel cover to cover :3:

Trast posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda - this thread is the cloaca

Bram Stoker's Cloacula

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

There is no company that understands it's fanbase better than Bioware.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I dunno, they pissed off a lot of fans by closing their forums

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It seems like basically every character they've revealed so far will have a romance plot except for your family members and maybe the krogan

I swear to god I'm canceling my preorder if I can't romance a krogan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

I dunno, they pissed off a lot of fans by closing their forums

They understand their fanbase well enough to know that they dont want to deal with them.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
in this game u will not only bang a krogan u will see it give birth to 1000 ryders

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Huge boost to the war effort in ME:A 3

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Can't wait to go to bone town with Drack

I call hanging out with him "going to bone town" because of all the bones all over his armour

And then there's the loving

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is there anything in particular happening in NYC this week?

quote:

Mac Walters ‏@macwalterslives
Quick stop in Toronto... the on to NYC to meet the press and demo some #Andromeda. #ExplorersWanted

edit:

quote:

Destin Legarie ‏@destinlegarie
So today was fun... look for our coverage soon :)
(IGN)

Oh, I see.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 16, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The fan art community is great :3:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

Mass Effect: "Throwing out all the lore issues from Mass Effect" Andromeda

-Genophage? Cured.

-Weapon Manufactures? Build your own guns that'll probably be better than those pesky companies who spent years refining their trade.

-All AI eventually turning on their masters and becoming murderous? It's cool, we're just going to ignore that.

-Limited to certain skills after thousands of hours of training and specialization? Naw its cool, AI fixes that issue, mix n' match baby.

-Hate the ground? Jetpacks finally invented despite the hero of the universe 'Shepard' never getting one to jump over some small rear end gaps.

-Tired of humanoids from this star cluster? New bangable humanoids in a different one!

-Asari? Eyebrows added for all the fetishists we missed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Wait, I'm way behind on character bullshit. Is Cora not your boss? If so, why is she a squadmate?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Cora is your father's second in command, but obviously something happens with your father that removes him as Pathfinder and for some reason it doesn't go to Cora then but to you. Nobody knows what actually goes down with that yet though.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Lycus posted:

Wait, I'm way behind on character bullshit. Is Cora not your boss? If so, why is she a squadmate?

She's the Pathfinder's XO and becomes your XO when you take over as Pathfinder.

She's not the same person as Jien Garson, the commander of the project and the Nexus if that's who you're getting her mixed up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

She's technically second-in-command, right after DadRyder in the line of succession for being the Pathfinder. But for whatever reasons that we haven't been shown or told yet, the player gets that promotion instead. My best guess is that she either screws up big time and that's what kills DadRyder, or she gets a brief chance during the game's prologue and just can't hack it.

E: gently caress, too slow! :negative: