Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

haljordan posted:

Also in case anyone hasn't seen the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAxApx8QPY

I died laughing at Gary yelling "ow" and also baby Ronnie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Crotch Bat posted:

Robin and John had a very similar relationship to Robin and Jackie and honestly, I think there was some sexual tension in both relationships that gave them their goods and their bads.

I thought Robin and John actually did gently caress, but I'm probably mistaken on that.

edit: sorry for the doublepost

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I thought Robin and John actually did gently caress, but I'm probably mistaken on that.

edit: sorry for the doublepost

She had a sex dream about him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

She had a sex dream about him.

She had a sex dream about Jackie, and John once kissed Robin in a car, but she claims he basically jumped her.

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005
The aj vs John clip is one of the few I like Tom in. He's the only one who's disconnected from the drama of the show to simply say, "it's unacceptable, he needs to go." gently caress wannabe tough guys.

I wonder what would've happened to Artie if tom were still managing. Tim was manager when the sal stuff went down, right?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Crotch Bat posted:

It really was a cheap shot, though. John really didn't think AJ was that much of a baby that he couldn't handle some phone calls busting his balls over his lovely show, I don't blame him for not expecting the punch because who would?

That's not even the most satisfying thing to watch when you want John to suffer. Him being humiliated by Marco Battaglia in the 100 yard dash is great because John had enormous delusions of grandeur related to his physicality. Howard tearing him up for his DJ work was another (he had a job doing a couple hours after the Stern show) because it was something John cared about and Howard just lets him have it and calls him a wanna-be Howard. The best to me, though, was when a new program director was hired and he comes in and fires John from his DJ job on the air. John gets extremely mad instantly and starts lashing out at the guy and then the crew just pile on John for it and it's like 45 minutes of just shredding him to pieces and laughing at him for being fired.

Here we go:

The race - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-3q5SX98tM

being fired - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33bEk8fGRs

sorry I can't find Howard shredding John's DJ work but that's only ever been in video, I've never seen someone just throw up the audio. I actually never found just the audio of him being fired either but that's recent. Kinda sad because John gets visibly frustrated and you can tell he's holding back going off on everyone because he knows the retribution will be worse.

I love that Howard wouldn't call the new program director by his real name, only by his former on-air name of Chuck Roast. "Hey here's the new program director, Chuck Roast!"

I totally forgot about that Stuttering John Arena football bit. That is great. Even after John's boxing training he was still a short stubby guy that wouldn't even make a low tier college team, let alone a professional team.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Crotch Bat posted:

That's not even the most satisfying thing to watch when you want John to suffer. Him being humiliated by Marco Battaglia in the 100 yard dash is great because John had enormous delusions of grandeur related to his physicality.

This is one of the bits that I'm sure was pre-planned. Marco was a personal friend of Howard's and this was him trying to help Marco get some press at a time when he was looking to be hired by a new team.

Then Marco crushed Howard's thumb at the Gym and they never spoke again.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Has anyone posted this yet?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/bob_mcgovern/2017/02/mcgovern_suit_may_jolt_shock_jock_howard_stern_irs

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Crotch Bat posted:

It really was a cheap shot, though. John really didn't think AJ was that much of a baby that he couldn't handle some phone calls busting his balls over his lovely show, I don't blame him for not expecting the punch because who would?

That's not even the most satisfying thing to watch when you want John to suffer. Him being humiliated by Marco Battaglia in the 100 yard dash is great because John had enormous delusions of grandeur related to his physicality. Howard tearing him up for his DJ work was another (he had a job doing a couple hours after the Stern show) because it was something John cared about and Howard just lets him have it and calls him a wanna-be Howard. The best to me, though, was when a new program director was hired and he comes in and fires John from his DJ job on the air. John gets extremely mad instantly and starts lashing out at the guy and then the crew just pile on John for it and it's like 45 minutes of just shredding him to pieces and laughing at him for being fired.

Here we go:

The race - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-3q5SX98tM

being fired - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w33bEk8fGRs

sorry I can't find Howard shredding John's DJ work but that's only ever been in video, I've never seen someone just throw up the audio. I actually never found just the audio of him being fired either but that's recent. Kinda sad because John gets visibly frustrated and you can tell he's holding back going off on everyone because he knows the retribution will be worse.

John: I'm expecting my third kid.
Howard: Well... Still time for an abortion.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, there was a different article a few days back. Crazy because I actually remember this call and can't say I'm shocked someone decided to get litigious about it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nicole Bass died

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Did anyone pick her on that death pool they had last month?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

some guy on the bus posted:

Did anyone pick her on that death pool they had last month?

