Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

So, imagine you've got $140 million in funding and this is the best you've got to explain your damage model several years into development:

http://i.imgur.com/qF8yZDY.mp4

Chris doesn't look well , or maybe it's the make up and lighting ?

His skin has a weird orange tinge to it , and he always has wild eyes

Maybe he is truly taking after his protégé Steve Jobberts.... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

his nibs posted:

Also wtf ..."multicrew"

Yes? You know that feature that made Apache (1996) a really special sim — CIG is taking a momentous stride by adding that unprecedented mechanic to their game. As always.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Roflan posted:

Maybe I got that impression from watching too many speedrunners, most of whom seem to hate the game they play.

There's far too many games in the world (most of them are on my Steam list of shame it seems) to bother wasting valuable game time on one you don't like.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • 3.0 will arrive this year
  • in the first release, there will be a planetary landing mode accessible from the main screen (or space stations)
  • you will not be able to fly down to the planet from space
  • there will be rovers akin to the mako for ground exploration
  • desert planet populated with several small oasis
  • playable space is less than 100km2
  • 3.0 will include a new player inventory
  • no new ship inventory in this release
  • mining will be available
  • player to player trading is not available in this release
  • crafting will not be in this release
  • the planet will only hold 32 players
  • the planet will be instanced
  • currently no ground combat npcs or other life
  • the planet will not track changes made by players
  • this will be the only planet available for this release
  • will feature 3 distinct, hand crafted outposts with new quests
  • players will not be able to go underwater (unsure if this means no water or that they can't get in water or what)
  • sqlude has been pushed to q1 2018
  • mocap cleanup still ongoing with "years" of manpower still to come
  • many npcs and quests from sq42 have been migrated to SC, as SC specific quests (3.0 planet will feature these)

Star Citizen: Contracting out your dreams to the lowest bidder!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

It's very believable that Behavior is no longer involved but Moon Collider were responsible for the AI (Kythera), the story was they got cut ages ago and the AI went in house to Frankfurt who obviously hosed it all up or couldn't fix it.

Maybe it went to Behavior after that, but if so I don't recall hearing about it before.

Yeah, we knew about Moon Collider already; as that was almost a year ago I think. Behavior does the same type of work as Moon Collider. So either they took it over, or both companies were working on various aspects of AI implementation. Contrary to popular belief, AI encompasses many things, including path finding, behaviors etc.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
The Star Citizen Exclusive Interview: Erin Roberts

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

his nibs posted:

Also wtf ..."multicrew"

Well, you see, Elite: Dangerous just revealed their Multicrew gameplay, so 'ol Genuine absolutely has to do something to ensure that Star Citizen looks like it can compete, even though it really can't.

Expect him to announce that character customisation will be coming to Star Citizen in "weeks, not months" any time now...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Erin Roberts sure proved you wrong about everything :smug:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Apparently, the PTU is down.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/371631/the-ptu-is-down

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They let their SSL cert expire :allears:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mu77ley posted:

Well, you see, Elite: Dangerous just revealed their Multicrew gameplay, so 'ol Genuine absolutely has to do something to ensure that Star Citizen looks like it can compete, even though it really can't.

Expect him to announce that character customisation will be coming to Star Citizen in "weeks, not months" any time now...

TWO SAND WORMS!

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

quote:

W: So at some point, when/who says (and we all really love Chris obviously) to Chris “please stop giving dates to the community!”?

ER: To be fair, Chris isn’t really giving hard deadlines, he says we’d like to do XYZ and we would, we’d all love to give everything as soon as we can, but this is something that gets brought up repeatedly and this was why at the end of last year we really started opening up with our production schedule to the community.

I’ve done this all my life though and it’s often, you know developers saying “oh yeah, we can do that!”, it’s not Chris making up dates, people want to give their best but then a roadblock appears, some contingent work isn’t finished in time or sometimes priorities change. It’s like last year when we delayed Star Marine and everyone reported that we’d killed it (W: We didn’t! In fact we reported it was still coming!) but we needed to reprioritise for other things.

