Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm got defend everything Trump does, if he turns out to be a turd I'll gladly say I was duped

That's fine. I'm not trying to make you feel lovely or anything about voting for him. He's just kind of floundering right now and it is fairly funny to watch.

Tbf I'm sure if you put anyone that isn't plugged into DC into the office they'd flounder for a bit. Maybe he'll get his bearings and straighten poo poo out. I don't want him to fail just 'cuz gently caress conservatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
My prediction was that he gets into office and tries to play by their rules and make everyone happy and then one morning he's gonna wake up and realize that you can't win like that and then it gets weird

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My prediction was that he gets into office and tries to play by their rules and make everyone happy and then one morning he's gonna wake up and realize that you can't win like that and then it gets weird

its not weird yet?!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
this isn't already weird by whatever standards you're using?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Rutibex posted:

its not weird yet?!

Trump is like Frank on it's always sunny, he's got 8 years left and he is going to get real weird with it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is pretty lol but it ain't weird yet imo.

quote:

Might be true. I feel like the majority of the dumb poo poo is coming from Bannon & Crew so if he realizes they are shitters and gets better people in there it might go way better idk.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Weird like "Dystopic Fascist State" weird

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh okay as long as i kno where your line is.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Most of this weirdness is coming from opposition just slamming him with all kinds of scandals and a completely hostile media. It's impossible to know what is even happening

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Yeah, because of all that FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Mainstream media is a propaganda arm for the deep state

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Most of this weirdness is coming from opposition just slamming him with all kinds of scandals and a completely hostile media. It's impossible to know what is even happening

He isn't exactly making it difficult for them.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

Eight to Noon: Cower in fear of the brown invasion.

Noon to Six: Hide under a blanket with a flashlight praying that if we give Russia Europe they won't beat us like dad used to beat mom.

Six to Ten: Change urine soaked sheets, polish the flatware, make America great again.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the dude, for instance, started out by flat banning people coming in from seven countries. that is not a common thing for presidents to do. the logic of the ban is totally opaque. the main explanations given from either side -- "muslims," "terrorists" -- don't hold up that well, because there are tons of exceptions to each -- and the boring capitalist relationship between his business interests and the ban are either banal enough to be the real reason, or conspiracy poo poo.

given the (lack of) precedents, that seems like a pretty weird thing to do.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"gently caress you, Intelligence Community!"

"Stop attacking me, Intelligence Community!"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It's funny that the media created the "FAKE NEWS" narrative and now they don't know how to influence the public.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You say that like all those people aren't just watching Fox News (like Trump is).

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh then he flipped the gently caress out, very publicly, when the regular system of checks and balances that has operated in our country for two centuries came online to overturn his orders. also weird, because presumably past presidents knew about this kind of stuff, and whether or not trump does, his reaction is unusual -- and i say nothing about its level of premeditation/calculation, whatever that may be.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Frosted Flake posted:

It's funny that the media created the "FAKE NEWS" narrative and now they don't know how to influence the public.

Calling a journalist "fake news" is the same as calling them a racial slur - CNN

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i really don't think it's fair to say this weirdness is coming from an oppositional media, considering that the past two presidents faced huge opposition, from various quarters, each in their own way, and nothing they did in any way approached the strangeness of the last few weeks, except that time george bush was reading a kid's book during 9/11, which was just bad timing.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

i really don't think it's fair to say this weirdness is coming from an oppositional media, considering that the past two presidents faced huge opposition, from various quarters, each in their own way, and nothing they did in any way approached the strangeness of the last few weeks, except that time george bush was reading a kid's book during 9/11, which was just bad timing.

Bush / Obama / Clinton are all the same cabal

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Calling a journalist "fake news" is the same as calling them a racial slur - CNN

Is there collective amnesia that CNN was out-and-out in the tank for Hillary?

Same with TIME. I'm not surprised that the magazine that ran covers of Trump melting down reported on #theresistance .