I feel like someone did but I can't remember who.

E: I think it was Jon Hein

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 17, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
All I can think of his Fred doing Hermen Munster doing Nicole Bass and it seems wildly inappropriate right now.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's sad. Nicole always seemed like a kind but tortured soul. Since we're seeing more folks drop off who abused their bodies for years, I'm curious to see how Jackie Marlo does as he nears 70.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I've never seen this and normally Pete grates on me but this is hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlpRK0WiI7w&feature=youtu.be

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Which one was Nicole Bass

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

kylej posted:

That's sad. Nicole always seemed like a kind but tortured soul. Since we're seeing more folks drop off who abused their bodies for years, I'm curious to see how Jackie Marlo does as he nears 70.

Jackie's been clean for a long time and probably has kept a normal sleep schedule for a few decades so that will help tremendously as well. He was always in a lot better shape than it seemed, he often just had a beer gut that obscured it. He used to lose and gain weight pretty regularly on the show but I seem to recall the last time I saw him in studio like a decade ago he was in his 60s and looked pretty drat good.

Jackie will most likely outlive them all as both he and Howard always postulated. It'll be interesting since Fred is active and seems to be very low stress while Howard is quite healthy and eats well but undoubtedly has a lot of stress in his life (both existing and made up from his neuroses). All 3 could live for some time, I think.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

CHARLATAN.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

beep by grandpa posted:

"But don't you dare call her a duuuuuuude.... "

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
A lot of the news reports im seeing are just mentioning her WWE career, rather than her Stern show connection.

The funny thing is, she only every appeared on one WWF PPV and its the one they will never show again - the one where Owen Hart died.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nicole Bass died

I saw someone on reddit posted that she had a heart attack earlier this week.

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYW13zGBlKc

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Howard's vacation curse is looking too real... but then again he is on vacation for half of the year for 50/50 chance.

I always did feel sorry for her though with how her husband died. And don't forget that she was Starla in Napoleon Dynamite.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
There was a great phone call where Nicole was begging for money after her husband got in a car accident. Howard picks up on Siobhan during the call who starts getting mad that Nicole was begging for money and that she needs money more and that they don't help her out enough. I forgot exactly how it ended, but I think he had a prize from a sponsor, but he would only give it to one of them. So he made them plead their cases and had the staff vote for who gets the money.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Crotch Bat posted:

Fred doing Herman Munster

Being a wrassler seems like a dangerous profession, most of them (except our very impressive president) die in their 50's. RIP Nicole you crazy bastard.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I would imagine that if you married a very obvious, non-passing transsexual you'd get poo poo from assholes but if you were going to pick one she would be it. Nobody is going to hassle you for it in front of your wife if she can pick them up and body slam them.

Also wrestling always weirded me out. It's really fake MMA but the fighters are helping them each other destroy their own bodies with choreographed flying elbows to the back.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Being a wrassler seems like a dangerous profession, most of them (except our very impressive president) die in their 50's. RIP Nicole you crazy bastard.

She was always a bodybuilder, I think the wrestling and fetish stuff she did was to supplement her income since I doubt female bodybuilding pays the bills well, especially 15-20+ years ago. I doubt the amount of roids she dumped into her body did her any favors in the long run.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 17, 2017

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
The line that always pops in my head as the Fred/Nicole/Herman Munster voice is

"Would you like to touch my BALLLS"

The way Fred would start out with the female voice then give it the real deep BALLS...gets me very time

I know Tom was mentioned a few posts back. He really was the best foil for Howard at the time. Tons of classic Stern bits were due to Tom just being Tom. He has a deep history on the show and is just as worthy of a dump truck of money as anyone else.
Tom survived cancer and then had to deal with Howard literally telling him every day that "he wished the cancer had taken him"

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 17, 2017

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

She was always a bodybuilder, I think the wrestling and fetish stuff she did was to supplement her income since I doubt female bodybuilding pays the bills well, especially 15-20+ years ago. I doubt the amount of roids she dumped into her body did her any favors in the long run.

Yep

quote:

In 2006, Bass was hospitalized due to steroid-influenced pancreatitis

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I know Tom was mentioned a few posts back. He really was the best foil for Howard at the time. Tons of classic Stern bits were due to Tom just being Tom. He has a deep history on the show and is just as worthy of a dump truck of money as anyone else.
Tom survived cancer and then had to deal with Howard literally telling him every day that "he wished the cancer had taken him"

He was great for the show and he understood his role to boot. 80% of what Howard said was a goof and while I don't doubt that they butted heads Howard never really thought bad of the guy and he's one of the few people who moved on from working with Howard that didn't develop a contentious relationship with him.

