Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Thirsty Girl posted:

the guys modus operandi is to spew insane bullshit and it's pretty lol that people think calling him out on it is some horrible unfair thing

media can try to balance out the negative stories about him with positive, but that is almost impossible. he's such a moron every day all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No, whats ridiculous is thinking that someone interacting with a foreign power is something new.

China. Israel. Saudi Arabia. You think these countries don't collude with our politicians

Sure but this time the shared goal of russia and bannon & co is to sabotage the US govt and make fair elections a thing of the past

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

Sure but this time the shared goal of russia and bannon & co is to sabotage the US govt and make fair elections a thing of the past

Fair election? What was not fair

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Rutibex posted:

no it doesnt

we don't live a tom clancy novel.

the people who rule us do so as openly as they please, because, for almost everyone, material security is more important than moral consistency or "freedom."

there is no secret society bent on our enslavement. there are rich people who like being rich, and who manipulate the available machinery to stay that way, and grow richer. it's really not that complicated.

trump is one of these people. it doesn't matter that he is not a career politician. he is basically a lobbyist for his own interests. he is not going to "shake things up" except insofar as he is trying to reinvent the wheel. career politicians are just people who know how to game the system. he is thinking, i'm a career gamesman, i can do it better than these people. probably he'll invent some new techniques, and do other things far less efficiently.

but he's not going to change the way money works, because that isn't in his interest. he still wants exactly what "they" want: to stay rich, and get richer.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Professor SJW posted:

media can try to balance out the negative stories about him with positive, but that is almost impossible. he's such a moron every day all the time.

breaking: big DT strings together five sentences that are coherent, substantive

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Thirsty Girl posted:

breaking: big DT strings together five sentences that are coherent, substantive

i've had it up to here with this fake news bullshit!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

we don't live a tom clancy novel.

the people who rule us do so as openly as they please, because, for almost everyone, material security is more important than moral consistency or "freedom."

there is no secret society bent on our enslavement. there are rich people who like being rich, and who manipulate the available machinery to stay that way, and grow richer. it's really not that complicated.

This is the secret society. The rich pulling all the strings and collaborating together

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is all normalcy bias projecting onto these people like they are work a day schlubs

they are work a day schlubs you nincompoop. people really are not very different from one another, minus brokebrain psychopaths. they have basically the same desires, the same self-confusions.

if you've bought into their propaganda that they're living gods, then lol, that's on you bud. that lie goes back thousands of years and has always played out the same way. you've already lost.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is the secret society. The rich pulling all the strings and collaborating together

dude it's not a loving secret, we are talking about it RIGHT NOW, IT'S NOT A SECRET

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

nomadologique posted:

i think we can all agree that rich and powerful people are generally aware of the line between them and the rest of us.

i doubt obama is really the villain you make him out to be. more likely he is a person who enjoys the feeling of leadership and knows he's good at running things; he also probably wanted to improve the social landscape for needy americans. that he bombed the gently caress out of foreign countries probably wasn't what he signed up for, but he rolled up his sleeves and killed him some innocent kids because that's what the job takes. that makes him the kind of villain who turns to evil out of necessity and moral compromise -- not a mastermind who has everyone bamboozled and lives a double life.

bush was, in the end, a likable, easily controlled doofus.

i don't know what you're seeing when you look at donald trump, but the evidence is all there: he is a career conman and criminal who has avoided any kind of punishment because he talks a good game. your bias is pretty obvious, and that you consistently blind yourself to the history of his business practices is garrish and makes me uncomfortable.

It was very nice of Obama to wait for years and years and years to sign off on an executive order legalizing gay marriage until he could use it as a smokescreen to fast-track TPP through the House without an uproar. I'm sure he really deeply cared about America's minority groups and wasn't just cynically using them for his own ends.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

they are work a day schlubs you nincompoop. people really are not very different from one another, minus brokebrain psychopaths. they have basically the same desires, the same self-confusions.

if you've bought into their propaganda that they're living gods, then lol, that's on you bud. that lie goes back thousands of years and has always played out the same way. you've already lost.

No. They get together and make deals behind closed doors to further their own interests. That's the problem.

They're normal people put into positions of almost limitless power. They're not smarter than the rest of us, they're just in the room with all the levers

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

nomadologique posted:

dude it's not a loving secret, we are talking about it RIGHT NOW, IT'S NOT A SECRET

Cool your jets man. Secret in that they're largely unelected and unaccountable but wield extraordinary influence over our elected officials.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you're a pretty bad read of people if you think obama doesn't care.

you don't have to like the guy. i don't really have an opinion about him. he signed off on the murder of thousands of innocent people.

but if you think he doesn't care, you're probably bamboozled constantly by human motives.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

Cool your jets man. Secret in that they're largely unelected and unaccountable but wield extraordinary influence over our elected officials.

Also, they don't invite me to their meetings.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

i don't really have an opinion about him. he signed off on the murder of thousands of innocent people.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It's pretty funny to me that trump's bitching about fake news when he was the one who pressed that dumb birth certificate poo poo that lasted obama's entire run.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No. They get together and make deals behind closed doors to further their own interests. That's the problem.

