Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
My emblem has autism. Like me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Darkmoon2k posted:

My emblem has autism. Like me!

I went with a similar theme

I'm upset there is no way to put this on shields.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm upset there is no way to put this on shields.

This seems like a huge oversight to me.

Or... maybe not?

Dick shields and swastikas saucers everywhere!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Goofy face emblems are the best.

Another Valk problem; her emblem is on her shoulder instead of the shield. How can you miss such an obvious placement for it?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The thing is that making them stamina starved doesn't really do anything. Even when they're out of stamina they can block, parry and dodge your slow attacks, charges and long arm.

I'm sorry but you're just wrong here. Being out of stamina sucks and makes you very vulnerable.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Dreylad posted:

It's like they meant to give Valk bleed but forgot to put it in.

Not saying the fix to her is to give her more bleeds.

She actually did have bleed in one of the Tech Tests.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
She still has a bleed. It just requires you to pull off an impossible deflect. So she basically doesn't have one.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
4v4 'elimination' is incredibly unfun garbage and has some of the absolute worst players I've seen in this game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Darkmoon2k posted:

She still has a bleed. It just requires you to pull off an impossible deflect. So she basically doesn't have one.

Fun fact: This can be blocked. I'm not sure how, but I actually managed to land the deflect and strong attack combo and the guy blocked it anyways.

panda clue posted:

4v4 'elimination' is incredibly unfun garbage and has some of the absolute worst players I've seen in this game.

Its a fun way to gently caress around but its easily the least serious and balanced format. But the salt that flows from it is immense. I dunno why people select 4v4 if they want 1v1 honor duels.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 16, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

panda clue posted:

If the founding fathers were here they would find this truth to be self evident!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well valkyrie dodge counter isn't the best, but turns out you can option select it so that's handy. Dodge and hit light and heavy attack at same time, if you got the counter goes right into bleed attack, if you missed the window but still dodged you go into the dodge-light attack.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
When your only tool is a Dane Axe, every problem starts to look like a Saxon.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Its a fun way to gently caress around but its easily the least serious and balanced format. But the salt that flows from it is immense. I dunno why people select 4v4 if they want 1v1 honor duels.

This is fine and great, until they fill up my daily orders with this bullshit mode.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the revenge system in this game is so loving garbage.

evening a 2v1 should not give the person im attacking more revenge, what the gently caress.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

7c Nickel posted:

I'm sorry but you're just wrong here. Being out of stamina sucks and makes you very vulnerable.

Being out of stamina sucks but it doesn't make you as vulnerable as you'd expect. You can still defend almost as effectively as with stamina. It only really stops you from being offensive. Lawbringer is still so slow that he can't really capitalise on the enemy being out of stamina unless the enemy is bad. A good player is just going to tech your GB every time stamina or not.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

A good player is just going to tech your GB every time stamina or not.

Not if you properly feint into a guardbreak. Yeah, good players are gonna counter the gimmies every time, and you eventually have to get smart with how you work in attacks.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

Found another for the lovely opinion pile.

Exhaustion is not punishing. Full stop.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

Not if you properly feint into a guardbreak. Yeah, good players are gonna counter the gimmies every time, and you eventually have to get smart with how you work in attacks.

Eh I'm really bad and I'm already getting matched with people who can counter GB on reaction 100%, some of whom I even still beat because they're otherwise even worse than me

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Found another for the lovely opinion pile.

Exhaustion is not punishing. Full stop.

Good argument!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
If you play perfectly you win is both true and utterly meaningless.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god all this clicking in the menus lol, i'm going insane :negative:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU5bIalbnc

Something to be aware of if you're streaming this game, if someone recognizes you they can potentially work out what your public facing IP is if you're in the same game. For that matter so could some butt hurt rear end in a top hat who just so happens to really hold a grudge.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I think I'm done with Valk until she either gets changed or someone posts some amazing video that enlightens me on how to combo with her. Every time I try her I can't do any damage because she can't combo off her disruptions and when I try to chain my light attacks I get blocked or worse, parried. Its frustrating.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
PS4 community is up.

