Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

These loving VRAINS leaks :psyduck:
Credit to Onmi for posting these in the Discord (check the OP!)

E: Org links:
https://ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/
https://ygorganization.com/zeldasummons/ (nice)
https://ygorganization.com/itsover1000/

Japanese images: http://imgur.com/a/gG5mb

quote:

Decode Talker
DARK Cybers-Type Link Effect Monster
LINK 3
ATK 2300
Materials: 2 or more Effect Monster
(1) This card gains 500 ATK for each monster Linked to it.
(2) When an opponent’s card effect that targets a card you control is activated: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters Linked to this card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Further Information

Look at those distinctive Link Markers! Use these Markers to develop brand new strategies!
It goes into your Extra Deck!

There are 2 ways of Link Summoning!!
>>Send Materials to the Grave Equal to the Link Number!
>You can Link Summon something from your Extra Deck by sending the same number of monsters that meet the material requirements written in the card’s effect box, whose total numbers equal to the LINK number, from the field to the Graveyard
>>Decrease Materials by Using Link Monsters
>Link Monsters are treated as the same number of materials as its LINK Number, however to use them you must match the requirements written on the card!

IN THE CASE OF “DECODE TALKER”
You can either
-Use 3 Effect Monsters
or
-Use 1 Link 2 Effect monster and 1 Effect Monster

Pay Attention to the Direction of the Link Markers!
>The Zones pointed to by each Link Marker and the cards in them will be affected by the Link Monster, and this will create new strategies!

They have no defense…!!!
Link monsters have no defense points and they have the special characteristics of being unable to change their battle positions or turning to defense position by effects.

quote:

The Newly Created Extra Monster Zone
>You can only use one of them!<

When the Duel begins, neither Extra Monster Zone is considered to belong to a specific player. When a player Special Summons a monster to one of them, that Zone then becomes treated as part of that player’s field, and the other then becomes treated as the other player’s field. The tactics of a Duel will change drastically depending on who can grab an Extra Monster Zone first! An Extra Deck Monster can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone! But if you Summon a Link Monster to one of the Extra Monster Zone first, you can utilize it to its max potential!

*Extra Deck Monsters, like Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link, cannot be Summnoned to the Main Monster Zone, beware!

– What has been the [Monster Zone] up till now is now the [Main Monster Zone]
– The [Pendulum Zone] is on the left and right of the [Spell & Trap Zone]. You can use it as a normal [Spell & Trap Zone], but when you place Pendulum cards there, it is treated as the [Pendulum Zone]

The Zones Pointed at by Link Markers Can be Used to Bring Out Extra Deck Monsters
Although Extra Deck Monsters can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone Normally, if you have a Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, the Zones pointed at by their Link Markers can be used to Summon Extra Deck Monsters! So if you get out a Link Summon quickly, you can bring out Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters in succession. Of course, you can Summon another Link Monster in one of these Zones, so if you play your cards right, you can fill your entire Main Monster Zone with Extra Deck Monsters! The new metagame will require careful consideration of where to place monsters!
Super Quick Q&A for the New Rules!
Q: If Special Summoned an Extra Deck Monster normally, and it goes to the Graveyard, and I want to Special Summon it with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone does it go to?
A: It goes into the Main Monster Zone, not the Extra Monster Zone.
Q: Can you use “Book of Moon” on Link Monsters?
A: Link Monsters cannot be face-down, so you cannot target them with “Book of Moon”.

Q: If your opponent’s only monster is in their Extra Monster Zone, can you attack them directly?
A: If there’s a monster in the Extra Monster Zone, unless some kind of effect is in play, you would have to attack that monster first.

Q: Can you destroy 2 Set Spell & Trap Cards in your Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones with “Wavering Eyes”?
A: The Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones are regular Spell & Trap Zones, and do not become Pendulum Zones unless you activate a Pendulum Card in them, or if a Pendulum Card is placed in them by a card effect. A Set Spell & Trap Card in either of those Zones cannot be destroyed by “Wavering Eyes”.

quote:

Link Slayer
Level 5 EARTH Cybers-Type Effect Monster
ATK Unknown
DEF Unknown
(1) If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
(2) Once per turn: You can discard up to 2 cards, then target hat many Spell/Trap Cards on the field; destroy them.