They're normal people put into positions of almost limitless power. They're not smarter than the rest of us, they're just in the room with all the levers

okay so you understand this.

what i don't understand is how you then reach the conclusion that you do, that donald trump, driving his own busted jallopy to the car show and talking about how it's a real special find, a rare find, something great, really wonderful, is somehow different from these folks with their bugatis. and he's going to change the whole way it works now, with his cutlass cruiser.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Friendly reminder, Americans: the last president who actually cared about you guys and your well-being on any sort of sincere, human level was JFK, and you blew his head open. Nice job!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Also, they don't invite me to their meetings.

Hey NotWearingPants, big fan of your av it makes me smile wistfully

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

okay so you understand this.

what i don't understand is how you then reach the conclusion that you do, that donald trump, driving his own busted jallopy to the car show and talking about how it's a real special find, a rare find, something great, really wonderful, is somehow different from these folks with their bugatis. and he's going to change the whole way it works now, with his cutlass cruiser.

Trump is possibly a huge con man or a political outsider who wants genuine change. History shall decide

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Friendly reminder, Americans: the last president who actually cared about you guys and your well-being on any sort of sincere, human level was JFK, and you blew his head open. Nice job!

i was nowhere near the book suppository

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

come back when you've run the US of A without murdering a few innocents and i'll pin a medal on you and tell you you finally figured out how to make the world work without murder and moral compromise.

i didn't vote for him. i didn't vote for trump. i didn't vote for any of these people.

but i can guarantee you my neighbor, who is a nice enough guy, would kill a thousand innocents if you put him in that position, because gently caress it. people gotta eat somehow.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump is possibly a huge con man or a political outsider who wants genuine change. History shall decide

"possibly" a conman lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

come back when you've run the US of A without murdering a few innocents and i'll pin a medal on you and tell you you finally figured out how to make the world work without murder and moral compromise.

i didn't vote for him. i didn't vote for trump. i didn't vote for any of these people.

but i can guarantee you my neighbor, who is a nice enough guy, would kill a thousand innocents if you put him in that position, because gently caress it. people gotta eat somehow.

Hahahahaha

He was just followin' orders! Honest!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

hold on you think the guy whose dad was the closest to what we'd call a cabalist didn't have cynical ideas about public service, but you're banging on barack obama? please show your work.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

oh boo hoo the Russians got a bunch of DNC emails revealing them to be total cockbags and then they lost the election

ALL RUSSIA'S FAULT

what about don't be total cockbags in the first place. It's not like they hacked a poo poo ton of votes somehow through magic.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
We just gotta keep destabilizing these countries and murdering the family members of terrorists we created. That's the way it is and I lack the imagination to consider a course correction.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Those Turkish soldiers who carried out the Armenian Genocide did so only because they were forced into that position... I'd like to see you going a day without raping and gutting an Armenian. Go ahead, try!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hahahahaha

He was just followin' orders! Honest!

no lol. he gave the orders.

i'm not making excuses for barack obama. you read that in.

murdering innocent people and honestly caring about your populace are not mutually exclusive.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can't on the one hand make fun of Trump for poo poo talking the popular vote numbers and going "lol voter fraud is a negligible thing" (which is true) and on the other hand go "the Russians are making it so fair elections are impossible!!!"

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

oh boo hoo the Russians got a bunch of DNC emails revealing them to be total cockbags and then they lost the election

ALL RUSSIA'S FAULT

what about don't be total cockbags in the first place. It's not like they hacked a poo poo ton of votes somehow through magic.

im not talking about vote hacking or the last election specifically. Im talking about future elections and 'voter fraud' prevention measures coming down the pike

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

So white Christian republicans getting mad the mud races and sodomites are too uppity?

I can't tell if you're a foreigner who gets opinions about American internal dynamics from our media or if you're just dumb-as-hell

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

so much misunderstanding of humankind itt.

you lack even the most basic perception of decision making and the realities of the world around you.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I hacked the election AMA

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

EorayMel posted:

I hacked the election AMA

did you use a script, or was it realtime stuff?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
also what was in the emails besides talking about sabotaging bernie. If thats all there is I can only imagine what kind of breathtaking stuff would have been in rnc emails

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

nomadologique posted:

did you use a script, or was it realtime stuff?

Scripts.

Next question.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
it would appear that trump is still, indeed, not stumped

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
US presidents are cultivated from specific Ivy league groups that are really only opposed to each other nominally on face value. It's not really that surprising that an outsider with business ties might have contact and connections abroad that those generally insulated and carefully curated groups don't. You'll notice buried at the end of all of these articles is an admission that for all the surveillance done by the intelligence community on these folks, nothing actually bad has been detected. It's all a swirl of innuendo, anonymous leaks, rumors and whispers deliberately created to destabilize the administration from a section of very angry and very entitled elites. There's a reason Assange is hiding in an embassy for doing the same thing CNN and the Post are doing right now without rebuke and that's because of who it pisses off.

Trump is a clown but if you think jumping into bed with the CIA to try and force him out of power via lovely media sources is the way to fight him, you're probably part of the problem as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

jfk was a drug addicted moron who nearly ended the world and created the modern military industrial complex

• Locked thread