Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a slight nerf for something Zerker and Conqueror can do that they shouldn't have been able to. If you block them, they currently can get a guaranteed guardbreak. That wasn't intended for any classes.

Sorry, but this is incorrect. If you block them (specifically a light attack), YOU get a free guardbreak. Not the other way around. This is why Berserker was a particularly bad hero given his role as a harasser. It's a buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this game worth $100?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

When are they adding immortals

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I only play duels and brawls myself, but I don't begrudge goons who prefer the other modes.

ZenVulgarity posted:

When are they adding immortals

Not before I get my Guan Yu.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

mellowjournalism posted:

strongpinions itt

Whatever the hell you want to call it, you are hard canceling your charge up every once in a while right?

Also what is this semi-feint while doing holding back to do the block

Something about full block stance?
Yeah, I'm cancelling it, but the only way to cancel it is to do the full block stance, and that leaves you open to guard breaks.

And yeah, I did mean the full block stance, the name of it was just escaping me at the moment.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I'm probably going to sell this, it's way too hard for my old brain to learn. I really wanted to like it too, I'm just worried about my cat

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Perestroika posted:

I'm fairly certain you can cancel the charge-up into a guardbreak, yeah. That has a way of catching people off guard and allows you to do the whole heavy-bash-mixup thing.
Alternatively, you can also go for the superior block. To pull that off, you need to launch your attack a short time before theirs connects, with your guard in the same direction. The window for this is fairly tricky, but if you pull it off you still block and your attack is guaranteed to connect no matter what the enemy does.

Warden's being able to hit-hit-shouldercharge mixup-hit-hit until he gets tired is really stupid because you can't really break it. When someone good pulls this off there's literally nothing you can do until you lose half your bar to it and he runs low on stamina.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Turtlicious posted:

Is this game worth $100?

Two of this game are worth $120.

Oh, $100 is the season pass edition? Don't buy season passes. That's like preordering. Preordering is for chumps.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 17, 2017

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Here is my game mode pecking order.

Dominion

2v2

1v1

Death match

Elimination

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean have you guys got $60 worth of fun out of it compared to something like... Dark Souls 3, or Overwatch? (Yes it's its' own genre, but am I going to get more then 10, 20 hours of gameplay out of it, or is this going to peter out like Titanfall 2)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I bought it and sunk 4 hours in the game yesterday and hardly experienced even 30% of the game. It's a great buy at $60. I don't know where the lack of content thing comes from, there's a lot of content and it's all pretty good.

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Dominion

2v2

1v1

Death match

Elimination

Same. Elimination modes are the worst in every game ever.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Dominion

2v2

1v1

Death match

Elimination

Skirmish. :suicide:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Turtlicious posted:

I mean have you guys got $60 worth of fun out of it compared to something like... Dark Souls 3, or Overwatch? (Yes it's its' own genre, but am I going to get more then 10, 20 hours of gameplay out of it, or is this going to peter out like Titanfall 2)

It peters out pretty hard in my opinion. It's difficult to remember all the different classes strengths and weaknesses and playing one repeatedly is boring. You have to be a pretty big marvel bs capcome guy (girls don't play these sorts of games) to get 100 bucks with of enjoyment out of it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

I've got it for about 40$, and so far it's been utterly worth it and then some. Even though I've already put like 30+ hours into the various alphas and betas, I'm still having plenty of fun and expect to be playing it for a good while longer. Particularly with the new characters coming in down the line. For comparison, I paid some ~50$ for Battlefield 1, and on the whole I'd say I'm getting about equal amounts of fun out of both those games.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
The queueing system in this game is so arbitrary. You can't queue for both 1v1 and 2v2 at once, but if you want to play 4v4 you can't pick Elimination over Skirmish (the "priority" system is not really working out for me, as I consistently get Skirmish matches when I'd like Elimination instead).

Is it so difficult to have a "tick a box for every mode you want to queue for" option? I don't see any upside to the current system, it's just breaking down the player base for the sake of it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Floppychop posted:

And I prefer dominion over HONERABRU DUEL.

Turns out people have different tastes.

:eyepop:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

I'm okay with the purchase and can see myself playing it for a few weeks. Maybe longer if the post release content is good and not outrageously expensive.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Turtlicious posted:

Is this game worth $100?

do u like swords and stuff?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Turtlicious posted:

Well I've been playing since the closed beta so that's at least... several days :prepop:

I will probably play this for... several more days AT LEAST :eyepop:

It's a great game if you're into duelling, and stabbing people with stuff and you have a competitive nature and don't mind learning

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Donnerberg posted:

Oh, $100 is the season pass edition? Don't buy season passes. That's like preordering. Preordering is for chumps.

I get the content is all gonna be free and that's all well and good but holy poo poo $40 for the season pass? Just for week early access to stuff and 25% XP boost for a month lmao

Also the gold edition is $70 at Target so

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get the content is all gonna be free and that's all well and good but holy poo poo $40 for the season pass? Just for week early access to stuff and 25% XP boost for a month lmao

Also the gold edition is $70 at Target so

If it's anything like the Rainbow Six season passes, it's not just "wow lol 1 week early access???", it's 1 week early access and you instantly get all new classes without having to pay steel for them. No point buying the season pass so early, but later down the line when they release new classes, if you like the direction they're taking the game and appreciate the effort they're putting into making new and fun classes, I'd definitely recommend getting it. I know I probably will.

