Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

Californians should learn to accept criticism like we do here in Chicago. We're a giant city in a state that mostly hates us, and we embrace it. We love our crooked disgusting politics and our lovely weather. Learn to laugh about your garbage city/state/country and just throw some booze at your problems because nothing is going to be fixed in your lifetime because you and your opinions don't matter enough to warrant change. Embrace death and darkness since it is the only conclusion you can achieve, but at least you have enough control to not meet it painfully sober.

How many people have you murdered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

OMGVBFLOL posted:

thats a pretty good idea

i agree

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

scrubs season six posted:

How many people have you murdered?

I live on the northside so none.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone died from this dam water yet

Will someone probably die from this dam water soon or should I start looking for a different wellspring of human suffering to whack it to

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Has anyone died from this dam water yet

Will someone probably die from this dam water soon or should I start looking for a different wellspring of human suffering to whack it to

They dropped the lake level by 35 feet and the storms aren't supposed to be that bad so they cut output by 20% to repair the broken power station which will let them get rid of even more water so no this will not fulfill your lust for death and you should look elsewhere, sorry.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dang it

naem
May 29, 2011

It starts raining at 4:00 am they'd better get that power station going fast

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's been a decade since a major American city was destroyed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's been a decade since a major American city was destroyed.

But that was water too...
*dejectedly kicks pebble

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Psycho Society posted:

lol, when it rains in LA 800 people immediately crash their cars when the first drop hits their windshield

That's bullshit; it's no more than 650, tops.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lime Tonics posted:

Not the dam update, but a bridge update,

Nearly 56,000 bridges called structurally deficient

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/15/deficient-bridges/97890324/?hootPostID=a5f1d148af57d0492c340ed9bf9e6653

Stuff be collapsing sooner, rather then later.

I like how they blame fuel efficient cars for the lack of funding going to fix our highways infrastructure.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
On the drive home today there was a lane closed because about 2 yards of dirt had slid onto the road. welp that's my rain story

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I always assumed that a meth lab explosion would take out Oroville, at least that one section of it. Oroville actually is massive in area compared to its population. It's a weird place in a lot of ways.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Idiot Kicker posted:

I always assumed that a meth lab explosion would take out Oroville, at least that one section of it. Oroville actually is massive in area compared to its population. It's a weird place in a lot of ways.

Eh, they'll fix it in the 2.0.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Idiot Kicker posted:

it's bad, along with chico and redding.

my uncle used to live out in Paradise, that place was lovely and should have been called hell

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The shaggy butte series of front page articles was for sure about this region. "Paris in the pines!"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
chico is a town i really wish i could like but it's just so gross. oroville sucks and paradise was definitely misnamed

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
:mad:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Lots of thunder and lightning, a little rain, and a cool breeze here.

Yessssss!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

the great deceiver posted:

chico is a town i really wish i could like but it's just so gross. oroville sucks and paradise was definitely misnamed

chico exists for hs washouts to still go to a state college somewhere

i did learn that their dt streets are all named and arranged after trees that spell chico, like cherry hazelnut ivy corn and oak, or something like that. that's the most interesting fact about chico

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Modesto can burn too, it's like the sum of Florida in California.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Xaris posted:

it's bad, along with chico and redding.

my uncle used to live out in Paradise, that place was lovely and should have been called hell

I was born in Paradise, as the reputation of the Oroville Hospital was too iffy for my parents

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Chico has Sierra Nevada Brewing, so they can live.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Oroville: lol.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
We had a tornado in Oroville when I was 7. Our teacher let us watch it from the window as it cut across the street

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Psycho Society posted:

lol, when it rains in LA 800 people immediately crash their cars when the first drop hits their windshield

Normal light rain people can handle here. The real threat is if it ever really snows here there would literally be nowhere you'd be safe and you might as well just commit suicide because 10 cars are going to come flying through your house and kill your whole family any minute anyway.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Normal light rain people can handle here.

haha no. NOPE.

i live in SD and at the first sight of rain and people are upside down

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Paradise is where all the 7th Day Adventists live what are people who freak Mormons out for being too religious

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

Oroville: lol.

The rain at Oroville isn't as important as the rain over the area that drains into the reservoir. There's always still hope for rapid snowmelt wiping the dam out come spring, as well.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

The rain at Oroville isn't as important as the rain over the area that drains into the reservoir. There's always still hope for rapid snowmelt wiping the dam out come spring, as well.

Well assuming that as the elevations increase to the east of the town that will lead to higher rainfall amounts, which will collect in the lake. I'm not a hydrologist though.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Chinatown posted:

Well assuming that as the elevations increase to the east of the town that will lead to higher rainfall amounts, which will collect in the lake. I'm not a hydrologist though.

u didnt major in hydrology??

naem
May 29, 2011

Chinatown posted:

haha no. NOPE.

i live in SD and at the first sight of rain and people are upside down

I like how at the first sign of any kind of weather everyone in the Bay Area gets out their EXTREEM™ North Face®™ XXPEDITION® GEAR© with Dampth Grommets ®™ and Advanced Action Inter-Nugs™

It looks like they looted an REI

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

naem posted:

I like how at the first sign of any kind of weather everyone in the Bay Area gets out their EXTREEM™ North Face®™ XXPEDITION® GEAR© with Dampth Grommets ®™ and Advanced Action Inter-Nugs™

It looks like they looted an REI

thats 24/7 standard wear here

except north face is el passe. it's all about patagonia now

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

naem posted:

I like how at the first sign of the Bay Area everyone gets out their ™®™®©®™ ™

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

nothins gonna happen. gas thread ban op

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

nothins gonna happen. gas thread ban op

Genesis Chapter 7 Verse 11 👀💦🌊

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i hope that sacramento floods so i can steal my friend's brother's sick boat and become the Warlord of the Waterways

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

Actually, rainfall moving east through Oroville itself puts very little water in the reservoir. The watershed is almost entirely north of the town and the dam. The forecast for Chico would give you a better idea of how much rain might actually end up in the reservoir.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

the great deceiver posted:

i hope that sacramento floods so i can steal my friend's brother's sick boat and become the Warlord of the Waterways

You could be the Kevin Costner of our generation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
man all the people in this thread are really uptight and angry about different states. Not my scene man

*sits in beach chair*
*listens to some buffet*
*cracks open margarita*
*enjoys beautiful beach in the keys*

• Locked thread