Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

new phone who dis posted:

your average US citizen ... a consumer of cheap poo poo made by slaves.

that is what you are, lol.

dream big dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

nomadologique posted:

i'm not a liberal. i have no political affiliation.

it's important to have perspective. WE are the problem, every single loving one of us, because we vacuum up dumb poo poo with our mouths and our assholes that we do not need. because we do, really, nothing, in our day to day life, to change that; we just go to the voting booth and ask them please to make our healthcare better.

i'm not saying you should cozy up to the elite. i'm saying it is straight up ignorant to think that american presidents aren't working day in day out to make the lives of americans better -- and they do, every day, at the cost of other people, around the world, who suffer horribly so we can drive cars and watch reality TV.

Correct.

The #woke rear end in a top hat will give Trump another 4 years.

nomadologique posted:

we live in luxury every single loving day. just because our internal luxury differential is huge we are fooled into thinking the american rich have luxury and the american poor have squat. that is completely insane. compared to the rest of the world, americans live in luxury every loving day. the poo poo we take for granted is enough to make a person's head explode.

The working poor of America are effectively another class that gets stepped on.

Wages of working-class Americans have been stagnant since the 1970s, despite massive increases in productivity, and all the proceeds went to a very few.

It is both true that the poor of America are steeped in luxury unimaginable to most of the world, AND. ALSO. IN ADDITION TO. America's poor are being stepped on and abused for the gain of an elite few.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Simce we came to a common understanding that both sides are terrible, when will the peasant rebellion start?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

guess what guys slavery never went away it just changed its outfit.

the plantation owner works for the sake of the plantation.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

nomadologique posted:

the richer the rich get, the richer the poor get, you doofus.

that's how it works, that's how it's always worked. there is no magical society where rich, powerful people disenfranchise themselves for your benefit. you get what they allow you, that's it. welcome to the real world.

loving LOL people still supporting trickle down econ.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Haverchuck posted:

putins game is to promote the rise of right wing nationalist governments all over the west with the end goal of weakening nato/un

I don't know why they even bother, NATO and the UN are capable of turning people against them just fine

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

old fat bird posted:

It's funny millennial's have only been alive for 20 years because the CIA is the least trusted branch of the Government within the Government

is that why im 20? gently caress the CIA

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

nomadologique posted:

guess what guys slavery never went away it just changed its outfit.

the plantation owner works for the sake of the plantation.

With metaphors like this I'm confused whether you're defending the system in place

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

the richer the rich get, the richer the poor get, you doofus.

gettin' high on this pure ideology, comrades

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Bholder posted:

Simce we came to a common understanding that both sides are terrible, when will the peasant rebellion start?

never because the peasants will either consistently vote away benefits in the hope that the economy will magically turn into a production base or that they will somehow become real estate billionaires

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

revdrkevind posted:

It is both true that the poor of America are steeped in luxury unimaginable to most of the world, AND. ALSO. IN ADDITION TO. America's poor are being stepped on and abused for the gain of an elite few.

i agree. what i am saying is, that's how it works. there is no picture of things where rich people don't benefit disproportionately from all generalized gains.

if you wanna live better than a third worlder, your options are: be a poor schmuck in america; be a rich rear end in a top hat in america.

let's imagine a world where, internally, americans "level the playing field" between our rich and our poor -- guess what, fuckers. now you're RICH. now you get to be the bad guy, as everyone else in the world starves and fantasizes about murdering you.

"oh dear," you say to your spouse, "how is it, without noticing, we crossed the line? how did we compromise our moral framework and become what we always despised? is that what the world is? how did i get here?"

then you turn the music up a little louder, and pour more wine.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

gettin' high on this pure ideology, comrades

Communism will probably be the final incarnation of humanity, but we are not there yet. So realign your expectations accordingly

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

i agree. what i am saying is, that's how it works. there is no picture of things where rich people don't benefit disproportionately from all generalized gains.

if you wanna live better than a third worlder, your options are: be a poor schmuck in america; be a rich rear end in a top hat in america.

let's imagine a world where, internally, americans "level the playing field" between our rich and our poor -- guess what, fuckers. now you're RICH. now you get to be the bad guy, as everyone else in the world starves and fantasizes about murdering you.

