Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

emfive posted:

Hey I've been working my way through some food blog's list of "great chili in Austin" and so far most of it is not great.

Takes advice from foody blogs
Is disappointed

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

80/20 is way better mate wtf

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You keep changing the thread title but not the day.

It's been day 26, and it will continue to be day 26 until after the impeachment. The kid with ocarina gets a little closer every time. He's also witnessed the nuclear annihilation of the entire world more than fifty times, and he's starting to get a little jaded.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bip Roberts posted:

worse, indiana

ah. i think those pork loin sandwiches are big in iowa too. big as in popular, but also big as in large. and therein lies the problem. one of the worse food trends is making something big and calling it novel. if your sandwich doesn't fit in a person's mouth, then it has failed as a sandwich. also, ketchup on pork is a war crime.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

STAC Goat posted:

The easiest solution is to just cook it on a raised grate, no? I know they make those meatloaf pans that have an inserted grate in a slightly larger pan.

Yea I have one of those but it's still not satisfying. However this discussion is inspiring me.

One of my kids doesn't eat beef so I make meatballs from a combo of turkey and pork and those come out great. Maybe I'll try a meat loaf like that. However I'm still thinking about double-cooking the slices and then maybe melting mozzarella over them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you serving 95/5 garbage??

no wonder your wife left you

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

finally, a message we can all agree on

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

when is somethign going to replace "make" int eh pholl

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to integrate paprika into my cooking practice, how/when should it be used

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

say hi for me.

he's in a booth putting the moves on some chick (really)

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

MariusLecter posted:

Takes advice from foody blogs
Is disappointed

Lmao

yea fair enough, that's kind-of why I was doing it, to validate my suspicions

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
80/10 85/15 and 80/20 all have their uses and you probably just suck if you only use one in your cooking

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund

emfive posted:

It's also really tricky to deal with the fat/liquid exuded from the meat while it cooks. I guess maybe it'd work better to cook it like you cook biscotti: cook the loaf, slice it up, then bake (or roast/grill) the slices.

I don't think I've ever tried that.

[edit] now that I think of it that's obviously the right thing to do.

There's a trick to this, you form a concentric ring in a baking pan and then the you can drain the fat at the end easier. Not as "loafy" though.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

euphronius posted:

You may as well be eating a damp towel at 95/5

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the reason meatloaf sucks is that for the same or a little more effort you can make so many things that are so much better

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tonetta posted:

80/10 85/15 and 80/20 all have their uses and you probably just suck if you only use one in your cooking

If you're still using beef instead of yak then you've basically failed at cooking regardless.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

saving this to post in response to everyone who complains about SJWs or political correctness ever again

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

That DICK! posted:

ii made a tweet today that got l ike, 7 retweets.

congrats.

I made meatball subs the other night. Half ground beef. Half spicy Italian sausage. Amazing. Would probably make a good meatloaf.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

wait a minute, is the white house no longer going to have a dog

has trump ever expressed affection or even emotion to a dog?

has trump ever seen a dog-like animal yout hink

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

looks like a chicken fried steak on a bun to me

translation: loving delicious

looks more like wiener schnitzel to me

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm trying to think of a bigger red flag than "Austin food blog"....nothing

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the reason meatloaf sucks is that for the same or a little more effort you can make so many things that are so much better

agreed

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pork-and-ricotta-meatballs-in-tomato-sauce

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zeal posted:

i want to integrate paprika into my cooking practice, how/when should it be used

Just toss it on everything, potatoes, eggs, chicken, whatever. It goes bad way faster than most other dried spices. Also smoked paprika owns.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

wait a minute, is the white house no longer going to have a dog

has trump ever expressed affection or even emotion to a dog?

has trump ever seen a dog-like animal yout hink

He says "like a dog!" a lot when he's really happy about something

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's been day 26, and it will continue to be day 26 until after the impeachment. The kid with ocarina gets a little closer every time. He's also witnessed the nuclear annihilation of the entire world more than fifty times, and he's starting to get a little jaded.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

holy gently caress 3k posts, wtf happened??

tell me, maddow...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

uuuuuuhhhhhhh uuuuuummmmmm uuuuh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trash Trick posted:

tell me, maddow...

:justpost:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and still the worst state gop account

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/832401555244642308

Trash Trick posted:

tell me, maddow...

thanks for the reminder it's 9pm and this will still not change the minds of magas

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the white house easter egg roll goes all the way back to the rutherford b hayes admin but I bet it ends now unless ivanka wants to do it

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

twitter is autobanning gamergate pissheads and i'm just like :allears:

https://twitter.com/Crisprtek/status/832349607300648960

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

zeal posted:

If you live in the Southwest you might be happier looking for "varietal" pepper powders, or different kinds of chili powders. Paprika is basically the same thing, but it's generally made from relatively non-exciting pepper varietals grown in central Europe. Some paprika can be really good, but usually it's pretty meh.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

and still the worst state gop account

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/832401555244642308

thanks for the reminder it's 9pm and this will still not change the minds of magas

#TrumpPissConference

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm trying to think of a bigger red flag than "Austin food blog"....nothing

depending what you're looking for 'ex-sjw' 'ex-liberal' 'SA mod'

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

alright, i'm about to bring up the realest poo poo

what's the best cornbread

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

euphronius posted:

:iceburn:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

any day now...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Trash Trick posted:

tell me, maddow...

forget Maddow and see for urself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGqhhx8cxMg

:q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Just toss it on everything, potatoes, eggs, chicken, whatever. It goes bad way faster than most other dried spices. Also smoked paprika owns.

i use smoked pprika and chipotle ib way toomanu thijgs, can cpngirm that tjwy own bones

• Locked thread