Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Pink pupils!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This page just proves that Incubus is trustworthy. There's nothing to be concerned about here.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Benson Cunningham posted:

It would be really dumb. Surely this might precipitate a (white) chain of events that leads to a confrontation, but to go from 0 to fighting would be the dumbest poo poo ever. Besides, I love to eat ink.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say that it would be the raddest poo poo ever, because it would be. Everybody should never not be kung fu fighting.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Her flames are a lot more pink than they were before, too.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think the one saving grace Allison has is that she has the drive to stand on her own and Rule (shown by spearing the peach tree) so while the others might be consumed without incubuses... Confidence juices? She might be able to eventually wean herself off it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Vorgen posted:

I'm pretty sure you meant to say that it would be the raddest poo poo ever, because it would be. Everybody should never not be kung fu fighting.
yeah this comic is magical because it does a lot of things that would make me say "this is so loving dumb" and stop reading if it was any other comic but operant goes all out and has the skill and imagination to make it all amazing. he's the china mieville of webcomics.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Also she is more powerful than incubus and can do whatever he can do since she has the original key can't she?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She has the superkey, but he has the skills and a lot of it is a matter of willpower too. Plus he's got a hook in her head now.

She's mostly potential right now.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
I know that a lot has happenned and character development and all, but I feel like the transition from

"Here take all of my power and become a god"
"No never you monster!"

to

"Here take some of my power and become a god"
"Sounds good"

Was a bit abrupt.

Like i hope Allison at least sends a nice apology letter to Mottom that, on second thought, her offer wasn't that bad and that she really overreacted.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RolandTower posted:

I know that a lot has happenned and character development and all, but I feel like the transition from

"Here take all of my power and become a god"
"No never you monster!"

to

"Here take some of my power and become a god"
"Sounds good"

Was a bit abrupt.

Like i hope Allison at least sends a nice apology letter to Mottom that, on second thought, her offer wasn't that bad and that she really overreacted.

Mottom's offer was "take my place and become an immoral monster like me" and Allison only rejected it after she got to see how the sausage was made, what with leading her to the tree that was watered with the blood of sacrificial maidens. Incubus' offer was "let me help you become a badass" and he didn't tell her about the hidden cost to herself and others that this had; we the readers got to see it, but not Allison.

So it's a very different deal, both in what was proposed to Allison and what it appeared to entail. As far as she knew when she accepted it, Incubus' offer wasn't for magical power, immortality, or Incubus' throne -- it was for basically a self-help book in a pill. Just say yes and you'll get the motivation to go after your dreams instead of slacking off and procrastinating.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 15, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Operant said he was gonna add a transition page so the acceptance of the offer isn't that abrupt. But he also said the next few pages are gonna kill him in terms of detail so who knows when he'll get around to it.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

AtomikKrab posted:

Also she is more powerful than incubus and can do whatever he can do since she has the original key can't she?

Here's a terrible metaphor using the Key = tuning fork for the Voice of God thing.

Allison has a cosmic megaphone but a quiet voice and no public speaking training.

The Demiurges just have microphones, but have the experience and lung strength to make Bernie Sanders seem like a 4 year old reciting a poem in comparison.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

White Coke posted:

Someone get Operant back in the thread.

Operant is busy weaving the tapestry of profanity we will see coming out of Cio's mouth once she learns what the gently caress Alison did this time. Its going to take some time.

Stormgale posted:

I think the one saving grace Allison has is that she has the drive to stand on her own and Rule (shown by spearing the peach tree) so while the others might be consumed without incubuses... Confidence juices? She might be able to eventually wean herself off it.

Well since Incubus' power is derivative from Alison's key anyway, it should not be a problem once the showdown happens.

Should. It is Alison we are talking about.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Avshalom posted:

yeah this comic is magical because it does a lot of things that would make me say "this is so loving dumb" and stop reading if it was any other comic but operant goes all out and has the skill and imagination to make it all amazing. he's the china mieville of webcomics.

the main difference imo is KSBD does not take itself very seriously unlike most other comics which are trying really hard to be Interesting and High Art and therefore manage to miss the mark completely because you can tell when someone is just trying too hard

basically the making of KSBD has a lot in common with Royalty and goD drat IT ABBADON

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Reene posted:

the main difference imo is KSBD does not take itself very seriously unlike most other comics which are trying really hard to be Interesting and High Art and therefore manage to miss the mark completely because you can tell when someone is just trying too hard

basically the making of KSBD has a lot in common with Royalty and goD drat IT ABBADON
I don't think this is entirely true. One of the selling points of this comic is that it is bizarrely, freakishly detailed and has a frankly ridiculous amount of worldbuilding. Sure, it hasn't crawled up its own rear end, but I don't think think KSBD would be nearly as good if Abbadon was just half-assing it and making a pixel comic about demons either

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Cat Mattress posted:

Mottom's offer was "take my place and become an immoral monster like me" and Allison only rejected it after she got to see how the sausage was made, what with leading her to the tree that was watered with the blood of sacrificial maidens. Incubus' offer was "let me help you become a badass" and he didn't tell her about the hidden cost to herself and others that this had; we the readers got to see it, but not Allison.

