Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I was using this spreadsheet to figure out my mithril for the upcoming anniversary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YRvKQZr6SpknY_7r80LgFSwurX_96n-x4S2jhycqd8Q/

And I spotted 'new banner format' on 3/3. What's that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

victrix posted:

I was using this spreadsheet to figure out my mithril for the upcoming anniversary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YRvKQZr6SpknY_7r80LgFSwurX_96n-x4S2jhycqd8Q/

we upgrade to 4 "top teir" relics (OSB, USB, or BSB), and the remainder being SSB's, with maybe 1 SB per banner.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Koobes posted:

we upgrade to 4 "top teir" relics (OSB, USB, or BSB), and the remainder being SSB's, with maybe 1 SB per banner.

Woo :neckbeard:

What about the daily dungeon revamp I keep hearing about?

I need to decide what to do with pulls, currently I'll have 100 'extra' after anniversary, counting pulling on all lucky banners, and once on each fest banner, so I can either save for another month (:gonk:), or pull twice before anniversary if there's anything amazing coming along soon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

I'm already late to replying about this, but to further clarify, currently, event banners give us:
  • 3 OSB/BSB (could be 1 OSB/2 BSB, or 3 BSB)
  • 4 SSB
  • 2 Unique SB

Starting with the Rufus event, banners will give:
  • 1 OSB/USB
  • 3 BSB
  • 4 SSB
  • 1 Unique SB

Though there will be potential for multiple 6* relics in place of BSBs on, say, the anniversary banners. Typically it's one 6*, 3 bursts, and 4 SSBs, though.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KataraniSword posted:

I'm already late to replying about this, but to further clarify, currently, event banners give us:
  • 3 OSB/BSB (could be 1 OSB/2 BSB, or 3 BSB)
  • 4 SSB
  • 2 Unique SB

Starting with the Rufus event, banners will give:
  • 1 OSB/USB
  • 3 BSB
  • 4 SSB
  • 1 Unique SB

Though there will be potential for multiple 6* relics in place of BSBs on, say, the anniversary banners. Typically it's one 6*, 3 bursts, and 4 SSBs, though.

And I think this format is probably the best we'll have for a while; it actually gets WORSE later IMO. The reason is that 2 pieces of "legend materia" equipment gets added to each banner at a 2% rate per piece. Legend Materia equipment does not teach a SB, but instead gives a character a legend materia (which is generally a relatively minor passive buff, generally worse than the top tier RMs people use now). If you don't have any SBs for a character, the Legend Materia gear is baaaad. It's like getting a no-SB generic.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
All of the anniversary banners in Japan were either 3 OSB/USB, 3 BSB, 4 SSB or 2 OSB/USB, 4 BSB, 4 SSB. Except for Ultros Select, which was 4 OSB/4 BSB/3 SSB. Considering those banner formats are already considerably better than even what came in Japan after that, I don't expect them to change it.

That also means that this will be the first festival in Japan where wall isn't featured at all, so hope you've got it already. Although I guess you can pull from Keeper's Choice 2 (and eventually Keeper's Choice 3 and Dr. Mog's Choice 2, whenever those show up) at basically any time if you really want it.

I plan on blowing all of my considerable mythril stash between now and Extreme Fest (which, granted, is four months from now) because as Schwartz mentioned, banner quality actually goes down for the first time in the history of the game with the addition of LM relics, so I might as well spend everything at the peak of overall banner quality even if they introduce better individual relics in the future.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 17, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lucky banner was better than any of the orbfest banners for me. 4/11: Ashe and Qusitis BSB, Quistis ssb, and Basch ssb. Considering how bad my luck has been, it's really nice.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

A Heroic Onion Knight finishes the fight against Apoc Garland :unsmith:

Pity about the mastery, which went off the rails literally in the last five seconds of the fight :eng99:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

A Heroic Onion Knight finishes the fight against Apoc Garland :unsmith:

Pity about the mastery, which went off the rails literally in the last five seconds of the fight :eng99:

That was about how my first attempt at Apoc Rubicante went.

That half a second between wall going down and wall going back up at the end of the fight seems to be when the CPU knows to target any and all Tyros/Y'shtolas with extreme prejudice.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull was nada, 3/11 with two Seifer's Gloves and Raijin's Pauldrons. Considering very hard if I want to go double or nothing for Fujin. She might just be worth it to me. Even with just the one pull, a pretty nice haul.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
3/11, Fujin's Jacket and two Squall's Jackets. Not ideal, but I did need armor for VIII so I'll take it. Now I need to decide whether to combine them or not.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

100'd seifer's gloves, 2/11'd 2x fujin jacket.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
3 Rainbow Orbs!

Oh, Squall's Jacket.

Oh, Shear Feather.

Oh, Almasy Revolver.

Thanks DeNa. :sigh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
3* junk on the dollar pull. 50 mythril later, I get... 2 copies of Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Would have preferred to get two different relics instead of two copies of one, but at least it wasn't an off-banner generic or a duplicate Almasy Revolver.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Oh, nice, 4 shinies.

Shiny 1: Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Sweet! My mage team has options now.
Shiny 2: Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Uh, ok.
Shiny 3: Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Now I just feel bad for the Chakrams I stole from other people.

(Shiny 4: Almasy Shear Trigger, for the ultimate in masochism-tanks)

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

4/23, 2 of Fujin's Daggers, Fujin's Jacket, and Seifer BSB. All these things are good and enjoyable items, like most non-Atsmay Revolvers or Squall jackers on this banner.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Koobes posted:

4/23, 2 of Fujin's Daggers, Fujin's Jacket, and Seifer BSB. All these things are good and enjoyable items, like most non-Atsmay Revolvers or Squall jackers on this banner.

