Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my best guess is they needed a reason for Bill to be at the community college so he could report the news to Hank but they couldn't think of a good reason for him to be there

or you could make up some creepy reason like he was adding hair to his collection

It was an early season episode, the characters were still somewhat fluid. Early seasons Bill might play pinball with some unseen friends, later seasons Bill would definitely be collecting the hair of strangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Who's gay in the PTA? Spicy!

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Wicker Man posted:

I do like how they are willing to give her a break sometimes. Peggy sucks at Spanish in general, but she DOES know some of it to get that job at the beer factory.

The beer factory had knowingly sent tainted beer to Mexico; she was hired because her spanish is bad.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Oh, yeah?

Well, my child is God to billions of Asians!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

boobay hill

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Novo posted:

The beer factory had knowingly sent tainted beer to Mexico; she was hired because her spanish is bad.

this is one of those things where when you realize it, it feels really :vince:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my favourite subtle king of the hill joke was when hank blew the whistle on the army haircutting program

and the general hates it
and asks in the mess hall: "who here can cut hair"

and a soft-spoken soldier says to his fair-skinned friend "don't answer, it's a trick"

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i guess bills a vole

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In the late seasons there's a lot of lines of what I like to call "try-hard" Hank. Where the writers are trying to capture Hank but don't really get the subtlety that made the early seasons work.

The line I most hate is when Bobby is on the meat judging team and Hank says "team spirit is like The Holy Spirit, but more powerful"

yes, Hank loves team spirit, but he would never be so blasphemous

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Archaic posted:

I think KotH deserves credit for drawing every character with realistic body proportions as well. Nobody is cartoonishly fat but nobody is super built either. Even Boomhauer has a beer gut. I can't think of any other animated sitcoms that do that.

I don't know about built but Luane is loving STACKED

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My favorite part of the dale/nancy/john redcorn triangle is that while john is cucking dale physically, dale is emotionally cucking john wayyy harder

he's financially supported by a wife who loves him and deals with his weird quirks and he has a son with none of his failings, he lives in the suburbs and lives a simple life with his friends

john redcorn is gonna die alone in a trailer with a failed band and a sweathouse to his name

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

KotH is gone from Apple too?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

NO HIGH FIVES!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Watched the episode the other day with Dale being challenged as president of the gun club. His opponent was voiced by Gary Busey. This show really did nail the celebrity voice actors.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Porthole to hell!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

mojo1701a posted:

Watched the episode the other day with Dale being challenged as president of the gun club. His opponent was voiced by Gary Busey. This show really did nail the celebrity voice actors.

Everytime Busey is mentioned, I always feel the need to say " Always wear your loving helmet, or you'll end up like Gary Busey.".

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Johnny Aztec posted:

I don't know about built but Luane is loving STACKED

"He does so know my name; I'm Missy Melons."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The episode with the three girls that mess with Bobby is like some sort of MRA PSA

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I want a sweater that says Sport Champion on it.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

HATED A BABY?!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Saalkin posted:

HATED A BABY?!

lol Jimmy Carter

They told me it was bullet-proof!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gaunab posted:

The episode with the three girls that mess with Bobby is like some sort of MRA PSA

I'm trying to think of a worse episode and can't.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

FuhrerHat posted:

my favourite subtle king of the hill joke was when hank blew the whistle on the army haircutting program

and the general hates it
and asks in the mess hall: "who here can cut hair"

and a soft-spoken soldier says to his fair-skinned friend "don't answer, it's a trick"

from the same episode

HANK (reading the reply from his Congressman): "Representative Jim Powell thinks your problem and flag-burning are among the biggest problems facing America today. That's why Jim Powell has introduced House Resolution number 11461. It would ban flag-burning in all..." Aw, he never even read it. I'd go see him in person, but no self-respecting bus company would let me on with hair like this.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

from the same episode

HANK (reading the reply from his Congressman): "Representative Jim Powell thinks your problem and flag-burning are among the biggest problems facing America today. That's why Jim Powell has introduced House Resolution number 11461. It would ban flag-burning in all..." Aw, he never even read it. I'd go see him in person, but no self-respecting bus company would let me on with hair like this.

Haha Mr. Strickland instantly noticed someone was working with their door closed, and sent Hank home with no pay for the day.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
I Want To Lay With Blondie

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"I can see your Dad's junk."

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Dale: That John Redcorn sure can swing! He never strikes out, eh Nancy? I bet he's gonna score again!

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Neurolimal posted:

My favorite part of the dale/nancy/john redcorn triangle is that while john is cucking dale physically, dale is emotionally cucking john wayyy harder

he's financially supported by a wife who loves him and deals with his weird quirks and he has a son with none of his failings, he lives in the suburbs and lives a simple life with his friends

john redcorn is gonna die alone in a trailer with a failed band and a sweathouse to his name

never looked at it from that angle but drat...

that's dark

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The saddest part about John is that he could literally bang every other woman in Texas if he wasn't so caught up on Nancy. John Redcorn is just another version of Bill. Though he may be more emotionally tortured, because of Joseph.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
There's the Untitled Blake McCormack Project episode where they say the woman he cheated on Nancy with who moves in with him :shobon:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
John Redcorn is a successful children's entertainment mogul now

and he owns 12 acres of unincorporated Arlen (11 of them are connected)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Smiling Mandrill posted:

The saddest part about John is that he could literally bang every other woman in Texas if he wasn't so caught up on Nancy. John Redcorn is just another version of Bill. Though he may be more emotionally tortured, because of Joseph.

In the episode where Peggy finds out about the affair Redcorn tells Hank he won't do what he does to "other people's wives", is him being hung up on Nancy actually a thing?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
LOSER ! YOU'RE A LOSER! ARE YOU FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF? WELL YOU SHOULD BE CUZ YOU ARE DIRT! YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU BIG BABY! BABY WANT A BOTTLE? A BIG DIRT BOTTLE?!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

KiteAuraan posted:

It hit 120 multiple times last summer.

I was there helping my grandmother clean up her house and put everything away for the summer, it's one of those things that has to be experienced to be believed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

In the episode where Peggy finds out about the affair Redcorn tells Hank he won't do what he does to "other people's wives", is him being hung up on Nancy actually a thing?

He's hung up on her because they have a kid

Although he probably has other kids with other wives too

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

LOSER ! YOU'RE A LOSER! ARE YOU FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF? WELL YOU SHOULD BE CUZ YOU ARE DIRT! YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU BIG BABY! BABY WANT A BOTTLE? A BIG DIRT BOTTLE?!

I could use some of Coach Sauer's "Go Pills" right about now.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's hung up on her because they have a kid

Although he probably has other kids with other wives too

He does, there is an episode where Joseph gets a crush on his (unkknown) half sister

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kidd-Liggit posted:

He does, there is an episode where Joseph gets a crush on his (unkknown) half sister

That's the plot from "Lonestar".

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a scene where Hank and the guys were at the hardware store and they catch John Redcorn walking out of an "Employees Only" room and Hank goes "huh, I didn't know John Redcorn worked here". Then a smiling girl follows him out and Dale goes "Oh he works here alright!". John Redcorn sees the guys and is super embarassed, except Dale who's super proud of him and giving him thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Archaic posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a scene where Hank and the guys were at the hardware store and they catch John Redcorn walking out of an "Employees Only" room and Hank goes "huh, I didn't know John Redcorn worked here". Then a smiling girl follows him out and Dale goes "Oh he works here alright!". John Redcorn sees the guys and is super embarassed, except Dale who's super proud of him and giving him thumbs up.

Dale is the best