Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

DoctorGonzo posted:

The original DX was great but is nowhere more important than the nwo. Hell, the Horsemen and the Freebirds are more important than DX imo.

DX renting a jeep and putting a prop cannon on it was THE most important moment of the Attitude Era!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ostentatious posted:

all im suggesting is maybe dont write off a thing that may or may not even happen before it has even started because it could surprise you instead of clutching ur pearls over a man with a weird forehead being involved

How about no. HHH sucks.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Triple H is going to reform Evolution with Chris Hero, Samoa Joe, and Kevin Owens. To fit in with the rest of the group, he's gonna get really loving fat, and then the 4 of them are going to feud with Scott Steiner.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DoctorGonzo posted:

The original DX was great but is nowhere more important than the nwo. Hell, the Horsemen and the Freebirds are more important than DX imo.

NWO had a NASCAR

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Midnightghoul posted:

NWO had a NASCAR

Hogan offered to let the dude teach Nick how to drive a car too

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Roman, Owens, Strowman and Joe form a stable with Asuka. They win but Joe's like Raphael who is a loner and the Big Dog is like Leo, try hard wannabe leader. Anyway. Owens and Strowman end up gelling well together and enjoy working together. Nakamura debuts and points out to Owens how good friends they are. Owens is now in a dilemma and it is resolved by him turning on the group by beating Strowman, who is simple minded and confused why he's being hurt. Asuka laughs. The group implodes. Asuka laughs. Jericho and Sami comfort Strowman explaining they understand too well. Asuka laughs. Afterwards Roman and Joe try a two man power trip only Joe is the one that wins any titles and Roman is a liability. Asuka laughs.

The stable is actually manged not by Hunter but by Bo Dallas and it is called Bo-volution.

This will entertain me more than Hunter going for another Evolution because can we get these guys their own identity?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell, Sable was more important than HHH in the Attitude Era.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hell, Sable was more important than HHH in the Attitude Era.

Thats why they were trying to make Emmalina the new Sable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

Roman, Owens, Strowman and Joe form a stable with Asuka. They win but Joe's like Raphael who is a loner and the Big Dog is like Leo, try hard wannabe leader. Anyway. Owens and Strowman end up gelling well together and enjoy working together. Nakamura debuts and points out to Owens how good friends they are. Owens is now in a dilemma and it is resolved by him turning on the group by beating Strowman, who is simple minded and confused why he's being hurt. Asuka laughs. The group implodes. Asuka laughs. Jericho and Sami comfort Strowman explaining they understand too well. Asuka laughs. Afterwards Roman and Joe try a two man power trip only Joe is the one that wins any titles and Roman is a liability. Asuka laughs.

The stable is actually manged not by Hunter but by Bo Dallas and it is called Bo-volution.

This will entertain me more than Hunter going for another Evolution because can we get these guys their own identity?

Their own identity where, whenever HHH isn't on screen with them, they spend the duration of their promo time asking where HHH is

Just in case the audience might forget about HHH

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Their own identity where, whenever HHH isn't on screen with them, they spend the duration of their promo time asking where HHH is

We could also have vignettes where Joe and Owens squabble over who papa Hunter loves more while Roman cries that Hunter never loved him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Sal is wearing a List of Jericho shirt on the new Impractical Jokers. God Bless.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It just dawned on me they already did this during the MNF section of the year where Seth spent months demanding to know where HHH is :laffo:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

"You see, Triple H, it's not about what I want... it's not about what I want, it's about what these people want." Triple H pauses his promo to himself, gesturing to a crowd full of mannequins with pictures of Triple H taped to them.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Abroham Lincoln posted:

"You see, Triple H, it's not about what I want... it's not about what I want, it's about what these people want." Triple H pauses his promo to himself, gesturing to a crowd full of mannequins with pictures of Triple H taped to them.

Thats what HHH does on the nxt ppvs, right?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

"Her heart was as big as she was" is going to sound really bad once the autopsy comes out.

Didn't someone here make a "Nicole Bass Memorial Battle Royale" joke in one of the GDTs recently, as sort of an ARMBAR thing for the women? I feel like this happened and then I had to google that she was still alive and now she's not.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

It just dawned on me they already did this during the MNF section of the year where Seth spent months demanding to know where HHH is :laffo:

If Trips were on Raw most weeks to build up the feud you can be drat sure there'd be goons bitching about that too. They're moving towards a Mania match that will a) be good b) be 4th from the top of the card at most and c) end up with Seth going over so frankly I don't see the problem.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
We're a bit overdue for one of those power stables that's like... their worst guy could be a world champion. I imagine if Asuka was in a stable it'd take her like 3 months to realize she's not the leader, then 20 minutes to become the leader.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Julio Cruz posted:

If Trips were on Raw most weeks to build up the feud you can be drat sure there'd be goons bitching about that too. They're moving towards a Mania match that will a) be good b) be 4th from the top of the card at most and c) end up with Seth going over so frankly I don't see the problem.

I feel there's a very good chance only 1 of these could happen

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Make it me and The_Rob.