So now sure, now there are often frank conversations saying “OK, I know you think you can get X out in 2 days, but what happens if all of a sudden you need to fix bugs for a day or some blocker happens or how sure are you that the other team delivers you what you need when you need it?” etc.

As we mature as a company, things continue to improve. When I was doing the Lego games for 10 years, it was so easy. There was no tech change. It was literally, ok this time we’re going to do Lego Batman, so reskin it all and put in 2 or 3 new gameplay features, bang, we could knock those out every 4 to 6 months. This is an order of magnitude more complex.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

TheAgent posted:

quote:

What I sent you is what [name] considers the barest of bones release of 3.0. Currently, in order to hit [name]'s release to coincide ship sales, this is what we have to put out. I am beyond hopeful more progress will be made before we release this to backers. Planetary landings are posing extremely problematic at the moment, as well as AI. We were left last year with almost zero progress on AI thanks to [contracted company] but have since moved all work in-house. Most contracted studios are now gone replaced by in-house people.

I want to mention the negativity about the project. I don't know if you'll post this. I want to say many of us here believe in what we are doing. We are not relaxing in hot tubs surrounded by bikini-clad girls, smoking fat-cat cigars lit with backer money. We work very, very hard. Sixty hours a week sometimes. We try to breathe life into this game. We are not a faceless zombie army of programmers and artists. We are people. I want everyone to remember that.

We do understand the patience of people is wearing thing. Mistakes, sometimes big mistakes, have been made. I am not privy to every piece of information regarding those. We know they've happened. We don't stop working. We don't stop trying. We guide and mentor and continue to strive to make the best of bad situations.

We are years out from a full release. Please try to understand that doesn't mean never. Backers started this journey with us and I hope they finish it with us.

and everyone knows that the developers aint the fault here. Its all gently caress up's in the management and the fact that chris over promised the game.
trying to develop this with best of ability is fine and good, but the fact is that theres no way that star citizen will be finished as promised.
The collapse of CIG will affect, indie kickstarting a lot. In good and bad ways
It will also disappoint many of the backers that have invested a lot of money into this project.

and most importantly it will be shame, that something this promising was screwed up.
It will give EA and ubisoft a reason to be smug, and frankly nobody wants that.

This project was a failure mostly because nobody was willing to keep chris accountable for his mistakes.
The only real publisher CIG ever had was Derek Smart, rest just kept hands on ear so that they could keep dreaming on something that was never coming.

Finally heres a timeline to showcase how screwed up the scope of this game is.

quote:

2014: original release date missed, and original kickstarter product undelivered, thats fine delays happen

2015: 2.0 turns out to be quite smaller than expected and sq42 aint nowhere to be seen, That is fine much larger 3.0 will fix everything

2016: 3.0 is completely missing and 2.0 is only getting maintenance mode updates, and star marine turns out to be quite generic fps (missing all the cool stuff they showcased in earlier demos)

2017: 3.0 will be out late this year same with sq42.(not likely to happen on both of these events, maybe theres somekind of mvp that doesnt resemble anything they promised)
3.1?
mining
refineries
quantum interdictions
refueling

2018:
salvage
repair
farming
rescue
exploration
science

Road mapped contend ends.

2019:5.0
cockpit decorations
melee combat
heavy weapons
tablet companion app

bengal carrier in PU

2020: 6.0
Command and Control Center – Supervise the battle from the deck of your Idris or Destroyer (class TBA) with advanced C&C packages that allow you to tie all of your ships together and assume central command from the 3rd seat.

Space Station management

2021: 7.0
Public Transportation System

Enhanced Capital Ship Systems – In addition to the command and control systems we’ve already outlined, we’re going to expand capital ship functions! Lead a damage control team to fight fires and repair key systems during battle, control internal bulkheads to slow boarders and man a number of consoles, like navigation and engineering, that will make commanding a capital ship feel even more immersive.

