Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

In case someone hasn't seen it, custom BGM has been 100% confirmed for V.

Just get your mp3s in a USB drive and save them inside a folder tagged SRWMUSIC and it'll be read like Z3's was.
Huh, I thought it wouldn't because it would undercut their deluxe soundtrack edition. I still haven't decided if I want that or not, and now I have even less decided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Brunom1 posted:

In case someone hasn't seen it, custom BGM has been 100% confirmed for V.

Just get your mp3s in a USB drive and save them inside a folder tagged SRWMUSIC and it'll be read like Z3's was.

Nice! Is there a translated list of the stuff included in the deluxe edition/anybody got a nice selection of songs from the shows?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So is it possible to use US paypal on the Singapore PSN store? I would prefer to not pay markup through playasia.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TheManSeries posted:

So is it possible to use US paypal on the Singapore PSN store? I would prefer to not pay markup through playasia.
Does PSN accept PayPal as a payment method at all? If they did it means I went through a lot of unnecessary trouble for years of importing games.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I looked at the singapore site and it said as much. I've never tried it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TheManSeries posted:

AFAIK it is not, the payment method on paypal needs to be registered to an address in Singapore just like a bank card. That's how it works on other PSNs at least. I can only use paypal on the UK PSN for example.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

Nope. You're basically not going to be able to do it without some markup unfortunately unless you got a friend who can buy the cards for you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I've spent years trying to find ways around paying some kind of markup for PSN cards and come to the conclusion that if there was a way, everyone would be doing it that way and there would be no market for selling foreign PSN cards at a profit, when there plainly is.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

EthanSteele posted:

Nice! Is there a translated list of the stuff included in the deluxe edition/anybody got a nice selection of songs from the shows?

Looking at the first PV, this is the list of songs from the premium edition:

- Ike! Zambot 3 / Kouichiro Hori (Zambot 3 OP)
- Come Here! Daitarn 3 / Makoto Fujiwara (Daitarn 3 OP)
- Mizu no Hoshi he Ai wo Komete / Hiroko Moriguchi (Zeta Gundam OP2)
- Uchuu wo Kakeru ~ Zeta no Hatsudou / Shigeaki Saegusa (Zeta Gundam BGM - when Kamille uses the Biosensor to destroy the Hambrabi and ram The-O)
- Anime Ja Nai! ~ Yume wo Wasureta Furui Chikyuu-jin yo / Masahito Arai (Gundam ZZ OP1)
- Silent Voice / Jun Hiroe (Gundam ZZ OP2)
- Beyond the Time ~ Mobius no Sora wo Koete / TM NETWORK (Char's Counterattack ED)
- Main Title / Shigeaki Saegusa (Char's Counterattack Main Theme BGM)
- Ignited / T.M.Revolution (SEED Destiny OP1)
- Vestige / T.M.Revolution (SEED Destiny Insert / Final Plus OP)
- Daybreak's Bell / L'Arc~En~Ciel (00 Season 1 OP1)
- Tozasareta Sekai / The Back Horn (00 Movie OP)
- Everlasting / Kylee (Unicorn Episode 2 Main Theme)
- StarRingChild / Aimer (Unicorn Episode 7 ED)
- Arashi no Hero / Yuzuru Oka (Might Gaine OP)
- Let's Might Gaine! / Rokomo Raizou/Norio Sakai (Might Gaine insert song)
- Great Dash! / Rokomo Raizou/Norio Sakai and Rokomo Kaizou/Naoki Takao (Might Gaine insert song)
- You Get To Burning / Yumi Matsuzawa (Nadesico OP)
- Dearest / Yumi Matsuzawa (Nadesico Movie ED)
- Theme of Nadesico II / Takayuki Hattori (Nadesico Movie BGM)
- Ima ga sono Toki da / Ichirou Mizuki (Shin Getter OP1)
- Heats / Hironobu Kageyama (Shin Getter OP2)
- Kanjite Knight / Ultimate Lazy for Mazinger ft. JAM Project (Shin Mazinger OP1)
- Shugoshin - The Guardian / JAM Project (Shin Mazinger OP2)
- Minami-kaze / Mikuni Shimokawa (Full Metal Panic TSR OP)
- Tsubasa wo Kudasai / Megumi Hayashibara and Special Kids (Evangelion 2.0 insert song)
- God's Message / Shiro Sagisu (Evangelion 3.0 BGM)
- Theme of Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 / Tarou Hakase (Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark Theme)
- Yamato Shutsugeki / Akira Miyagawa and Hiroshi Miyagawa (Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark BGM)
- Kindan no Resistance / Nana Mizuki (Cross Ange OP1)
- Shinjitsu no Mokushiroku / Youko Takahashi (Cross Ange OP2)
- Towagatari ~ El Ragna / Ange (CV: Nana Mizuki) and Sara (CV: Yui Horie) (Cross Ange insert song)
- TIME TO COME (4th Super Robot Wars BGM)

With the exception of maybe 4 or 5 songs, they're all vocals, and of the vocals, the only one I've had issues finding is Great Dash from Might Gaine.