All of that is a great example of how dumb Sal is because when he was hired (as a result of Tom telling Howard to bring him in along with Richard, who won the contest) he didn't understand that Howard vs Tom was a put-on for the radio and he immediately wrong horrific song parodies about Tom and generally tried to make life hell on Tom despite not knowing the man at all. Sal is exactly what his IQ says of him.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Crotch Bat posted:

He was great for the show and he understood his role to boot. 80% of what Howard said was a goof and while I don't doubt that they butted heads Howard never really thought bad of the guy and he's one of the few people who moved on from working with Howard that didn't develop a contentious relationship with him.

All of that is a great example of how dumb Sal is because when he was hired (as a result of Tom telling Howard to bring him in along with Richard, who won the contest) he didn't understand that Howard vs Tom was a put-on for the radio and he immediately wrong horrific song parodies about Tom and generally tried to make life hell on Tom despite not knowing the man at all. Sal is exactly what his IQ says of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZl4pTOG_0

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Yeah, this is very astute, and I totally remember it happening. Howard would still play Sal's stuff on the air, and I remember him being kind of shocked. It was one of his first warnings about who Sal really was, I think this was before the "stay over your house and hangout" bit.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, this is very astute, and I totally remember it happening. Howard would still play Sal's stuff on the air, and I remember him being kind of shocked. It was one of his first warnings about who Sal really was, I think this was before the "stay over your house and hangout" bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajUFwiNCmD8

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

cumshitter posted:

I would imagine that if you married a very obvious, non-passing transsexual you'd get poo poo from assholes but if you were going to pick one she would be it. Nobody is going to hassle you for it in front of your wife if she can pick them up and body slam them.

Also wrestling always weirded me out. It's really fake MMA but the fighters are helping them each other destroy their own bodies with choreographed flying elbows to the back.

If done right, people shouldn't get hurt. They're supposed to pull up right before the point of impact and just make it look like the flying elbows are devastating when it might not even touch them. Wrestlers who hurt others are known as bad wrestlers.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

some guy on the bus posted:

If done right, people shouldn't get hurt. They're supposed to pull up right before the point of impact and just make it look like the flying elbows are devastating when it might not even touch them. Wrestlers who hurt others are known as bad wrestlers.

But then you have guys like Mick Foley who do insane poo poo like intentionally fall on barbed wire and use tables to break their fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMp65SzyTU&t=107s

There is also that documentary that shows him after the "I Quit" match with HHH and he's got thumb tacks all over his face and body. EMS are stitching him up and he's like, "Hey, did we remember to use the thumbtacks?"

Example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYgMYqqzi2E

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I have mixed feelings about Foley. As a teenager I thought he was cool as hell because he was the guy who would purposely put his body in harms way to make a match entertaining. I still like the guy, but he influenced a style of wrestling where untrained people would staple each other and give each other brain damage with folding chairs for pittance thinking they could make the big time.

The "art" to pro wrestling, if you would call it an art, is to put on a show that makes the audience suspend their disbelief and get absorbed into the action without actually killing each other. It's not really acting if you're actually turning your brains into jello with chair-shots.

Now Foley can't ride roller coasters anymore because of his jello brain. :(

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Foley did all of that dumb poo poo and it was all totally unnecessary. Nobody cared about him after that cage match. It didn't do anything for him. He was even considering retiring right afterwards on account of people not being into him. It wasn't until he started pulling a sock puppet out of his pants that he became popular. That's all he ever had to do. Be funny. Show off his personality.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I remember the good old days with Adrian Adonis, Lou Albano, and I miss Andre the Giant, and Bob Backlund, and Blue Meanie, and Junkyard Dog, and Bam Bam Bigelow, I miss Terry Funke, and I remember Hillbilly Jim, and Lanny Poffo and I forgot to mention

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

You guys were talking about Hillbilly Jim. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. I remember one time I was in Mobile, Alabama and I saw Hillbilly Jim wrestle that night. The great thing about him was that he was a man of the people. We went to a bar afterwards and he was drinking beer with us. We went into the bathroom and I sucked his cock. It was huge. The guy was just a real good sport and all that poo poo. I loved him.

Big pecker too man, he face hosed me like a wild animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I love this thread.