Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

-Full voice acting is the worst thing to ever happen to RPG's.

-I actually like Planescape: Torment's gameplay. The art, however, is absolutely terrible and ruins all of the weird/wonderful stuff that happens in the dialogue. Spikes, blades, comically large tits all over the place, and the 3D character models are really bad.

-I put ketchup on my steak. Whoops, wrong "unpopular things" thread.

From the hud to the box art it was impossibly bad art choice after impossibly bad art choice but I completely forgot about the giant tits every single woman had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
You can always tell when a game is truly good if people, 100% unprovoked, have to bring up how overrated it is at ANY opportunity.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Xen is actually awesome and people that can't handle it definitely have glaucoma or something

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Blaise330 posted:

You can always tell when a game is truly good if people, 100% unprovoked, have to bring up how overrated it is at ANY opportunity.

true

also if a goon hates something it is actually really good

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
final fantasy 6 is trash.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

VATS is simply not fun. I'd like the Fallout games more if they were just straight-up shooters.

Complete opposite, VATS should be expanded and changed into a true turn-based combat system and should be the only way to engage in combat.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Valve sucks and hasn't released a game in half a decade.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Thief 3 is the most enjoyable Thief game.

Dead or Alive 2 is a really enjoyable fighting game.

Not so much a 'gaming' opinion, but the first Silent Hill movie was pretty good.

Honky Dong Country posted:

Morrowind was cool because you could steal anything and kill anybody. Also you could drop stuff anywhere and it wouldn't disappear so you could basically set up housekeeping anywhere. I remember going "Hrm...I like this house, I think I'll move in" and just murdering the occupants and doing just that.

Is this an unpopular opinion? Making myself the official unofficial mayor of every town was how I spent all my time playing that game. I don't think I even attempted to follow the story for several years.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 16, 2017

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was the most fun I've had with an RE since 5 and I love the old ones. ORC is probably only fun though if you have knowledge of glitches and bugs to gently caress around with other players so they curse you out in broken English or Portuguese.

Breath of Fire IV is the best one in the series.

Undertale has cute art/characters and music but little else. It's definitely not a great game and hardly a good one but trolling all gamefaqs with it was pretty choice.

Suikoden 3 is actually very very good (but not as good as 2, nothing is).

SFV is not as good as Third Strike but better than that turd IV.

King of Fighters XIV is currently the best fighting game out right now of this current gen.

The first Silent Hill is the best one and the only actually scary one.

Ultimate Mahvel 3 has been the best FG out there since KOF XIV dropped.

Final Fantasy 5, 6, 9 and Tactics are the only ones worth playing.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Stardew valley is the only game worth playing, all the other games are a waste of your time

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mgsv loving sucked and konami did nothing wrong

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Antiquated Pants posted:

Final Fantasy 13-2 is one of the better Final Fantasy games. They took the good parts of 13 and stream-lined it, then threw in a randomly metal sound track.

there were no good parts of Final Fantasy 13 or any Final Fantasy after 8

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Twelve Batmans posted:

King of Fighters XIV is currently the best fighting game out right now of this current gen.

I know they're not real words but it's astounding how your browser's autocorrect turned Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator into the name of a completely different series, wow!

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

food court bailiff posted:

I know they're not real words but it's astounding how your browser's autocorrect turned Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator into the name of a completely different series, wow!

YRC's are dumb garbage and no Anji, Robo-Ky, or Bridget completely takes away any argument you have for Revelator being anything other than very pretty generic anime garbage.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Twelve Batmans posted:

YRC's are dumb garbage and no Anji, Robo-Ky, or Bridget completely takes away any argument you have for Revelator being anything other than very pretty generic anime garbage.

Anji was scrub tier, I agree on Robo-Ky and Bridget but Revelator is seriously the best FG I've played in ages.

Pages and pages ago someone mentioned Buck Rogers RPGs and I'm sad that if they actually exist they're not on GOG.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Anji was scrub tier, I agree on Robo-Ky and Bridget but Revelator is seriously the best FG I've played in ages.

Pages and pages ago someone mentioned Buck Rogers RPGs and I'm sad that if they actually exist they're not on GOG.

I just have no drive to seriously practice new GG. I hate how all the characters look (Elphelt and Bedman are hideous), especially the newcomers. Also everyone has pony-tails now for some reason and characters like Leo just show how much their Blazblue designs/play-styles have infected all their work. I'm actually afraid to see what they'd do to Anji or Robo-ky.

Meanwhile I am loving KOF. It's not the prettiest game (a recent graphical update fixed a lot of stuff but not all of it), but it feels solid and has lots of customization for combos and set-ups and the 3 on 3 aspect of it just makes it that much more interesting. Also any game that doesn't have Zato-1 in it is going to be loads more playable.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
all fighting games are equally as stupid, Smash just embraces how stupid it is while fans of the other series have to go on and on and on about hit frames, combinations, tiers or "exchanges."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34

Literal babies can beat fighting games.

The only gameplay they actually provide is giving people a feeling of doing something cool by translating baby smashing into cool actions that dazzle you.