So it's a very different deal, both in what was proposed to Allison and what it appeared to entail. As far as she knew when she accepted it, Incubus' offer wasn't for magical power, immortality, or Incubus' throne -- it was for basically a self-help book in a pill. Just say yes and you'll get the motivation to go after your dreams instead of slacking off and procrastinating.

Not to mention the circumstances of each deal. Mottom made hers in a position of emotional vulnerability, and Allison was uninjured; here, Incubus made his case from a position of power (having literally infiltrated Allison's psyche), and Allison was suffering from debilitating injuries/pain/feeling used/the prospect of fighting a dragon god for Zaid's life. It's no wonder that she was more susceptible to an offer of power when she felt weak.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

KSBD takes itself just seriously enough to know when it's time to bust out the booze and break into song.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

oh he puts tons of effort into it but that's a separate thing from Tryhardness

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Reene posted:

oh he puts tons of effort into it but that's a separate thing from Tryhardness

I think what you're trying to say with this really miniscule distinction is "I like it so it's okay"

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
K6BD is fun enough to have a drinking battle between the protagonist and a devil, but serious enough to commit to it when it happens and deal with the consequences that result. It's great. The comic leans into what it is as hard as it can while maintaining a consistent tone for its characters.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

K6BD is fun enough to have a drinking battle between the protagonist and a devil, but serious enough to commit to it when it happens and deal with the consequences that result. It's great. The comic leans into what it is as hard as it can while maintaining a consistent tone for its characters.
This is a good way to put it, yeah. It's an absurd comic: hilariously, consistently, grossly, horrifically, terrifyingly absurd.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

flatluigi posted:

I think what you're trying to say with this really miniscule distinction is "I like it so it's okay"

nah I like plenty of stuff that is bad and not okay

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Its a good comic brent

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Allison has made nothing but good decisions to-day

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

paranoid randroid posted:

Allison has made nothing but good decisions to-day

She did appoint a court fan fic writer, so yeah.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

JT Jag posted:

I don't think this is entirely true. One of the selling points of this comic is that it is bizarrely, freakishly detailed and has a frankly ridiculous amount of worldbuilding. Sure, it hasn't crawled up its own rear end, but I don't think think KSBD would be nearly as good if Abbadon was just half-assing it and making a pixel comic about demons either
Operant usually has a monthly chat with Patreon folks. I missed nearly all of them, but one thing stuck out more than all others. Someone brought up the worldbuilding, and he replied it developed around the story he was trying to tell rather than the other way around. It's probably why he's gone back to fix a few things (especially in the first book) as it all gets fleshed out better in his head.

K6BD is at its heart a kicking rad story that's gifted with an author that can take a few lines of reference and paint them so vividly they become something new and of themselves.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

SexyBlindfold posted:

code:
                   PREE AL-YISUN RUTH
            Harbinger of the Third Conquest
          Second and Final King of the Cosmos 
          Heiress of the Seven-Part Universe 
           Slayer of the Seven-Headed Beast 
                KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS 
      Honorary President of the Bad Decision Club
Employee of the Month, 7th Street Starbucks, May 2014
      Moderator, Sailor Scouts Forum, 2005-2010

Yes. Good. This is how it ends.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This continues to be a good comic and I love it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

This continues to be a good comic and I love it

I realized this was going to be an edit before I finished scrolling down, and knowing this thread, I suspected something completely different.

(i expected edited alison to have grown a giant blurred out dick)

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

SexyBlindfold posted:

code:
                   PREE AL-YISUN RUTH
            Harbinger of the Third Conquest
          Second and Final King of the Cosmos 
          Heiress of the Seven-Part Universe 
           Slayer of the Seven-Headed Beast 
                KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS 
      Honorary President of the Bad Decision Club
Employee of the Month, 7th Street Starbucks, May 2014
      Moderator, Sailor Scouts Forum, 2005-2010
She's not only the President of the Bad Decisions Club. She's also a member.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I was kinda expecting her to say "groovy" instead.

vvvvv :kimchi:

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 15, 2017

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bell_ posted:

I was kinda expecting her to say "groovy" instead.

ok.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Also in case somebody's in need of a new av:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Good....Bad....I'm the one with the Power of Royalty.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It was the background music that convinced Allison to take the deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M90tA302X3k

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TheRagamuffin posted:

Good....Bad....I'm the one with the Power of Royalty.

Hail to the King, baby.

Doesn't even need adaptation.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

shirts and skins posted:

Hail to the Queen, baby.

Doesn't even need adaptation.

Fixed

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love this thread so goddamn much. :allears:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Alison is a Rising King, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Think it works as-is. http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-95/