:hellyeah:

Also RIP Nichole Bass. You were weird to watch on tv when I was 12.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Nicole Bass and Hulk Hogan are the only wrestlers I have ever seen in person. Hulkster was going up the escalator in the CNN center in full Hulkamania gear and Bass was at the airport in Newark.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I feel there's a very good chance only 1 of these could happen

I'd be shocked if it went on after any of Brock-Goldberg, Roman-Taker and the SD title match, and there's no way in hell that Trips is winning this storyline. The only one I'm even vaguely doubtful about is whether it'll be good, which is going to be down to how much Seth can do with his knee, and possibly also how much interference there is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ways that Great Khali was better than Bray Wyatt:
  • A LOT taller.
  • Better hygiene.
  • Nicer pants.
  • More interesting friends.
  • Got away with saying "gently caress" on PG live TV multiple times.
  • Better ring music.
  • Better dancer.
  • Sat around a lot less.
  • Won more championships.
  • Wrestled in ECW
  • More popular in several parts of the world.
  • Better lighting.
  • Had at least one good match with Undertaker.
  • More consistent match quality.
  • More coherent promos.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

• A LOT taller.
  • Better hygiene.
  • Nicer pants.
  • Better ring music.
  • Better dancer.
  • Sat around a lot less.
  • Wrestled in ECW
  • Better lighting.
  • More coherent promos.

Shut up Rick.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Shut up Rick.

Come on man, we've been posting together a long time and I've never told you to shut up just because I don't agree with you about something. If I didn't like you I could make a really mean post comparing Bray Wyatt and Chris Paul but I wouldn't do that to you.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

• A LOT taller.
  • Better hygiene.
  • Nicer pants.
  • Better ring music.
  • Better dancer.
  • Sat around a lot less.
  • Wrestled in ECW
  • Better lighting.
  • More coherent promos.

Bray has won more championships in WWE then Khali ever did

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

Bray has won more championships in WWE then Khali ever did

You're right, I would have sworn he won the ECW title at one point but he did not.

I've been thinking a lot about the Great Khali the past 24 hours and I really wish he could've made it to Ride Along. I want to know what it's like to travel from city to city with Great Khali in Chevy Malibu.

Also, the Punjabi Prison match . . . we'll never see the likes of that again. That's too bad.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rick posted:

• A LOT taller.
  • Better hygiene.
  • Nicer pants.
  • Better ring music.
  • Better dancer.
  • Sat around a lot less.
  • Wrestled in ECW
  • Better lighting.
  • More coherent promos.

Better music? Get OUT OF HERE old timer!

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I wasn't watching during Khali's run at the top(?), is there anything worthwhile in there?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I wasn't watching during Khali's run at the top(?), is there anything worthwhile in there?

His early 100% clean wins over guys like Taker and (champion at the time) Mysterio were crazy. I honestly think Vince believed Khali was going to be a generational megaheel when he first started with the company.

The guy got a perfectly clean one foot and pose cocky pin on Taker.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rick posted:

Come on man, we've been posting together a long time and I've never told you to shut up just because I don't agree with you about something. If I didn't like you I could make a really mean post comparing Bray Wyatt and Chris Paul but I wouldn't do that to you.

Hey, that's not fair.

Now Bray Wyatt's won a championship.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He spent at least a full month just destroying Tommy Dreamer weekly

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think if Khali sat down during a match he wouldn't be able to get back up so that isn't fair either

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Khali can't run

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

If I can't mostly jokingly tell someone to shut up, what can I do?

I like you brother but you dumb as hell right now.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hey, that's not fair.

Now Bray Wyatt's won a championship.

:mad:

(Love you too, even though you root for a team I loathe.)

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 17, 2017

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

No. Nothing. Absolutely zero. Count yourself lucky.

EDIT: I feel the need to speak up for my boy Bray here. Now, I can get if you don't like the spooky swampman part, or the promos, or the booking that has made him toothless with his threats.

But in the ring, he's fantastic. He's always committed to the character and has amazing charisma. His offense looks devastating, way nastier than Cena or Roman. He never botches and I've never heard him shout his spots.

And he's got the best entrance.

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 17, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That uranage throw of his usually looks like he wants to kill the other guy with it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rick posted:

• A LOT taller.
  • Better hygiene.
  • Nicer pants.
  • Better ring music.
  • Better dancer.
  • Sat around a lot less.
  • Wrestled in ECW
  • Better lighting.
  • More coherent promos.

sexy boy

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Bray does a big fat boy senton and it rules

Sentons rule

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
bray never did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY2wB5JImsE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Alan_Shore posted:

EDIT: I feel the need to speak up for my boy Bray here. Now, I can get if you don't like the spooky swampman part, or the promos, or the booking that has made him toothless with his threats.

But in the ring, he's fantastic. He's always committed to the character and has amazing charisma. His offense looks devastating, way nastier than Cena or Roman. He never botches and I've never heard him shout his spots.

And he's got the best entrance.

Let's see here. Yes, the spooky swampman thing is stale as hell. His meandering pointless promos haven't been interesting in years and legitimately cause my brain to start tuning out whatever words he's saying. And his booking has indeed made him look like a complete bitch for almost his entire run on the main roster.

That said, he is good in the ring. And his entrance is good, but completely overhyped.

In short, he seems like a good dude and if they turned him babyface and changed everything about his gimmick I'd probably like him again instead of turning my brain off for every one of his segments.

• Locked thread