Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Just because I want to lol again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The best things come in +HR=Es

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Truly the dai henwood of network logos

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Ghostlight posted:

The best things come in +HR=Es

+HR=35

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I barely been away a week and New Zealand has doubled it's grain factor.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Do you mean groan factor? Because everything is lame.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Everything is low quality and gets worse the closer you look at it?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Everything is awesome

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's Friday, and I'm full of food from a conference and wondering what to do

Maybe I'll marathon Rick and Morty again

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

It's Friday, and I'm full of food from a conference and wondering what to do

Maybe I'll marathon Rick and Morty again

Go on steam

Buy the first cheap game not in your library already

LP that poo poo live and unscripted for our amusement

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I used to do that, actually. terriblevisualnovelsandcopioushardliquor was the stream name.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
urinate on a poor person while shouting THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU SHOULD BUY LESS CIGGIES

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

urinate on a poor person while shouting THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU SHOULD BUY LESS CIGGIES

I loving knew Max Key was a goon

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I have met surreptitious muffin and I can confirm he is max key

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

None of you have ever met me and I'm starting to think you want to continue that course of affairs.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Don't meet anyone who posts in this, the bad thread, imo.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I love watching cricket; it reminds me that dairy farmers exist and have their own targeted advertising.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I do feel like buying some grass-seed now though.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Don't meet anyone who posts in this, the bad thread, imo.

All threads are bad

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Never loving meet a goon. If they were worth hanging out with they wouldn't be posting on this forum in the first place.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Never loving meet a goon. If they were worth hanging out with they wouldn't be posting on this forum in the first place.

:chloe:

I have met about 15 goons (without a terrible amount of effort) and they have all been p cool actually

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Schwa posted:

I have met about 15 goons (without a terrible amount of effort) and they have all been p cool actually

I have only met one so far and he is 110% awesome.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I have met like 9 or 10 goons and it has gone well for me tbh

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

The Schwa posted:

bike tory posted:

I have met like 9 or 10 goons and it has gone well for me tbh
you take that back

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I am not a pleasant person to be around, goons.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'm pretty awesome tbh

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Citation needed.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

J/k I'm sure you're a good oval office

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's election year so does that mean we can start talking about poll results yet?

National 46%
Labour/Greens 41% (30/11)
NZF 11%
Mana, Maori and ACT all 1%

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

After what happened with the polls in the states, I don't really put any stock in them whatsoever.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

After what happened with the polls in the states, I don't really put any stock in them whatsoever.

After what happened in the states I predict a lot more turnout from people who would normally be apathetic

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Somfin posted:

After what happened in the states I predict a lot more turnout from people who would normally be apathetic

After three terms of Key, I wouldn't put money on it.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

After what happened in The States. Yeehaw! Hold my beer imma go vote!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Three terms of Key and Trump on top of that are what have made me apathetic.

emminou
May 25, 2006

Pharmac is apparently considering funding tampons and pads, but lol at this part of the article:

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

WarpedNaba posted:

There was no problem with the polls in the states. They showed a close race with Trump behind but well within a high margin of error. A lot of people not called fivethirtyeight interpreted them badly.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The big issue is not the polls but the fact that most people, especially reporters have no idea about statistics. Having studied science I know enough about statistics and interpreting them to say "oh gently caress that is complex poo poo I can barely understand." Before that my high school education made me think pfft stats is easy it is just percentages and ratios.
I think that 538 gave Trump a 30% chance of winning on the morning of Election Day. Which while unlikely it was still a realistic chance.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Varkk posted:

The big issue is not the polls but the fact that most people, especially reporters have no idea about statistics. Having studied science I know enough about statistics and interpreting them to say "oh gently caress that is complex poo poo I can barely understand." Before that my high school education made me think pfft stats is easy it is just percentages and ratios.
I think that 538 gave Trump a 30% chance of winning on the morning of Election Day. Which while unlikely it was still a realistic chance.

I mean, poo poo, people get mixed up like that over the weather. IT SAID 30% CHANCE OF RAIN I LEFT MY COAT AT HOME AND GOT WET.

Well, yeah... today the 30% won?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:xcom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

newtestleper posted:

There was no problem with the polls in the states. They showed a close race with Trump behind but well within a high margin of error. A lot of people not called fivethirtyeight interpreted them badly.

Apart from a bunch of Michigan and Pennsylvania state polls that often showed Dems being 10 points or more up, done by the same reputable polling firms that were within MoE in national polling, and other state polling. Something really got hosed up there.

• Locked thread