Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mister Olympus posted:

Isn't that the Nadesico game that was supposed to have explained everything about Prince of Darkness?
That one's called The Blank of Three Years. Which only explains like a few things (IIRC, it where Harry gets introduced) about what happens in Prince of Darkness. Everything else setting up PoD apparently comes from staff interviews and drama CD booklets/other printed media, not that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Last night I realized that Tony Takezaki wrote a Eva parody manga so I got it right away.

And it reminds me that I still have no clue how they will implement the movies in their unfinished state, or just say gently caress it and have the Evas along for the ride and nothing else. I hope against hope that there's one stage with the giant red teeth in the ground and stuff though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 16, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Animated 3D jacked up Eva map aww yeah. According to the list they did movie 3 is units only but the others are just regular listing. I'm looking forward to seeing the crossover and then just some unit upgrades I guess

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Samurai Sanders posted:

Last night I realized that Tony Takezaki wrote a Eva parody manga so I got it right away.

And it reminds me that I still have no clue how they will implement the movies in their unfinished state, or just say gently caress it and have the Evas along for the ride and nothing else. I hope against hope that there's one stage with the giant red teeth in the ground and stuff though.

Personally I'm hoping they'll have 2.22's ending be subverted and have Shinji successfully rescue Rei without triggering 3rd Impact

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I'm hoping they'll have 2.22's ending be subverted and have Shinji successfully rescue Rei without triggering 3rd Impact
I think how much I would like this would really depend on how its written. If everything plays out the same way it does in 2.22 except 3rd Impact just doesn't happen, that would be pretty disappointing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

They did 3.0 in Z3 by having it entirely offscreen, disappointingly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm ready to fight the D8 of doom.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

They did 3.0 in Z3 by having it entirely offscreen, disappointingly.
Yeah that was a ridiculous cop-out. The only interesting thing it did for the story, having Shinji and Asuka as enemies but no one else knowing it, just kinda stopped after a few stages.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
See, this makes me wonder why they're bothering with it. Are they trying to get people interested enough in it to get people to donate money to see it to completion? Cause I can't think of anything else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Inferno-sama posted:

See, this makes me wonder why they're bothering with it. Are they trying to get people interested enough in it to get people to donate money to see it to completion? Cause I can't think of anything else.

Evangelion as a brand is still a huge name, and the movies are easier to branch off of in terms of content and having more playable units.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I think how much I would like this would really depend on how its written. If everything plays out the same way it does in 2.22 except 3rd Impact just doesn't happen, that would be pretty disappointing.

True, had some ideas on how to change things around for a hypothetical SRW concept I had a long time ago(back when the SRW E project still seemed possible), Rebuild was a fairly important series overall to my idea, although I ended up cheating a bit by merging in parts of the TV series(such as sticking in the Angels unused in Rebuild), End of Evangelion, and some of the side stories(stuff like the Jet Alone Prime for example), it's been long enough since I last did anything with it that I can't remember too much at this point though, except these two bits; Bardiel instead of infecting Unit 03 tries to take over the Devil Gundam but ends up getting absorbed by it instead(leading to the Devil Gundam developing an S2 Engine), and that a fully awakened ADAM was going to be one of the final bosses

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Evangelion is still one of the most popular anime series in the world and also they can recycle animations for it now that they've done it once.

The movies contain almost everything the series does + additional units so it makes more sense to use it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

True, had some ideas on how to change things around for a hypothetical SRW concept I had a long time ago(back when the SRW E project still seemed possible), Rebuild was a fairly important series overall to my idea, although I ended up cheating a bit by merging in parts of the TV series(such as sticking in the Angels unused in Rebuild), End of Evangelion, and some of the side stories(stuff like the Jet Alone Prime for example), it's been long enough since I last did anything with it that I can't remember too much at this point though, except these two bits; Bardiel instead of infecting Unit 03 tries to take over the Devil Gundam but ends up getting absorbed by it instead(leading to the Devil Gundam developing an S2 Engine), and that a fully awakened ADAM was going to be one of the final bosses
The Devil Gundam with an AT Field would be hella cool.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Hi Souji's first chapter is called "A Long Journey" and Chitose's is "Departure From Despair" so I'm just going to brace myself for the next Setsuko right now.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Caphi posted:

Hi Souji's first chapter is called "A Long Journey" and Chitose's is "Departure From Despair" so I'm just going to brace myself for the next Setsuko right now.

Or it might be a Calvina thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Samurai Sanders posted:

And it reminds me that I still have no clue how they will implement the movies in their unfinished state, or just say gently caress it and have the Evas along for the ride and nothing else.

I recently read what's been translated of Shin Mazinger Zero, and even knowing that the game isn't touching the story it still seems like a very ballsy inclusion.

That said, if they did have the plot of Evangelion 3.0, Shin Mazinger Zero's storyline would fit right in, as would Shin Getter Armageddon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Raxivace posted:

The Devil Gundam with an AT Field would be hella cool.

One of the recurring things in that idea was that Devil Gundam would keep taking over more and more ridiculous things over the course of the game, including that huge Zentradi ship from the end of Do You Remember Love? and the corpse of Unicron(the former would be instead of taking over Neo Japan for the G Gundam finale, while the latter would be a ploy by the OG villain towards the end of the game)

G Gundam would in this idea have several interesting connections to other series, the Devil Gundam being derived from the Zonders, and the Mobile Fighters originally being made as anti Invader weapons being two of them

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

One of the recurring things in that idea was that Devil Gundam would keep taking over more and more ridiculous things over the course of the game, including that huge Zentradi ship from the end of Do You Remember Love? and the corpse of Unicron(the former would be instead of taking over Neo Japan for the G Gundam finale, while the latter would be a ploy by the OG villain towards the end of the game)

G Gundam would in this idea have several interesting connections to other series, the Devil Gundam being derived from the Zonders, and the Mobile Fighters originally being made as anti Invader weapons being two of them

The more I hear about this, the more I need to know. Please continue.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Caphi posted:

To be fair, Setsuko's more about arriving at despair than departing from it. So clearly they're opposites.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Inferno-sama posted:

Oh please let it be that. Please use that so we can get some idea as to why PoD is a PoS.