I bought both S1 and S2 passes for Rainbow Six and it was a drat good purchase.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Loopoo posted:

You paid $140 for Rainbow Six Siege?!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Turtlicious posted:

Not yet, but I quite yet, but I will by the time I'm done. Besides, it's the first week.

Also I definitely got my $60 from Titanfall 2.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got hella burned on titanfall 2 beat the campaign in 6 hours then kept losing in the multiplayer, as matchmaking paired me up with people way better then me. Ended up getting like 8 hours playtime. Super lame.

The only fighting games I've played are dark souls and smash bros but everyone compares this to dark souls so I thought I'd see what thread regulars have to say.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It's more like Chivalry, in my opinion.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
My issue with the 4 v 4 gamemodes are it's whichever team has the brains to stick together so they don't get picked off 1 by 1.

I don't find it fun to get ganged up on by 4 buff shirtless men and beat on

Though some people do swing that way

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
What's the feel on PC vs PS4 for this? Any significant advantages/disadvantages anyone has seen?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Loopoo posted:

If it's anything like the Rainbow Six season passes, it's not just "wow lol 1 week early access???", it's 1 week early access and you instantly get all new classes without having to pay steel for them. No point buying the season pass so early, but later down the line when they release new classes, if you like the direction they're taking the game and appreciate the effort they're putting into making new and fun classes, I'd definitely recommend getting it. I know I probably will.

I just think $40 is asking a lot for that

trash person posted:

What's the feel on PC vs PS4 for this? Any significant advantages/disadvantages anyone has seen?

Not as much poo poo talking on ps4 since no one really has a keyboard. I think this would feel a lot better on a controller but just imo

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Darth Windu posted:

I'm probably going to sell this, it's way too hard for my old brain to learn. I really wanted to like it too, I'm just worried about my cat

I feel your pain. I used to think I was good at games but this one has me wondering if I might be retarded.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Lots of people have said controller is worse for this due to changing blocks quick and what not. There are more reasons but it seems from what I've seen KB and Mouse is better

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The learning curve on this game is basically a mountain, you kind of have to be prepared to work to be good at this game. It's not something you can really pick up and play and be competitive right away. While the systems themselves are pretty simple, learning everyone's movesets and reacting in time if your reactions aren't great will take a lot of effort on your end.

E: Really wish it showed enemy health after death. Sometimes I can't keep track and it'd be nice to know how well I did - this is standard in most multiplayer games these days.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 17, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after playing every character I can't see any sane reason to choose Lawbringer over most of them, he needs his poo poo moveset retooled badly. even the Raider has a better running tackle.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

after playing every character I can't see any sane reason to choose Lawbringer over most of them, he needs his poo poo moveset retooled badly. even the Raider has a better running tackle.

So the problem with Lawbringer is that like 80% of his moveset is a trap.Trying to use most of it will get you killed. Basically he has his top light, his shove, guardbreak into heavy, and parry into light as actual moves and everything else is so slow you will never ever hit anyone with it and will be parried and then murdered.

I mean like half of his moves require you to do a parry to start them, but then are so slow that the target will recover and parry them himself. Like you will absolutely never hit anyone with Blind Justice or Impaling Riposte, ever. Basically the way to play Lawbringer is: never try to combo, never use any of your parry ripostes other than the light one, never use long arm. If there's a cliff, cliff them, otherwise just keep shoving or throwing them into walls and then hitting them with top heavies until you run out of stamina.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

When I play Lawbringer I just chill and wait, then Parry and top heavy, if they dodge it I don't bother doing it again and just focus on charge breaks and getting 1 attack off.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

So the problem with Lawbringer is that like 80% of his moveset is a trap.Trying to use most of it will get you killed.

so, he's a character that was designed by a loving moron. It would be cool if half his moveset wasn't useless and wasn't super-passive; if you want to just shove people, might as well pick Warden or another big guy. Right now when going up against scrappy characters like any Samurai or Peacemaker, the toolset isn't that great and the weapon range doesn't make up for the slow speed.

Honestly when your skillset boils down to "your combos are bad and so are your parries and only use like 3 things" there's something wrong there. Playing defensively is more fun with the two shieldbros who can go Full Defense in a pinch.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

They don't seem to have bothered with LB in the upcoming patch too. Just Valk buffs

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pruney posted:

They don't seem to have bothered with LB in the upcoming patch too. Just Valk buffs

what was that change related to guardbreaks? were we not able to counter those before?

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

It was that when you both GB at the 'same' time, one person will always win.

In beta, you both cancelled each other out and did a stumble, which they are reintegrating.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

MinibarMatchman posted:

what was that change related to guardbreaks? were we not able to counter those before?

Right now if you and your opponent decide to guard break at the same time, one of you will be guard broken. They're changing it so it'll be like the betas where it will tech since that's the expected behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Basically, they're making simultaneous throw tech be a thing again.