Draconet
Level 3 DARK Cybers-Type Effect Monster
ATK Unknown
DEF Unknown
(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level X or lower Normal Monster from your hand or Deck in Defense Position.

Link Spider
EARTH Cybers-Type Link Effect Monster
ATK 1000
LINK 1
Materials: 1 Normal Monster
(1) Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level {???} or lower Normal Monster to one of this card’s Linked Zones.

Pendulums in the back row!
1 Extra Deck monster per player unless you use the new poo poo!
Positioning matters, long live Senet Switch!
I can't believe Zoodiacs are loving dead.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
These changes are so insane :shittypop:

Also, where's my Senet Switch meta at?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh gently caress this poo poo is crazy

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So I guess I can kiss my Synchro Quasar deck goodbye, then. Thing's gonna be impossible to play under the new rules.

I do like the pendulums just being in the regular backrow, though. That feels fine.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
The age of Infernoids is here, I guess

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Uh, wow, that kinda upends the meta, doesn't it.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So it looks like a link monster in the extra deck zone can point to your opponents field?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't been this confused about a card release since Pendulums were announced. :stare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

free basket of chips posted:

So it looks like a link monster in the extra deck zone can point to your opponents field?

Yeah, Decode Talker points up.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hold up we're making positioning matter again? I thought CDI weaned Konami away from that.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Oh here's a good question: Can Kaijus still be used on monsters in the Extra Monster Zone? Probably not, right?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

So is this just going to make the majority of current cards worthless, because Jesus Christ.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BurritoJustice posted:

So is this just going to make the majority of current cards worthless, because Jesus Christ.

All depends on how versatile links are, but rank 4 spam is certainly getting a wrench thrown in its gameplan.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BurritoJustice posted:

But some older cards will make a triumphant return.

RETURN OF THE KING BABY

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Also hey guess who just learned to play D/D/D. :smithicide:

E: On the plus side, Dinosaurs rule the main deck. :getin:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 17, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Won't Qliphots just swoop in and take everything?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

MiddleOne posted:

Won't Qliphots just swoop in and take everything?

Pendulums are in the backrow remember, they took a bit of a hit. Hopefully it's enough. :v:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The pendulum changes make demise qli non-viable as you can't fill all your zones before and after demise with a 5 max instead of 7.

I was just about to buy darklords so I hope there isn't a big price increase in the main-deck focused decks (infernoids too).

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Qli is probably the deck that's hurt the most by losing 2 backrow slots to pendulum scales. Monarchs and Nekroz could make a resurgence since neither relied on summoning extra deck monsters. Blue-Eyes is still fine with Chaos MAX builds helping the deck be less reliant on XYZ/synchro. Infernoids are really in the best position to take advantage of all of the changes, though.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I wonder if knowing about the VRAINS changes in advance will tank the value of Fusion Enforcers, since all of the decks featured in it are extremely hosed over.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So pendulums can still he summoned to the main field right

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're effect monsters so I don't see why they wouldn't be.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hey, they can be Normal Monsters. Don't diss my friend Vanilla Pendulum Deck. :colbert:

One of the images points to the Extra Zone and says "Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link". Signs point to yes.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Decks that use Ultimaya Tzolkin will still be really strong since it not only isn't Synchro Summoned itself, but it Special Summons Synchro monsters.

Unless the zone doesn't care how the monster was summoned, so long as it's an extra deck native??? Which would make Ultimaya unplayable without Link monsters.

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

Hjalmar posted:

Unless the zone doesn't care how the monster was summoned, so long as it's an extra deck native??? Which would make Ultimaya unplayable without Link monsters.

