Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Tolkien minority posted:

I always thought pewdiepie sucked but now it turns out hes maybe cool and good??? is this just a trick to get me to like a scandinavian trash person???

no you were right, but he has made an effort to be a bit better in the past year I think and not shriek and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

The guy shits out a torrent of stuff constantly. The half a dozen or so instances are found in dozens of not hundreds of hours of other equally inane bullshit. There isn't some sort of agenda or unifying theme at work other than his constant stream of mildly annoying humor.

He decides what content goes into his video. He decided it would be a good idea to include nazi imagery multiple times in his videos. And for good measure he did a cool nazi salute himself. I know he was trying to make a point about YouTube moderators with that last one but what a loving dumb thing to do.

I don't necessarily think he's a nazi (TBD) but look at the results of his actions: neo-Nazi websites are calling him their hero, and all the comments blaming Jewish media on him being dropped by Disney. When your "jokes" are actually gaining the support of the people you're trying to make fun of you're probably doing it wrong.

And then he kept doing it for months. :lol: He deserves what happened.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mnoba posted:

so do we hate pewd or no

he's always been awful and insufferable so yeah.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
At least we should agree that the wapo authors who watched 6 months of pewdiepie content are mentally ill, if not before than definitely after.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The guy shits out a torrent of stuff constantly. The half a dozen or so instances are found in dozens of not hundreds of hours of other equally inane bullshit. There isn't some sort of agenda or unifying theme at work other than his constant stream of mildly annoying humor.
He didn't kill any jews either. Maybe his hilter jokes were in good taste, hmmmm.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

Salt Fish posted:

I think pewds is not funny but ALSO not a nazi.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

gently caress SNEEP posted:

He decides what content goes into his video. He decided it would be a good idea to include nazi imagery multiple times in his videos. And for good measure he did a cool nazi salute himself. I know he was trying to make a point about YouTube moderators with that last one but what a loving dumb thing to do.

I don't necessarily think he's a nazi (TBD) but look at the results of his actions: neo-Nazi websites are calling him their hero, and all the comments blaming Jewish media on him being dropped by Disney. When your "jokes" are actually gaining the support of the people you're trying to make fun of you're probably doing it wrong.

And then he kept doing it for months. :lol: He deserves what happened.

Perhaps the horrified over-reaction of the idiots demanding his punishment feeds into the neo-Nazi persecution complex more than an idiot making a joke.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

seriously though its just a fuckin hitler joke people have been making them since hitler was actually a dude, if you're famous enough though it turns you're a nazi if you make one

temple
Jul 29, 2006

People forget that Hitler was a victim of self-harm, anxiety, and depression. So much for the tolerant left.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Perhaps the horrified over-reaction of the idiots demanding his punishment feeds into the neo-Nazi persecution complex more than an idiot making a joke.

Do you think Disney dropped him because of his content or because The Media made a big uproar? Do you think Disney would be justified in dropping him because he regularly displays anti-Semitic imagery?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Caesar Saladin posted:

seriously though its just a fuckin hitler joke people have been making them since hitler was actually a dude, if you're famous enough though it turns you're a nazi if you make one

sounds like something a nazi would say imo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

temple posted:

People forget that Hitler was a victim of self-harm, anxiety, and depression. So much for the tolerant left.

People always focuses on the whole "killed a ton of jews thing", but let's not forget he also hosed his cousin

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Oh cool he's made rape jokes before? Now I'm down to defend him! Classy guy.

Well, I'm not going to keep doing it for free. That's for sure. :colbert:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

I think pewds is not funny but ALSO not a nazi.

The correct opinion.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The last few years have been a pretty much nonstop parade of "journalists" digging down into internet culture's sparsely populated subcultures to scamper back with each new festering turd of a human being they find under a rock somewhere to be placed on display for everyone to see while they tattle on them for their misdeeds. Now the same people doing this are wondering why those people are managing to lead a cadre of equally broke-brained losers who ended up finding them via those articles in the first place. Trump is an easy scapegoat for this, but he's more of a symptom than a cause. Congrats, nu-media. What a wonderful point you've led us to.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Do you think Disney dropped him because of his content or because The Media made a big uproar? Do you think Disney would be justified in dropping him because he regularly displays anti-Semitic imagery?

They absolutely did it because of the media uproar because if they were actually paying attention to his content and taking a stand for moral reasons they would have done it way before this.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

They absolutely did it because of the media uproar because if they were actually paying attention to his content and taking a stand for moral reasons they would have done it way before this.

TBF, they probably didn't have enough money to pay someone to watch his vids for the content and report back. At least, not after the first four offed themselves.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

TBF, they probably didn't have enough money to pay someone to watch his vids for the content and report back. At least, not after the first four offed themselves.