"oh dear," you say to your spouse, "how is it, without noticing, we crossed the line? how did we compromise our moral framework and become what we always despised? is that what the world is? how did i get here?"

then you turn the music up a little louder, and pour more wine.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

nomadologique posted:

they do.

i cannot stress this enough.

everything the american government does is for america. it is not for people around the world.

everything done by the american government is done to establish favorable economic conditions for americans, that will bring wealth from all over the world, and put it into the american economy. it is because of this economy that you can go to the grocery store and buy food any day of the week. that is not a luxury that people have everywhere.

we live in luxury every single loving day. just because our internal luxury differential is huge we are fooled into thinking the american rich have luxury and the american poor have squat. that is completely insane. compared to the rest of the world, americans live in luxury every loving day. the poo poo we take for granted is enough to make a person's head explode.

don't like your shoes? they're wearing out? throw em away, go to the store, buy a new pair. you can pick from any of ten thousand kinds.

This is terrible logic. Let's not improve our nation or our lives because people are starving somewhere else.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

instead of speaking truth to power, i speak truth to the powerless, and they get annoyed, because they don't want to hear that the obnoxious and exploitative bullshit the rich have been feeding them all along is... IS REAL.

there isn't an economy in human history that wasn't trickle down, lol.

what that translates to, for you, is: it sucks to be poor.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Communism will probably be the final incarnation of humanity, but we are not there yet. So realign your expectations accordingly

Doesn't mean I have to be a cheerleader for the bourgie.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The Skeleton King posted:

This is terrible logic. Let's not improve our nation or our lives because people are starving somewhere else.

i didn't say anything about that.

go ahead. just realize that's what moral compromise looks like.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Misread as Levin Action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GtGRDvPm98&t=5550s

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

instead of speaking truth to power, i speak truth to the powerless, and they get annoyed, because they don't want to hear that the obnoxious and exploitative bullshit the rich have been feeding them all along is... IS REAL.

what that translates to, for you, is: it sucks to be poor.

Okay I'ma get serious for a moment here and say you really are chugging on ideology here and you dunno what you're talking about.

America is the richest nation in the history of the world because of the middle class, not because billionaires made it so. We have billionaires because the middle class, not because they have just always existed and deign to give us a little more. The richest feudal kings didn't have nearly the wealth Bill Gates does and that is because of a relatively rich citizen base (relative to the rest of the world).

Your cart is way way out in front of your horse here.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Toadvine posted:

With metaphors like this I'm confused whether you're defending the system in place

i neither attack nor defend what is. what would be the point in that? do you attack the color blue?

i am trying to explain economic facts, which most people, no matter what their "stance," confuse with moral considerations. they believe the economy should obey their moral ideas, but it doesn't. no more than a waterwheel would.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

i am trying to explain economic facts

Ideology intensifies!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

nomadologique posted:

all you american poors out there crying about your misery, please, try to get a handle on how much better off you are than some schmuck in a fabric factory in bangladesh.

the reason for that is because your masters are rich, and let you eat their scraps.

without them, you too would be scraping mud out of a hole wishing to die a swift death.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Okay I'ma get serious for a moment here and say you really are chugging on ideology here and you dunno what you're talking about.

America is the richest nation in the history of the world because of the middle class, not because billionaires made it so. We have billionaires because the middle class, not because they have just always existed and deign to give us a little more. The richest feudal kings didn't have nearly the wealth Bill Gates does and that is because of a relatively rich citizen base (relative to the rest of the world).

the structural shape is always the same. that the differential has accelerated shouldn't surprise us, that's the trend we observe in every other field once modern scientific/technological understanding begins to have an active role.

i don't think we disagree, the power represented by money is the motive force of the population and landscape; the size of the wallet is an index of the power wielded.

if you want to say the slaves run the plantation, i'll give it to you. they sure don't act like it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

in general, conservative hypocrisy is a lot less complicated than liberal hypocrisy, because they don't make as much of a fuss about murder and exploitation.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

if you want to say the slaves run the plantation, i'll give it to you. they sure don't act like it.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying this:

quote:

is wrong.

There isn't an economy in history where the rich people weren't wealthy as a direct function of how much wealth was produced by the masses. As the masses get more wealth, they can produce/contribute more to an economy which in turn makes the elite even richer because they can sell more goods/services. They can invest in new projects that previously would not have yielded a profit because no one would have been able to afford anything.

Apple became the biggest company in the world because people bought their phones. People bought their phones because they could afford to. If the entire world was living in the same conditions as a Brazilian favela, no one would be able to afford an iPhone and thus Apple would not be producing billionaires.

And that's why ultimately, the short sighted 'trickle down' dumb poo poo pushed these last couple decades isn't just lovely for everyone who isn't rich, it is bad Capitalism too. They are killing the golden goose (aggregate demand) in order to get a little more right now.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

A funny look into corporate culture:

We have this poo poo at my work called AIRSPEED, which is just another variation on the six sigmas, or LEAN team, or whatever efficiency-type org that comes around to lecture people at the moment.