It mentioned you can summon them back from the grave to the main monster zone. That doesn't really prove anything though. I hope you can. Otherwise so many cards will be useless without a link monster.

So if I make a stardust dragon and sac to negate. He then specials himself and can go to the main monster zone because he is summoned from the grave. That's kinda nifty. Opens up your extra zone for the next turn. A bunch of the speedroid dudes special themselves from the grave and mezuki with zombie synchros as well. This could be neat. At least a change of pace.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This shits crazy
Im assuming link mons cant allow extra deck summons under their link level.
Else thatd be a but crazy.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'm not the kind of guy who gets really upset with the introduction of new mechanics. I was fine with Synchro, I was fine with Xyz, and I was drat near ecstatic with Pendulum.

After this, I'm probably quitting Yugioh.

It's one thing to introduce new mechanics that add on to the game, which is what the previous new Summon methods did. But this thing looks at just about every deck released in the past few years and gives a massive "gently caress YOU" made of fireworks to them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand this mechanic or how it works at all

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wow! I kind of super hate this!

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Yeah, this whole link summoning thing sounds like it's going to gently caress over a whole lot of decks.

On the positive side, though, Rescue Ferret. :3:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to chime in and say I too loving hate this.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This will be old news to this page, but I'm gonna try to sum up the new stuff as I understand it in a more readable format than Japanese ad copy.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains Rule Changes

• The first change, which will seem relatively minor once we're done here, is the abolishment of Pendulum Zones. Instead, Pendulum Monsters can be activated in the left- and right-most Spell and Trap Zones, with them being treated as Pendulum Zones only when a Pendulum Monster (as a spell) is in them.
  • There are two new zones on the playfield, the Extra Zones. There are two on the board situated between each player's 2nd and 4th Monster Zone, and are initally not owned by either player. The first player to summon a monster from the Extra Deck (that's Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or something new we'll get to) places it in one of these Zones, and the other then belongs to their opponent. With an exception we'll get to, you can only summon Extra Deck monsters in these Extra Zones, meaning each player (initally) can only play one such monster at a time.
  • The fourth Extra Deck monster I alluded to is the Link Monster, a dark blue card with no level or defense, instead having a Link Number. (Because they have no defense stat, they cannot be in defense position, or face-down.) They are summoned by tributing a number of monsters that fit a condition listed on the card equal to their Link Number, with another Link Monster counting for an amount of monsters equal to its Link Number. They are also the aforementioned exception to the limitation on Extra Deck summoning. Pictured above is Decode Talker, a Link Monster. Notice the arrows around the card picture. Spaces that the red/lit arrows point to can be occupied by Extra Deck monsters. This is a double-edged sword, notice the arrow pointing towards the opponent. Yes, this means positioning matters again.
  • Also, minor thing, there's a new type, called "Cybers" in Japanese. Decode Talker has it, it seems related to Links and Vrains' VR theme.

E: There's also a bunch of new cards teased including other links, but I just want to consolidate the stuff that's of long-term importance.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't want to make any judgements on how this will affect things but holy poo poo Konami, you can't just randomly change rules this hard. It may make the game more fun, it may not, but you can't just randomly change things like this in an already-established game.

I think I understand mostly how the new rules work, what confuses me is how they thought this was a good idea.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Holy poo poo, those madmen.

They finally fixed Yugioh!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am also going to make the kneejerk reaction to say this is bad and I hate it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're trying to rein in the extra-deck which I think is fine ABC, pepe and Molerat meta. Considering that link monsters are summoned by dumping monsters on the field most spam-decks are not dead, they're just going to be slower than before.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
You got your Card City Nights mixed in my Yu-Gi-Oh!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress? :psyduck:

I wonder how will this impact on my NK.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

I wonder how will this impact on my NK.

Can't get worse. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I just can't wrap my head around how much this fucks everyone that plays the physical game. Cards aren't cheap and they just made a massive amount of decks completely unplayable.

I know Konami likes to push their new poo poo hard but this is just silly.

• Locked thread