:yeah:

I honestly wonder if anyone at Disney were watching his videos at all. I wasn't :smuggo:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
That's right, forums user PewDiePie, the worm has turned. I hahte you now and I will do everything in my power to destroy you as long as that's limited to just posting stuff in this thread. UR DED KID. Unless,, maybe you see reason and get me a nice groupon voucher for a Brazillian restruant in the Protland area...?? :raise:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

:yeah:

I honestly wonder if anyone at Disney were watching his videos at all. I wasn't :smuggo:

Me neither, his voice grates on my nerves. I saw one video of his one time where he was playing some survival game where he was carrying around a dead shark and calling it Sharon and pretending he was in love with it which made me chuckle a bit but that's the extent of my Pewds experience.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I think Hitler is bad -REAL BAD- and I'm not afraid to say it NE more! How do you like that?? Does that hurt ur feeeeelings, Feeeelix?!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I still don't get why people think a company that disney bought = disney

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Putty posted:

Nobody knows the name of the smaller company, but ppl have heard of Disney. :shrug:

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
As a secret pewdiepie fan and I now have even more shame in watching him because of all the idiot alt-righters that have recently attached to him. :(

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Putty posted:

people also are getting offended over an imaginary mass of people who they believe have been influenced by this ruthless assault by the "media" on his good person, while most media outlets have taken an extremely evenhanded approach to the subject

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Man,

Monos Bullet posted:

As a secret pewdiepie fan and I now have even more shame in watching him because of all the idiot alt-righters that have recently attached to him. :(

what a cross to bear.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Infidel Castro posted:

We live in an age where preteens are trying to murder their friends to earn the favour of some stupid meme a goon made up. There's bound to be a bunch of teens who think being a Nazi is cool because of Pewds.

Basically, kids are loving stupid and impressionable.

Yeah but bronies exist, and I don't see MLP egging them on with encouragement of the ponyfucker lifestyle.

basically people are loving retarded, and an ever increasing number of them get their socialization from internet and entertainment media which never looks at them in disgust and tells them cut that poo poo out you're being loving retarded

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kjoery posted:

while most media outlets have taken an extremely evenhanded approach to the subject

Wired, The Guardian, WSJ, Salon, Polygon, Vice, Mashable, and other have taken the "He is a white national Alt Righter". I know it pains you to loving admit, but the historically widely despised and disliked media has earned that loving reputation and taken it too far once again on trying to rack ruin a youtubers career out of jealously and retaliation over the 4chan youtubers who according to their hosed up brains are somehow going to revive the 3rd Reich with bad anime and gaming memes.

What's really weird is that this isn't even loving new. The news media always tries to do this celebrities, political, and 'important' figures...it's just that they aimed so loving low this time. Kinda like with Ken Bone

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Wired, The Guardian, WSJ, Salon, Polygon, Vice, Mashable, and other have taken the "He is a white national Alt Righter".

I've heard they need to be Scottish or something. Weird, but I don't make the rules. :shrug:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Wired, The Guardian, WSJ, Salon, Polygon, Vice, Mashable, and other have taken the "He is a white national Alt Righter". I know it pains you to loving admit, but the historically widely despised and disliked media has earned that loving reputation and taken it too far once again on trying to rack ruin a youtubers career out of jealously and retaliation over the 4chan youtubers who according to their hosed up brains are somehow going to revive the 3rd Reich with bad anime and gaming memes.

What's really weird is that this isn't even loving new. The news media always tries to do this celebrities, political, and 'important' figures...it's just that they aimed so loving low this time. Kinda like with Ken Bone
i still dont understand why you consider any of those to be actual, legitimate sources for real news.

also yes tabloids doing hit pieces of celebs is nothing new. maybe this whole phenomenon is just baby's first celeb hit piece for all of the internet children.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Kjoery posted:

i still dont understand why you consider any of those to be actual, legitimate sources for real news.

also yes tabloids doing hit pieces of celebs is nothing new. maybe this whole phenomenon is just baby's first celeb hit piece for all of the internet children.

I straight up called your No True Scotsman defense and you still trot it out? What a loving joke bitch you are. Get out my thread w/ ur garbage.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Willfrey posted:

Man,

what a cross to bear.

But I carry it nonetheless *brofists you through internet* :D

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I love how Felix will keep insisting he is totally not a racist and either A) keep gaining support from neo-nazis and alt-righters which will probably drive him mad, or B) make new content which slips in even more racism whether he's aware of it or not and receive even more criticism from YouTube and journalists.

So regardless of whether he's being a dickhead or not, he's put himself in a double-edged sword.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

I straight up called your No True Scotsman defense and you still trot it out? What a loving joke bitch you are. Get out my thread w/ ur garbage.
bbc owns its like vice except without the top 10 lists

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I'm not a fan of PewDiePie's content, I find it insufferably unfunny and just all around poo poo. That said, by all accounts and as far as I can tell from his actions, he is a lovely and admirable human being. He doesn't seem to have let his fame go to his head, is constantly charitable and has good values, even if I find his jokes unpleasant. The fact that the media has decided to gently caress with him is a disgrace. Out of all the big gaming personalities on YouTube, PewDiePie is close to being the best human being. I know I've said it already, but this is a loving disgrace. Shameful loving disgrace.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Someone needs to explain to me why newspapers would be jealous of someone on YouTube. I don't think Pewdiepie's fanbase is rushing to cancel their newspaper subscriptions.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
How many times has the 'jealousy' card been abused now?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Junior Jr. posted:

How many times has the 'jealousy' card been abused now?

IDK, but now I got that Gin Blossoms song stuck in my head, which, meh... could be worse.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
oh no why did i have to find this

gently caress i think i got to back the autism nazi screech man because pug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Well we could drive around this town and let the cops chase us around..
Hmmm hmm hmmhmm something might be found to take its place...

• Locked thread