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat
Paradox made Maxis obsolete. Europa Universalis 4 is the best strategy game ever made.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Fighting games are garbage because in order to get the most enjoyment out of it you have to devote significant amounts of time to learning how to do complex, split second motions using muscle memory and having to do things perfectly all the time while somehow being able to notice individual frames like some autistic robot. There's no thought or strategy because you only have to know the inputs and the timing for the combos and poo poo. There's only one right way to do anything in a fighting game and it's loving lame.

Just watch any tournament, it's always a bunch of people playing only two or three of the fifty characters and only using one move or string of moves, forever. I saw a street fighter tournament that was just two people crouching in corners shooting fireballs back and forth until someone got hit. Every time.

Competitive smash players are shameful garbage. They are the worst of the autistic spectrum.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Video games are 100% adorable

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The F2P Fire Emblem game for phones is actually...pretty cool so far?

The Skeleton King posted:

I saw a street fighter tournament that was just two people crouching in corners shooting fireballs back and forth until someone got hit. Every time.

That's because Street Fighter is really, really bad.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
dagoth ur did nothing wrong
spore wasn't that bad

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

Hey look free idea: Discworld 3. Fuckin' Discworld 1 and 2 were great do it again.

did you never play the third Discworld game? It was really, really good.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The F2P Fire Emblem game for phones is actually...pretty cool so far?

Nah, the most gameplay it provides will be the eventual meltdowns in the games thread when people that are inexperienced with gacha games get frustrated.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I Said No posted:

dagoth ur did nothing wrong

hell, agreed. the Tribunal is loving insane.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Deus Ex: Invisible War is not a terrible game and Star Control 3 is actually pretty good. :colbert:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Starbound is actually a pretty great game and the only people that poo poo all over it are the people that anxiously followed it through it's long development time and can't stop being nostalgic for changes and features that were different in beta patch 0.024 versus beta patch 0.025 or whatever while blaming the game for not catering to their specific ideal of what it should be instead of self reflecting on the personal issues that led them to be so upset about a video game in the first place.

Contrarian autists that show up to go "Well I didn't follow development and i think it's bad" are equally as bad or worse than the first people because they are disagreeing to hear themselves talk.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Alpacas are poo poo

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Bloodborne is the game of all time.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Jeff Sichoe posted:

42% of ex-UT players are now regretful recipients of gender reassignment surgery.

88% of ex-Quake 3 players are now self-employed with wonderful lives filled with happiness.

I didn't know gender reassignment surgery causes regret and unhappiness. Are you sure it isn't playing too many video games?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only good Unreal game was Unreal Gold.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

Nah, the most gameplay it provides will be the eventual meltdowns in the games thread when people that are inexperienced with gacha games get frustrated.

It's leagues better than pretty much every other gacha game I've played though (DBZ Dokkan, that Shadow Wars thing some idiot in PYF was going on about, etc).

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
All the llama references in Sim City are dumb

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I did not, in fact, regret cutting back on funding.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

mystery fluid posted:

Spec Ops: The Line was a pretty fun shooter. The story was pretty good but not as amazing as the internet thinks it is.

It was really well made with kick-rear end music and art style and map design and tried something other than SHOOT BROWNS TO SAVE AMERICA and didn't gently caress it up

just turn off the game after the hell hallucination

It's not fuckin art but it's really good in my onion

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
code:
______                                ___               _____ _____      
|  _  \                              / _ \             |_   _|_   _|     
| | | |_ __ __ _  __ _  ___  _ __   / /_\ \ __ _  ___    | |   | |       
| | | | '__/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \| '_ \  |  _  |/ _` |/ _ \   | |   | |       
| |/ /| | | (_| | (_| | (_) | | | | | | | | (_| |  __/  _| |_ _| |_      
|___/ |_|  \__,_|\__, |\___/|_| |_| \_| |_/\__, |\___|  \___/ \___/      
                  __/ |                     __/ |                        
                 |___/                     |___/                         
           _                           _                               _ 
          | |                         | |                             | |
  _____  _| |_ _ __ ___ _ __ ___   ___| |_   _    __ _  ___   ___   __| |
 / _ \ \/ / __| '__/ _ \ '_ ` _ \ / _ \ | | | |  / _` |/ _ \ / _ \ / _` |
|  __/>  <| |_| | |  __/ | | | | |  __/ | |_| | | (_| | (_) | (_) | (_| |
 \___/_/\_\\__|_|  \___|_| |_| |_|\___|_|\__, |  \__, |\___/ \___/ \__,_|
                                          __/ |   __/ |                  
                                         |___/   |___/                   

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lazorexplosion posted:

Final Fantasies are narrative heavy games with terrible, idiotic, boring narratives, bad gameplay and each one is worse than the last.

this is true, but the reverse is also true. Final Fantasy 1 is a great game

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Haier posted:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is the only good and fun zombie game (the Resident Evil series is not fun at all).
Project Zomboid is unique and pretty fun if you play with the settings and make it babby mode, but it brings me to my opinion:

all zombie content made prior to the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake is "classic" zombies and is good. everything after is trash cash-in garbage

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dead Rising 1 and 2 were good zombie games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

the pcmasterrace people may be obnoxious assholes, but they ain't wrong.