Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bandai namco gave a press event today. ni no kuni 2 is replacing familiars with something called higaldees that function much in the same way as pikmin that can be commanded to dogpile enemies or cast elemental spells. no battle transitions either. you just fight the monsters in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Vote for new thread title?

PlayStation 4: Just buy a pro and KS8000 already and stfu you poor

ProStation 4: Yes you want a pro. 4K tv optional

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

rabidsquid posted:

put that nioh is coming to the PC in the op, and also mention how much the psn sucks, and something about jay reatard i guess idk

PSN has been down a lot unannounced lately tbh

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

But do I really need a pro? What if I don't have a 4k TV?
Many of the benefits have nothing to do with 4K. Some games offer greater graphical fidelity like improved framerates or better effects, which would be beneficial on a 1080p TV. And they recently added Boost Mode, which has the chance to improve regular PS4 games that don't have a Pro mode, which would again be beneficial on a 1080p set, and this alone might make it worth the extra cost.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just catching up with the thread, ImpAtom how did you get a copy of Horizon two weeks early?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Ps4 thread: Our fans will take a second job to pay for the Pro.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just catching up with the thread, ImpAtom how did you get a copy of Horizon two weeks early?

Review

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He writes reviews.

:worship:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

reviewers get sent review copies ahead of the release date so they can play the game and get their review ready before the embargo is lifted

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

bandai namco gave a press event today. ni no kuni 2 is replacing familiars with something called higaldees that function much in the same way as pikmin that can be commanded to dogpile enemies or cast elemental spells. no battle transitions either. you just fight the monsters in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fo7xdEjzyI

Weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If it stops people asking every four posts then so be it.

It won't.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DigitalFoundry comparison videos in the OP might give people enough info to know whether it's worth the extra $100 without asking, this one's fine there's plenty of others

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I just ordered For Honor based solely on reviews and watching like one gameplay vid and having a friend rave about it.

It's me, I'm the terribad loser. At least it was free.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

good for you fuzz. be proud

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would play For Honor for free

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i did last weekend. pass

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ubisoft: avoid playing with people from different regions because the p2p code is bugged and the game will crash

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's an ideal used game. Idk why the idea of buying a $60 ($50 if you use Amazon) game and then taking a $10 hit to sell it used is such a foreign idea to goons. Guess you just gotta have digital or are saving for that pro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i do that with like every game.

its an ideal 15 dollar xmas sale game like r6 was.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's an ideal used game. Idk why the idea of buying a $60 ($50 if you use Amazon) game and then taking a $10 hit to sell it used is such a foreign idea to goons. Guess you just gotta have digital or are saving for that pro

Or you just trade some Sony credit card points from the huge stack you have and get it free! :getin:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

its an ideal 15 dollar xmas sale game like r6 was.

Talk about lame posts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh huh I thought Horizon was out this week, sadly there's zero point buying it a couple of days before Nier and Zelda come out.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I prefer to buy new on discount then sell quickly for the same loss.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Talk about lame posts.

new thread title

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh huh I thought Horizon was out this week, sadly there's zero point buying it a couple of days before Nier and Zelda come out.

I feel more unsure of Nier after the Demo. Not that I don't think it will be good but the demo left me feeling like it was a little bit up in the air. I'm definetly going to wait and see what people think of it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

No, I need the extra :10bux: for the DLC and games instead of Pro. Also it's closer to $200 vs $399 even if you sell the free bundle game since stores won't offer any sales for it yet.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Morby posted:

PSProStation: buy a loving Samsung KS8000

In the EU this is the samsung KS7000 right?

It's at 1200 euro's now and my old tv still works... Hope it will drop in price

Edit:

Fuzz posted:

Or you just trade some Sony credit card points from the huge stack you have and get it free! :getin:

I wish this was a thing in EU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Even as of the latest patch, there's a sandwich making length loading screen in Battlefield 1 when quitting a game before you can go back to the main menu. Why the hell is that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:dice:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

acksplode posted:

DigitalFoundry comparison videos in the OP might give people enough info to know whether it's worth the extra $100 without asking, this one's fine there's plenty of others

Nobody's reading the OP of a PS4 thread

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
can we please make it so people without pros can't post here?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Make a separate thread for the PS poors, make everyone with a pro require to post their penis and their pro in one picture

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Make a separate thread for the PS poors, make everyone with a pro require to post their penis and their pro in one picture

they wont both fit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't want to see a bunch of tiny penises

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nobody's reading the OP of a thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PS4: Wait for the Scorpio

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Having a ps amateuer is fine if its your secondary gaming device aye?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nobody in here actually plays video games, they just accumulate them

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

they wont both fit

Yeah

the pro is very big

rabidsquid posted:

nobody in here actually plays video games, they just accumulate them

I think you mean nobody in here actually enjoys video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ramagamma posted:

Having a ps amateuer is fine if its your secondary gaming device aye?

No.