Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Message Seeso and add to the throng of international viewers creating an incentive to pay for licensing

Given that it's all coming out on the 23rd, I think it'd be way too late to do anything like that and implement it before the international viewers just resort to pirating the episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

flatluigi posted:

Given that it's all coming out on the 23rd, I think it'd be way too late to do anything like that and implement it before the international viewers just resort to pirating the episodes

Oh yeah, it would be purely prospective. The current eps will be justifiably pirated.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Hey, maybe this was already pointed out at the time, but in TAZ I just realized that the vision of the Hunger swallowing up the planar system came out of a black opal disk - and the teardrop at Paloma's that made the freaky prophecy was described as pitch black with a lot of different colors flashing inside of it, which is exactly what black opal looks like.

(Also noticed that one of the two 'terrible options' in that vision was exactly the same thing we saw in the astral plane in this latest episode - ocean of tar with things moving underneath the water, under a black sky.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/832387647335182336

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

There's like a 30 day trial for Seeso right? I wanna watch the McelShow, but at the same time I don't really want to subscribe

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

PostNouveau posted:

Really the one that's most weird to see live is Elliott Kalan in the Q&A afterward.

https://www.facebook.com/seesotv/videos/1858478124395225/

He's somehow got all the characteristics I pictured him having, but still looks nothing like I thought he would.

The Flophouse is probably the only time I've ever seen a group of podcast hosts and instantly knew who each one was.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Not gonna lie, Travis's beard and nail polish combo is oddly hot.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Griffin's transition jokes didn't quite land for me. Too monkeycheese in an otherwise solid 26 minutes of goofs.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Crisco Kid posted:

The Flophouse is probably the only time I've ever seen a group of podcast hosts and instantly knew who each one was.

Is the Flophouse the one where the MaxFun advert has the thing where they go "singing long irritaaaating songs like this oneeeee..." because that makes me not want to listen to that show.

Also the advert for One Bad Mother makes me hate that show as well, even though I've never listened to it.

Anyway MBMBaMTV was dope and I'm super bummed that it's not available in my country.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

In short, the Elliott Kalan songs are the Sadlibs of the Flophouse

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tears In A Vial posted:

Is the Flophouse the one where the MaxFun advert has the thing where they go "singing long irritaaaating songs like this oneeeee..." because that makes me not want to listen to that show.

Also the advert for One Bad Mother makes me hate that show as well, even though I've never listened to it.

Anyway MBMBaMTV was dope and I'm super bummed that it's not available in my country.

OOoh, time to make a glib comment about how this thread occasionally discusses how bad the MaxFun ads are!

I do find it really funny that the Beef and Dairy Network apparently now has to tell people that they aren't a podcast that's actually about the actual beef and dairy industry. Not funny enough to find out what it is though.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

OOoh, time to make a glib comment about how this thread occasionally discusses how bad the MaxFun ads are!

I do find it really funny that the Beef and Dairy Network apparently now has to tell people that they aren't a podcast that's actually about the actual beef and dairy industry. Not funny enough to find out what it is though.

I've had it in my list to listen to for ages, but haven't gotten around to it. The adverts have always said "In case it's not clear, this IS a comedy podcast" but the new advert kind of hit you over the head with it, right?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

showbiz_liz posted:

Not gonna lie, Travis's beard and nail polish combo is oddly hot.

I was just asking myself how the hell was into this and who it was for so thank you. I can honestly not come up with a reason why it's annoying to me when a guy does it since there's really no difference, I guess I'm just feeling my normative socialization. I think maybe in the context of Travis it just feels like another affectation, but what the hell isn't if you think about it?

I'm so conflicted about something so insignificant and I think I just needed to let it out, thanks folks.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I think the nail polish looks pretty good on him

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

I was just asking myself how the hell was into this and who it was for so thank you. I can honestly not come up with a reason why it's annoying to me when a guy does it since there's really no difference, I guess I'm just feeling my normative socialization. I think maybe in the context of Travis it just feels like another affectation, but what the hell isn't if you think about it?