Seifer's BSB gimmick is total garbage that will do basically nothing but get him murdered against real fights, since he doesn't even have a decent damage command that doesn't involve chainsawing his own DEF to feed his dumb radiant shield gimmick since his CMD2 is basically a vanilla drain strike.

So, naturally, my pull is:

I'm laughing through the tears. At least I've got amazing FF8 synergy now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zurai posted:

Oh, nice, 4 shinies.

Shiny 1: Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Sweet! My mage team has options now.
Shiny 2: Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Uh, ok.
Shiny 3: Fujin's Shin-Chakram. Now I just feel bad for the Chakrams I stole from other people.

(Shiny 4: Almasy Shear Trigger, for the ultimate in masochism-tanks)

A reforged Chakram does mean that Fujin is pretty much set for life no matter where she goes at least.

(That said once you saw that the first orb was a Chakram you should have guessed that the other three were either Chakrams or Shear Triggers, since they reveal relics based on reverse order on the banner list.)

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Kanos posted:

Seifer's BSB gimmick is total garbage that will do basically nothing but get him murdered against real fights, since he doesn't even have a decent damage command that doesn't involve chainsawing his own DEF to feed his dumb radiant shield gimmick since his CMD2 is basically a vanilla drain strike.

I'm laughing through the tears. At least I've got amazing FF8 synergy now.

You lose a small amount of res(-25% pre buffs), but you're still positive on def from the sentinel on entry. Its a strong thing that I've played with a fair amount in jp.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, Seifer's BSB is fine. He doesn't become fragile when using his command 1 by any means whatsoever. His command 2 sucks because it's just one hit, but meh. As far as tank BSBs go, Seifer is no Golbez, but he still fills the role.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's hard to be excited about a tank BSB when I've already got a complete Gilgamesh, unfortunately.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Any reason I should do one of these banners over the others, for my 5th total pull? I've already done both of the Lucky's.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Zurai posted:

Like me. :mad:

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that RK took this opportunity to give me my fourth Squall relic. Unless I'm forgetting something, I now have everything released for him except for Punishment and Revolver.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah, Seifer's very self-sufficient. Just give him Lifesiphon for gauge and Magic Lure if you really want to negate the RES drop. It's not an exciting Burst, but it actually can unload a lot of damage on things like Torments. The fact that it returns damage on magic bosses gives it that leg up over things like Gilgamesh.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

2/11 Fujin's BSB and Seifer's Gloves. Being that the BSB is pretty much all I really wanted I'm happy. I had pretty much zero FFVIII synergy before this. Any recommendations for generic party to try to CM this event? Basically I'm just figuring out who else to egg up.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

iamsosmrt posted:

2/11 Fujin's BSB and Seifer's Gloves. Being that the BSB is pretty much all I really wanted I'm happy. I had pretty much zero FFVIII synergy before this. Any recommendations for generic party to try to CM this event? Basically I'm just figuring out who else to egg up.
Well, you need Selphie and Irvine.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Meanwhile, I'm sorta straying away from events as I try to get my shards up.

Squall you are literally holding this team down can you just drop your loving RM3 ALREADY

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Well, you need Selphie and Irvine.

Actually, now that Fuujin is around you don't strictly need Irvine if you can get away without Full Break!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just got all three of Seifer's relics on the banner :laffo:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I whaled a poo poo ton here because Fujin is my monosyllabic wife

Got all her relics, Raijin's BSB and Seifer's SSBs

:getin:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Speaking of eggs, why the poo poo do you sell MC's at the bottom of the page one.at.a.time? I just have 1 million mem crystals because selling is tedious and not all that worthwhile.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2x11 pulls. 1st pull was Almasey Revolver/11. Not happy. God mad and rage pulled with the last of my mythril. 2nd pull was Fujin's BSB and Raijin's SSB. Much happier.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Charles Bukowski posted:

2x11 pulls. 1st pull was Almasey Revolver/11. Not happy. God mad and rage pulled with the last of my mythril. 2nd pull was Fujin's BSB and Raijin's SSB. Much happier.

1/12 with the Almasy Revolver, which I just loving pulled from the DU LD, making it my only dupe on the banner. I'm so loving sick of lovely pulls.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Have to resist the urge to pull on this, must stay strong for the anniversary banners.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Whew, at least it's a good item. Getting real tired of 1/11 pulls though.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So, I got pretty lucky.

3/11: Fujin and Raijin's BSBs, and the Almasy Revolver (boo)

Then I decided to be irresponsible since this event looks fun and I kind of wanted some better stuff for Seifer for my Dark team. It means I probably won't pull on the FF7 event now, but still...

5/11: Double Seifer BSB, Seifer Glove, Raijin SSB, and Squall's Jacket. So I think I'm complete set for FF8, especially after the lucky draw gave me Rinoa's OSB and Squall's SSB. So...many...swords...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ladies and gentleman, Cinnamon Bear wins the banner.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

:stare: loving hell, not bad for a brand new account.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I wanted Raijin's pauldron so bad and instead I got 3 Fujin jackets.

My wind team is happy about this at least.

This is payback for my amazing FFT luck I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Pulled the lucky banner this morning, was really broke up over whether I wanted to since I've been burned by these lately. Welp:

:eyepop:

:vince:

100 gem draw on the FF8 banner, will I get something good?

:pusheen:

• Locked thread