Stellar Cartography

Alien Languages – Do you speak Banu? We will work with real-world linguists to create distinctive and realistic alien languages for Star Citizen’s three biggest alien races, the Vanduul, the Xi’An and the Banu. No universal translators, no garbled animal noises: Star Citizen’s aliens will be speaking their own authentic languages!

2022:8.0
INDEPENDENT ARBITRATOR’S GUILD – Have you been wronged by your superiors? Has the member of your organization entrusted with watching the funds, been watching them go into their own pocket? Think you don’t have any recourse? You’re wrong. Fully licensed and bonded to work within the UEE and beyond, the Independent Arbitrator’s Guild allows citizens (and civilians, we don’t discriminate!) to file complaints against (or within) private organizations. Petition cases with our IAG representatives to have your voice heard and restitutions made. Is your business less than legitimate? IAG is only here to judge the matters you want us to. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

Enhanced Ship Modularity

pets

VR

2023:9.0
modding support and private servers

2024:10.0 work begins on implementing stuff chris has promised in 10 for the chairman
Gravity Generators
Hull Breaches
Inertia on objects not anchored on ships
Wreckage as a navigational hazard
Using inertia for flight rather than burning fuel all the time
Dangerous and Dynamic Jump Points
Changeable gravity systems for ships
Booby traps and trackers for cargo
Detailed navigation system

2025:11,0
Ship repair and cleanliness/degradation
Organization Infiltration
Playing as another alien race
In depth non-FTL communication
Character damage and aging
Character histories and/or ancestral trees
Dynamic population count

2026: 12.0
In-fiction “Live Team” that will report player driven events as in-fiction news
Large scale dynamic events
Player Rating System
Organization reputation system
Damageable cyborg limbs and cybernetic repair facilities
Dynamic social interaction with NPCs

2027: 13.0
Galactapedia
Space creatures
Cargo damage (item damage)
Docking and Undocking Tech
Realistic Audio Options
Personally Owned NPCs

2028: 14.0
Getting Everyone into the Same Instance
Character Customization
Ship connected to User Online/Offline Status
Stealth Game Play
Rigging
Anchoring to an Asteroid

2029: 15.0
Non-Lethal Combat Modules
Raid Supply Shipments
Owning an Alien Ship
Catapulting Through Space
Jury Rig Repairing
Escape Pods

2030:16.0
Start up Sequence for Large Multi-Crew Ships
Remotely Hacking Ships
Pacing NPC's
Game Generated Missions
Communication Between Two Ships
Controlled and Uncontrolled Space
NPC Crews
Guild Wars
Travelling in Fleets

2031:17.0
Trading weapons in the FPS
UI Customization
Assigning Ships to Landing Zones
Clothing Damage
Character Creator
Interior Damage System
Roaming Floating Structures
Electronic Warfare in the PU
NPC population in the PU

2032:18.0
Ship Aging
Linux Client
In game Banking
FPS environmental hazards
Physical grappling beam
Ship spoofing
Organic ships
Search players for weapons
Starting wars between the different races
Tractor Beams

2033:19.0
NPCs react to weapons
Drop pods
Limb Damage
Org recruiting NPCs
NPC & Human scanning

quote:

2014: original release date missed, and original kickstarter product undelivered, thats fine delays happen

2015: 2.0 turns out to be quite smaller than expected and sq42 aint nowhere to be seen, That is fine much larger 3.0 will fix everything

2016: 3.0 is completely missing and 2.0 is only getting maintenance mode updates, and star marine turns out to be quite generic fps (missing all the cool stuff they showcased in earlier demos)

2017: 3.0 will be out late this year same with sq42.(not likely to happen on both of these events, maybe theres somekind of mvp that doesnt resemble anything they promised)

2018: 4.0 features additional system to visit

2019:5.0 features 10 different star systems

2020: 6.0 features 40 different star systems

2021: 7.0 features 40 different star systems, work on porting the previous created contend into new engine begins

2022:8.0 features 40 different star systems work on porting the contend finishes.

