Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a bone to pick posted:

I'm going to side with pewdiepie by default if a misanthrope doesn't like him.

yeah we already know your convictions are weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

someone itt posted that the more pewdiepie is hated the more likely it is that predictable goons will decide they love him. whoever posted that was dead on

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

I'm going to side with pewdiepie by default if a misanthrope doesn't like him.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

heh, this will show those stupid liberals :smug:

*subscribes to pewdiepie's channel and watches all his screech videos

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
have u ever come up with any burns that arent boring appeals to partisan politics or nah

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
a misanthropes just jealous he has to work three jobs to afford his child support while a goony dweeb gets paid to live the dream.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Junior Jr. posted:

I have zero sympathy for PewDiePie, his only claim to fame was sitting on his manchild arse playing scary games and being retarded...he hasn't done anything else creative since because he lacked any of it. Then e-fame ruined him and turned him into an absolute egocentric twat.

He admitted he only cared about making money in RP's react video, then he did some damage control by teaming up with Humble Bundle for charity, then he got kicked out of his home in Brighton for being retarded (yet again) late at night and instead of just apologising to his landlord and the neighbours, he tells them to go gently caress themselves and bitch about having more than enough cash to relocate somewhere else in the world. And cause some "YouTube drama" with other "Let's Players" for good measure.

Then when he bragged about "deleting his channel" after reaching 50 million subs, he addressed there are serious issues bugging YouTube at the time. He could've actually changed YouTube's terms given how huge his status is...but then he executed the prank, doesn't address YouTube's problems again, gets another dumb milestone trophy and shows up on YouTube Rewind. Doesn't even look back on this since.

If Disney and YouTube dropping his network and his show (and possibly his channel) isn't his ultimate downfall, I don't know what is. His ego has bitten off far more than he could chew...and he couldn't even be clever about it. From what I've seen, he couldn't tell the difference between making a rape joke and just screaming 'rape her' over and over and calling that a joke, and he couldn't tell the difference between satirically being a racist and posting racist content without really thinking them through, of course he can't defend himself by just saying "it's a joke bro" again because he's already cried wolf more than enough.

He has no public decency, common sense, wit, or any other valuable skills that he could've put to good use. All he's done is bitch and moan for the majority of his career and only put his foot down when his fans were getting out of hand.

I will never respect or tolerate Felix for being such a selfish, retarded, egotistical oval office.

same

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pewdipe product is poo poo and i dont want that dude to be rich

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is it okay to punch him now?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nigga crab pollock posted:

That's the problem though you've got to be a fuckin moron to think trying to see the limits of what some morons will do for $5 is 'nazi adjacent' cause he wrote down the worst thing he could think of (and then they did it)

Unless you're trying to misconstrue what happened to manufacture outrage and generate page views of course then you're just being a journalist :shrug:

nah you're just dumb

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
To be fair, The Daily Stormer calling itself the #1 PewDiePie fansite was actually pretty funny.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

have u ever come up with any burns that arent boring appeals to partisan politics or nah

do you ever post stuff that isnt batshit crazy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

afeelgoodpoop posted:

a misanthropes just jealous he has to work three jobs to afford his child support while a goony dweeb gets paid to live the dream.

forget child support i'm saving up for my liberal bunker: https://www.google.com/amp/www.digitaltrends.com/home/atlas-survival-shelters-selling-underground-bunkers/amp/

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Zzulu posted:

pewdipe product is poo poo and i dont want that dude to be rich

Yeah, but get this. If selling poo poo makes you $90m, then selling poo poo is the correct course of action.

Ppl looking at what he does instead of the results of what he does are operating on the level of like a dog or an opossum or something. It's like Noam Chomsky once said, "It's a fool who looks at the finger which points to the sky."

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

this thread is a real showcase for goon autism i swear to god

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

A misanthrope posted:

UHM ACTUALLY the guy who makes videos for a target audience of tweens is cool and a genius

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
HE PLAYS GAMES I LIKE AND HE'S SO FUNNY AND RANDOM :kiddo:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

"LOL Look at this loser making millions of dollars, just look at him"
*flips burgers*

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

theperminator posted:

"LOL Look at this loser making millions of dollars, just look at him"
*flips burgers*

does that same logic hold true with bernie madoff or whatever? I mean if we're judging people based on our relative jobs and whatnot??