I don't know how anyone expected a change in coverage once Trump was in power.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

okay you have to understand it undermines your position a little when you say things like "cabal."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nobody who isn't schizophrenic uses that word sincerely.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Ok then they're all butt buddies who are friends and working for the same interests?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
watching Trump give his daily meltdown in twitter is awesome until you realize it can cause mental illness

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Frosted Flake posted:

the msm will be fine. trump's hate is pushing people to embrace it again

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

nomadologique posted:

okay you have to understand it undermines your position a little when you say things like "cabal."

no it doesnt

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

There's opposition and then there's attempting to topple a sitting president nearly before he's seated. What's been going on in Washington is pretty unprecedented and it's not mainly Trump that's causing it

A single faction has been in power so long that they regard themselves as the natural rulers of America and confuse their interests with national interests and opposition to them as treason

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Yeah the crazy part is thinking that any conspiracy crosses party lines and isn't about any dead women

SickZip posted:

A single faction has been in power so long that they regard themselves as the natural rulers of America and confuse their interests with national interests and opposition to them as treason

So white Christian republicans getting mad the mud races and sodomites are too uppity?

Jukebox Hero fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 16, 2017

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"deep state" lol

but the idea of Trump colluding with the Russians is completely ridiculous, right?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

SickZip posted:

There's opposition and then there's attempting to topple a sitting president nearly before he's seated. What's been going on in Washington is pretty unprecedented and it's not mainly Trump that's causing it

trump is the craziest president in modern history so it is kind of hard to give him a fair shake when he is doing and saying insane poo poo every day

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i think we can all agree that rich and powerful people are generally aware of the line between them and the rest of us.

i doubt obama is really the villain you make him out to be. more likely he is a person who enjoys the feeling of leadership and knows he's good at running things; he also probably wanted to improve the social landscape for needy americans. that he bombed the gently caress out of foreign countries probably wasn't what he signed up for, but he rolled up his sleeves and killed him some innocent kids because that's what the job takes. that makes him the kind of villain who turns to evil out of necessity and moral compromise -- not a mastermind who has everyone bamboozled and lives a double life.

bush was, in the end, a likable, easily controlled doofus.

i don't know what you're seeing when you look at donald trump, but the evidence is all there: he is a career conman and criminal who has avoided any kind of punishment because he talks a good game. your bias is pretty obvious, and that you consistently blind yourself to the history of his business practices is garrish and makes me uncomfortable.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

runupon cracker posted:

"deep state" lol

but the idea of Trump colluding with the Russians is completely ridiculous, right?

No, whats ridiculous is thinking that someone interacting with a foreign power is something new.

China. Israel. Saudi Arabia. You think these countries don't collude with our politicians

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

i dont know what the deep state is but they never called me and told me what to report. sounds like it would be cool tho! like a spy movie.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
SPH continues to not have any idea what his own point or argument is, film at eleven

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

the guys modus operandi is to spew insane bullshit and it's pretty lol that people think calling him out on it is some horrible unfair thing

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

i think we can all agree that rich and powerful people are generally aware of the line between them and the rest of us.

i doubt obama is really the villain you make him out to be. more likely he is a person who enjoys the feeling of leadership and knows he's good at running things; he also probably wanted to improve the social landscape for needy americans. that he bombed the gently caress out of foreign countries probably wasn't what he signed up for, but he rolled up his sleeves and killed him some innocent kids because that's what the job takes. that makes him the kind of villain who turns to evil out of necessity and moral compromise -- not a mastermind who has everyone bamboozled and lives a double life.

bush was, in the end, a likable, easily controlled doofus.

i don't know what you're seeing when you look at donald trump, but the evidence is all there: he is a career conman and criminal who has avoided any kind of punishment because he talks a good game. your bias is pretty obvious, and that you consistently blind yourself to the history of his business practices is garrish and makes me uncomfortable.

This is all normalcy bias projecting onto these people like they are work a day schlubs

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

not really. trump loving confirms every slur against him because he doesn't understand why they're bad lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Does that even mean anything or are you just trying to sound smart despite saying a career slimeballs poo poo doesn't stink

• Locked thread