2023:9.0 developers start to go insane with the amount of code nobody understands.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/371636/cig-you-re-dirty-filthy-teases-could-3-0-be-closer-than-we-might-think

COULD IT BE!?

:trumppop:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hopefully someone pointed out that they "hope" to be working on integral systems for 3.0 later in the year.

Or don't, it will be funnier that way.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

But but, my hopes and dreams!

Who gives you the right to shatter them like the windshield on a limited edition Porsche!?

I am also in agreement with Animosity ... you really would think even the thickest of citizens would learn after 4 years of the same old story

Goons can be accused of searching through CIG produced media with a magnifying glass to find funnies, but citizens do the same thing looking for any far fetched indication that their wank fantasies might be coming true

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

HycoCam posted:

When idiots are giving you $35million a year--why ruin it with a game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I'm sure this is all good for Star Citizen.

They're probably bringing some new tech online through their refactored pipelines.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

99 parp balloons.

This is not an empty quote. This is me complaining that my work blocked SA.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

PTU down?

No worries commandos o9

#IAMASTARCITIZEN

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Right? A cartridge for my single-handle bathroom faucet costs $0.98 and is made out of plastic. Why would you build a sink this way?

Okay well at least there's some context so I don't feel like a complete crazy person. I still maintain that 900 years in the future or whatever, old British home design quirks will probably have fallen by the wayside :colbert:

There are entire fifth columns of us embedded throughout the union. That quaint little pub attempting to look like it's been pulled from Tudor England? It's a listening post. We hold meetings all the time amongst our best operatives, disguised as burnt pink tourists yelling about the prices of food and novelty T-shirts.

Our plans are coming to fruition with the installation of a Scot to the American government, and we'll be politely inserting our shadow government after you've been beaten into submission by the short-fingered vulgarian. We will, of course, be separating your taps and introducing a mandatory tea-break.

Derek: Finsbury Park, Ravens of the Tower, Bow Bells. You have your orders.

Wiz posted:

Crunch is incredibly inefficient after a certain point in a creative business like game development. It works for a few weeks, then you're basically just burning people out for what amounts to a lower/worse output compared to letting them have a healthy work/life balance. It's evil AND stupid.

I think the industry works on crunches of 8-10 weeks to go gold using the EA standard. They work on the principle that they're going to dust most of the team anyway, and take on the best performers for other things. There's literally a pipeline from Fullsail to EA Sports in Central Florida.

In Commercial, we consider it a terrible loving practice. After you mold a tech into the shape of your company, it's difficult to mold a replacement. Managership in commercial development is largely 'talent' retention. HR term, hence the scare quotes. It' a completely different way of being. Sometimes a little too 'ballcuppy' for my European sensibilities, but it's nice to be treated with a little more than contempt.

Scruffpuff posted:

Inexperienced employees do not - they're more likely to stick with it, and make it even worse by mistaking ignorance for loyalty, thus giving themselves the moral high ground while simultaneously wasting their lives away.

There's a fantastic talk called 'gently caress you, pay me' that I advise everyone, not just freelancers, to watch. It basically works on the principles of getting paid, and avoiding not getting paid. Basic stuff that everyone should see at least once.

https://vimeo.com/22053820 - NSFW for language.

Wiz posted:

I crunched for all of 4 weeks last year, and that was way more than normal because I was working on two different projects that both had upcoming releases (Stellaris and HOI4).

Just wanted you to know that it's appreciated. My xenophobic militaristic mushroom-people thank you.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

But, but, but... Blood Dragon not only exists, BUT IT IS GOOD AND FUN AND COOL!

Well, they did sell new classes in Borderlands 2....

I think we dont have the same definition of classes. I consider Borderland to be selling "New heroes" with complete voicepack, new mechanics and 3 whole trees of skill, giving you a completely fresh playtrough, like how MOBA will sell you champions.