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

its just a prank, bro

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

HE PLAYS GAMES I LIKE AND HE'S SO FUNNY AND RANDOM :kiddo:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

does that same logic hold true with bernie madoff or whatever? I mean if we're judging people based on our relative jobs and whatnot??

Bernie swindled people, Felix is a job creator, he gave those sign holding people jobs

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

theperminator posted:

Bernie swindled people, Felix is a job creator, he gave those sign holding people jobs

fair point I'll give you this, I will reevaluate my "can people criticise those who make more money than them??" thesis

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

remember all the pewdie lovers itt so we can laugh at them forever

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
"Unnnh... JK Rowling is such a hack writer! I would never stoop so low as to write puerile trash for children!"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ork of Fiction posted:

"Unnnh... JK Rowling is such a hack writer! I would never stoop so low as to write puerile trash for children!"

I will never argue that dude took a trend and took it to a new level and made money off that. There is nothing inherently wrong with that but to discount criticism because I haven't written a harry potter or done "hitler did nothing wrong videos' is kinda silly. I mean you don't have to be a chef to know when something tastes like poo poo and all. Props to this dude for making money just lolling at the idea that he is above criticism for making money!

also I'm kinda poo poo too and poo poo on everything due to self loathing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a goooooon

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I've never watched a single one of his videos.

I don't even play video games. lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ork of Fiction posted:

I've never watched a single one of his videos.

I don't even play video games. lol

I haven't watched his poo poo either i'm just drunkenly making arguments :cheers:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

I will never argue that dude took a trend and took it to a new level and made money off that. There is nothing inherently wrong with that but to discount criticism because I haven't written a harry potter or done "hitler did nothing wrong videos' is kinda silly. I mean you don't have to be a chef to know when something tastes like poo poo and all. Props to this dude for making money just lolling at the idea that he is above criticism for making money!

also I'm kinda poo poo too and poo poo on everything due to self loathing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a goooooon

:same: I'm generally pissed off at "content creators" who get famous by putting little to no effort in creativity and productivity, even flipping burgers takes some hard work.

that and he's a terrible public figure and role model who makes dumb career moves followed by damage control...and kids look up to him.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Kjoery posted:

and then they came for jontron.........
and his show continued normally after a few days of drama...............................
So he's still not making videos eh?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I don't like Hitler!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I have passionate opinions about loud internet video game man

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

KomodoWagon posted:

I have passionate opinions about loud internet video game man

He can't be as bad as Hitler. Hitler's the worst!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Zorodius posted:

He can't be as bad as Hitler. Hitler's the worst!

So you're saying that... I'm better than Hitler? There's actually someone that's worse than me, and I can hate them more than I hate myself? Wow! This feels incredible! I've never felt this way in my entire life because I'm such a self-loathing turd. Maybe if I just live my life pretending that everyone I meet is actually Hitler... well, I'd be the greatest person alive! I'm llike a perfect god-man now!! Thanks Hitler!!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hitler was... bad?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Junior Jr. posted:

:same: I'm generally pissed off at "content creators" who get famous by putting little to no effort in creativity and productivity, even flipping burgers takes some hard work.

that and he's a terrible public figure and role model who makes dumb career moves followed by damage control...and kids look up to him.

General rule of thumb, anyone who does "daily uploads" is not worth the dirt they walk on. It's the worst thing because despite it taking no effort, that strive to keep a daily upload schedule will consume your social life.

A misanthrope posted:

heh, this will show those stupid liberals :smug:

*subscribes to pewdiepie's channel and watches all his screech videos

i liked it a lot better when this idiot would just post funny gifs instead of his actual opinions

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Putty posted:

i liked it a lot better when this idiot would just post funny gifs instead of his actual opinions

putty i will jump on your head like you a goomba

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Blue Shells at dawn, fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Putty posted:

Blue Shells at dawn, fucker