Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

Typing of the Marvel?
Honestly, I'd play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Overminty posted:

One of the loading screens says they drop but I've never seen it in ~450 hours of play.

I'm pretty sure I have, though the loading screens still say a lot of things that are no longer true, so it's hard to say. I know it used to be, but Asros is doubling down on the idea that costumes should come from the store "for clarity". Nevermind that this includes two different types of costumes that are not always available, a bunch that are hidden inside fortune cards, and four that never will be available again. If you see a costume you like, should totally just know that you need to hit the store to get it yourself.

madstrike posted:

He fires energy from his hands and not his head antennas.

#notmyblackbolt

:colbert:

This is what they get for making the default costume the only one in his history that doesn't have an antenna on the head. Even when he's wearing formal wear at his club, he wears the antenna. But this one? Nope, we're just going to draw the design of it into a patch on his forehead.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
As a Blackagar Boltagon fan

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

The new shield supply boxes have a rare chance to drop costumes, among other things.

On the first day they came out, someone said they supposedly got two costumes and a hero token from one of their boxes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone has made She-Hulk great again.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I question the use of the word "again".

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Overminty posted:

One of the loading screens says they drop but I've never seen it in ~450 hours of play.

I got a costume drop on my first 10 minutes with the game in the 'old' (new account only) tutorial. Think i got another one almost 900h later.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

He looks like this ATM:

vvv: Indeed. And apparently there's still people that prefer the old one, mad bastards.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 17, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Holy poo poo that is a huge change.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The chapter world bosses like Electro, Venom, Rhino etc. used to drop a costume almost every kill.

Good times.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

He looks like this ATM:

vvv: Indeed. And apparently there's still people that prefer the old one, mad bastards.

One of the costumes I ground up because it looked like garbo :/

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

That's mikwuyama, he's always been a shulk savant

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Only hulk costume that matters is Mr Fixit

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I wonder if they'll make the Horseman Hulk costume not look like garish trash, or if that's even possible.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I wonder if they'll make the Horseman Hulk costume not look like garish trash, or if that's even possible.

that change wouldn't be canon

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

he face look to angry

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Kokoro Wish posted:

He looks like this ATM:

Lol I definitely prefer the old cartoony look, now it looks like Hitler took a bad dose of gamma rays

e] It's all a huge improvement except his face, which is like, absurdly bad :psyduck:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 17, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Grumpy Thor, best Thor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

^^ his face is a departure but I would say still a vast improvement over his base model face which looks like they took Eric Bana's face and shrunk it too far down.

Mover posted:

Only hulk costume that matters is Mr Fixit
The costume so nice they made it twice.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Ghostlight posted:

^^ his face is a departure but I would say still a vast improvement over his base model face which looks like they took Eric Bana's face and shrunk it too far down.

The costume so nice they made it twice.

Now he looks like Horror from the Pagemaster badly photoshopped onto a wrestler's body. That face model is hilariously bad

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

if they ever update symbiote spidey i might play again

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

On ranged Thor:

Has anyone attempted using the autocrit talent for hammer of storms without using the tier one +75% damage and a cooldown talent, using it with crack the sky as a sort of weaving layer?

I've been loving around with it but curious if more seriously number minded people might weigh in

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Yes, I did. Nothing makes Hammer of Storms not bad. But otherwise Thor is great atm.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/832454123790307329

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
drat, when did Gumbo become so fun? He's like this awesome hybrid aoe explosion man.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Kokoro Wish posted:

He looks like this ATM:

So the bottom one is the new one, right? Because it looks 10000% better.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
New hulk man looks like some poopy pants dude from PoE. 0/10 do not want. Can someone highlight the known problem zones with some red circles? Currently phone posting so do not have the technical capabilities.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I don't even know which one is the new one

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The one that looks incredibly detailed and also lovely.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Jusupov posted:

I don't even know which one is the new one

The one that looks like it's a Michael Bay ninja turtle

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

The faces are the problem. Maybe it looks better ingame , idk.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

From the Black Bolt Pre-Order Blurb posted:

Having experienced terrigenesis before he was born, Blackagar Boltagon was granted frighteningly destructive powers. With a voice strong enough to destroy whole worlds, his parents would isolate and teach him to control his abilities. Finding silent companionship in one of his few visitors, Medusalith Amaquelin, the two’s romance would blossom into marriage.

quote:

Finding silent companionship in one of his few visitors, Medusalith Amaquelin, the two’s romance would blossom into marriage.

quote:

Medusalith Amaquelin

Medusalith

Amaquelin

I hate you so much right now, Marvel.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Medusa-Lilith Imaqueen

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Fun Fact: She's his first cousin

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Kissing cousins

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

new cosmics

just like old cosmics

(bad)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lozareth posted:

I want my GR default costumes back from the grinder. :mad:

You wish, visual updates turn the default into the new look unless they completely replace the costume Captain Marvel-style. I'm still pining for my pre-Liefeldized default/first appearance Caps :911:

punchymcpunch posted:

The one that looks incredibly detailed and also lovely.

Welcome to at least half the visual updates! I bet if you posted them in the awesome/awful mods thread untagged most people would take them for lovely mods instead of official releases.

That said, wrinkleface trapped in a farty elevator Thor owns

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
It's also exactly how he looks in the comics at the moment.

Pugnatious faced, unhappy Thor, best Thor.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They need to go back to the drawing board and just dadbod em all, Doc Ock is the best work they've ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gibbering Madness posted:

Can someone highlight the known problem zones with some red circles? Currently phone posting so do not have the technical capabilities.