It not like BF1 would only allow you to play Medic if you give them 5$. I bet if classes sell well they will try to sell "pilot licenses" for various size of ships next.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The lesser Roberts posted:

As we mature as a company, things continue to improve. When I was doing the Lego games for 10 years, it was so easy. There was no tech change. It was literally, ok this time we’re going to do Lego Batman, so reskin it all and put in 2 or 3 new gameplay features, bang, we could knock those out every 4 to 6 months. This is an order of magnitude more complex.

So 40 to 60 months?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

years

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Kosumo posted:

That's the ultimate problem, if Star Citizen is to work as a good MMO, it needs a player base, yet the whole time Chris has said it would be bleeding edge game, which means that only a minority could run it, which is not enough to support a MMO type game. What is the point if it's an empty universe?

Just Whales?

That work with some niche MMO. Age of Wushu, for example, turned into that pretty quickly and is still being published. There are probably others like that floating around. Look at Pathfinder Online. It has even less of a product than SC and not even 5% of its funding and visibility but it manage to keep the lights on with a few whales enamored with the project.

Whales are not rational actors in a Virutal goods economy. You have to apraoach it like a faith based organisation. People give because it make them feel good and a part of something.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, whichever one of you is Dzunner, quit being an insane weirdo at /r/ds posters over reddit pms. It's an extremely bad look.

That would be me. And what they are not saying openly is that they are they are the ones that started spamming my inbox with messages. I got banned over at r/DS and they have started throwing me in their conversations because they know I cannot reply. Other than that, I haven't done poo poo Beet. If you are talking about the autist that claimed I sent 100 messages, didn't loving happen.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

HycoCam posted:

The snub fighter in E:D is a module. Depending on the class of ship you can have X number of modules which have a sizing from 1 to 7 (so far for me, might go higher, but gently caress it if I'm going to read documentation...). The fighter bays come in one or two bay options that hold between 6 to 15 fighters. When a fighter has to live for a minute and half or so before another fighter can be launched. The Cobra MK3, a relatively cheap, do anything ship can hold a class 5 fighter bay which is one bay with 6 fighters.

Just for those wondering how snub fighters work in E:D. You don't need to buy a specialized carrier class ship--just buy a 500K module from an outfitter. 500K is pretty easy to make--less than an hour of truckin'.

Indeed. I should have been more precise in my comment but your (or my, i dont have E:D ships stats memorised) information might be incorrect concerning fighters. The smallest ship hangar is a class 5 and a Cobra Mk3 biggest internal is class 4. We know the following ships can have hangars : Keelback, Federal Gunship, Type 9 Heavy, Anaconda, Federal Corvette, Imperial Cutter, and the Beluga Liner but more might be possible (like the Asp explorer)but we wont know the little details untill 2.3 hit live.

Tl:Dr : Its easy, fast and cheap to do basic (gunner) Multicrew in E:D but a little more expensive for snub fighters. No need to have a 150$ ship (+45$ for a game package) before you can do so.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

aleksendr posted:

Indeed. I should have been more precise in my comment but your (or my, i dont have E:D ships stats memorised) information might be incorrect concerning fighters. The smallest ship hangar is a class 5 and a Cobra Mk3 biggest internal is class 4. We know the following ships can have hangars : Keelback, Federal Gunship, Type 9 Heavy, Anaconda, Federal Corvette, Imperial Cutter, and the Beluga Liner but more might be possible (like the Asp explorer)but we wont know the little details untill 2.3 hit live.

Tl:Dr : Its easy, fast and cheap to do basic (gunner) Multicrew in E:D but a little more expensive for snub fighters. No need to have a 150$ ship (+45$ for a game package) before you can do so.

Fighters have been in E:D for a while now, they can be used on these ships:

Anaconda (Class 5-7)
Beluga Liner (Class 5,6)
Federal Corvette (Class 5-7)
Federal Gunship (Class 5,6)
Imperial Cutter (Class 5-7)
Keelback (Class 5)
Type-9 Heavy (Class 5-7)

Class 5 hangar can hold 1 kind of fighter and rebuild it 6 times.
Class 6 can hold 2 kinds and rebuild them 8 times each.
Class 7 can hold 2 kinds and rebuild them an excessive 15 times each.