So, this guy is up giving his little speech about how some Japanese company did a study and found that workers generally spend up to 90% of their time doing unproductive poo poo like loving off, doing double work, doing things incorrect, etc. This whole spiel is done with the idea that our work day can be micro-managed down to the point where we are much more efficient, and they guy says in passing that we are lucky because we are government workers. He says that outside, in the real world, people get laid off in efficiency drives, and we should all be aspiring to be 100% efficient.

So, I raise my hand and ask him: "If everyone becomes 100% efficient through use of your programs and workforces are cut 90% in response, who is going to buy all the poo poo everyone is cranking out at 100% efficiency?" The actual answer to this was "We don't care, we just want to do it here to save money." I'm 100% sure every other company is busy cutting their own throat thinking the same thing.

Companies in the US are busily doing the same thing to themselves. Getting rid of more and more good paying jobs that would provide them customers while having to continually cut costs and be more efficient to make up for it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
lol if you do not become an Appalachian mountain man where your only worry is bad weather and catching deer.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

So, I raise my hand and ask him: "If everyone becomes 100% efficient through use of your programs and workforces are cut 90% in response, who is going to buy all the poo poo everyone is cranking out at 100% efficiency?" The actual answer to this was "We don't care, we just want to do it here to save money." I'm 100% sure every other company is busy cutting their own throat thinking the same thing.

Yup. It's just bad Capitalism fueled by human short sightedness. Don't even need to bring Marx stuff into it at all. Famous capitalists like Henry Ford would tell you the exact same thing.

Someone has to buy the stuff you're making or you're not making money.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

NATO is a terror organization.

that's a dumb statement

nato keeps the peace in europe

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Professor SJW posted:

i dont know what the deep state is but they never called me and told me what to report. sounds like it would be cool tho! like a spy movie.

congrats on the return of your classic av

i liked your old name

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was very nice of Obama to wait for years and years and years to sign off on an executive order legalizing gay marriage until he could use it as a smokescreen to fast-track TPP through the House without an uproar. I'm sure he really deeply cared about America's minority groups and wasn't just cynically using them for his own ends.

it's always snarky poo poo with you

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Yup. It's just bad Capitalism fueled by human short sightedness. Don't even need to bring Marx stuff into it at all. Famous capitalists like Henry Ford would tell you the exact same thing.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/10/18/trump-jobs-jobs-jobs-in-colorado-springs/

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

tyrants don't arise because a surplus appears endogenously. tyrants appear, organize labor, and produce a surplus; from this, a luxury economy is born. economies are built on the forceful organization of society by violent nutjobs.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

all you american poors out there crying about your misery, please, try to get a handle on how much better off you are than some schmuck in a fabric factory in bangladesh.

the reason for that is because your masters are rich, and let you eat their scraps.

without them, you too would be scraping mud out of a hole wishing to die a swift death.

This analogy doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering how those Bangladeshi factory workers (and Chinese sweatshop workers, and Congolese people getting their villages burned down, etc) are also miserable because of the American super-wealthy.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

it's always snarky poo poo with you

And I don't even know you. Buzz off.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

Topped off by the fact that a business is considered a "failure" if it's not growing. You can start a publically owned company that makes 100 million dollars in profit a year and people will love you. But if you make 100 million dollars in profit the next year, you've "failed". Time to lay people off to pad those books!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Failing to deal with Iran now is just exacerbating problems of a future crisis. In particular, the possibility of Iran developing nuclear capabilities is very real while Obamais off trying to perfect his putting.

:agreed:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hillary's mentor was a Grand Wizard lmao

oh it's this retarded conservative meme again

you know that he apologized for his past beliefs and worked for the good of all people after awhile, right?

and never mind all the poo poo about trump and his dad refusing to rent to african americans

just keep posting lovely memes because everything conservatives do is perfect

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

tyrants appear, organize labor, and produce a surplus; from this, a luxury economy is born. economies are built on the forceful organization of society by violent nutjobs.

When has American society forcibly organized labor?

Also I think that for most of history 'labor' was forcibly organized (that's what feudalism is basically) and such schemes never produced as much wealth as societies that were more free. Europe was poor as gently caress until they stole wealth from Africa and the Americas and Asia. It's not that easy to just force organize your whole economic system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This man is on TV now and the backdrop is an ornate, gold colored Crimean curtain

• Locked thread