Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

His disyllabic name wouldn't fit on the base
So they threw away his placard and they shot him into spa-ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Anyone who thinks you can swap out "Joel" with "Jonah" without changing anything else is the sort of hack who is not welcome at my slam poetry jams.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So first episodes out and seen, When do the rest of us who paid get to watch it?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Duckbag posted:

Anyone who thinks you can swap out "Joel" with "Jonah" without changing anything else is the sort of hack who is not welcome at my slam poetry jams.

So "Beat" it?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Junkie Disease posted:

So first episodes out and seen, When do the rest of us who paid get to watch it?

Current rumor is end of march

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Current rumor is end of march

I know the rumor but man, people are watching it now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Junkie Disease posted:

Unless there's a leak I'm not aware of, all the people who saw it this week were at special screenings. We regular scrubs just have to wait.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I didn't expect this: http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2469/not-too-distant-future-dark-horse-reveals-partners

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

At one point in the late 90s, there was talk of them riffing on old Gold Key comics.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That's not a bad idea to be honest as there's a lot of stuff in the comic book genre to make fun of too (though I'm guessing they'll probably stick to more public domain stuff). Only problem is how exactly are they going to format it so that the silhouettes and riffs don't cover the majority of the page.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I like Tom Servo's new voice. :shobon:

(And Crow's)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Today, the internet was down from when I got home, over 6 hours ago, until just now. I was grumpy about not being able to continue into season 5 of MST3K, or play Bloodborne. Then the internet started working and I got watch a video on facebook of my one-year-old niece laughing hysterically at my parents feeding some of her food to a toy. Sometimes, waiting for a good thing and being surprised by it makes it that much better. It's like you wake up on a normal day and Joel says "Hey, guess what, it's Christmas 2, the sequel to Christmas!" and you have a whole new shiny red car to run over Crow with.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've waited the better part of near on two decades for this.

I can wait a while yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I sort of want Netflix to just be like "Oh, hey, by the way, April is the cruelest month, Bicyclops, so your show is back on," and then it's there, although I understand why this is an extremely bad marketing strategy and it will not happen.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

As someone who kind of enjoyed the segments of the old Marvel Beavis and Butt-head comics where the two would read superhero comics while making fun of them, I'm so psyched.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

We have a saying in Chicago
"Its my money and I want it now!"
In this political hellscape, this wait, I need MST3K to survive.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Burkion posted:

I've waited the better part of near on two decades for this.

I can wait a while yet.

Exactly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Junkie Disease posted:

It's just a show.

You should really just relax.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Gavok posted:

It's just a show.

You should really just relax.

I need it for that.
Man peeps are saying its better than ever!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mister Kingdom posted:

At one point in the late 90s, there was talk of them riffing on old Gold Key comics.

A Peanuts collection that came out a year or two back had a intro where Rifftrax riffed on 3 or 4 strips.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Imagine if they do Fletcher Hanks.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
My co-worker just got back from a vacation they took specifically to see the premier. He said it was great and let slip a detail I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere Tom Servo sings.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

Tom Servo sings.

This is going to sound sarcastic, but I mean it: I am extremely glad that water is still wet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Going through all of the Joel episodes makes me sad that there's really just no way to do the letter reading segment anymore. :(

Even if they conclude the last season by including an email you can write to, it just won't be the same. Ah, well. The world has moved on, and so should I.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People can still mail letters. If the MST3k guys made a point to ask they'd get tons of letters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

People can still mail letters. If the MST3k guys made a point to ask they'd get tons of letters.

Even then, I feel like it would be a much bigger chore to sort out the fake "I'm a little kid who loves your show" letters from the real ones.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Half the letters on the old show were from adults anyway.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fezz posted:

Half the letters on the old show were from adults anyway.

Yeah, but those ones are all from Grandpa/Grandma Oblivious, a fading demographic which doesn't access Netflix anyway.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Just write new letters, gawd!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Too bad the probably don't still have the old letters. Jonah could happen upon a bag of letters that Joel and Mike didn't get to read.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, but those ones are all from Grandpa/Grandma Oblivious, a fading demographic which doesn't access Netflix anyway.

There's also the one from some guys in prison.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can we at least know if Jonah sings the theme tune?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Imagine if they do Fletcher Hanks.

I want them to cover Dell's Dracula and Frankenstein comics.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senior Woodchuck posted:

There's also the one from some guys in prison.

What episode is that?

Edit apparently it's 319

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 18, 2017

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The Ape of Naples posted:

Too bad the probably don't still have the old letters. Jonah could happen upon a bag of letters that Joel and Mike didn't get to read.

When did they stop doing letters in the Mike era?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

When did they stop doing letters in the Mike era?

Good question. I never thought about it? SyFy era? Before? I'll check to see if Laserblast has any letters. I doubt it.

E: Escape 2000 has a letter segment. It's the last episode before Laserblast which is the last Episode on Comedy Central. I think.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 18, 2017

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I think they said it was because of their attempt to tell somewhat of an ongoing story once they got to Sci Fi that it was hard to shoehorn letters into the end of the episode.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was looking for a funny letter from the Xerox testing department that they read on an ep I watched last week and I found a great thread from 1992 alt.tv.mst3k about sending a letter in from the newsgroup.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/alt.tv.mst3k/i51jhnuHFTw/0X2n4LyJO5QJ

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You said "funny" and "Xerox" so I'm using it as an excuse to post this video.

https://youtu.be/PZbqAMEwtOE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

rydiafan posted:

You said "funny" and "Xerox" so I'm using it as an excuse to post this video.

https://youtu.be/PZbqAMEwtOE

That's not the fax machine that squirts water in your face.