Rebuilding takes 80 seconds and does not start until the current fighter is destroyed. Docking a fighter repairs it within a few seconds.

There are three kinds of fighters which break down roughly into slow and heavy, medium speed and medium defenses and super fast with basically no defense. Each of those then has 5 loadouts with different weapons and utilities. You must pick the fighter including loadout and equip to the fighter bay while in a station which sells that kind of fighter.

ANYWAY, the cheapest fighter capable ship is the keelback costing just a touch under 3m for the stock hull. A fat pirate bounty can be over 1m for that one kill (though that will be a tough big pirate ship). If you go bounty hunting with someone for an hour or two you can probably go pick up a keelback with fighter bay the next day.

If your heart's desire is to play spaceships with fighters then you can have it within a few days of starting Elite. You probably can't multicrew in a keelback though, it has only one seat. The gunship is the smallest/cheapest multicrew fighter capable ship and takes a bit more effort to get as you need to go get cozy with the Federation before they let you buy one.

It's worth noting as well that with multicrew any ship with a bay holding 2 kinds of fighters can launch 2 fighters at once. Without multicrew you can only launch 1.

:words:

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 17, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

That would be me. And what they are not saying openly is that they are they are the ones that started spamming my inbox with messages. I got banned over at r/DS and they have started throwing me in their conversations because they know I cannot reply. Other than that, I haven't done poo poo Beet. If you are talking about the autist that claimed I sent 100 messages, didn't loving happen.

I'm talking more about this, I obviously don't think you sent someone 100 messages. But stuff like this makes you look like a goddamn maniac. Like, this isn't some kind of weird internet army, so do whatever, but this deserves to be mocked just as much as the people yelling that Derek doxxed Sandi by sharing her imdb:

Hav posted:

I think the industry works on crunches of 8-10 weeks to go gold using the EA standard. They work on the principle that they're going to dust most of the team anyway, and take on the best performers for other things. There's literally a pipeline from Fullsail to EA Sports in Central Florida.

Man if you only knew how many brokebrained Fullsail graduates there are around here who thought they were going to love making games and ended up getting stuck on Battlefield: Mobile or whatever, you'd laugh your rear end off. Full Sail might not be a scam, but it definitely is an engine designed to efficiently break people of their will to live.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

aleksendr posted:

You have to apraoach it like a faith based organisation. People give because it make them feel good and a part of something.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Level 3. You could argue elements of level 2.

It's a vast oversimplification, obviously, and indicator of humanity rather than anything else. We're all on there someplace.

Beet Wagon posted:

Man if you only knew how many brokebrained Fullsail graduates there are around here who thought they were going to love making games and ended up getting stuck on Battlefield: Mobile or whatever, you'd laugh your rear end off. Full Sail might not be a scam, but it definitely is an engine designed to efficiently break people of their will to live.

I know a few who've been through the conveyor and out of the other side. Disney, too.

The latter is one of the tightest ships I've ever seen, but it's a soul-destroying grind intended to make easily replaceable units by having everyone adhere tightly to standards; not a bad thing, but the intention is to avoid turnover being a problem rather than create a more streamlined environment. Then there's the H1B controversy which means I get pitched constantly for full stack development jobs that attract entry level wages.

http://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html - just throwing that out there for people to read.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 17, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fly casual.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Realistic 64 bit physics grids inlaid with fine filigree means that you can have an unprecedented level of control over your commando. Always wanted to fly a spacship sidesaddle? Now you can!

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards. Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will. Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect. However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps. Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection. All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever. Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed. Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable. Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average. Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule. Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed. The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
man those people on r/ds really like star citizen

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

man those people on r/ds really like star citizen

Who can blame them? We really like it in here too. A lot! Although for different reasons.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Star Citizen is loving dull though tbh

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen is loving dull though tbh

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel