Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tae posted:

Wait, what happened to double dragon week

was that another billy mistake

dammit bimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Some people don't like her because SJW stuff. Some people don't like her because she's transgendered.

Strangely, these groups have a nearly 1:1 overlap!

She's a great guest, people are just lovely.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The ending of today's Darksouls episode in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man there is just not one thing that is interesting about For Honor

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Oh, Pat...

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/831973934799187968
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/831975715037990913

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tae posted:

Wait, what happened to double dragon week

was that another billy mistake

It's probably just taking place of all the one-offs this week, so we'll get like 3-4 videos tops.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

There goes another 500 dollars on a game he'll probably play for two weeks at most and then never touch again.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TaurusOxford posted:

There goes another 500 dollars on a game he'll probably play for two weeks at most and then never touch again.

Better there than on chocolate oranges

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

TaurusOxford posted:

To be fair, this time it's a game he's actually good at. I give him 4 weeks at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I love that they're abusing billy powers already.

edit: Pat, why would you not tell him about the Sen Bonfire

Tae fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 15, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I know Pat is trying to stay hands off and let Woolie play the game as much as he can on his own, but come on. Sen's Fortress is the one area of the game where it's okay to guide him more. He missed like, half the fortress INCLUDING the game's first mimic. :argh:

Buckets posted:

The ending of today's Darksouls episode in a nutshell:

I think that jump was what Pat meant as the fire-axe moment.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it is good that he is not telling him where things are.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dexie posted:

I know Pat is trying to stay hands off and let Woolie play the game as much as he can on his own, but come on. Sen's Fortress is the one area of the game where it's okay to guide him more. He missed like, half the fortress INCLUDING the game's first mimic. :argh:

Uh, Sen's Fortress is the one area where he should be as hands off as possible. The area is completely defanged once you know what's going on.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
For Honor is good but the matchmaking sucks and I can kinda feel it won't get the same love that Titanfall 2 will/does in terms of content and updates. Shoving people off narrow ledges to their doom owns though.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pat is telling him about all the other paths he missed anyway so rest assured he will get karate chopped by the chest

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sen's fortress is the dark souls equivalent of a midterm. We need to see if woolie has retained game mechanics that pat has almost definitely muddled.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New channel is called The Woolie Hole calling it now

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Tae posted:

I love that they're abusing billy powers already.

edit: Pat, why would you not tell him about the Sen Bonfire

That was a really good episode and I am so so glad that Pat kept his mouth shut. Woolie's actually getting the intended Sen's experience. If he finds that bonfire for himself he is going to be so happy.

Grouchio posted:

Okay so what's the story with Laura Kate Dale? A bunch of people are skipping today's podcast so something must be up.

She used to be he which is icky and might make you gay if you like her voice.

Edit: Ohh, yeah. Those youtube comments are exactly what I was expecting.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 16, 2017

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Rodyle posted:

New channel is called The Woolie Hole calling it now

It took me until the end of the discussion, but yeah this is what I landed on too for my guess.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

She used to be he which is icky and might make you gay if you like her voice.

Edit: Ohh, yeah. Those youtube comments are exactly what I was expecting.

I've been listening to the podcast a bit at a time and I find their voice grating more than anything, and I'd never even heard of them before this. Unless they drag some dumb poo poo into the podcast itself though, I ain't gonna skip it due to a slightly hard on my ears guest.

Also holy poo poo I'm a bit behind in Parasite Eve 2 and catching up tonight and I really hope Pat takes some of the advice Woolie is putting out there, his refusal to use special ammo and health items is gonna make the last stretch of the game painful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Overlord K posted:

I've been listening to the podcast a bit at a time and I find their voice grating more than anything, and I'd never even heard of them before this. Unless they drag some dumb poo poo into the podcast itself though, I ain't gonna skip it due to a slightly hard on my ears guest.

Uh, are you listening to last week's episode or something?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I too am very afraid that the scary translady is going to bring her POLITICS (of existing) into my video game podcast but I GUESS I can tolerate a soft English countryside accent UGH

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ok maybe I'm really old school cause I only played the SNES games but talking Bombermam is weirding me out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEyK9fvSJ6M

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rodyle posted:

I too am very afraid that the scary translady is going to bring her POLITICS (of existing) into my video game podcast but I GUESS I can tolerate a soft English countryside accent UGH

Thank god we have heroes like jontron who go on skeezy political podcasts in our stead.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

CaptainFish posted:

It took me until the end of the discussion, but yeah this is what I landed on too for my guess.

It's maddentown

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Thank god we have heroes like jontron who go on skeezy political podcasts in our stead.

truly, the unsung shitbag of our time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did billy gently caress up again and tonight's video was already uploaded earlier

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Did billy gently caress up again and tonight's video was already uploaded earlier

If he did he hosed it up on the website too. There may just not be one tonight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
According to Twitter he just messed up.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i like how goons think it's the trans stuff that people care about and not the fact that she's a lying sensationalist who acts high and mighty about being right when she's wrong about a lot of other things

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Futaba Anzu posted:

i like how goons think it's the trans stuff that people care about and not the fact that she's a lying sensationalist who acts high and mighty about being right when she's wrong about a lot of other things

Given half the youtube comments are making sure to explicitly use he/him instead of she/her it kind of points to the trans thing and the typical gamergate "ETHICS IN GAMES JOURNALISM" is the same bullshit cover it always is.

Like "She's really smug when she's right but she's wrong a lot." doesn't make her any less fun or cool on the podcast than it does say...Pat. Or Woolie. That's a real loving stupid complaint to come for a big fan and long time listener of the "I TOTALLY loving CALLED IT" Podcast starring Patrick 'Incorrect Dark Souls Lore' Fuccboivin and Woolie ' I shouldn't have to tell my SO I love them they should just KNOW!' Madden.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 16, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

Zen really covers it but you do realize who you're a fan of right?

That kinda covers everyone but Matt. Because Matt is the hero we need

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

we got a video after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PihF1JkBw4

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Given half the youtube comments are making sure to explicitly use he/him instead of she/her it kind of points to the trans thing and the typical gamergate "ETHICS IN GAMES JOURNALISM" is the same bullshit cover it always is.

Like "She's really smug when she's right but she's wrong a lot." doesn't make her any less fun or cool on the podcast than it does say...Pat. Or Woolie. That's a real loving stupid complaint to come for a big fan and long time listener of the "I TOTALLY loving CALLED IT" Podcast starring Patrick 'Incorrect Dark Souls Lore' Fuccboivin and Woolie ' I shouldn't have to tell my SO I love them they should just KNOW!' Madden.

I don't disagree with most of this, except using Youtube comments as a base point, but it does not change that some of the goons in this thread are being stupid and pigheaded as well about one comment a dude made in this thread about thinking her voice is annoying.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Futaba Anzu posted:

I'd be a lot more willing to hear that side of the story if it weren't being pushed by people who are also quite insistent that she be referred to as "he" and that "he" is mentally ill.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Please cite examples. On second thought don't and realize who you're siding with.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I only know her from the Switch stuff and she's been really spot-on, plus her non-shitpost articles are usually nice reads. LKD and Emily Rogers are, like, half of the entire "good videogame journalist" category.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

no but you don't get it she's a LADY and not just that but a TRANS LADY on this, MY INTERNET, specifically built so that I may derive enjoyment from these fun talky men and their EXTREMELY MALE-CENTRIC VIDEOGAMES she wouldn't know what she's talking about

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I know her from the Jimquisition podcast where she seems like a reasonable and intelligent person. She's such an SJW attention seeker that I didn't find out she was trans until I was quite a few episodes in and decided to look up more of her work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That might've sounded harsh but like, it's halfway there to people going B-BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEMS IN GAMING JOURNALISM ETHICS and eh, you're fooling yourself if you think that's the main thing here.