I mean, I put "supposed to" for a reason. not an authority but Word Around The Internet™ says that it only sets up some of the setting changes and gives no clue as to any reason for the drastic character shifts.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Mister Olympus posted:

I mean, I put "supposed to" for a reason. not an authority but Word Around The Internet™ says that it only sets up some of the setting changes and gives no clue as to any reason for the drastic character shifts.

I can dream!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, you can already figure out what Blank's about just from the op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ9zRrZTH8M

Yurika and Akito's honeymoon jet hilariously exploding is the first thing in that op, and the rest of the game basically follows from there. It's not some missing link that turns Prince of Darkness into anything other than Prince of Darkness, it just introduces a few of the new characters and setting details. Ruri's character grows a bit from who she was in the series to who she is in Prince of Darkness, I guess, but Ruri's character shift is the one bit of Prince of Darkness that you can see the logic in, even if she isn't the kind of character that excels in a leading role.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

I mean, you can already figure out what Blank's about just from the op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ9zRrZTH8M

Yurika and Akito's honeymoon jet hilariously exploding is the first thing in that op, and the rest of the game basically follows from there. It's not some missing link that turns Prince of Darkness into anything other than Prince of Darkness, it just introduces a few of the new characters and setting details. Ruri's character grows a bit from who she was in the series to who she is in Prince of Darkness, I guess, but Ruri's character shift is the one bit of Prince of Darkness that you can see the logic in, even if she isn't the kind of character that excels in a leading role.
I can't tell from that but do the Aestevalis girls ever pilot a Gekigangar 3 variant together? This is important.

edit: also did Sakus appear in any SRW game and I missed it?

Tony Takezaki is canon as far as I am concerned. As canon as the Buster Home Run is anyway.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 16, 2017

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So to get the DLC stuff for SRW:V what region account do I need to create? Hong Kong?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Levantine posted:

So to get the DLC stuff for SRW:V what region account do I need to create? Hong Kong?

Most people use a Singapore account.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I finished Yamato 2199 today. I really liked it overall, and I think people that like the older Gundam stuff in particular would probably dig it, but I'm super curious now about how it will work in SRWV.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Yamato taught me that a wave motion gun solves everything.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Daler Mehndi posted:

Yamato taught me that a wave motion gun solves everything.
Yeah I'm wondering how other characters will react to the Wave Motion Gun since it has the power to destroy entire planets, more or less.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Yeah I'm wondering how other characters will react to the Wave Motion Gun since it has the power to destroy entire planets, more or less.

To be fair it isn't like there aren't multiple people running around in any given SRW that can literally break the universe

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Levantine posted:

Singapore as their PSN is entirely in English

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

drrockso20 posted:

Singapore as their PSN is entirely in English

Thanks, I ended up doing that and noticed it was in English and was pleasantly surprised. Thanks!

For PSN cards, Play Asia is the way to go, right? Something like this: http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-50-sgd-psn-card-sg/13/707yk7 ?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

Thanks, I ended up doing that and noticed it was in English and was pleasantly surprised. Thanks!

For PSN cards, Play Asia is the way to go, right? Something like this: http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-50-sgd-psn-card-sg/13/707yk7 ?

If you don't mind supporting P-A (they're kinda shits but also very effective and reliable) yeah, that's the way to go. They get you codes in like 30 seconds.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair it isn't like there aren't multiple people running around in any given SRW that can literally break the universe
While that's true, my impression was that normally that the pilots of such mechs that can do that are going out of their way to avoid using the more destructive capabilities of their machines, whereas in Yamato the fact that they rely on the Wave Motion Gun kind of comes back to potentially bite them in the rear end when they finally reach Iscandar and have to justify why they've been using such a destructive weapon.

I just think it will be interesting to see how it all plays out in a SRW context, is all I'm saying.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
In case someone hasn't seen it, custom BGM has been 100% confirmed for V.

Just get your mp3s in a USB drive and save them inside a folder tagged SRWMUSIC and it'll be read like Z3's was.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Since we get Grungust and Huckebein, who else is hoping there's a Gespenst in the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Since we get Grungust and Huckebein, who else is hoping there's a Gespenst in the game?

I feel like there has to be, it'd be weird to have those two and not the original Original, even if just as a secret.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like there has to be, it'd be weird to have those two and not the original Original, even if just as a secret.

It will be shown in an intermission, only to be revealed as some guy with a helmet on.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My crazy idea would be to have Helios Olympus in the XN-Geist as final boss, or one of the final bosses. Epilogue can then show how he learned the error of his ways.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I bet the Grungust and Huckebein pilots will start in Gespensts for a bit and then upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Brunom1 posted:

In case someone hasn't seen it, custom BGM has been 100% confirmed for V.

Just get your mp3s in a USB drive and save them inside a folder tagged SRWMUSIC and it'll be read like Z3's was.

This is really good news!

I assume it'll be the same for all regions? Probably so, but did they ever come out and say anything about why the Asian demo version didn't have the licensed music?

• Locked thread