Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

doesn't he say he was just given the information? he's been saying that poo poo for months.

I'm assuming he means "It's not my fault if I'm wrong, I'm just repeating what someone else said", not "I just now received this information". Either way, it's a terrible excuse, taken at face value one means it's OK to parrot incorrect info without fact checking, the other means he's suffering from senile dementia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

*flails around gayly in a mocking version of trump's mocking version of that disabled guy.*
"uhuhuhhuhhh I don't know! uhhh it was just republican victories uhuhhhhuuu hhhhhhh I don't remember! I was given that information! it was given to me."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

i just realized there is at least one SS agent thinking "man I gotta take a bullet for this guy?" and I'm lollin

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

int: white house, day. terrorists are attacking

GERARD BUTLER, secret service muscle man screams:
GET DOWN MISTER PRESIDENT!

MEDIUM SHOT: secret service muscle man running in slow motion to leap in front of the hail of terror bullets, but we pull out to reveal everything happening around him in real time, he's just running comically slow

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hahahahahahahahaha

god I just remembered when I was all butthurt about Bush coming across as kinda dumb

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

he has dementia very bigly

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I'm assuming he means "It's not my fault if I'm wrong, I'm just repeating what someone else said", not "I just now received this information". Either way, it's a terrible excuse, taken at face value one means it's OK to parrot incorrect info without fact checking, the other means he's suffering from senile dementia

Its just easier to blame his staff/anyone else than take any responsibility for the poo poo he says, his supporters are the same type people in my experience

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*flails around gayly in a mocking version of trump's mocking version of that disabled guy.*
"uhuhuhhuhhh I don't know! uhhh it was just republican victories uhuhhhhuuu hhhhhhh I don't remember! I was given that information! it was given to me."
Posting up another lol

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Have something to say about how the fake media reports on Trump? Let them know here so they can create their own fake polls to counteract the media's claims about themselves. Just let DT know how much you distrust the media!

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mai...tm_source=e_p-p

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

this post-truth poo poo is unironically 100% the thing that will lead to the destruction of this country. like, it's happening right now.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Professor SJW posted:

this post-truth poo poo is unironically 100% the thing that will lead to the destruction of this country. like, it's happening right now.

yeah

Atarch
Feb 11, 2017

Spoopy Ghost
So far I've had to deal with daily bitching from my wife about how he's president, so in that regard it's been fun.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Yes, make modern art great again

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Professor SJW posted:

yes.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Professor SJW posted:

I can't wait to die... Lol it's gonna be great

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

gently caress, i was kind of hoping you guys wouldn't agree with me. i'm scared of what's happening to america and i want to be wrong.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lol literal spontaneous raspberry from me

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I think the best we got is called, "riding the wave"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Professor SJW posted:

gently caress, i was kind of hoping you guys wouldn't agree with me. i'm scared of what's happening to america and i want to be wrong.

http://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-weapons/hair-trigger-alert/close-calls#.WKYwgG8rId4

lol we threaded the needle on a bunch of these because human judgement and restraint prevailed, and now we all feel there's a not insignificant chance we'll end our 70 year run of not loving this up not because of a miscalculation over tensions or even because of an honest human error, but because we elected a senile retard to head the world's leading nuclear power

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
lolling at the bad things you can do with uranium and also the reset with the cheap plastic, lmao at putin all like "oh obamacare" while hillary tries to reset with the cheap plastic button and putin is all like "i cant hold all this 20% of the uranium". bigly

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

How do we think the Russians/Putin reacted to Trump joking about blowing up the spy ship? Would it be lol?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Did anyone see the interview with Sebastian Gorka on BBC Newsnight, just kept on shouting down all the presenters questions as fake news, as nutty as Trumpo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The saddest thing is that trump isn't only bad for the us but for democracies everywhere, authoritarians worldwide are basically pointing at him and going "see? SEE!?!"

lol :suicide:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yer Burnt posted:

How do we think the Russians/Putin reacted to Trump joking about blowing up the spy ship? Would it be lol?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

free hubcaps posted:

The saddest thing is that trump isn't only bad for the us but for democracies everywhere, authoritarians worldwide are basically pointing at him and going "see? SEE!?!"

lol :suicide:

My hope is this has a counterproductive effect as people become tainted by association. We'll see what happens with Marine Le Pen in France I guess.

lol I have hope hahahahaha

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

http://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-weapons/hair-trigger-alert/close-calls#.WKYwgG8rId4

lol we threaded the needle on a bunch of these because human judgement and restraint prevailed, and now we all feel there's a not insignificant chance we'll end our 70 year run of not loving this up not because of a miscalculation over tensions or even because of an honest human error, but because we elected a senile retard to head the world's leading nuclear power

i think about this stuff a lot. how the fate of the world came down to like one low-wage guy who questioned orders.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24280831

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9RrTzcDcw0

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's old Stanislav but there's also this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov

quote:

Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov (Russian: Василий Александрович Архипов) (30 January 1926 – 19 August 1998) was a Soviet Navy officer who is credited with casting the single vote that prevented a Soviet nuclear strike (and presumably all out nuclear war) during the Cuban Missile Crisis. As flotilla commander and second-in-command of the nuclear-missile submarine B-59, only Arkhipov refused to authorize the captain's use of nuclear torpedoes against the United States Navy, a decision requiring the agreement of all three senior officers aboard. In 2002 Thomas Blanton, who was then director of the US National Security Archive, said that "Vasili Arkhipov saved the world".[1]

Been quite a few close calls lol.

quote:

An argument broke out, with only Arkhipov against the launch. Arkhipov eventually persuaded Savitsky to surface and await orders from Moscow. This effectively averted the nuclear warfare which probably would have ensued if the nuclear weapon had been fired.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Did anyone see the interview with Sebastian Gorka on BBC Newsnight, just kept on shouting down all the presenters questions as fake news, as nutty as Trumpo.

do you think people will keep encouraging this behavior or will it go out of fashion once enough realize it's not being a cool punk rock conservative fighting the msm thing but just a way to avoid tough questions

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
*checks doomsday clock* ah 3 minutes to midnight, time for my scheduled lol.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

There's old Stanislav but there's also this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov

Been quite a few close calls lol.

and didn't putin say they are increasing nuclear stockpiles and then trump tweeted right after that we are too?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
laughing out loud as the grim spectre of nuclear death slowly tightens his charred bony grip on our idiot throats again

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose Mengelez posted:

laughing out loud as the grim spectre of nuclear death slowly tightens his charred bony grip on our idiot throats again

embrace Atom's holy division, comrade

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Anyone else's Trump-supporting Facebook friends oddly silent these past few weeks? Or is it just me?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Archaic posted:

Anyone else's Trump-supporting Facebook friends oddly silent these past few weeks? Or is it just me?

i'm seeing a shift in news post comments. a lot more trump hate and a lot less trump love.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

i'm seeing a shift in news post comments. a lot more trump hate and a lot less trump love.

that kind of is interesting actually lol

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

The Archaic posted:

Less talking about how much Trump is loving everything up and more talking about terrible welfare Queens and how many one that hasn't joined the army is a poo poo sucking leech on society

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I've seen a single pepe since the election, where's that lil guy gone?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i know linking tweets is cheap but lol
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/832375230274400256

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yassssssss gently caress the water more coal baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

gonadic io posted:

I've got my fingers crossed for the literal "Donald Trump rants and raves" headlines tomorrow

I gotcha

Only registered members can see post attachments!