I'm so conflicted about something so insignificant and I think I just needed to let it out, thanks folks.
Speaking for myself, when a man does something gender-bendy, it indicates that they're probably more willing to push back against pointless boundaries in general, and less likely than average to approach interactions with women as a rah-rah alpha male who expects women to conform to a certain idea of what women should be. As a big loving weirdo myself, that's attractive. It's the same thing as Taako's skirt, which a lot of people are crazy for.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

don't let The Man control you

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Of the beard/nail polish combo, I think the beard needs to go.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crisco Kid posted:

Yeah it's super easy, Stuart is the huge party animal lookin dude, Elliot is the scrawny little nerdlinger and Dan looks like the anthropomorphized concept of depression.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Scudworth posted:

The beard makes it though! I'm not a beard guy really, but as far as beards go: dang.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Tears In A Vial posted:

That was what made me not want to listen to it for a very long time. Its ended up being one of my favorites after I gave in though.

Adding to the MclChat the mayor blackmail attempt had me rolling.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

showbiz_liz posted:

Speaking for myself, when a man does something gender-bendy, it indicates that they're probably more willing to push back against pointless boundaries in general, and less likely than average to approach interactions with women as a rah-rah alpha male who expects women to conform to a certain idea of what women should be. As a big loving weirdo myself, that's attractive. It's the same thing as Taako's skirt, which a lot of people are crazy for.

Yeah I can get that, it seems like it would help to put people less on guard, the cool ones anyway. And also, after having watched the episode, Travis has really clawed his way back into my heart. He had some great one liners.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Improbable Lobster posted:

Welcome to the goosedown

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

Scudworth posted:

Counterpoint: the contrast of big lumberjack beard and painted nails is an interesting surprise. Travis' presentation is at once the most masculine and the most feminine of the brothers, and comfortable with both. (agreed this is hot)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/832404588745461760

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

VanSandman posted:

Griffin's transition jokes didn't quite land for me. Too monkeycheese in an otherwise solid 26 minutes of goofs.

The second one was like this for me, right up until the very end of it when he got to "and then a star wipe."

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ariong posted:

The second one was like this for me, right up until the very end of it when he got to "and then a star wipe."

I think Griffinsitions are basically Griffin in his 'Beginning of The Money Zone during an episode of TAZ' mode: super rushed improv, and whatever comes out just deal with it. Sometimes those fall flat but sometimes they're really unexpectedly funny

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

Jeffery Tambourine Punching A Tiger was meh for me but the elaborate Shrek crash sold it for me

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Justin hangs up iphones in the weirdest way and I can't unsee it now.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Hope you enjoy the experience of simply cybersex blast off into cybersex Joe Biden.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Nobody seems to have posted it yet, so here's the new Car Boys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OJ1JRWJCJ0

today on car boys: ant boys

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I was really hoping they'd go inside the house at some point.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Tv chat: Props to the spider handler guy for being apparently being a super chill dude and taking the brothers constantly slamming his... pets? (products? lifestyle? whatever,) in good humour.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scudworth posted:

nah that's a solid beard, but it could proably use a bit more grooming tbh

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Don't do a hit.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Roach Warehouse posted:

Tv chat: Props to the spider handler guy for being apparently being a super chill dude and taking the brothers constantly slamming his... pets? (products? lifestyle? whatever,) in good humour.

I like the gentle but serious grip he had on Travis's wrist at first. I can only assume it was to keep him from flinging that spider across the room.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think this got lost in the TV show shuffle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OJ1JRWJCJ0

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I liked the TV show but thought the camera was oddly shaky (especially in the ad agency)?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
The TV show is really good, but then again I did watch an episode of the fairly bad Throwing Shade TV show before just for contrast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Roach Warehouse posted:

His genuine excitement when Travis agrees to have spider walk across his hand was a highlight of this episode for me. That whole segment was genuinely great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SpacePig posted:

His genuine excitement when Travis agrees to have spider walk across his hand was a highlight of this episode for me. That whole segment was genuinely great.

I liked how Griffin was encouraging Travis throughout that entire ordeal, and how spider guy gave him a high-five afterwards. :unsmith:

Some Good Brothers, imo.