Honoraburu like Jeff K

It's private, so make sure there's something in your PSN profile so I can approve you.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The gently caress is flawless about dying 5 times in a match that goes to a maximum of 5 rounds?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Two questions;

1: Apparently you can get blue and epic gear in this? When does that start popping up?
2: Any tips for feinting attacks? I'm so trash at it, both mentally and physically.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

panda clue posted:

Yeah but feinting doesn't guarantee a GB. You can catch people out sometimes but for the most part as Lawbringer your successes rely on the enemy loving up, not you doing something well :ohdear:

Dongattack posted:

Two questions;

1: Apparently you can get blue and epic gear in this? When does that start popping up?
2: Any tips for feinting attacks? I'm so trash at it, both mentally and physically.

You get blue gear drops after you prestige and it starts at level 7. Epics maybe 2/3? Not sure. I don't think there's really any tips for feinting other than just practice. You gotta hit it almost straight away after the heavy :shobon:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Dongattack posted:

Blues at around prestige 1, dunno about purps.

Dongattack posted:

Practice!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

panda clue posted:

Blues at around prestige 1, dunno about purps.

Nice!

Noooo, my nemesis!

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yeah but feinting doesn't guarantee a GB. You can catch people out sometimes but for the most part as Lawbringer your successes rely on the enemy loving up, not you doing something well :ohdear:

Fair, that might be true for Lawbringer, but Warden at least has some really nasty mixups to get a good guardbreak in (particularly, his dash->hit->dash->feint->gb combo). I'm sure most other characters have tricky ways to get them in as well.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Dongattack posted:

Noooo, my nemesis!

Probably isn't a lot available at the moment, but also watching youtubes or streams/vods of other good players playing to figure out how they use feints to get into the heads of people. A lot of the better players explain why they are doing things as they do them as well.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

panda clue posted:

Fair, that might be true for Lawbringer, but Warden at least has some really nasty mixups to get a good guardbreak in (particularly, his dash->hit->dash->feint->gb combo). I'm sure most other characters have tricky ways to get them in as well.

Oh for sure I've had a guy quit after I 50/50'd them to death from full HP. A good warden is almost unstoppable.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

panda clue posted:

Good argument!

7c Nickel posted:

If you play perfectly you win is both true and utterly meaningless.

It really has nothing to do with playing perfectly, and I said nothing about that anyway. Unless you have a particularly bad round, exhaustion is not that bad. Yeah, you're right, SOMETIMES you get caught out or aren't quick enough. This doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of the time you can work around it without much trouble. I get that having thick skulls makes this difficult to understand, but something happening sometimes doesn't make it particularly relevant.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
Has anyone encountered the error with a steam controller where you get kicked due to inactivity? I have tried all the fixes easily found on google but I'm still getting the issue.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I get that having thick skulls makes this difficult to understand, but something happening sometimes doesn't make it particularly relevant.

Man you are trying way too hard to be an edgelord and you're just coming off as a moronic jackass. No one thinks you're clever for attaching unfunny insults to each of your posts. Don't speak in stupid absolutes if you don't want to get called out; there are obviously situations where someone can seriously punish you if you're stamina is drained.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Are the servers stable now? I kept disconnecting at the end of matches and it was pissing me off.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I was playing just fine yesterday and earlier today, but suddenly the game takes forever to start, and when it does, it freezes for like 30 seconds to a minute at a time. I'd blame it on updating my nvidia drivers, but I played just fine for awhile after installing them before this problem cropped up.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah I think I'm done with Valk until she either gets changed or someone posts some amazing video that enlightens me on how to combo with her. Every time I try her I can't do any damage because she can't combo off her disruptions and when I try to chain my light attacks I get blocked or worse, parried. Its frustrating.

Yeah as she stands, as someone who plays kensei/raider/nobushi mostly in the beta, valk has to work twice as hard as everyone else for the same results. The expanded repertoire is nice and all but damage too low, stam costs too high.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

panda clue posted:

Man you are trying way too hard to be an edgelord and you're just coming off as a moronic jackass. No one thinks you're clever for attaching unfunny insults to each of your posts. Don't speak in stupid absolutes if you don't want to get called out; there are obviously situations where someone can seriously punish you if you're stamina is drained.

the only situations where being out of stamina matters is when you are on the offense while starved for stamina, which, surprise, you should not do, not least of all because defense is massively favored to offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Is there a PS4 group?