EDIT: there were a few more songs listed in PV2, but not PV1. Or I just skimmed over them.

chirico cuvie fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 17, 2017

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What music's Great/Emperor supposed to use? If it's just Shin Mazinger music, I'm thinking of bringing in some old Kaiser tunes instead.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Unless they're giving ZERO and Emperor a different BGM in the final game, the 2nd PV used "Shugoshin - The Guardian" for both Kouji and Tetsuya.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Less than a week now. This is the first completely new SRW storyline since what, UX in 2013? Not that that one really connected with me in any way, so we're basically talking about since the beginning of Z.

I guess I'll get the super deluxe edition. The start of hopefully a new world for SRW is worth it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's also BX.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ugh it's gonna suck coming to this thread while I wait for the game to arrive. it always takes a couple weeks to get here when I order a physical copy.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Ugh it's gonna suck coming to this thread while I wait for the game to arrive. it always takes a couple weeks to get here when I order a physical copy.

I'll try to keep things in spoiler tags until you get a chance to play it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

[spoiler] Everything with Tetsuya is going to be :krad:.[spoiler]

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hunter Noventa posted:

Tell your mail service that it can have an SR Point if it delivers the package within three turns.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Raxivace posted:

Tell your mail service that it can have an SR Point if it delivers the package within three turns.

3 minutes is an unrealistic expectation without raid and continuous action.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

3 minutes is an unrealistic expectation without raid and continuous action.

That is why you have to use the Twin System. Combine FedEx and UPS, easy peasy.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The big thing for me is its going to be the first SRW game I've ever played that didn't have all the SR points and secrets already known by the time I played it.

chirico cuvie posted:

Looking at the first PV, this is the list of songs from the premium edition:

Thanks for this!

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I had a dream the other night where Ryusei screamed, "I'm more waza now than man."

What I'm saying is, I'm ready for V.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CaptainRat posted:

I had a dream the other night where Ryusei screamed, "I'm more waza now than man."

What I'm saying is, I'm ready for V.
I'm unreasonably excited for a Grungust 1 with all new animations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I assume its theme song is Grungust Zan but I'm setting it to Steel Cockpit, and I know that's wrong but I don't want to be right.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The grungust and Huck being all oldschool and pudgy is extremely my jam.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

I assume its theme song is Grungust Zan but I'm setting it to Steel Cockpit, and I know that's wrong but I don't want to be right.
The best thing about SRW is there's no one right way to play it. And by play I mean choose what attack animations you want to finish off enemies with and what music you want playing at the time.

drat, where's that four panel comic about Haman being killed to "1 2 3! Daitarn 3!!" when I need it?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Samurai Sanders posted:

The best thing about SRW is there's no one right way to play it. And by play I mean choose what attack animations you want to finish off enemies with and what music you want playing at the time.

drat, where's that four panel comic about Haman being killed to "1 2 3! Daitarn 3!!" when I need it?

Hearing "bum bum ONE TWO THREE" 50 times a game is the one thing I am tired of. I haven't decided what I'm replacing it with but I'll probably minimize my use of Daitarn to begin with even though he'll probably be broken as poo poo again. Zambot, too.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

KoB posted:

The grungust and Huck being all oldschool and pudgy is extremely my jam.

I have never cared for the Huckebein before, but it looks so good now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm just unreasonably excited to play an actual for-real licensed SRW in english, even goofy English.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I'm just unreasonably excited to play an actual for-real licensed SRW in english, even goofy English.
Same, though I'll be disappointed once Trump gets pissed at Abe and puts a huge tariff on imported anime games.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Same, though I'll be disappointed once Trump gets pissed at Abe and puts a huge tariff on imported anime games.

Barron would never stand for that.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

I have this amazing vocal version of Steel Cockpit I plan to use for it.

I need to see if I can find an awesome version of Vanishing Trooper to use for the Huckebein.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I'm like 10 episodes into Cross Ange.

Once you get past the stuff the show is...infamous for having, I think there's some decent stuff buried underneath it? Like the show about a privileged girl learning just what exactly the oppressed people she's been benefiting from her whole life are living through is genuinely kind of interesting, but its buried under fanservice and then some that makes Daimidaler look tame, and I won't blame people for not being into that.

I hope SRWV emphasizes these more interesting aspects of the show.

WrightOfWay posted:

Barron would never stand for that.
I hope it never happens, but well, there have been a lot of things lately I hoped would never happen.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't know which one to choose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgfwyfVZyng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhDtQr21-9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVVskoRwJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TLW9-UmYik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6wHaeoQzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dquhnP8sBFE

There's just way too many!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Toki or Koete is definitely my favorite of those old school tunes.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That video of Grungust Zan cuts off the very last 5 seconds of the song!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I feel boring and rote but I still have to give my vote to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5Z7-W8C24

(I feel like there should be a collection of these that exists somewhere but I just cannot find)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
The image from that Youtube video is proof that every image involving Masaaki Endoh is better than the last.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I mean

duh

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

always vanishing trooper

even on grungust

all srw4 vets get vanishing trooper even if it's from alpha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Okay, so I've bought a few songs on iTunes that would work, like Mazin Go. Since I don't know crap, is it possible to use those or does it have to be an mp3?

• Locked thread